• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 6 Kids in One Car .: ROLE PLAY :.

InkyWolf

It's been one week since the new girl joined their small little family. Everyone is adjusting to their sleeping stations and their living situation overall. Patrick still works full time, leaving his 3 month old child to the others until he comes "home". We still take showers at the Hospital as guests - Patrick's aunt is a nurse there and she lets them visit. If they get lucky they'll have free food in the cafeteria. They have to be careful where they park so the police aren't suspicious and if people ask what they're doing, they're getting ready for vacation. Patrick's number one rule: Never leave his child alone and unsupervised, and they don't have any more room for anyone else. We are trying to save up for a big apartment with 3-4 bedrooms, some of us may need to share bedrooms. Keep in mind, there's only 3 rows of seats in Patrick's van. But somehow we all manage to tolerate each other.

My Homies
me
Hey coming home :3
them
You mean to your car lol ?
me
Yes my car lol how's my boy?
them
Dead asleep lol
me
Oh ok good I have groceries. Can you get the grill out for me?
them
Yeah sure. Yay food see you soon!

Last edited:
Patrick
Tucking his phone in his pocket, he adjusted his beanie hat on his way out of Walmart. He carried three bags of groceries, considering that's all he needed. With how much these guys eat, it's impressive that they even have enough money to support each other. He didn't let that worry him though, the two boys had jobs too and that alone helped him with his constant worry. As long as he had enough for everyone including his baby, everything would be okay right? It would be a few more minutes before he could walk to the parking lot where he stationed the van. He wore jeans and a plain black tee shirt with a collar and nice white shoes. It was enough for work and that's all he needed for the dress code. Thank god it wasn't snowing yet, he only had hoodies, he didn't have a coat. As he made his way to the parking lot where they were parked in the corner, away from everyone else, he decided to put on the fake smile. He could smell his grill, it looks like someone got it out for him. Even though it was a small carry-able grill, it still worked and it was better than a microwave in his opinion.

Patrick approached the side door, opening it carefully and putting the grocery bags on the floor of the van. "Hey guuyys." His tired voice escaped him as both of his hands went straight for his baby. A tinier softer voice came from him as he picked up the infant. "Hiiii. Hows my baby boy." He picked him up and let him cuddle against his chest in his arms, his hand holding the cute little head to support it and kissed his forehead. "That's a good boy. Mhm! Hope he wasn't too loud today." He asked, turning his attention to the others in the van.

Last edited:
Kai

The baby had fallen asleep in his arms an hour ago. Kai sat in the drivers seat in place of his friend who was doing their shop for the week lightly rocking his arms back and fourth. In his ears there were a pair of headphones plugged into his Ipod Nano. The peaceful melodic sound of Yiruma filled his head and calmed his forever shot nerves. He always wished he could have learned how to play the piano. Instead he expressed himself by fighting back then. No longer... not unless he had to, he had a family now, all of these people were his family.

When the van door opened, he took one of his earphones out and turned his head "Here you go Charlie, Daddys back home again!" The baby made groggy babbling sounds as he changed hands over to Patrick. One of them had turned on the grill at the back. Kai smile "Grills ready, what you got for us today?" He asked getting out of the seat and heading over to the shopping bags to help with the unpacking.

Kai

The baby had fallen asleep in his arms an hour ago. Kai sat in the drivers seat in place of his friend who was doing their shop for the week lightly rocking his arms back and fourth. In his ears there were a pair of headphones plugged into his Ipod Nano. The peaceful melodic sound of Yiruma filled his head and calmed his forever shot nerves. He always wished he could have learned how to play the piano. Instead he expressed himself by fighting back then. No longer... not unless he had to, he had a family now, all of these people were his family.

When the van door opened, he took one of his earphones out and turned his head "Here you go Charlie, Daddys back home again!" The baby made groggy babbling sounds as he changed hands over to Patrick. One of them had turned on the grill at the back. Kai smile "Grills ready, what you got for us today?" He asked getting out of the seat and heading over to the shopping bags to help with the unpacking.

