[5E] A Grim Return: Adventures In The Great Dale [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

roSpEnTo

Title: A Grim Return: Adventures In The Great Dale
Game: 5E Discord
Player Count: 4-6 Depending on interest
Important Note: I don't pick on a first come first serve basis, so don't worry if you reply 3 minutes before the end of the ad.
Other Important Note: Because of the quiet times on the server I will likely be leaving the ad up for longer than normal.

Premise:

'A cold sun rises on a frost-bitten morning,
Shining light over twig, bark and leaf.
The winter fades as the spring comes calling,
And all things grow as the land starts to breath.

A cold sun rises on a frost-bitten morning,
Giving hope to stream, brook and burn.
The winter fades as the spring comes calling,
A winter past without blight's return.'

Traditional Dale folk song

c2b4e7b3960483da19ec94bf99033619.jpg

The far north-east of Faerun has never been the most hospitable place and in the Great Dale, carved out by the Great Glacier hundreds of years ago, only the hardiest of people can thrive. Harsh winters and difficult toil mark this land with a single road that splits the two great forests of Dunwood and the Forest of Lethyr. Over its history the Great Dale has been plagued by demon worshippers, blightlords and incursions from other lands, however it is a free land and with the port city of Uthmere thriving once again, there are more people paying attention to this forgotten corner of the world. A council of druids sits as caretaker over most of the Dale from the Forest of Lethyr, seeking to keep the land safe from the calling of demons and the laughter of the fey. So pack your sword and your torch to help drive back the darkness and survive in a land of frost, thorns and dark whispers in the night.

House Rules/Game Style: So as I always say for my games I like to think I'm a relaxed DM, mechanics wise. I like to focus more on storytelling than combat but I'm sure both will be present here. All published material from WotC is acceptable. I will be using the Bonus Action to take potions rule and the Minor Skills rules as well. I am happy to include homebrew material. There are some region specific homebrew subclasses and a region specific homebrew race that I can share, but if you have a particular character idea in mind I'm willing to work with you to make it happen.

Character Creation: We will be starting at level 3 and my usual character creation stuff here will apply. Leveling up will be done on a milestone basis. For stats you can roll twice and keep whichever set you want. If you are not happy after rolling you can take the Blades heroic array.

Other Stuff: Whilst I seem to be always on the server at whatever hour, I am actually GMT and sometimes my posting can reflect that. I also work split weekly shifts (one week 4.30 pm finish, one week 9pm finish) so stuff might change a bit week on week. My posting speed as a DM varies but you can expect a fairly relaxed game with occasional bursts of energy. I am also still recovering from a bout of ill health and so my posting might not be as regular as usual for the first little bit, just as a head's up.

I'd love to see any character ideas you might have on here.

Feel free to hit me up on Discord if you have any questions, I'm usually around.

Frost, thorns and dark whispers in the night? I'm up for it if you have the space for me. Thinking fighter, as it's one of the last classes I haven't played with yet, and maybe samurai for the subclass. Still curious to 'shop' around as it were though.

Last edited:
Very keen on this! Would love a look at the region specific subclasses and races before fleshing out a character if there's a spot :D

I’ve been looking forward to seeing this. :D Absolutely up for it if there’s space for me. Having given the sourcebook a read, I’ve got a couple of mostly-fleshed-out ideas for a character, and am very excited to see what direction this campaign takes.

I’d like to play. I have no character ideas at the present though it doesn’t usually take me long to come up with one. I’d like to see the homebrew stuff for sure.

I'm always interested in your stuff, and I enjoyed the little City of Eyes managed. Hard to have any ideas on characters since I usually try to fill a spot in the party, but I'd also be interested in any of the homebrew stuff you've got on offer. I have heard tales of the Hoard >.>

I would love to play if you’d have me Rob, not quite sure what I would want to play but I do love the far north of Faerun, especially its lore.

I'd love to play in this too Rob, but with the usual proviso of if you need me to step aside for someone with less games I'd understand.

I'd love to play, if you'd have me, the setting sounds very interesting. I have bunch of characters I'd love to try out, but I'd have to see what the party needs first. I'd gladly step aside for those with less games, like Ash said.

I would be super interested. I've got an interesting oathbreaker paladin idea I've been dying to play, though I also had a great idea for a changeling monk that I'd love to try.

Throwing my name in the ring as well, been slow myself recently but hoping to pick back up as the holidays pass. Had a fun idea for a snow leopard shifter that I might be interested in rehashing for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread