Other ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴᴀʟ ꜱᴇզᴜɪᴛᴇʀ

BuggaBoo

Skull💀Duggery~!!
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Hi!!

K yeah. Yeah I know it's misspelled. But I decided on the name when I was high. And once sober, it still looked good to me.

You see, when properly spelled out; sequitur just looks icky to me. And saying it? It just has this throw-up-a-little-in-my-mouth onomatopoeia-ish sound to it when I say it out loud. I honestly don't even wanna say what I envision and hear when I think of the look and sound of the word. But yes, yes, I do know what it means and normally see it used with the word 'Non-' infront of it.

Right. So yeah, the way I use ꜱᴇզᴜɪᴛᴇʀ is as defined; a consequence, but also a combination of two other words: serial and quitter. Cuz that's what most RPers are: Serial Quitters. And I'm just as guilty of it too. And not saying it's right or wrong but saying it's just 'how it is' in the RP world. RPs die. A lot. A lot, a lot. And it really is frustrating to create a freshly baked OC only to see it never make it past 2 posts. So I came up with the idea of:

"Some Kinda' Sequiter."

Basically yes, it literally means; "of some consequence," but also a jab at us Serial Quitters. Now the idea behind the thread is to just brush off that notion and post what you would have written for your charrie in a post size between 300-700 words. Like maybe only piecemeal and maybe just one offs, but the thread is meant to allow for drop-in/drop-out styled posting. Thus, theoretically you can return and say; "Hah! I'm not a Serial Quitter!!!" lol

So this writing thread is a personal version of my idea for the "ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴀ' ꜱᴇզᴜɪᴛᴇʀ" pseudo-RP I've launched.

So please no comments in this thread cuz I don't wanna post OOC chatter here. But if you reeeeeeeally must make a comment then drop by my wall and feel free to flame me there lol. And hey, maybe you'd even like to join the group version of Sequiter! If you are interested in this idea then please follow the link above to the INT CHK and check it out, k? The whole breakdown of how posting works is in the OOC link.

But the idea doesn't seem to be gaining any traction nor draw any will/interest for others to post. Thus the reason I'mma go solo then. Cuz tbh, that's what seems like this idea was asking to be all along; a solo vanity piece.

So then hell yeah; rock a bye baby! Let's GOOOOOOO!!

PAGE 1

- LiLi - "Who is this world for...?"
- Niki - "Beautiful promises on the surface..."
- Oxi - "Not so much an itch..."
- Reine - "Her calling would be answered..."
- Curse - "If you fall back down..."
- DJ - "For my biggest fan..."
- Cherry - "I haven't said goodbye yet..."
- First Musings - After the Rainbow!!
- Powder - "There is no other way..."
- CoCo - "Right through my panties..."
- KiKi - "Can't we just talk...?"
- Halo - "Maybe I was wrong. Oops..."
- Rahne - "After all this time..."
- Tik-Talk - "With Great Power...(Pt. I)"
- Mileena - "Your blood has no worth..."
- Second Musings - After the 2nd Rainbow!!
- Ronni - "Have it your way then..."
- Buzzkill - "Bitch, I am the GunMother..."
- Daisie - "False positives..."

Last edited:

Character: "LiLI" - Mariposa Milinda Del Rios | Human | Latina gang member/potential magic use.
World and Plot: Not-Earth. Another Isekai but this time a group of childhood friends get transported to a purple-skied, tall grassed world as soon as their long lost friend shows up after years of being a missing person.
Context: LiLi goes off to find water but starts to miss home/earth.
BG Motivation: LiLi's big sis KiKi as a huge driving force.

"Who is this world for...?"

Lili-small.jpg
Even her reflection looked off.

LiLi had held her breath as she inspected the features of her own face reflecting right back at her in that serene pool. Same brown face under black bandanna and cap. Same tattoo of her family proudly emblazoned on her cheek. Big hoop earrings glinting away. Strong nose, full pouty lips but those eyes... who the hell did those eyes belong to?

Yes, they were still dark and alluring but the look in them...? It would be a lie if she did not admit she liked the look and lustre of those eyes. If only they were not supposed to be a reflection of her own being; Mama said that the eyes were the open window to the soul after all. And what did those eyes say about her now? Oh, LiLi was sure her friends would be ecstatic (and yeah, they seemed to act like they knew) that she was coming around and returning to the girl they once knew in highschool. Yes, that girl was slowly starting to shine through; the smiley, laughing one who always had something to say or interject. Whether a barb to knock you down a peg or a joke to make you laugh, it was always entertaining.

So really what was wrong with that then? Was it not a good thing that LiLi was dropping the tough, badass girl front and becoming that sweet thing they all knew and remembered? For her friends and for things to come in this weird, purple-skied, tall grassed world, then yes, of course it was. After getting drugged up by the prevailing winds and nearly going comatose, the closer the friend group became the greater the chances they would survive here. In fact, prior to magically arriving in this world, they all seemed to be drifting apart. So what was the problem then?

The girl in the pool stared levelly at the girl staring right back at her.
"Listen, you are starting to forget who made you and how you were made..."

Suddenly a flash of pain. A glimpse of a fading memory: flashing lights, wailing sirens, voices over walkies blaring away, people rushing, shoving, yelling. A stab of buried emotion: fear for her sister, anger at the emergency people, rage at those who hurt her sister, heart-break while her brothers held her. An answer by the loud report and smoking muzzle of a gun.

"...who is this world for...? Say it. This world... This. World. Is--"

LiLi screeched and struck the girl with the strange eyes in the water. The splash shattered the reflection into a thousand and one shards made from the sharp edges of the broken hearts of a broken family and pieces of a broken life she could not help but remember that she had left behind. But in that moment she saw her own eyes, the ones she brought with her from her own earth, and in them she saw the reason she swore she would never forget that world.

Her sister was dying. KiKi was dying and did not have long to live. LiLi swore that she would be there right till the end for the greatest inspiration she had ever known.

My gosh, she just had to make it back home.

WC: 546
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Niki" - Rasah-K'leninika Ni'Syshee | Hyenakin | Royal Elite Envoy of the Shenedzai
World and Plot: Anthropomorphic Fanstasy Lands. The peoples of the Wolf-Kin have called upon their allies as they are on the brink of war. Little talked about is the legendary item hidden somewhere in Wolf-kin territories.
Context: Niki sneaks away from her entourage to explore a hidden grove.
BG Motivation: Niki hurt her sister very badly when they were young and is always looking for pain remedies.
Post Inspiration:

After getting drugged up by the prevailing winds and nearly going comatose,

"Beautiful promises on the surface..."

niki-small.jpg
A final yank on her gown and at last she was free of that thing.

