• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ⇁☾ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀꜱꜱᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴄᴀʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ☉↼

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Owl Knight

Don't let it ruffle your feathers, my liege.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
⇁☾ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴄʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ☉↼

⇁ STARRING ↼

Owl Knight Owl Knight as Barnaby Collins
@spacepanda as Feather "Birdie" Kiều
devindevout devindevout as Pryah
BuggaBoo BuggaBoo as "Corki" - Corinna-Kiana Chanter
diogenesUnchained diogenesUnchained as Cade Acklin

DCqrmeM.jpg
⇁☾ Barnaby Collins ☉↼
Barnaby rose shakily, adjusting his tortoiseshell spectacles and brushing dust and shards of glass from his jacket. All around him, a handful of the other passengers were also attempting to find their footing. Several others lay very still where they had fallen after the train's last lurching crash. Barnaby was breathing heavily, his heart racing and his hands shaking uncontrollably as he took a few hesitant steps towards the window. A bright light, crisp as morning sunlight but strangely blue in hue, streamed through the shattered windows. After the dark of the subway tunnel, the strength of the light was overpowering and Barnaby had to squint to focus his vision as he approached the window.

"My God..." he breathed.

However it had come to be here, the train car had come to rest in what appeared to be an open meadow. The meadow stretched out for what looked like a mile or more away from the car over rolling hills until it terminated at a dense line of forest . Beyond the forest, towering mountains rose, like fingers reaching up into the pale blue sky. Everything was rich and verdant green. The grass was lush and seemingly untouched by human hand or foot, waving tall in the balmy breeze that seemed to roll down off of the mountains towards the meadow. It was as if the cold gray city winter had melted away, revealing this stunning summer reality beneath.

All of this would have been enough to take Barnaby's breath away entirely, but when he stared up at the sky, he almost screamed with shock and wonder. The pale blue sky was strewn with great rolling clouds of gold. It was not a trick of the light or an optical illusion. The clouds were a rich a vibrant shade of gold!

"My God," he repeated, his eyes going wide as a bright blue sun emerged from behind one of the stunning clouds, bathing the meadow in cool light. "It's impossible!"

CADE ACKLIN
The young doctor-to-be began to rise, eyes fixated on the pale blue light outside falling onto the grass, when a sudden pain caught his leg, causing him to fall onto his good knee with a gentle exclamation of surprise. He reached for his cane, unstrapping it from the side of his bag.

"Haven't needed this in a while..." he muttered to himself

Now at mostly full functionality, Cade made his way out, soaking up all the sights with a stupefied look about him. This was very much a normal expression of his, but this time it meant more than an indication that he was lost in thought. For the first time in a very long while, Cade felt almost as if he could not think, but rather simply let his senses soak up everything around him. He took a deep, slow breath, jaw hanging slack as he looked at the vast field of grass ahead of him. There was a crisp smell about the place, a sharp contrast to the muddiness of the city that he was so used to. It was a good thing he enjoyed the outdoors. It woke him up a little bit, which was helpful since he never drank coffee.

Looking up, he saw the bright gold clouds above, looking almost like an eternal evening sky if it weren't for the bright blue ball in the sky. He held a hand up to cover his vision. Despite being blue it was about just as bright, and probably just as prone to causing eye damage. The student looked down hearing another man shouting. He very nearly forgot that he wasn't alone on this car.

"My God, it's impossible!"

Cade walked toward the man, who was around the opposite end of the car than him. He didn't need to look for a second before deducing he was an English teacher, or at the very least an English Major. The tweed jacket, leather satchel bag, and bowtie all screamed academia. Cade raised a hand to declare his presence as he approached. It wasn't usual for him to be so attentive to those around him, but then, it was a very unusual place they were in.

"Hey there! Are you hurt?"

The shouting triggered a nasty cough as the slouching man with the bulging backpack stopped to reach into his pocket for his inhaler, which he found quickly. He inhaled, waiting a few seconds before exhaling, and finished his approach. He looked at the man with the glasses, now addressing him finally within a few feet.

"That crash was pretty rough," he coughed out "You have any clue where we are?"

Cade looked around at the alien landscape surrounding him.

"Probly not..."

He stared off into space for a moment before returning his attention to the shocked man in front of him.

"Oh yeah, I was asking if you were hurt...
are you?"

Last edited:

"Corki" - The Skater/Surfer Chick
Location - In a meadow just outside Subway Car 3. Someplace, Not Earth.

In Subway Car 3...

Her hands shook so hard she could barely pull the single white stick out from the box. But as soon as she managed to pull one out, her nerves began to steel. And once it was pressed to her lips, dark lashed lids fluttered close over dark, shiny eyes. The girl took a deep breath through her nose and exhale without shivering so badly.

