• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇɪʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ | ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ

xxxena

sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴄʀᴇᴍᴇ

• intro

running with the wolves

aurora

overview.

D
    o you ever wonder how much your life is worth? Do you sit and think about all the bad things that could happen to you but don't? One moment, you feel like you're on top of the world. That nothing could drag you down to the bottom. You thought your life was worth too much. But it wasn't. Everyone was expendable.

You don't remember falling unconscious. All you remembered was how the wind pulled and twisted your hair upon awakening. You lay against a heated blanket of sand, face first with a mouthful of sand. You couldn't remember how you came to enter such a dreadful place. But now, it seemed all you would ever know were the vast dunes of yellow. Yet, you were determined to get out. To find the oasis you might have once read in a fairytale book. Your lungs burned and your throat itched with a terrible dry as you climbed, stumbled, and crawled your way across the never-ending sand. Your vision swam as the heat crawled onto your back. Body trembling with ache, as exhaustion set in.

You never wanted this. You wanted a normal life with your family. You wanted to drink water, be able to get out from underneath the harsh sun, things you took for granted up until this point. But now, you figured you'd die. Alone. Against this treacherous shore of sand and blistering wind. To give up and let whatever animal that flew over your head free reign to pick your flesh from your bones. It was all too much. Your knees buckled and your legs cramped, sending you face down into the loose grain. Your chest rose and fell with each desperate breath. There had always been a small flicker of hope within you. That maybe you wouldn't die out there, in the unknown on an alien planet, surrounded by nothing other than the heat and the stretch of yellow. You used the last of your strength to roll onto your back, staring up into the endless void of blue sky.

You weren't afraid to go, just wished you had had a little more time as you closed your eyes and drift off into endless black.

But then you woke once more. The sun was no longer beating down on your back. Wind no longer tangling your hair. No sand suffocates you. It was still hot, but you were cooler than before. Your body was sore but pumping blood. You were alive, laying down on a plush bed roll. No longer in your sandy grave. How did you get here? Did the birds, watching you from so far away, fly you to safety? You have so many questions, but all you could hear inside your head was the word "alive". It parted through the sea of jumbling questions, replaying again and again. You were alive, and it made you happy. You sit up, then, even in your new found excitement, and let your eyes do what they do best; look around. You were definitely in some kind of room, white walls staring back at you. Away from the deathly heat of the sun. You were thankful for that. But the room looked... old. Barely able to stay together, as if it could come crumbling down at any moment.

Then the only door to the room swings open and a figure appears. They don't notice you're awake until they're almost standing in front of you. But when they do notice, it's like their maker had come down and kissed them. Their eyes light up and you notice tears beginning to form. They're happy to see you, to see you alive. They shout for others, run to your side with a mug of water, asking you to drink. Then more strangers appear. Several more strangers stumble into the white room, rushing to your bed side. They all speak at once, shouting over the other, trying to be the loudest. Trying to be the most important. But none of the words that came out of their mouth mattered. What was truly breathtaking was that these few strangers were ecstatic to see you. The last thing you could recall before your would-be-death, was how desperately alone you were. Abandoned by some force, left to die painfully alone. But you didn't. These strangers found you, saved you, and brought you back to life. Now, you would live. Live with these strangers, making friends, being joyful, being wanted. That's when one of them would calm everyone down, standing right next to the bed you laid in. A serious expression on their face, eyes narrowed down at you. You feel nervous, thinking these strangers were going to kick you out, back into the grave of sand. But instead, the single stranger only asks one question. A question that would change your life forever.

"Do you wish to join the Icarus Dawn?"

Now, years later, you stand back out on the sand. Eyes crawling across the yellow landscape, looking for something and nothing in particular. As you stare into the wastelands, you think back on the time those dunes almost took your life. But you were not alone this time. You're friends stood beside you. Weapons slung across their shoulders, smiles on their faces. Their eyes danced with joy and excitement as they all faced the desert. They would all live. No longer fearing the depths of sand, for they were not alone. They were alive, and nothing could stop them now. And as you stand, among your friends, thinking of the older times, you receive a beep, coming from the little white band around your wrist. You look down at the Echo attached to your skin. A holograph appears and a crisp A.I. voice rings out into the sweltering heat.

"You have a new message."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

Hello, and welcome! Thank you for reading all of that but here's just a little more explination about the plot!