Patrick
Ever since Kai joined, Patrick has always loved another pair of helping hands. With Charlie still in his left arm, he made sure to look down at him as the groggy babbling sounds continued. They came to a soft stop, his little fingers spreading out, but it looked like Charlie didn't know what to do with them until they found daddy's shirt. Patrick snorted softly as he watched him cling to his shirt, giving it a little pull. But it bothered him none. He swayed his hips side to side, watching Kai get to work on the grocery bags. His eyes found Kai's and he smiled gratefully. He was glad he had someone in his van to help out. It meant a lot to him. The fact that he had so many people no to help out with Charlie made everything easier for him. The most he could do in return is at least grill dinner right? And give them a roof over their heads.

As he watched Kai, he cleared his throat and spoke in soft tones. Charlie was still giving signs of sleep. It was impressive with a baby. "I was thinking half and half with burgers and hotdogs this time. That way the guys and girls have their own choices. Good to know nobody here is allergic to cheese. Hopefully." He laughed softly, walking over to the back of the trunk and quietly (To the best of his abilities) opened the trunk cover. With only one hand, he tried searching for all of their plates and materials. He whispered over to Kai, "Hey how was uh....how was work by the way. I can't remember if you work today or not."

Kai Packed all the non perishables into the boxes that currently served as their pantry and began putting all the cold stuff in their esky. When he opened it it seemed a little bit slushy. Would be alright for the night but if they wanted to keep their meat from from leaking they should get some more ice soon. Kai decided he'd go get some tomorrow morning. "Burgers and hotdogs seem great to me... if the jerks ever get back home that is" Kai said with a chuckle, finishing up with the grocery's and moving to help out Patrick with the cutlery. Patrick's tone lowered as he asked him about work, probably because the baby was falling asleep again "Ah.... work." Kai shrugged "Some new guy turned up today, biggest asshole ever. He kept knocking over the boxes I was stacking, yet for some reason the boss never seemed to catch him in the act." Kai rolled his eyes "I think the boys have picked up on how much we need this job... they're getting cocky."

Kai shook the frown off his face "Hey... It's not all bad, I got the secretary intern's number!" He chuckled to himself reveling a scrunched up bit of paper with a phone number on it "Too bad I can't afford phone credit ya know" He shrugged "I couldn't quite bite my pride enough to tell her that..." He said with an exaggerated sigh

Kai Packed all the non perishables into the boxes that currently served as their pantry and began putting all the cold stuff in their esky. When he opened it it seemed a little bit slushy. Would be alright for the night but if they wanted to keep their meat from from leaking they should get some more ice soon. Kai decided he'd go get some tomorrow morning. "Burgers and hotdogs seem great to me... if the jerks ever get back home that is" Kai said with a chuckle, finishing up with the grocery's and moving to help out Patrick with the cutlery. Patrick's tone lowered as he asked him about work, probably because the baby was falling asleep again "Ah.... work." Kai shrugged "Some new guy turned up today, biggest asshole ever. He kept knocking over the boxes I was stacking, yet for some reason the boss never seemed to catch him in the act." Kai rolled his eyes "I think the boys have picked up on how much we need this job... they're getting cocky."

Kai shook the frown off his face "Hey... It's not all bad, I got the secretary intern's number!" He chuckled to himself reveling a scrunched up bit of paper with a phone number on it "Too bad I can't afford phone credit ya know" He shrugged "I couldn't quite bite my pride enough to tell her that..." He said with an exaggerated sigh

Patrick
As Patrick listened, he did what he could with one hand. He was starting to get use to it but it would be nice to have a baby wrap thing so he could use both arms. And just carry Charlie around. Oh. Maybe next paycheck. But then again, when Kai started complaining about the phone credit, he frowned. Maybe he should do something for them? He knows it could be hard without their cell phones. He wondered if the ones who have phones even still have a paid plan or if they have a job for that, or if it's already paid? He shook his head, that was their problem to worry about. But he didn't have it in him to ignore it. He glanced up at Kai with a proud smirk as he started gathering the meats and buns. He was having a little difficulty untying the bag of buns with one hand and he squinted his eyes at it as if that would help.