No, she did not hate wearing such garb that royalty was meant to wear; in fact, she loved the feel, colours and patterns of her fine clothing. And the tinkling sound of shiny jewelry, the scent of the exotic parfums upon her fur and the lavish stylings of her hair and tail...? Exquisite. The tiara she wriggled free from her dark brown hair and stared at herself in its mirror finish. Several soft chuckles she let out before dropping it onto the soft grass at her feet. Yes, she loved her fancy attire, but she just had to do as her impulse would have it.

Niki squealed as she leapt into the clear pond waters.

Well, maybe it was not so much impulse as it was this place. What a gorgeous little clearing she had stumbled upon. And what a welcome relief in comparison to her entourage. Her cousins were lovely but sometimes they became such bores and would drone on and on, thus she just needed to get away. And here she was now, emerging from the cool waters, head snapping back, whipping a stylish water plume from her long hair into the air.

Sunlight peeked in through the canopy, enough to keep her warm and uplift the mood that much more. Niki smiled and reached up towards the blue flowers that lined the low overhanging branches. These precious little things were a rarity in Shenedzai lands and were prized for their pain numbing benefits. And she had found a hidden source to bring her medicine women... and her sister. Oh, but Kaleki would be so excited! A single nail poked at the flower, sending it bobbing up and down.

A heartbeat later, the precious little blue thing sprayed a little puff of powdery purple. The big hyenakin's familiar sharp-toothy grin flashed from her mouth as more and more flowers began to spray in succession; as if dancing all the way from the one she touched down to the ones that lined the grass. These flowers in Miokee lands were different from the ones in her homeland, but still, she loved the scent of them and the spectacular tiny spraying sound and sight of them all.

But maybe this was all just a bit too different... Niki's eyes fluttered and she swooned a bit, sending her muscular form bobbing up and down. Her vision blurred momentarily and it was not until her head dipped under the cool liquid did she come back to the here and now. Red eyes popped open wide in realization as she struggled to tread water. This place was so beautiful on the surface...
But deep down below?

Something moved at the bottom of the pond. Somethng dark and big. Niki shook her head and stared back down at the ponds bottom to affirm what she saw. Yes. Yes, that dark and big thing had uncovered a huge pile of bones down there.

Niki cried out to her cousins, but only managed to swallow and breathe in more cool pond water. She violently choked and sputtered out the cool liquid. No, yelling would not do. Her consciousness was fading fast and that thing, that dark and big thing down there was waiting for her to drown and sink down to it. She had one shot.

A massive thrust from her powerful legs brought her out of the cool waters and she flailed, reaching desperately for the low hanging branch. And she caught it. Red eyes were fully foggied up now and her mind was soon to follow, yet still she managed to grab onto the branch with her other hand. No, yelling would not do, but a signal... it was her only hope.

The air around her shoulders and hair heated up as her eyes began to swirl a mystical orange and red. An enormous column of fire launched from her head and shoulders high up into the blue sky above her.

Niki gasped then both hands released their death grip on the low hanging branch upon which those precious little blue flowers danced.

WC: 694
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Oxi" - Okscana V. | Repressed Angel | Dishwasher
World and Plot: Supernatural Beings in a Cyberpunk world. The majority of the world are bigoted in mind and policy against non-humans thus Supernaturals are fighting for equal rights as citizens of their respective countries.
Context: Oxi is taking her first dose of the new serum to repress her Radiance without supervision.
BG Motivation: Okscana is one of those Supernaturals that is denying their powers to integrate and be accepted into society at large
Post Inspiration:
The air around her shoulders and hair heated up as her eyes began to swirl a mystical orange and red.

"Not so much an itch..."

Oxi-small.jpg
Oxi picked up her phone and tapped twice on the blank screen. For just how long had Halo been gone now?

The screen saver image was of her old friends as teens, all huddled together, laughing and smiling. A photo of a photo. It made the scene feel flat and inept despite the warmth and mirth of the young faces that shone from that image. Kind of like trying to recapture lost time with nothing but your hands. Kind of like how she felt right now.

It was 4:15pm. The redhead bit her lower lip and slowly her chin lifted and her blue-eyed gaze fell upon that orange-y bottle with the white lid. It sat there on the counter, away from the rest of her pill bottles, but unlike the scratched out info of those other bottles, this one had its label intact. A shuddering sigh she let out. Her bff said that she would be gone for only 20 minutes. That was over an hour ago.

It was not as if Oxi needed to take the pills right now. Normally she would feel the signs of her 'internal combustions' start to rumble. A little heated tingle at her temples, a little at her tummy, a little at the tips of her toes. It would not be long before a spot just above the top of her head and her eyes would begin to glow. Then she would feel it. The itch between her shoulderblades. Not so much an itch as it was...

"A craving..."

Oxi's head snapped back as if she had been slapped. Her eyes and head shifted and darted in multiple directions at once. How the hell did she get over to the window? Why was it open? Was she going to jump?! A shrill squeak she let out as she went to swipe and tap at the controls on her phone to close it. But the pill bottle in left her hand clacked hard against the electronic slab's surface. Big display numbers cheerfully surrounded by her friends faces said it was 4:20pm. She had blacked out for several minutes. No memory of what just happened. This was not normal. This was no way to live.

Oxi was set to put down her phone and pop open the plastic orange-y thing when it began to vibrate and ring. It was Halo.
"Girl!! Where the actual eff you been...?! I been all stressy and sweatin' like you--"

"Ox. Girl. It's... I don't think... I'mma-- Gripper! She's here--" The line went dead. The redhead's pretty face was skewed with lines and shadows of distress. Her best friend's voice sounded more than just strained. It sounded as if that second voice, that sinister and chilling one, was more intertwined-- No, not more intertwined. More dominant. Oxi had no idea who Gripper was, but she knew for a fact that Halo was losing the battle for control with her inner Daemon. Halo needed her. Right here. Right now.

The tingles heated up not only from her temples, tummy and toes but from her entire being. Oxi took a quick breath and back stepped three times. Her tan chin lowered, lithe body wound up at the knees, slender hands balled into fists. Another breath she took, this time deeper and more profound.