Clink. Scrape. Whoosh.

The familiar sounds of her Zippo igniting. The one with the weird circle cut out in the perforated housing of the wick. The one with flaming skull engraved on the side away from her palm. Some lettering was engraved on the other side however any staring at the girl lighting her cigarette in the ruins of Subway car 3 could not read it right now.

Corki took a huge drag from the cigarette, the sound of the smouldering paper and tabacco seemed to be the loudest thing in here; there was not even the hum of the fluorescents above. No, this thing was dead in more ways than one. Yeah, there was a bit more noise and sounds of a pair of men talking somewhere outside in the blue lit fields, but that did not concern her right now. She exhaled a plume of smoke out her mouth and nose, eyes still closed, dark eyebrows knit tight together behind the veil of purple highlighted bangs.

No, what concerned her right now were the people lying face down, and not, strewn all around the subway car. A soft repeating clicking sounded out from the corner of her mouth as she waited for someone, anyone to chastise her for smoking on the subway. But the windows were all shattered open so why would they complain; the smoke would just waft out into the open air? Her lower lip trembled as she let out a shuddering groan.

Or Ughs... hell, how coud they complain if they were all dead...?

Yeah, Corki was a girl cut from a different cloth. She did 30ft vert comps. She even did the 200ft 'Leap of Faith' for a demo when she was only 18. She had surfed 20m waves in shark infested waters. She was hella brave and laughed in the face of danger... but this? All this death and destruction? No. Nope and noway was she trained nor prepped for this.

Wut the actual eff in the face was happening here?! One second she was sitting in the subway car as it rushed through a tunnel, the next she felt like her body was churning like she was in the rinse cycle, the train crashes and now she was sitting here, tucked in a ball, knees pulled up on the seat beside her, overcoat pulled tight around her body. And now... she dared a glance to check she was really, for real here and not dreaming.

Yes, she really was surrounded by a sea of dead bodies...

Her hands shook once more as she took another drag from her cigarette. Despite her best efforts to prevent it, her teeth still chattered as she exhaled a plume of smoke. Her lower lip trembled yet again, eyes scrunched tight; it took all her strength to not cry right now. After a couple of short breaths that nearly broke into sobs, Corki forced herself to take a breath. Again. And again. Okay. Better.

"Sooooo... like... what's your name...?" a small voice at the moment but a voice nonetheless. Okay. Again. But really for real now. For effin' real, "Wut's ya' damned Name...?!"

Dark eyes snapped open, staring out at the front of the subway car but not really seeing it. And so began the chant neath her breath; it was part whisper, part song, part hum, part heavy breathing, and all about invoking of the spirits. The mixed-blooded girl was on 'Magia' time now. 'You only do it if you know your Name. You were never meant to be the best. You were meant to be Legendary. They will know your Name. All of them. So tell me your Damned Name. You only do it if you know your Name...' and on and on, each time a little bit louder, a little bit more intense. Dark eyes shone bright, utter determination and unyielding attitude burning within.

"I am 'La Magia.' Damn straight, you gunna' remember my Name, bitches."

Fingertips were licked lasciviously by a slick, pierced tongue. Not even a heartbeat passed and said fingertips pinched dead the smouldering cherry of her cigarette. The dead cancer stick twirled deftly in her fingers before it was flicked haphazardly away.

Diana-Melison-Sml.jpg
Dark eyes glinted just before oversized cat-eyed sunglasses dropped and hid them from view. One hand snatched her cosmetics bag, the other grabbed her blacked out decals deck with the purple wheels, her sticker clad water bottle hung from her mouth by its strap. She was like some kind of methamphetamine-charged alley cat leaping from fence top to fence top as she nimbly leapt from the top of one set of seats to the next and then finally out an open window.

A bit extra, but she decided to flip her board and do a kick pose, overcoat flying behind her like a superhero, just before stabbing the landing. Her timing was exquisite as always; 8 rotations then the deck latched to the soles of her white kicks and held fast. Little good that would do. As soon as her wheels hit the dirt in the soft grass, it stuck put and the girl went tumbling head over heels over head. But she recovered nicely and rolled up to her feet as if it was nothing.

"Yeah, pssssh whatever... I meant to do that..." The girl flipped her twin braids back over her shoulders and brushed her right one off, ridding it from a clump of moss. There really was a bit of pain in her right knee but meh, whatevs, walk it off, walk it off and collect your deck.

A bright grin flashed and a small giggle escaped her throat as she bent down to pick up her skateboard. She had to admit to herself; for a moment worthy of a segment on a fail TikTok that was a pretty epic, smooth fail.
"10 outta' 10 Corkiana done did it again..."

