• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lekiel

Two Thousand Club
Supporter

• intro

trouble

valen

overview.

T
    he year is 2040. Humanity thrives as the shining exemplar of known sapient life. Though her history is coloured in the crimson hues of conflict and strife, like dirt crushed under the weight of the world, she has emerged victorious and beautiful as hardened diamond. People from all manner of colour, nationality, race or creed, no matter human, witch, vampire, werewolf or sanguineus; all have come together under the banner of humanity, pledging her advancement and prosperity as they usher in the enigmatic future.

A future rife with opportunity and possibilities where nothing could halt mankind’s progress.

A future of utter destruction.

And yes, you read that right. Witches, vampires, werewolves and the zealous sanguineus. These beings, pardon me. . . These humans while mystical in our own world, are very real in the alternate-earth where the story of Smile We're All Doomed Here Anyway (SWADHA) takes place in. But how they fit in will be explained in the lore. I shan’t bore you with such insipid sterilized information just yet!

In essence, SWADHA is a survival post-apocalyptic end-times RP that has a healthy chunk of fantasy elements, set in near-future earth with a sprinkling of science fiction. It is set in a time where all the races of humanity, including the 'subhumans' live homogeneously among each other, for the most part that is. Of course, there exist the usual. . . conflicts of interests.

Take for example the Big Pharma companies. Huge megacorporations founded on the generations of amassed wealth by the elitist White Witch alchemist families. Jacking up medicine prices to exorbitant levels and bullying smaller companies with lawsuits and takeovers whenever they come up with affordable generics. Or the up-and-coming biotech startups that are really just cash cows for the ever disdainful Vampire covens. Nevermind the fact that police have been known to always shoot first and ask questions later where werewolves are concerned. Everyone knows that everyone is only out for themselves.

Ahhh… the smell of dignified progress! As long as the Racial Wars of the past are left in our history books and no blood is spilt out of hate and discrimination - at least for the most part - everything remains fine and dandy.

But what if we weren't Masters of our own fates at all? What if we were mere pawns in the face of beings greater than our imagination? Our worse nightmares? What if the ravings of madmen across the street weren't really ravings at all? Call it what you will, the Gates of Hell, portals to another dimension, aliens. . . it was a new age. They called it Anno Profana; in the year of the profane. Where the sins of men return to visit in screams of terror, searing heat of hellfire and all the things that go bump in the night come knocking, at once.

Oh dear Lord saviour. . .

Save us.

intro

races

notes

smile,

we're all damned
anyway

genre

horror, soft sci-fi fantasy

status

accepting

tags

post-apocalyptic, survival, slow-pace

spots open

0/7

status

interest check

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Well well, ain't this a sight for sore eyes! It's good to see you again, Lekiel. Count me in as always. '-')b

Well well, ain't this a sight for sore eyes! It's good to see you again, Lekiel. Count me in as always. '-')b

Oh wow, you've always managed to be the first to pop in hahah! Staph with the flattery you :3

Oh wow, you've always managed to be the first to pop in hahah! Staph with the flattery you :3

Pure coincidence I swear lmao, I literally just checked the RPN Discord for new threads right after you posted this. Timing was on point 👌

color me interested!

Pure coincidence I swear lmao, I literally just checked the RPN Discord for new threads right after you posted this. Timing was on point 👌

Oh what? Hahah fr? And did you say rpn discord? You mean there's a notif for when someone posts a new interest check?

color me interested!

Keeping my ear to ther ground on this one.

Thanks for the interest!

Oh, am interested! May bring a second person with me too on this!

Welcome! And yes, please do bring along your buddy :3

Seems like we're on a roll, more interest is always welcome. But I'll start on arranging the lore bits so you guys have more to chew on within 12 hours!

Oh what? Hahah fr? And did you say rpn discord? You mean there's a notif for when someone posts a new interest check?
not my convo but yes! if i’m on the same page as your friend, you can customize your settings to receive notifications about when someone posts interest checks. i get them all the time and that’s how i found this!

Yeah, the RPN discord has dedicated channels for the interest check forums. I just keep track of them in case something that interests me pops up, case in point. I think you can set them up to notify you directly too but I don't have that enabled; I just check manually.

Hey all! Apologies for the wait!! The Lore and CS Threads are up!!

A question for everyone, you guys are okay for discord as OOC or is anyone not willing to use it (no pressure)?

A question for everyone, you guys are okay for discord as OOC or is anyone not willing to use it (no pressure)?
Should go without saying for me but I'm all good with Discord.

Would it work if I just reposted Damien's CS from the last thing?

Should go without saying for me but I'm all good with Discord.

Would it work if I just reposted Damien's CS from the last thing?
I believe the changes I made to the lore (mostly minor stuff on sanguineus, some stuff on vampires, werewolves and black witches) should not affect him? Though I am wondering if you want to make Damien a more senior person in the force? so I can lowkey feed you info to herd everyone along *koff*

I believe the changes I made to the lore (mostly minor stuff on sanguineus, some stuff on vampires, werewolves and black witches) should not affect him? Though I am wondering if you want to make Damien a more senior person in the force? so I can lowkey feed you info to herd everyone along *koff*

Lmfao, sure, I was thinking of going through and revising some things anyway. I'll get it done sometime today!

I'd be alright with discord as I use it on a daily basis regardless

I don't mind either way. I have a discord, but I can also do oc on rpn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back