}}~ᚱᚨᛞᛁᚨᚾᚲᛖ ᛏᛟ ᛗᛖ!! ᚠᛟᚱ ᚷᛟᛟᛞ ᚠᛟᚱ ᚨᛚᛚ!!~{{

Light from beyond her own world erupted from her eyes and spun a perfect circle around the top of her head as she launched out the window.

No, she was not at the window to jump out of it and fall to her death. Oxi was at the window to do two things: One, was to toss away that plastic orange-y crutch. And two, was to toss away her doubts, fears and insecurities. Oskcana was at the window to take a leap of faith and fly.

The itch at her shoulder blades was truly not an itch. It was a craving; a craving that was fulfilled the moment her heavenly white wings sprouted from her back and exploded open for the first time in years.

WC: 684
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Reine" - Lareine of the Arbremorti Nation| Orc-Dryad | Legend: The Shapeshifter.
World and Plot: High Fantasy Kingdoms. The Dark is on the rise again and so the Light must be reborn. Legends from around the continent must re-convene and aid the Light versus the awakened Dark Demon.
Context: A strange child has wandered into Reine's territory and this child will elevate her Legend status.
BG Motivation: Reine is the Shapeshifter named: "She, The Wildling" that uses wicked spirits within her to power her transformations.
Post Inspiration:
And two, was to toss away her doubts, fears and insecurities. Oskcana was at the window to take a leap of faith and fly.

"Her calling would be answered..."

Reine-Small.jpg
Another lost child. Another life no longer held in the balance of Nature's cruel hands. Another sigh from the ultimate predator here.

For over an hour now, She had tracked the child as it bumbled and stumbled through the darkness and into the deep heart of the woods. Oh, but there was just something about the spirits dancing around this golden haired little thing... or lack thereof. The Legend of the Arbremorti Forests had never seen the wilderness spirits actively dance away to avoid a lost child ever before.

Paws that could easily clutch a man's skull took several strides, effortlessly keeping pace with the little blonde. The wretched thing wandered about with arms outstretched, feeling hither and thither; open hands caught nothing but air more often than not. How she survived for so long, the Legend had no inkling, but She was absolutely certain that it was more than mere dumb luck.

Golden eyes of the great Legendary beast narrowed and dark lips pulled up revealling teeth the size of kitchen knives. In 7 mere steps, the girl would bumble and stumble her way off a cliff and plummet 1001ft onto solid rock below. The great, great cat lowered her immense form into the grass. The snarl held at her lips as She watched with bated breath.

Oh, but this was the moment She had been waiting for was it not? A child abandoned by all spirits; not even Fates and Destiny danced for this one. A child who's parents were gone even before they ever had a concept of such an offspring. A child lost without hope. A child who would be nothing without the love of the greatest Mother of them all; Nature.

The snarl remained at her dark lips for She knew the truth about that which swam within it. Just like She herself, the small girl was a vessel and no, it was not empty. And just like She herself, It held several powerful spirits within and wicked was each and every single one of them. But such an innocent child could only be the one to contain such wicked things and destroy them. And so after all this time, Lareine finally found that one child whom had received that calling. And that one child would die for She, The Wildling, granting her an Ascension without ever knowing it.

One final timid stride and that dirty bare foot stepped on nothing but air. Down, down, down fell the child, tumbling head over heels over head. The child lost without hope. The child without the love of the greatest Mother of them all. The child like She, The Wildling herself was meant to be. That was until...

Like a streak of striped lightning the great jungle predator's body launched from the tall grass, sprinting and reaching the cliff's edge in less than a heartbeat. Powerful hind legs launched its body down, down, down after the plummeting child. Mid-descent, a shimmering energy rippled across the huge hide of the ultimate predator here, and like a moulting spider, She, The Wildling shed this layer. Caught like fallen leaves in a tornado, the layer twirled and swirled behind her and into the Beyond it drained. What remained, freshly borne, was a screeching, gigantic bird of prey, increasing its speed in a breakneck stoop.

Midnight talons caught the blonde and the huge, feathery raptor changed trajectory, swooping upward towards Mother Moon's pregnant glow in the night sky.

There was once a time when She too was doomed to fall and die: wicked spirits of fears, doubts and insecurities were to consume her. That was until the day a great being took her in and became her Guide. Her calling had been answered.

And just like how She had been given the chance to turn the Wickedness inside her into something great, She too would give such an opportunity to this girl. Lareine chose to answer in full this one child's calling and become her Guide.

The Shapeshifter Legend would not allow herself to simply be granted an Ascension. A proud screech pierced the night sky; no, She, The Wildling would earn it.

WC: 692
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Curse" - Cursive the Finesse | Human | Smooth-Talking Street Urchin
World and Plot: Steampunk. A bunch of loser orphans called the Lowlies steal a magic item hoping it will provide a better life but instead end up blowing up a major trade tower and half the city.
Context: Curse's sister just got the absolute crap kicked out of her.
BG Motivation: The Lowlies are gimped and lowest of the low kids but they stick together despite Cursives bone-headed schemes.
Post Inspiration:
Down, down, down fell the child, tumbling head over heels over head. The child lost without hope. The child without the love of the greatest Mother of them all. The child like She, The Wildling herself was meant to be. That was until...

"If you fall back down..."

Cursive.jpg
All Cursive could do was stare, mouth slightly agape. And so she did just that. That was until the moment her sister looked back up at her.

On the run. Of course, she was. Yet again. All the other Lowlies told her not to get it, but tell the Finesse not to do something and she will try her damndest to do it her way and get it done her way. And she actually did get it done, but as it always was whenever she tried to finesse her way into things she just should not, there were repercussions. And this one was a bad one.

The galaxy hued headed girl had stolen from the Imarcosi Family. Yeah, them.

She was supposed to lay low, but Cursive being Cursive, she just had to go to that party. There was no altercation when she saw Lydianna Imarcosi because she managed to smooth-talk it over. The item in question, the stolen key, had actually been ripped away from the Lowlies by another crew, the Tickers. And Lydianna had believed her. Probably because it was true; Curse had her arm sliced up with the Tickers symbol. That and Curse promised a promise to make it up the Imarcosi Family. She still had yet to tell big sis Casey of such dealings but that had to wait. Because as of now, her red-haired sister's bleeding and broken form lay there at the bottom of the steps, halfway into the sidewalk.

A full bodied shudder. Several rough coughs. Then the redhead rolled over and groaned. Cursive gasped, rushed over to Casey, her good arm reaching out for the other teen's face... or what was left of it. Big lavender eyes grew even bigger as she stared at the mixture of blood mud, and, hair covering up the entire half of her sister's brown face. Casey groaned again rolling a single green eye; the other eye was swollen shut neath that layer of blood, mud, and hair. Curse hunkered down and stroked her sister's cheek then tucked Cash's red hair behind her ears, bloodying up her hand in the process. The droves of worker people passing by grumbled and swore at the teens in their way. Several of them called them the worst slurs in all of Pivolta. Three even kicked them. And not a single one offered the barest amount of help.

But that was nothing new was it? Right now that did not matter. Curse just dropped onto the cobblestones, pulled Cash in close and wept whilst stroking the other girl's warm, damp hair.

"Eyyyy.. Curse... Tell m-me again... The Imarcosi's...? Th-they got no beef wit'us, right?" said Casey through gritted teeth.

The younger sister nodded, cheek pressing warmly into the older one's cheek.

"The 'Cosi Fam going after T-Tickers, right?"

Curse shook her head and sobbed. She had no idea what Cash was going on about but she did not care. The crying teen embraced her sister tighter.

"Ugh. Bleedin' Ticker b-bastards got me too... cuz I stood up for you. But I g-got 'em back. I g-got it. No one carves my sister...!"

"Cash!! Girl, you mad then?! No! No, soooo not worth it! This is a cut. A scar. You stupid, stupid girlie! What you did--"

"Curse...! Cursie-girl. Y-you not listening,,. I said: 'I got it...'"

Casey pulled back from her sister's embrace and lifted a bloodied hand up to Curse's brown button nose. As she unfurled her dirty fingers and revealed the item, a smile pulled up at the corner's of Cash's mouth. Yes, it was strained, but it was a true eye-twinkling smile nonetheless.

There in the palm of Casey's hand was a pristine and shiny iron key with the Imarcosi Family emblem embossed upon it.

All Cursive could do was stare, mouth slightly agape. And so she did just that.

WC: 642
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "DJ" - Desiree-Jeanette Chea-Soeur | Cyborg | Aerial Performer
World and Plot: Cyberpunk / Dreamworld Isekai. A strange dream shared by a group of disparate and desperate people will transport them and give them the opportunity to live out the life of which they had always dreamed.
Context: A fan connected to her via SIM-sense speaks to her after a performance.
BG Motivation: DJ signed onto The Armada Inc. agency as a performer using SIM-sensory tech.
Post Inspiration:
a smile pulled up at the corner's of Cash's mouth. Yes, it was strained, but it was a true eye-twinkling smile nonetheless.

"For my biggest fan..."

Cyber-Dj.jpg
She removed the head gear and set it down in its cradle, hands shaking very badly yet still careful to not crimp nor crack any of the wire leads connecting her to the mainboard. Oh, but how badly DJ just wanted to rip the bloody thing off her head and chuck it against the wall with all her might.

Instead the young woman settled for an unrelenting, full-bodied shiver and a long, drawn out sob.

Derringer. The liasons of the agency always said to the new performers, "the cherries," that his words were harmless; sticks and stones and all that... But if only they were merely words. Derringer was connected to DJ via the SIM-Sensory umbillicus which meant that the client could feel the young lady's emotions and mental effects of her triumphant acts of super-human acrobatics and athleticism. But for the right price, a hefty, hefty premium price, certain VVVIP-tier clients could send back their adoration and emotions to their chosen performer, their 'Conexted.' The feedback was meant to be something from which the performer may feed; a form of 'fan-charged boost of energy.'

But the VVVIP client Derringer...? They sent something much more than adoration and worse in more ways than one. Many of 'the cherries' claimed that even the longest hot shower, or deepest meditation could never wash away what Derringer forced into their minds and hearts. And Armada and their liasons did nothing to stop him because of the hefty, hefty premium that Derringer and other VVVIP tier clients paid to do such things to the Armada performers. Besides, Armada HR would say, there were others, hungry and waiting in the wings to replace all those performers that just couid not cope.

And DJ was one of those girls, one of 'those cherries,' that was about to take the infamous strut down washout alley and quit the biz forever. That was until...

<<Miss...? Miss Chaser...?>> the voice was soft at first, <<Hello? Hello, #theOnlyChaser...? Are you there...?>>

DJ was set to rip the neural comm pads from her skull but froze mid motion, bleary blue-eyes popping open wide. It was a girl. A young one.

<<Y-yeah...? Yeah, this is Miss Chaser... who is this? And how did you get into this chat space...?>>

<<I won the contest, Miss Chaser... y'know... the one on your Twizzer account? Wait. You sound sad. Are you sad, Miss Chaser...?>>

<<Oh...me? N-no, I'm just... surprised! I didn't expect you to contact me so soon!>> DJ lied but did not want to break the litttle girl's heart, <<Congrats, honey...! S-so how did you manage to do that...? To win the contest?>>

<<I left a message on your Twizzer account, Miss Chaser. And you Tweezed back: "Congratulations! Your amazing Tweeze has been given a LOVE and selected by #theOnlyChaser. You have been awarded a personalized 5 minute transmission with #theOnlyChaser!" Did you really love what I said, Miss Chaser?>>

<<Oh, honey... I been so busy... can you r-remind me what you said so I can LOVE it again? Please?>>

<<Sure! I said: "I love you so much. When I see you do amazing things, I am happy and I am okay no matter what anyone does to me. I hope I can make you happy and okay one day too--" Uhhhh... ummm... Miss Chaser...? Is something wrong?! Please don't cry!! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you sad-->>

<<Oh, honey, I'm not crying because I'm sad. I-I'll stop, 'kay? Cuz I'm happy and okay now cuz of you...>>

<<Really...? REALLY?! You mean that?!>>

<<I do. I do with all my heart and LOVE... What's your name, honey...?>>

<<I'm Hope! Oooooh, MIss Chaser, you're crying again...!>>

<<O-oooooh, but of course that's your name... it just had to be.>>

<<And I'm your biggest fan, Miss Chaser... so please stop crying...>>

<<O-okay. I'll stop. For my biggest fan...Hope.>>

DJ wiped the tears away from her face and carressed the neural comm pads on her temples. She strained, failed, then strained again. And finally a real smile broke free from the performer's lips.

