[5e] The Mirror Trick[Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAmPailk

Title: The Mirror Trick
Players: 4-5, depending on interest.
System: DND 5e (on Discord)
Premise: The Anlio Collective has been at the forefront of rapidly developing technological developments in Cyraen after a terrible war called the Devastation. Comprised out of several merchant houses, nations and councils, the Collective has the motto A Better Future. They took up a somewhat pacifist position in a world that was still rife with tensions between nations, humans and non-humans.

So it was surprising when they sent out a call for adventurers. They were sparse with the details, but rumors were plentiful— it was a trial division, a peacekeeping force of sorts. You signed up, for whatever reason; be it the money, the glory or simply the adrenaline. Today is your first mission— what will you do?

Character creation
We start at level three with milestone leveling. You’re allowed to roll for stats twice, and if you still feel aren’t satisfied with your stats you can take the heroic array.

You’re allowed to use anything published by WoTC (including the Wayfarer’s Guide to Eberron). If you want anything from UA or Homebrew, I’m definitely willing to talk about it!

Notes
  • This homebrew world is a combination of typical high fantasy settings and Eberron in a way. It will be heavy on social interaction and exploration with the occasional combat. There’ll be mysteries and political intrigue and a plot twist to start off with!
  • My time zone is GMT+1, and I’m sadly too old and creaky to stay up past 10/11PM at this point, but I’ll try to answer as promptly as I can!
  • We will start in media res. I have a setting guide ready for once we start, but players are highly encouraged to come up with places, people and organizations for their backstory if they wish! I want to create a great narrative where the characters’ are tied to the world and have stakes there.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up on Discord!

Just because I don't have enough to do already... I'm on est, so let me know if that's a problem, I get up early ask Rob.

Hoping to learn a bit more about the world and do some solid exploring. How influenced is it by eberron?

It’s not so much an issue for me— it’s just that I won’t be able to respond for what is the middle of the day for others, in case that is a problem for anyone!

It’s inspired by Eberron in the way that I make use of some of the magic items and the worldbuilding (excluding Dragonmarks I’m afraid) and definitely the aesthetic of the place, i.e. magical science and technology.

I've kinda been dying to try my hand at a warforged and the setting seems cool! So if ya will have me I'll toss my hat in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back