Yet despite the girl's moment of light-hearted self barbs, there was no way she would even glance up at the place from where she leapt. As far as she was concerned, there was no solid evidence to prove that inside that car, there was anyone dead in there. No, her mind did not even once think that the thing was a giant, metal, cylindrical, mass grave coffin reeking of the dead. Her bright smile faltered a touch as she quickly snatched up her skateboard. Nope, not once.

Another breath and she scurried away rather quickly from the subway car and realized that it was not January here. No, as a matter of fact it was rather nice to breathe in the crisp summer air out here under...

Corki's jaw dropped as she raised her sunglasses,
"
Bruh... what the actual eff in the face... dude, that is a blue sun..."

And gold clouds too. A rough swallow. Dark eyes then lowered and scanned for the owners of the voices she had heard earlier. A pair of men were on the opposite side of the train car. A soft clicking sound repeated its way out the side of her mouth as she took a moment longer to decide whether or not they were dangeous. Corki shrugged and slipped the loop of her cosmetics bag through her water bottle strap before slinging it all over a shoulder. Just before she marched on over to the pair of men, the skater punk girl took a two-handed practice swing with her skateboard... just in case. She then put 911 on speeddial on her phone-- yeah... right. No signal... wut no free wi-fi...? Meh. Figures...

She still took the time to a record a quick pan of the meadow, the train car and the whacked out sky with its blue sun. She'd get a bit more footage to stitch a Tiktok together with some vocals, text and some signature music later. But for now...

With a bit of caution in her step, she rounded the car, overcoat all cinched up and waved with her skateboard high above her head. A timid yet bright smile she greeted them,
"Ey...! What is good, fellas... Hi!! I'm Corki... and like I just came from that train wreck and like I sooooo have no clue as to just wut in the actual eff in the face is goin' ons here, but like I think that there's people back in there that are... like they... like I dint for sure check... but still it looked like-- but ey...! Check it, I've gots a small first aid kit if anyone needs and like a water bottle we can share-- like tell me y'alls gots no diseases though right? Hahahahah...!

"Oh DANG! Know wut? I knew it. I soooooo knew it...! I should have snagged some food from Ellie's party! Like I loves her so soooo much but like that chick always wastes food. 'Kay, check this... so like whenever I gots excess food, normally I skate around giving it out to like homeless out in the strip. Cuz like at the Mission they don't accept '2nd hand foods' or however they phrase it. Pshhhhh whatevs, like when you hungry, you hungry, amirite? So yeah, I'd just as soon feed others than let it go to waste. Oh! But like there been a couple times I been like 'accosted' by some pervie types so like I just wanna' let y'all know that I gots a mean swing with my deck if any of you tries anything funny with me. Like, I work out too so yeah... I'm preeeeetty strong AND know wut? I'll smack ya' truck side up-- BAM!! One hit wonder, and you down! Hahahahah!

"But like no, yeah... both you fellas lookin' decent so should be all goods and like I'mma be honest here... like it's actually nice to be with a couple fellas out here in this weird world. Scaaaary... and like wut? Are we dreaming, or like just trippin' serious balls here...? Oh, and like just before I gots here I was juuuuut telling my moms that, 'Yes, mother, I am sober...!' Like she is sooooo extra but like, dude... it's my mom, kno'm sayin' hahahahah...! She's like always worried I'mma tank my business...

"OH! Speaking of... so like yeah I run
'ChroniCal', the on the go fashion for all your 'urban couture' needs! Hell yeah...! And like winter is still live, and so like we are having a sick online flash sale next week...! And like we gots sooooo much slick drip for the fellllllaaaaassss...! Like my stats guys says a lot of dudes be looking for long and tall fit so like yeah...! Check it out. Oh! Dude, and like if ya wants I can getcha' a discount cuz like... I do know the owner of the company. She's amazing, gorgeous, and smart and hell yeah, she gots that sweet-sweetie booty shakin'! Hahahahah...!

"Yeeeeeah... Anywaaaays... this place be all sus... Broken train... Gold clouds... blue sun... not-January... messed up. Like smacked all the eff up in the face amirite...?"

The skater chick shrugged, smiled, and took a satisfied deep breath, shoulders heaving up and down.

"Sooooo like yeah... Hi!! My name's Corki... Whach'all names...?"