He looked up at Kai ever so often with a chuckle. "Maybe after we get an apartment you can get on a phone plan." He said, still having a soft voice. Not as much as a whisper, but he wanted to make sure his baby caught up on sleep in case Charlie didn't have any. He started moving the bags around, and grunted, "Here, can you open the bags for me? Kinda hard with one hand." He chuckled. He needed the bag of buns, and meat burgers.

Last edited:
Tessa
Tessa has curled up in the back seat, still nursing her bruised and battered body when Patrick came back. She still didn't really trust this little group, except for the baby cause all the baby has done yet is fob her of sleep. Though, she hasn't gotten much sleep since Ryan. It's been what, a week now since she had joined this little band of misfits? She could still feel him hitting her, then the sudden pain of her hitting the asphalt as she hit the parking lot. If not for Patrick, there could have been a much darker outcome to they fight.

Sitting up, wincing a bit at the light, she turned so that her back would pop, before she smiled softly the the boys. Her head still hurt, and she was sore. Sleeping in the back seat of a van was not exactly fun, but it was better than a bed with someone who wanted to kill you. And who had tried multiple times, but she kept calling back to him. "I still have service," Tessa murmered, Ryan hadn't kicked her off his plan yet. To be honset, she wasn't sure if he knew how, she was the one who handled that stuff. InkyWolf InkyWolf Ell Ell

Kliff

Kliff sighed in relief as he swiped his ID, signing out of work. If it wasn't for his optimist attitude, Kliff would definitely have been frowning. It was already bad enough when Kai was there, but after he signed out, the others guys started messing with Kliff even more. As he walked to the lockers to grab his stuff, he passed by the breakroom, which reminded of an earlier event. One of the guys had taken his lunch, and unfortunately, Kliff couldn't do anything about it because he didn't know who it was.

Arriving at the lockers, Kliff picked up his journal, put his blue hoodie back on, placed his cap on his head, and headed towards the exit. As he left the building, he looked back to stare at it.

Someday, Kliff thought to himself, as he watched the many trucks enter and leave the factory. If he was being honest, Kliff didn't really like this job. However, he not only needed to but wanted to be able to help support the people he's grown close to, especially Charlie.

Just thinking about the 3-month-old made Kliff smile, and began to walk away from the factory. Someday he'd find a new job and be able to leave the factory. It'd have to be a place that not only paid more but was looking for multiple people because Kliff definitely wasn't going to get a new job and leave Kai at the factory. That was the same thing as a betrayal in his eyes, something his stepmother would do.

Walking for a few minutes, Kliff began to sing a song he heard playing on the radio one day, while he wasn't working.

"When tomorrow comes
I'll be on my own
Feeling frightened of
The things that I don't know
When tomorrow comes
Tomorrow comes
Tomorrow comes
And though the road is long
I look up to the sky
And in the dark I found, lost hope that I won't fly
And I sing along, I sing along, and I sing along"

Kliff didn't know who made the song, but he did know that it spoke to him on an emotional level. It gave Kliff another reason to be so optimistic, as it basically summarized how he felt about the people he's grown to care about over the few months he's known many of them.

"I got all I need when I got you and I
I look around me, and see a sweet life
I'm stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
You're getting me, getting me, through the night
Kick start my heart when you shine it in my eyes
Can't lie, it's a sweet life
Stuck in the dark but you're my flashlight
You're getting me, getting me, through the night
'Cause you're my flashlight (flashlight)
You're my flashlight (flashlight), you're my flashlight"

As he finished the chorus, Kliff realized that he arrived at his destination. Fortunately it looked like they were about to start cooking, "Hey everyone! Do you need me to help with anyth-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Kliff let out a big yawn. He had only gotten a total of 3 hours of sleep that morning, yet still decided to not only work but do a few hours of overtime as well, "Oops! Sorry about that, but anyway, do you guys need any help cooking?"

As he talked, he placed his journal inside of the van where he sat, right next to his violin.

Ell Ell InkyWolf InkyWolf FireMaiden FireMaiden

Patrick

As he waited for Kai's reaction, he made sure to place the bag of buns for the male to open for him in a spot where it wouldn't fall. In the course of the past 3 months, Patrick had to learn to do things with one hand. He had a whole new respect for mothers raising infants. But there was a difference with mothers raising infants and mothers raising their teenagers. Deep down, he was always worried about being a good father to Charlie and hoping that they'd eventually get into an apartment. He knew he wasn't the only one thinking of getting out of their situation, it was only in due time that would tell if they're successful. As he waited for Kai to open the buns, Charlie made gurgling baby sounds that made him glance down habitually, concern written in his face as his eyebrows knitted together. Carrying him in one arm over his left hip, hand on the back of Charlie's head, Patrick watched Tessa in the corner of his eyes. It was a good thing they were speaking in soft voices for not only Charlie but apparently Tessa as well. He didn't even see her! He adjusted his beanie hat over his hair, making it comfortable as he looked over at Tessa. Even with the time she had after joining their little crew, it was nice to see her warming up to them.

In fact, he was pretty sure this might be the first time Tessa even said something to Kai specifically. Mentally squinting, he noticed something about Tessa that secretly worried him. Was she okay? He knew the seats probably weren't comfy although they had fuzzy coverings. At least the seats aren't leather. "Morning sunshine." Patrick smiled at Tessa, a hint of teasing in his voice because it was clearly not morning at all. But he didn't blame her, and he hoped it didn't hurt her feelings. He often spoke before thinking, bad habit, but so far this little crew of his started to understand his humor...hopefully. His voice was soft enough for Tessa and Kai to hear. But that didn't seem to do anything as Charlie twitched in his arm.

Once again, Patrick glanced down at his kid as Charlie squirmed, blue eyes now wide open, though it took some effort for him. Ugh. Great. Time for feeding. There was no way in hell he was asking one of the girls to breastfeed, that is way too embarrassing. According to his research formula is....okay to use for infants. Though a lot of risks are attached to it. To his relief, single dads have raised their own kids successfully, or at least that's what he asked around online and that seemed to help him. Another thing that helped him is the cheerfulness that came from Kliff miles away. His singing was heard before the young man approached. He craned his head over his shoulder to glance over at Kliff.

Kliff.

Kliff was a different story. Almost every time he looked at him, not that he was checking him out or anything, Patrick noticed he'd either be smiling, singing, or have a focus face as if Kliff was having a world-debate in his head. Not only that? But he was always helpful. Just as helpful as Kai - it's no wonder they both work in the same place together. It was always nice to have this much help. And honestly? Even if Tessa was still warming up to them, he'd call them good friends. Friendship is always a little wonky at first, hopefully things will get better with the more time they spend. "Heyyy," he said, no need for a soft voice, though it was still calm so it wouldn't startle his little Charlie as the baby nestled at the crook of his neck. "There's my charm." Even though it wasn't romantic in any way, Patrick used that nickname since Kliff was the first male other than himself to calm down Charlie in public. "You talkin about our dinner, or Charlie's?" He snickered, pointing to Charlie with his other hand, tongs in his fingers for the grill. "Actually," He pointed the tongs at Kliff next, "You mind getting his baby-bag?" The necessities in the plastic-friendly bag by the passenger seat on the floor of the van. "And get his milk bottle and fill it up? If you don't know how I can, I just need the bag. Unless you wanna flip burgers instead." That might be easier. But it was up to Kliff as he looked at him with perked eyebrows.