So, our characters will all be in a bandit group, called Icarus Dawn! All of them have joined together on a desert wasteland planet called Ayre Temperance. They're a small band of trouble makers, left in this sandy desert under similar, yet different, reasons. So, together, they've created this group as a means to survive. Coming together as distant strangers but slowly becoming the closest of friends. Now, climbing the ladder of the infamous ranks of terrible people and scummy gangs, they were no longer just a group of unwanted kids. They were becoming much more.

But gaining recognition wasn't always the best thing. While they sparkled, others had their eyes set on their downfall. They became hated by others, rising as a threat level quickly. But sometimes it did work out in their favor. For they were still unknown in the farthest galaxies, but the planets closest to them would soon know their name. Which brings them all to receiving a message on their Echo's (basically a futuristic phone) from a very well known crime boss from the Axel Galaxy. The crime boss named, Lorien Tanière, was known as someone who killed for a living, trafficked anything dangerous they could get their hands on, stole from the richest of the higher ups, had an army backing him up, and did I mention he kills? Truly, he was not just a simple leader of some bandit group, this was an actual killer, someone who should be feared.

But to continue with this message, the crime boss would describe a specific item that he wanted. An item he would not describe over the Echo's. So it must be something seriously wanted by a lot of people. Something expensive. But he wanted to hire our small group of bandits because he thought they were the best qualified for the job. And he would pay them very, very nicely for doing this task. What he was offering could set our group of friends up for the rest of their lives. They wouldn't have to live in the wastelands anymore. They could travel outside their planet, and even the galaxy, with how much this man was offering them. Able to pay for anything they wanted, and living where ever they wanted to live. So, it was an easy answer. The six of them would be on their ship by morning light and they would be heading in Lorien's direction as quickly as possible.

But the deal seemed a little too nice. The question on everyone's mind would be; why hire barely recognized bandits to steal something so valuable? Maybe their name had stretched farther than they had thought before. And maybe, something else awaited them inside the lion's den. To find out, the members of Icarus Dawn would have to go through a few hardships, run from both a cutthroat gang and the international police, enter some questioning places, and most importantly, find themselves, to figure out what this journey was all about.

intro

roles

rules

our stories

shall never be
forgotten.

genre

sci-fi, fantasy, thrill, adventure

status

accepting

spots open

6/8

rating

18+, no minors please!

lore

ooc

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
hi hello 🤪 im looking respectfully with both eyes

spongebob-respectfully.gif

hello and good morning/afternoon/evening! thank you all for the interest so far!

i forgot to mention in the rules that it’s only one role per person, as there is already a limited number of spots~

but thank you all again for showing interest! if we gather a few more interested lovely people, I will continue on with a lore tab and eventually a cs thread, and so on! we will see what happens 💕.

Last edited:
cannot wait to eat sand definitely not eat sand with u guys !!

omggg you are all so sweet! thank you for the interest!
with just a few more people, i'll set up a cs and lore page! omg thank you again~ ♡

I do have a question regarding face claims. Are these bandit's not hiding their physical identities? I'm all for adult appearances, I'm just curious as to why they have to be "realistic"?

I do have a question regarding face claims. Are these bandit's not hiding their physical identities? I'm all for adult appearances, I'm just curious as to why they have to be "realistic"?
thanks for the question!
the only time when the characters might hide their identities would be on a rather huge mission. if the mission is high risk, they probably will wear masks to cover their entire face, or half their face, but if it’s just a small job, a simple head wrap will probably do! they typically won’t wear anything on the ship or base!

they might be known for petty theft but they’re not huge across the galaxy! they’re not big enough to have wanted posters around on every planet. it’s just a simple group of friends surviving and hanging out until they do get that big mission!

as for why it has to be realistic face claims only, that’s because I feel like they’re better for expressing and opening up characters. and that it personally helps me see the characters too! nothing against anime or humanoid fc’s, I just like realistic a little better.

Would this be suitable?
While that is a very neat fc (very nice colors wowie), I believe we’re looking more for face-claims of real people: models, actors etc to keep everyone in the same style. For some writers, it can be difficult to be immersed when looking between artwork and real faces.

If this doesn’t deter you and you are still interested, I could send a few links to some face-claim resources if those would be any help!! <3

omg i half expected this to die but y'all are so nice omg.........
gonna get a cs and a lore page up later tonight then!!! i'll talk with my gm abt a set date for when cs's should be due and done for sure but until then! make away!
and thank all of you lovely people omg <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back