Game: 5E Discord
Player Count: 4-6 Depending on interest

Premise:
Lost in the grime and the murk
Left for dead, blind and broken
Elysium's claimed another soul
For speaking the Rule Unspoken

38c863a907bba5b3c317e6cc10edfe28.jpg

Elysium is not a pleasant place to be, the shifting streets of the City of Eyes are forever shrouded in an oppressive rain that makes it difficult to see. Inquisitive minds are shunned and questions are the worst of social faux pas. Aberrations, with amphibian eyes and slick skin, mingle with vermin in the gutters and everywhere you look people are disappearing. Not that anyone speaks about that and there are far bigger problems than just the bones in the alleyways. There is an ancient evil at the heart of the city, trapped by the gods for centuries, but the clock is ticking and the chiming of the bells draws near. Can you manage to survive long enough in the darkness to defeat this evil? Can you find your way out of the City of Eyes?

House Rules/Game Style: [WARNING] This game is a Ravenloft game, it will feature frequent horror elements and is a lot darker than the majority of D&D games. City of Eyes is a game based heavily around madness and the effects of it. Do not expect a happy frolic or light-hearted comedy. That being said I like to think I'm a relaxed DM, mechanics wise. All published material from WotC is acceptable. I will be using the Bonus Action to take potions rule and I am happy to include homebrew material, I have a trove of homebrew stuff that I am happy to share with people during character creation as well.

Character Creation: Okay, here's the big thing. This is a high level game and characters will be starting out at level 15. I am willing to discuss characters having magic items already. All ASIs or feat choices can be taken into account after stats have been rolled. I'd really like people to have an idea of how your characters got to that level, some interesting backstory is a plus even if it doesn't get used with this likely being a relocation based starting point.

For stats you can roll twice and keep whichever set you want. If you would prefer you can take the Blades heroic array.

Other Stuff: Whilst I seem to be always on the server at whatever hour, I am actually GMT and sometimes my posting can reflect that. I also work split weekly shifts (one week 4.30 pm finish, one week 9pm finish) so stuff might change a bit week on week. My posting speed as a DM varies but you can expect a fairly relaxed game with occasional bursts of energy.
I'd love to see any character ideas you might have on here.
Feel free to hit me up on Discord if you have any questions, I'm usually around.

Okay a lot of responses already but I don't pick first come first serve so don't be put off if you want to apply.

Last edited:
All the applications! Ditto on Locke. I am pretty flexible on character ideas and I am ok with filling any missing roles.

Kinda echoing Locke. This looks interesting and I've a Tiefling Warlock I'd like to break out for this one, but if you wish to favour people with fewer games I'd completely understand.

This sounds super cool, if there's room I'd love to play!
I'm not sure about character ideas just yet, it kinda depends on the group in question c:

Last edited:
Just gonna add to the avalanche. ^^ I'd love to bring back my Cavalier fighter from my dead CoS game (the one in my profile picture), though like Ash I totally understand if you'd rather take players with fewer games.

I'm probably late for the party too but I'll write anyway. I'd really like to see how powerful can high-level characters get, I've yet to play one against suitable opponents. I haven't got any fixed character yet but I'd like to try out a caster, 8th level spells sound fun. Most likely either a bard or a wizard, or perhaps a druid.

I'm super interested, I've never really played high level anything in any ttrpg so it sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Don't really have a solid character idea at the moment but I'm looking forward to possibly working with you on something fun.

Aw rob I’d love you be in a game of yours dude! I’ve not played high level before and I’m getting to this a bit late but in the chance you do pick me up, I’d love to be some type of caster, perhaps a warlock or wizard

I'll throw my hat in on being interested. Just adding a disclaimer about my own wonky schedule and work demands. Like the idea of horror though. Whether I'm accepted or not I wish you and your team the best!! <3

Yeah... I'm not going to get a spot am I...? To be honest, I don't really want to play, but I'd love to spectate if that's an option.

Guys -- Rob has made a point of mentioning he's not going to rely on post order -- so don't be afraid to leave a mark.

Okay so I'm going to close this down and ask someone to set up the channels for me. Thank you so much to everyone who put their name down, it means a huge amount that so many did. I've decided to go with vampyremoji, notharuka, abrahms, jonathan smock, runerw and dodgeit. To everyone else I'm sure I will have plenty more chances to DM you (or I already do).

Thanks again <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread