[5e] The bad guys [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Synopsis:
Waterdeep, Neverwinter and Baldur's Gate have fallen. The Lich lord Dakir Zhibraiz reins supreme over the sword coast. The forces of good and righteousness have been laid low by his armies. This is the end of the world as it has been known. However there is opportunity for those not swayed by traditional morals, those willing to take what they want by any means necessary. So the question remains... What do you want?

The game is going to be largely moved along by your individual motivations, so expect to be the driving force of the campaign.

Player count: 4-5
Starting level: 5
If it's official it's allowed
Stat gen: rolled

Please include backstory / character ideas and what you are looking for in a game. Preference is going to players with less games going on.

Cheers folks pm me if you want to know more or to keep motivations a secret.

All this discussion if bad characters with good intentions gave me an idea. They won't play their motivations close to their chest so I'll just put it here.

I'm leaning towards either a college of valor bard or some sort of paladin.

Basiclaly it's an Aasimar noble or folk hero, who's celestial heritage meant they were considered more an asset against evil than an actual person, and eventually grew to resent authority of any sort. Their main goal is to free the oppressed masses by any means necessary. Basically a dark chaotic neutral that hasn't quite reached full evil yet, but has the potential to.

I'm counting six people interested already, but the title says it's still open and I still want to try my luck anyways. Plus I'm in literally no other games right now so I think my chances are good.

The human eldritch knight Tanya Schwartz, daughter of Count Farrell Keaton Schwartz, was once an honorable and well loved champion of her people. Dissatisfied with her father's lack of action in the war against the Lich Dakir Zhibraiz, Tanya gathered a large number of men, against her father's orders, and left to defend their borders, only to be meet with a crushing defeat. Stripped of her title and exiled from the county for her disobedience and failure Tanya began to wander around as a sell-sword, offering her services to anyone in need. She tried to make it her policy to only take honorable jobs, but the years of being taken advantage of and having her goodwill trampled all over began to have its toll. leaving her bitter and disillusioned with the hero's path. No longer the honorable champion she once was, Tanya now stalks the Sword Coast seeking vengeance against everyone that has wronged her, and the chaos that the Lich Lord has left in his wake seem the perfect opportunity to strike.

I'm thinking Goblin or Kenku, or one of the other Monsterous Races, Probably a rogue but Open to changing that. They started out stealing to survive, but when the Lich showed up and then that sort of evolved into them working to infiltrate the eviler sections of town and work as a low-level assassin so that they could try and get people out of the danger zone and to safer places.

Ya'know what, gonna roll the dice. Obviously no pressure Wook. Drow Druid who is very, very open about worshipping Lolth - thing being that chaos on the surface fucks up the nice little thing Lolth has going on in Menzoberranzan and she can't subjugate the surface elves and flip Corellon the bird if everyone is dead.

Hell why not. I'll throw my name in.
Been looking at this since it first came into the ad but ignored it since I have no knowledge over sword coast or any lore regarding any published material, nor have I played any evil or questionable moral characters.. Lack of experience has me scared, but I need to actually experience things to have experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back