[5e] A Quieter Time: Not Your Average D&D Game [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

roSpEnTo

Title: A Quieter Time: D&D Slice Of Life
Game: 5E Discord
Player Count: 4-6 Depending on interest
Important Note: I don't pick on a first come first serve basis, so don't worry if you reply 3 minutes before the end of the ad.

Premise:

The songbirds sing to bring the morning
After another peaceful night.
The sound of the farmer's early callings
Ring out in the pale dawn light.

The smell of fresh baked bread in the air.
The sound of laughter crystal clear,
Spreads of meats and pies to share
The time of the Festival is here.

1581101028231.png
Esyaris is a quiet village located in a sleepy corner of the Kingdom of Hallin, one of the most prosperous kingdoms on the continent. Rumours travel the trade caravans of wars off to the east but that is well past the borders and nothing more than gossip over ale in the afternoon. Esyaris and the villages nearby have been safe havens for as long as anyone can remember, never experiencing any real trouble or strife. Sometimes someone might get a little light fingered or a dispute might spill out onto the streets after a few ales but nothing like the strife and turmoil that the caravans bring news of. It is an exciting time of year for people in Esyaris and the surrounding hills because it is approaching the summer Festival. Celebrations are being discussed, stalls prepared and recipes kept secret, and this is where you can be found. Maybe you are a long term resident of the village, just looking to run your stall or tend to your farm, or maybe you are a traveler that is new to the place and looking to settle down in the idyllic location, maybe you are an adventurer tired of battle out to the East. Wherever you come from and whatever your business in Esyaris, welcome to a quieter time.

House Rules/Game Style: This is a slice of life game. The focus of this game will be individual to your characters but it will be based on those little things that sometimes we wish we could have more of, bartering with shopkeepers, creating a piece of art or something to sell and generally have a more relaxed time. So as I always say for my games I like to think I'm a relaxed DM, mechanics wise. This game will be almost entirely storytelling, with the only combat coming if you decide to explore the local area and run into something a little wild. All published material from WotC is acceptable. I will be using the Bonus Action to take potions rule and the Minor Skills rules as well. I am happy to include homebrew material if it is cleared with me first and if you have a particular character idea in mind I'm willing to work with you to make it happen.

Character Creation: We will be starting at level 4 and my usual character creation stuff here will apply. Leveling up will be done on a milestone basis. For stats you can roll twice and keep whichever set you want. If you are not happy after rolling you can take the Blades heroic array.

Other Stuff: Whilst I seem to be always on the server at whatever hour, I am actually GMT and sometimes my posting can reflect that. I also work split weekly shifts (one week 4.30 pm finish, one week 9pm finish) so stuff might change a bit week on week. My posting speed as a DM varies and you can expect this to be a very relaxed game, less regular than my other campaign. I am also still recovering from a bout of ill health and sometime I can get a little quiet from that, just as a head's up.

Hi - I’m very interested in this and would love to play. Sounds like just what I’m looking for :)

Jonathan has stated his want to join this game but isn't able to post on RPN at the moment, so this is the marker for him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back