WC: 678
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Cherry" - Cherish Courage Hart | Human Visionary | Ability: Ballistic Flight
World and Plot: Anime Dystopian Retro-Future. A group of super-powered people, Visionaries, are hired onto a shadowy Special-Ops squad by an enigmatic figure hellbent on eradicating all enemy monstrosities.
Context: Cherry sees a former squad mate gathering goods from an old HQ.
BG Motivation: Cherry was responsible for the accident that decimated her former squad.
Post Inspiration:
Sure! I said: "I love you so much. When I see you do amazing things, I am happy and I am okay no matter what anyone does to me. I hope I can make you happy and okay one day too--"

"I haven't said goodbye yet..."

Cherry.jpg
What would she have said to her? What could she have said to her...? Just say nothing. That was for the best... was it not?

Lavender-grey eyes stared down at her boots, inspecting the creases and scant amount of dirt upon them as if they were the most interesting thing in the room. Slowly she lifted her brown chin, gaze turning now to the broken window across the way. Beyond the pane of shattered glass she could see the other woman retrieving several items from the hollow in the wall; it was the vault where they kept their back up weapons. And the blue-haired woman across the way would only be retrieving such items for only one reason.

She was going back into the field to hunt and kill the monsters that plagued the city.

Cherry shook her head. She herself had vowed to leave that world behind. Never again. She was still not over the night of... the accident. The night when all but 3 of their former squad survived. No one talked about it. Never again. And so Cherry, Deva, and Carver, they each went their own separate ways. And they never talked about that night, because they never talked to each other ever again. But right now, Deva was right there across the street from her. All she had to do was call out...

Of the two of them, Cherry was bigger than Deva but Deva was by far the more aggressive and violent; she was Miss Devastation after all. And maybe that is what kept them apart. Lavender-grey eyes lowered again, staring at her boots once more but looking beyond the here and now. Maybe it was something more.

Ice Queen was their squad leader. And oh but how much Cherry was in love with her. But then along came Deva and she complicated matters. For Deva had let Cherry know just how she felt towards her. That one night when they both had a bit too much to drink and the blonde told the blue-headed young woman that yes, there was a chance for both of them to be together, but that would not happen until Ice Queen made it 100% certain that she and Cherry could never be.

Then the night of the accident. Ice Queen was killed and there was no resolution. Only pain and self-loathing. Cherry deserved no one's love. Ever again.

But here she was now, a literal stone's throw away from Deva. It had been nearly a year to the day since they had last spoken.

But that did not mean she could not leave a message without uttering even a single word...

Curiosity wrinkled across Deva's features as she reached into the vault for one last thing. A shuddering sigh exited her mouth as soon as she saw what it was. Her huge body shook, shoulders rocking heavily as she clutched it tight and pressed it against her cheek

It was Ice Queen's old dog tags. Originals from way back when the Special Task Force FIE-016, The FiendBreakers, had been formed. Cherry had taken them off of their former Squad Leader's dead body with the permission of Laila's familiy, and the remaining members of the squad; both Deva and Carver. And Deva out of all of them knew what it meant to receive such an item.

Cherry swore that she would never use her Visionary ability ever again since the night of the accident unless it was truly a situation worthy of using it. The young woman's eyes glowed silver for the first time in a year, her muscular form launching up high into the sky. A silvery orb 'whooshed' into life around her as she flew, leaving her familiar mercurial hued contrail behind her, bright enough for Deva to see.

The blue-headed woman looked up, vision blurred from the rivulets streaming from her eyes. She bit her lip as she nodded at the fleeing silvery orb.

Cherry was ready to move on.

Ready to move forward.

And Deva would always be there waiting for her.

WC: 677
⬆️

Last edited:

Musings: After the first rainbow!!
Context: Just a bit of a write-up regarding the posts, charries and overall thoughts to wrap up the first set.
What's next: Thinking that my writing was heavily influenced by the Mazzy Star song that I played thus the sombreness of the writing tone. Next set I'mma use an upbeat song and this time go for posts less than 600. Thinking I'mma shoot for 550 this time around to challenge myself.

After the First Rainbow!!

- LiLi - "Who is this world for...?"
LiLi was originally conceived as a NPC for another charrie Main. She evolved from the idea of a criminal family with siblings who did not always get along but would be there for each other through thick and thin. In this post, I tried to focus more on LiLi's vulnerabilities and struggle for wanting to leave her old life behind, yet remembering the importance of why she should never leave it behind. Also played on the whole reflection in the water thing repping two worlds.
- Niki - "Beautiful promises on the surface..."
Niki was supposed to be an entitled bitch with a playful streak. She is royalty in her tribe and reps her mom and fam but once out of mom's eyes and ears she does what she wants. Now she is quite an accomplished warrior and is quite intelligent, but I wanted to show case here that despite her prowess, she cannot do things all by herself always. It ends on a cliff hanger that another could do the 'save the damsel in distress' post lol
- Oxi - "Not so much an itch..."
Oxi was originally a NPC sidekick to another main charrie but since I did write for her a bit, the idea of her should have spawned into a Main had I continued in the RP. Oxi is a recovering junkie that is trying to fit into society by repressing her powers with the aid of her bestie Halo. They both struggle with 'daemons' both literal and figurative, and in this post, Oxi overcomes hers to go and save her bff from her bff's own daemon.
- Reine - "Her calling would be answered..."
Reine is an OP charrie that is meant to be that way for RP sake. She is regarded with awe and fear in her territory and rightfully so. She may speak with spirits and hunts 'Wickedness' on both sides of the Beyond. Here, I tried to show her indifference to how things should be vs. how she wants them to be. And in the end, her own selfish desires win out; she has never been a mother after all.
- Curse - "If you fall back down..."
Curse is one of two charries i had set up to play as GM charries in a failed not-Arcane RP I tried to launch. She is kinda like the brown-skinned version of Jinx but this version is more talkative and uplifting despite being a 'Curse' Jinx. In this RP the charries were never meant to be expert parkour'ers nor accomplished fighters. And here I was trying to showcase the rough, street lifestyle of which they lead and show how one problem just leads to another; another day in the life of the Lowlies...
- DJ - "For my biggest fan..."
DJ is the first charrie I wanted to RP when I came to this site. She is a famous internet star that has somehow managed to stay sweet and thoughtful despite her rise in fame and wealth. I think that's why this is my favourite entry. In the post, I wanted to show a low point in her life, a turning point actually where she was just about to be broken by the industry when out of nowhere a fan contacts her and gives her the inspiration to go on and overachieve. I know its cheezy and heavy handed but I just had to name the little girl 'Hope' lol.
- Cherry - "I haven't said goodbye yet..."
Cherry is a charrie that I did up but her BG did not fit the lore of the RP so I shelved her and went with another Main. But the idea of a musclebound, big, dumb, sweetheart being in the closet, marred by some trauma shared by another musclebound, big, cunning badass then sticking them in a love triangle and feeling the unrequited love, was just toooooo much and toooooo hot to pass up. So Cherry is now a love interest NPC for the Main. This post is more exposition than anything and sets up the moment where Cherry has not neccessarily moved on from trauma, but is available emotionally now to her other love interest.