Time | Weather | Order
Date: November 22nd 2017 | Time: 3:45pm
Weather: Brightly sunny day with cumulus clouds | Chilly breeze | 65*
Order: Ell Ell | InkyWolf InkyWolf | FireMaiden FireMaiden | Webs Elk Webs Elk
"If you can reply to someone without ruining the order, go ahead, just tag the next person" ~Inky

Last edited:
Kai smiled and nodded, opening up the bags and buttering up the bread "Hey man I got this if you just wanna mind the little one?" He offered "I'm not too bad at cooking" He chuckled. Suddenly Tessa woke up from her place in the back seat of the car and spoke u. She must have heard him talking because she told him her phone was still on a plan. Kai grinned at her "You're the best!" He told her, making a mental note to ask if he could borrow it on his next day off. Then again would it really matter? She'd dump him as soon as she found out he was homeless and struggling.

"Go feed the kid man, I'll feed everyone else" She said patting the young fathers shoulder and moving to prepare the meat. He looked up when Kliff came home singing along and waved "Hey man! welcome home!" He said as he approached

Patrick
Feeling Kai's pat on his shoulder made his eyes widen at him. "Really?" He chuckled, laughing a little at Kai's self-humor. He didn't mean to sound like he laughed directly at him. After all, Kai's the one who made the joke to himself. Not everyone was an amazing cook, "I mean the grill is pretty easy if you ask me." He shrugged and adjusted Charlie on his hip more." Sauntering towards the side door of the van, he approached Kliff's seat. He climbed in, ducking a little as he reached over the front seat. On the floor next to the passenger seat, he grabbed Charlie's blanket. It was as big as himself, which was perfect for Charlie - he'd rather have a bigger blanket than too small. He displayed it on Kliff's seat and glanced up at Kliff, "Sorry dude. Just for now." He said, hoping Kliff didn't mind he chose his spot. With Charlie still in one arm, he made sure the whole time he wouldn't drop him and put him on the blanket carefully. "Theeere we gooo." Patrick cooed to his son who wiggled on his back. Charlie kicked his stubby little legs, hands tucked at his chest. Now with his hands free, he stretched his arms a bit. "Man you're getting heavy arent cha." He teased his kid who probably couldn't even understand him. At least it wasn't too cold for Charlie, he wore baby shorts and a plain blue teeshirt with a bear in the middle.
Reaching out for the front seat again, he grabbed the baby-bag and dragged it on the seat and grabbed the bottle. After making the formula he sat next to Charlie's head and let him take the bottle's tip in his gums. He held it for Charlie, since he still didn't know how to use his hands at this age. He hovered over his son, watching everyone else in the corner of his eyes.

Time | Weather | Order
"If you can reply to someone without ruining the order, go ahead, just tag the next person" ~Inky

Last edited:
Tessa
She gave Patrick and awkward kinda nod as he addressed her. Sunshine was not how she would describe herself after first just waking up, but of course she knew it was just a joke. A wave of nausea washed over her, something that happened almost every time she woke up, but it passed sitting a few seconds, her attention turning to Kai. "You can use it whenever, just be careful. I can't charge it every night," She said quietly, looking to Kiff, "How was work?" She asked. Tessa hadn't gotten much sleep last night either, so she knew he didnt it. She thought it was kinda a stupid move, but next time she could get to a dollar store, she was gonna get some melatonin, a natural sleep aid. She's be more than happy to share with him. Ell Ell InkyWolf InkyWolf Webs Elk Webs Elk

Kliff
Kliff was about to reply, when Kai offered to run the grill for Patrick as he took care of Charlie. Watching as Patrick moved to the side of the van to grab what he needed for Charlie, Kliff couldn't help but think about his own family. Kliff felt a pang in his chest as he remembered watching a video of his mother's singing at her wedding with his father. Kliff never told anyone, but the video of her was the main reason he decided to continue with music, even into adulthood.

"How was work?"