Last edited:
P R Y A H

Pryah woke suddenly. At first they didn't move. Not because they couldn't, but because Pryah wasn't prone to moving without just cause. It's what made them so good at sleeping. Plus, they had been in these types of situations (waking up in an unknown place with no recollection of falling asleep) before, and found it wise to assess the situation before getting up and moving around. Who knows who could be waiting, watching, what unknown injuries could surface with a sudden jerk of the neck or back? Best to play it safe. Enjoy a rare chance to lay on the floor in public without getting weird looks. They twitched a few fingers, took a few full breaths, listened carefully, and decided they were probably not in any mortal danger. They rose with caution and glanced around, stretched their limbs. A slight twinge in their ankle. A sensitive patch on their forearm, it stung slightly against the pilled inner cotton of their sweatshirt, told them they had been scraped in the process of ... uh. Well. Of whatever happened here. The place was a wreck. Pieces of warped metal jackknifed up from the floor at dangerous angles. The windows to the left and right were broken, no, demolished, and parts of the roof were caving in towards the floor. Toward the front, the ceiling drooped down as if something large was sitting on it, and Pryah was peering up from underneath its massive butt.
They tried really really hard to remember any helpful information about how they got here. But alas. All that resurfaced was the usual colorful inner monologue and a vague sense of being at the wrong place.

They needed to ground themself, take stock of their surroundings. Maybe make sense of what was around them. Avoid panic at all costs. There was a familiar smell of urine and cigarettes, the lovely sneaker polished floors garnished with old chewed up gum, butts of the aforementioned cigarettes, an old crushed water bottle with a suspicious looking liquid inside, and limp bodies strewn all over the place. Yup, this was the subway. A faint smell of wetness and iron. Or at least what was left of it. Definitely. Right. Why were they still in the subway? Follow up, why was the subway not moving? Follow up to the follow up; why the hell did they just wake up on the floor of the subway?? In their favorite hoodie no less. Small bits of glass and metal crunched under their feet as they walked hurriedly toward the doors. They needed to get out of here. A weird blueish light was casting the whole place in an eerie cold tone, and other than their own pulse hammering on their chest the entire place was dead silent. Pryah didn't like this. They could feel the breeze on their skin, but there was no fluttering of grass or tree branches to accompany it. No birds chirping, no distant car horns and traffic sounds, or the angry cussing of blue collar workers chipping away at the decaying industrial revolution. Nothing, just silence and apprehension. Liking their chances better out of the tin can of death, they braved the outside world and stepped through the jagged threshold.

It was warm. Some might say temperate, Pryah would say muggy. Sticky. Gross and humid and bright. A thick saccharine smell hung in the air and filled their lungs. They felt smothered by it. Fully outside, that weird light was undiluted by cover of the subway car and Pryah struggled to keep their eyes open. They longed for the dark, air conditioned, over decorated, and less than hygienic solitude of their apartment. Instead, a meadow swept out before them gloriously. It was rounded off up ahead by a dense line of trees that expanded in all directions. In the distance, like a backdrop to the thick forest, were these incredible towering mountains spindling up towards the sky. Tall, ominous, carrot shaped, rock structures that seemed both organic and manufactured. Or maybe, parasitic. Alive.
Pryah stood, with their hand cupped stupidly above their eyes, scanning the horizon in awe. The color. It was like someone flipped a giant switch, and all the pallets got scrambled. The clouds were brilliant gold wispy snakes of smoke swimming through the blue sky. The meadow was a feathery sea of teal fronds dancing in synchronization with the quiet winds. They were on acid right? Or like still sleeping. This was all a hallucination or a dream and Pryah was gonna wake up any minute and be soooo late for work. F*ck. This was obviously not a dream, they were just rationalizing. Where they dead?? If they were, what afterlife was this? Pryah had been through the whole religion thing a few times, with a few religions, and they didn't remember any of them talking about a blue sun or weird mountains in the afterlife. Gold clouds maybe.
Pryah felt the familiar ping of anxiety distantly, and headed to the left. They had to stop just standing around waiting for something else to happen. What if they weren't alone? Even worse, what if they were alone? They remembered the weird musty iron smell from before. An unsettling spattering of some dark liquid in the floor beside them when they had gotten up, they didn't want to think about it to be honest. They stumbled forward, clutched at the corner of the subway car as they rounded it. Their hands were going numb. Panic squeezed around their throat and they felt their knees buckle as they struggled to stay standing up. This was too much. They were gonna pass out or something.
Ahead of them, they heard the first sound since they woke up. Voices, more than one, and they sounded human too. Weird thought. What else would they be? Of course they were just people. Animals can't talk, couldn't be animals. These were not comforting thoughts. Their heart thudded and their vision went starry as they collapsed to their knees, clutching their chest like it could somehow stop the panic attack. If they had just kept up with their medication, this would have never happened. Breathe, breathe, short gasps of air, BREATHE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back