Chitchat 60 hour work week, 0 cents an hour.

Error 420

One Thousand Club
I'm a Junior in high school. On top of this, I have a morning show at the radio station, I have night classes for the theater's tech crew, I'm on the theater tech (a year-round very stressful job), and starting today I have daily night rehearsals for the school's production of Les Mis. Our school doesn't do cut and dry stupid boring musicals either. We're having weeks of choreography, music to learn, about a trillion lights to put up, a moving stage to try to figure out, costuming, etc. And I'm a main character, working at this thing from both sides. All in all, there's about seven hours a day in school, three hours in rehearsal, three hours in night class, an hour morning show, and an hour-long commute to and from the school. This is far beyond a full time job and I can't pay for lunch even. Still the school expects me to shell out money for uniforms and field trips (of which there are several, many very expensive [show choir competitions]), and friends tell me "you should get a job" when I have no money. How the hell am I supposed to do that? Work weekends and literally never have a time for social life, unwinding, studying, or doing homework? Sounds like a great idea.

I get home at 11. I wake up at 5. I'm in perpetual hell. If God is listening, could he just make it so I find twenty-dollar bills on the bus sometimes?

Well bud in my view I think you are suffering short in for a long earned return later on. Look of it as this: you are a junior in high school and these are electives if your in tech theatre. What you are merely playing out is closely related as of a indentured servant. That means you are not being payed but you are learning experience for later on in life. If you really want to be in that field when you grow up then you gotta suffer a little In order to have a good experience in your dream job. If you don’t like that feild then simply drop the course and pick some easier courses. I’m sorry bud but that is all I can say to you.

1: your going to get a winter break (possibly) a spring break and several months of summer off, your not going to get that at a job unless it's practically a natural disaster

2: think of it like this: if you have a good gpa, colleges will fight over you

3: this is the time to be getting money from your parents if you need it for something, or maybe drop one of these things and try tutoring those with grades below yours for cash.

4: drill this in your head: dont be ashamed to ask for help.

If it really upsets you, you could drop one of your extras and get a job. It's always nice to have hobbies and after school activities, but if you want money that bad the only answer is to just get a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back