Kliff was brought back into reality, by Tessa. Kliff smiled as he answered, although he was blushing just a small bit as he answered, "To put it nicely, it was interesting, I guess. I've been placed in a very awkward position that I can't really do anything about without losing my job. To start from the beginning, the old supervisor has retired, so today the company brought in a new one. The problem is that he's been trying to make passes at me all day. Apparently, he's heard about me 'through the grapevine', whatever that means, because he's completely hooked or something! In the beginning, it was just casual flirting, and I didn't really pay it any attention. However, once Kai left, he became bolder and began making more blunt declarations, including asking me out in front of everyone during my break."

Kliff began blushing even more as he continued, "To be honest, I was super embarrassed. I mean, a person I didn't even know had just asked me out. It didn't help that the other guys I worked with saw me as the problem. So, I also had to spend the day redoing my work over after someone would mess it up."

Kliff hesitated a little before continuing, lowering his voice a little, "Since we usually get assigned to different parts of the factory, I wasn't able to confirm it or not, but I heard that they were also messing up Kai. I hope not though, I'd never be able to forgive myself if it turned out that I indirectly messed up Kai's work. To be honest, I think many of our coworkers think we're dating..."

Shaking his head, Kliff began smiling again, "Anyway, I'm happy I have tomorrow off, but I'm definitely not looking forward to going back to work, Friday. I'll have to face an admirer that won't give up, a horde of jealous coworkers, and most likely go without eating lunch again, since someone also stole my lunch today, like they've been doing for the past week. However, ..."

"I don't mind putting up with it all if it means, I can get a paycheck every two weeks for us all."

Kliff smiled as he looked back up at Tessa, "How about you? Anything interesting happen in your day?"

Ell Ell Cosmos Cosmos InkyWolf InkyWolf FireMaiden FireMaiden

Tessa
Tessa frowned at his response. "You can't be serious." So, she may not really like these people yet, or rather, trust them, but that didn't mean she didn't care already. Someone saves you from a life like her's and you were greatful. "He shouldn't be doing that, it's horrible." She crossed her arms, but didnt back away from the conversation, "Why don't you report him or at least tell him your seeing someone. Hell, I'll pose as your girlfriend if you want me to," She said, "Anything to get him back off of you." Finally, she sighed, before giving him a soft smile. "And, to answer your question, it's been fine. I've been napping for almost of it," She said, before looking to Patrick, "Next time we go shopping, if we have the extra cash, can we look for some cheap prenatal vitamins?" Ell Ell InkyWolf InkyWolf Webs Elk Webs Elk (Sorry Inky, it's ruining the order, but I like this rp. I don't want it to die.)

Patrick
Listening to the story from Kliff, his eyes narrowed carefully dark at him. As Kai grilled and as he fed Charlie, he turned to face him, his hand carefully holding the bottle for Charlie without dropping it. "What?" He let out a huff, eyes still targetting Kliff. "Seriously?" He pointed at Tessa. "Yeah! I agree. You should report it." The fact that the manager even asked Kliff out in front of everyone was probably embarressing enough. Patrick even blinked at Tessa for even offering to be Kliff's girlfriend. Woah. That was a big step of trust let alone a bigger start of friendship. A warm smile spread across his face, noticing Tessa's progress. He knew she was a little touchy with some subjects, or at least he assumes. The fact that she's even warming up to the crew meant a lot to him. It made things easier that way. He'd say he's proud of her, but probably not in front of everyone. Maybe tonight if they're the only ones awake or when they're alone later. He made a mental not of that for that to happen, and glanced over at Charlie. He was still drinking from the milk bottle so that was good. He went back to Kliff, wondering what he'd say on their opinions, only to give Tessa his attention as she offered a suggestion. He perked his eyebrows, shifting in the seat a little awkwardly to get comfortable. "Oh. Right. Yeah we can do that." He looked at Kliff and Kai, wondering if they were sleeping okay, "You guys getting any good sleep? Or should we get something for you guys too." He said, unaware that Tessa was actually willing to share what they'd buy even if she suggested it. But Patrick was thinking she was requesting to shop for herself.

(It's okay, Fire! It says on my banner at the bottom if anyone can post that's okay, just tag everyone in the rp!)

Time | Weather | Order

Users who are viewing this thread

Back