K so I'mma plug the group version of the "ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴀ' ꜱᴇզᴜɪᴛᴇʀ" pseudo-RP I've launched. Like it is quite demanding, but still gunna see just in case anyone reading this wants to write with me in this 'Showcase your charries' BG, Inspired by Another!!' posting style!!

⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Powder" - Pólvora Marianne Waylan-Reyes| Human | Witch of the Coven of 13.
World and Plot: Urban Fantasy in a small town. West coast just off of USA/Canada Border. A bunch of teens, some of whom are connected to the Supernatural must venture into an old haunted hospital and deal with rising darkness from Beyond, seeping through this worlds borders.
Context: Powder fighting off two traitors and chooses to make an example of them to force her allies' hands.
BG Motivation: Powder does all that she can to supress the hunger of the Slider Spirit.
Post Inspiration:
But here she was now, a literal stone's throw away from Deva. It had been nearly a year to the day since they had last spoken.

"There is no other way..."

Poli.jpg
Powder was getting her ass beat down. Bad. Real bad.

Yes, she was a big girl that could handle herself in most situations. But this sitch... she was up against two long-time lone wolves. Not nice ones either. The female she should have been able to handle on her own, but combined with the big male... no. Powder was getting her ass beat down. But she was a big girl. With an even bigger fight in her.

Red trailed behind her as she rolled over in the mud to face them. A snarl, a spit, a sneer. Teeth red, spit red; the warm, liquid was all her own. And it just pissed her off that much more.

With a muddied up hand, she wiped away at the corner of her mouth. The pair of wolves still held their mortal forms, confident in their abilities. Less powerful than their lupine forms no doubt, yet strong, fast and dangerous all the same. They paced in unison, moonlit eyes glinting, both with white toothy sneers lit bright under dusky skies, daring the teen to flee. But no, Powder held her ground. And with her other hand, she literally held the ground. Ancient words whispered into the wet soil; a quick incantation that was both cure and curse to her.

Gashes on her neck, thighs, face and back healed over. The nearby vegetation wilted and rotted away instantly, their life forces sapped and stolen for her benefit. But during the energy exchange, something slipped through that shining space between this world and the Beyond. The brunette's dark eyes popped open wide as soon as she realized what it was that came through.

A leeching spirit. A great one at that. Wicked as it was old.

Sensing the breach, both wolves expressions turned worrisome and instantly they turned tail and fled.

Big mistake. The leeching spirit preyed on fear. And like angry, wicked lightning, it was on them, spearing them like fish and draining them as their backs' arched, all predatory aggression lost.

Their bodies attempted futilely to shift into their more ferocious furred forms but the spirit had them in throes, lifting them off the ground. They would not escape via brute force tonight.

Luckily for Powder, relief was the greater emotion that swelled inside her, dampening the tremendous fear that roiled underneath. As she calmed, she could hear the Slider spirit call to her; it was staking claim to the pair of wolven souls. The teen held her breath, weighing out her options.

A heartbeat later, the Conduit made up her mind and disrobed. The young woman began to chant and dance in the mud, granting the great Slider spirit in the Lake to take what it would from the contract breaching wolves. She would allow it to feed upon them.

True, they would most likely survive the draining from the leeching spirit but the Slider spirit was very, very demanding. It would take more than its fill. Even if it meant taking lives of former allies. There would be repercussions that would rock the strained relations between the Witches and the Wolves. But there was no other way.

It had been well over a year since the Coven had spoken with the Pack.

It was time to see who truly stood shoulder to shoulder united against the oncoming Darkness in the Crypt.

WC: 560
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "CoCo" - Coral V | Enhanced Cybernetic Human | Former 'Vagrant' Mercenary
World and Plot: Cyberpunk/Crossworlds. Several beings from multiple realities are living/hiding in an old dirtbag apartment building.
Context: CoCo notices that she has been followed by some baddies looking for revenge.
BG Motivation: CoCo and her ongoing 'issues' with her former crimeboss employer.
Post Inspiration:
Even if it meant taking lives of former allies. There would be repercussions that would rock the strained relations between the Witches and the Wolves

"Right through my panties..."

coral.jpg
Okay so maybe it wasn't the best idea to get all up in their faces. That and breaking Handsome's neck in broad daylight was definitely going to attract some unwanted attention.

And so here she was yet again. Holed up in a ratty ass, rundown building. Engaged in a firefight where she was badly outnumbered. Clearly this was not Señor Carnagie's call. This was personal. It looked like Handsome had a sibling. But daaaaayaaaaam, how could she be even nastier than her brother? Meh. Whatever. CoCo would be doing this dimension or whatever the eff it was supposed to be a favour by making it prettier; one less ugly goon at a time.

Several shots rang out and just missed her neck and torso by inches. Damn these paper thin walls. So much for laying in wait to ambush them. Well, it seemed like it was time for Plan B. CoCo returned fire, making more holes into the wall. Then she leapt right through it.

Dust and debris kicked up, but the HUD in her lenses detected 4 baddies and-- Bang!! Bang!! Bang!! Bang!! -- down went 4 baddies.
"Ey!! Hear that, lady?! All head shots!! I'd do the same to you but not a miracle worker here! Lo siento, mi corazón, pero, I can't cure UGLEEEE--"

The Vagrant's Enhanced hearing caught an enraged screech from below. Without hesitation, she dove out through the doorway and into the stairwell. Less than a heartbeat later, ridiculous amounts of gunfire decimated the floor where she had last stood. Big boots thumped down hard on each landing she jumped upon, leather overcoat chasing behind her as she descended. Both hands reached into her pouches and started flinging metallic discs onto the stairwell walls. Gunfire hailed down from above, but Ms. Personality and The Goons could not manage to get a proper angle to shoot at her.

Just then keen ears caught the sound of pins being pulled from grenades. Lots of them. Damn.

Hazel-green eyes popped wide and she made the executive decision to leap straight down the gap between the stairs. MId fall, she pulled her overcoat tightly around her-- KA-BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOMBOOM!! --the shrapnel and debris were rendered non-lethal by the Vibra-Weaver lining in her coat. They did however, change the trajectory of her descent causing her to bounce off a railing. And another. And another. Ouch. And another.

Her right hand launched in desperation and caught the handle of a warped railing. The attatched re-inforced cord pulled taut and instantly halted her freefall.

"My turn... " CoCo groaned and coughed twice. "...You can suck it, lady..."

The HUD in her lenses showed several red dots blipping high up above her. Suddenly, the cords in her arm detatched and CoCo plummeted between stairs once more.

The blonde smirked.

"...Suck it right through my panties..."

The metallic discs detonated.

3 floors worth of stairwell above Ms. Personality and the Goons came crashing down ontop of them.

CoCo landed awkwardly after flailing for 25ft. She yelped out in pain as she bounced and rolled out the emergency door. Smoke, heated dust and debris vomitted out behind her.

Half-coughing, half-laughing the merc lay there on the concrete, braids splayed around her dirty face like tassels of the sun. Her lone good hand covered her glasses in full face-palm.

"¡Anda...! Thinkin' I just made up my new catch phrase..."

⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "KiKi" - Markina Lahadita Martinez Del Rios | Nice Badgirl | The Motorhead
World and Plot: Teens in a strange Retro-Futuristic 80's AU. There is a robot-building facility that always seems central to strange and unsettling things happening here in this little city in Colorado.
Context: KiKi is going to break up with her girlfriend and is just finding the courage to do so.
BG Motivation: Kiki and her gf are not spending enough time together making KiKi think the worst.
Post Inspiration:
They did however, change the trajectory of her descent causing her to bounce off a railing. And another. And another. Ouch. And another.

"Can't we just talk...?"

Vanessa-alexis.jpg
The purr of the rumbling engine. The rush of cool summer morning air. The hiss of the space between songs on the cassette tape.

KiKi was supposed to be the talkative one. Motorhead with a motor-mouth. But talking was the furthest thing from what she wanted to do right now. Another rough swallow. A nipping of white teeth on a lower lip. Several blinks from long lashed lids held back yet again that which desperately wanted to breach her emotional barriers.

Lit by the headlights, dark eyes caught the rhythm of the fleeting broken yellow line in the ashphalt. She focused on it to help steady her breathing. How long had it been since she looked over at NiNi? How long had it been since NiNi had said a single word? It did not matter. It was graduation: time to leave highschool behind, time to move on into the real world.

It was time for them to break up.

Not that KiKi wanted to mind you. My gosh, no, she loved Veronica with all her heart! But... But NiNi... oh gosh, NiNi was playing her! And she finally had proof.

"Okay... Pix... babe... are we over the silent treatment yet...? It's been like 20 minutes since-- Hold up. Babe. Are you... heeeeey. Hey now. Awwwww, Pix, why are you cry--"

"Cuz you CHEATIN' ON MEEEEE!!!"

KiKi slammed on the brakes. Both girls were thrown forward. Tires squealed and the convertible spun wildly out of control. Veronica screamed as she was tossed up from her seat. Only the tires on the driver's side touched the highway. KiKi had the steering wheel clutched tight in her hands but both feet were stomping madly on all pedals in random order. The remaining tires lifted up and they were going airborne. They were not going to just break up with each other. They were going to die together.

In mid-air, the muscle-car swooped around. Again. And again. And Again. With each revolution, the car's momentum slowed and it lowered closer to the ground. Finally, the convertible thudded gently into the tall grass yet both girls were still screaming loudly. Both field-tilling bots stared curiously down at the pair, green eyes lighting up their brown faces. Each bots' 4 giant hands released the muscle-car, seemed to shrug and they moved on, thudding away, continuing their robot duties in the high grass. On the speakers, Michael Jackson told it like it was.

♪♬... If they say why, why... Tell them that it's human nature...♪♬

The car's engine still purred along.

"S-saw necklace in bag. E-expensive. Who g-gave...?" unblinking, KiKi stared wide-eyed at the grass through the cracked windshield.

NiNi gulped, fumbled into her hand bag and retrieved it.

"B-babe. Open. R-read...." unblinking, she too stared wide-eyed at the grass. A headlight suddenly fizzled out.

Hands shaking very badly, KiKi opened up the locket. It was the most beautiful thing she ever read in her life. No wonder NiNi wasn't around. She was not cheating... just working another job. Bitter, salty waterfalls unleashed from her eyes.

"I-I'm soooooooo sorry... Babe... I'm sooooooo sorrrrrry..." shoulders rocked, body shook badly and she reached out to hold NiNi.

"Y-yeah... all good. I s-still love you... but babe... can't we just talk next time... huh?"

KiKi let out a hiccupping half-laugh, half-sob and nodded with dear life into her girlfriend's cheek.

WC: 561
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Halo" Haven Lorraine | Callsign: "DAMAGE" | Demonic Symbiote
World and Plot: Supersoldiers in a Dystopian Future. A group of revenge-fuelled supersoldiers are hired on by an enigmatic figure to take out Mega-Corps and their own brand of supersoldiers protecting their interests.
Context: Halo is meeting with her former managerial team trying to extract info from them.
BG Motivation: Halo was the scape-goat for the 'demon girl' scandal that rocked her former employer.
Post Inspiration:
Both field-tilling bots stared curiously down at the pair, green eyes lighting up their brown faces.

"Maybe I was wrong. Oops..."

Tough-girl-braids.jpg
This was not a message. This was a promise to whomever was next.

"Halo... H-Halo... listen. I had nothing to do with it... Nothing. D-Derringer!! Listen, it was h-him that..." the man's voice trailed away into babbles and murmurs as he heard his own voice on the recording and saw his smug face on the holo-screen.

"--no. Listen. The board has voted and I agree. We need to cut her loose. But not just that. Listen. I have set a plan in motion-- flawless at that-- that will expose Halo as the shameful villain and paint Disnet as poor, poor victim--"

Only the sound of the cold wind 201 floors above the city streets breached the silence between them. Her eyes were ice blue, oh, but the daggers she shot at him burned so fiery and deadly red hot. He gulped air several times, green eyes darting about wildly, searching for just the right retort a spin-doctor lawyer of his stature should spit out. Instead of a retort he let out a shrill squeal as the big woman relinquished an inch of length of his tie.

Halo was strong. Really, really strong. So he had no doubt she could dangle him over the balcony for days. His candycane striped tie, however, his faith in the fabric holding on for long was in serious doubts. Another screech he let out as another inch of said fabric was relinquished; his arms and legs flailed wildly.

The buzz and whirr of heavy calibre weaponry readjusting tickled at the big woman's ear. The green light of the targeting systems emanating from the defense drones doubled in number; it was like a light show made of green lasers all across the back of her head and neck. A smirk pulled up at her lips and a sublte head nod aimed towards the gun-bots she gave to the man the Mega-Corp called; 'Dr. No Problems.'

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire goddammit!!" spittle flew from his mouth and whipped away into the window of the floor below. Several sharp breaths he took before finally finding some semblance of calm, "Okay, okay, okay, okay.... Halo. Babe. Listen, so maybe I was wrong... okay? This should have been a private matter between us. I should have talked to you first... I was... wrong okay... I was wrong. I'm... I'm... I'm sorry okay? I. am. Sooooo. Sorry. Maybe I was wrong. Okay? Listen... Babe. It was an 'oops.' But mistakes happen--"

Ice blue eyes lit up into fiery orange. Correction; they exploded into an inferno of demonic fury. Automatic weapons of the drones opened fire with all intents of vapourizing the big woman's head from her body. But it was too late. She was no longer a woman. No, she was now 10 feet tall and 1001 pounds worth of writhing, whispering demonic black steel. The bullets ricocheted wildly off of her shadowless hide, several rounds hitting the drones themselves and several others shattering windows behind. An enormous claw dug into the shoulder of Dr. No Problems and lifted him up high. His mouth was wide open and his throat worked away, yet not a single sound escaped. No mortal should ever make eye contact with a demon of this magnitude.

Another hailstorm of automatic fire.

Oh, but she was more than just merely bulletproof.

He found the scream lost inside his throat as she leapt up off the balcony, a single hand clutching him like a ragdoll. Several drones continued to pursue the pair of falling targets, heavy machine gun fire directed squarely upon the Demonic Symbiote. But more importantly to her something else upon the drones was directed at them.

"We're sorry too. 'Babe.' I thought this was a private matter between us," the dual-voiced monster's other claw pointed at the shiny dark lenses attached to the drones upper hull, "but maybe we were wrong... Oops."

Back in the board room, in about 6 seconds from now, all official members would witness Dr. No Problems wet himself and be driven into the pavement from a swan dive 201 floors up via live feed from their very own Disnet drones.

"So... who's next--"

The feed died.

WC: 698
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Wolfsbane" Rahne Sinclair | Mutant Wolf-Shifter | Bounty Hunter
World and Plot: Interdimensional Bar for badasses in AU dystopian NYC. AU Rahne on the hunt for the being that has stolen the souls of her friends.
Context: Rahne returns to the spot where she failed before to free one of her friends.
BG Motivation: Rahne is driven by revenge to find this being because the soul of the love of her life, Dani, has supposedly been destroyed by it.
Post Inspiration:
Ice blue eyes lit up into fiery orange. Correction; they exploded into an inferno of demonic fury.

"After all this time..."

How old was she when she had last been here? Rahne was... 17 years old? Yeah. That's right. Back when they were all still together. And all alive.

The mutant's style had changed very, very much. And yet her face still looked as fresh as it did when she first arrived here. That was 13 years ago.

Yeah. Living in Limbo and jumping across Demi-plane one after another could mess up one's biology. And their X-gene too.

The petite pink-headed thing shifted, destroying all semblance of her badass attire. Immense maw aimed skyward, howling with primal fury.

---

Into several chunks was the blackened thing torn. Massive claws had ripped through the big tentacled monster, shredding the metal surface behind it. Another hole in another great landmark in NYC. Not that anyone would care anymore. NYC was bad in this dimension before. It was downright awful over a decade later. Rahne was probably doing Lady Liberty's fallen torch a favour; her devastating swipe erased the vulgar grafitti from the fallen famous landmark's metallic flame.

Several more shadow Rakers emerged from the darkness, smaller than the one near the torch yet very dangerous in large numbers. So of course a large number converged on her. Multitudes of thorny, whip-like appendages struck the mutant werewolf and wrapped around her neck. Thick black liquid discharged from their wicked thorns, injecting her the first time in over a decade. White took over her vision and nothing but whispers took over her ears. To a single knee she fell.

But that's as far as they would fell her. Rahne was stronger now. Enhanced. And pissed off. A savage howl she let out and jaws lit up red with the energy of Damnation. One right after the other she pulled them in and one right after the other she bit their goddamn'd heads off.

There was no stopping her. After all this time. After all the lies. After all the betrayal. She was here to do what she should have 7 years ago.

Great, big eyes ignited into burning reds. Great, big ears listened into the Beyond the here and now. Great, big Damnation-hued teeth tore open a hole in this NYC reality.

The naked blonde girl fell to ground, blue eyes wide and filled with confusion and fear. She scrambled away from the demonic wolf, pale body balled up in a fetal position by the mountainous trash heap.

Fiery red eyes ceased burning and her 12-ft roan frame shifted back into that of a small pale, petite, pink-headed girl. Rahne hunkered down, both hands in front of her, palms up. A soft, reassuring smile she shone towards the blonde as she moved in slowly. Green eyes met blue ones for the first time in years. The blonde leapt up and rushed the smaller naked girl, embracing her tight. Rahne returned the embrace with all her heart and soul. Tears and relief washed across both their faces.

"Illy... lass... Shhhhhhhhhh, it's okay. I'm here now... We're in other-NYC... We'll getcha to the bar, 'kay? They'll take care of us. Doncha' worry... we'll find your sword."

Illyana's sobbing stilled momentarily. She pulled back and locked eyes with her friend, "...and then we will murder every single last one of them."

Only the sound of heartbeats as they pressed their foreheads together. They would make good on that solemn vow.

WC: 561
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Tik-Talk" - Corki/Corinna-Kiana | Ability: Hellfire Manipulator | The Skater/Surfer Chick
World and Plot: 2020s The dawn of Superpowered people. Small handfuls of people have started showing signs of superhuman abilities and so black-ops gov't squads have incarcerated these Damned people, de-powered them and thrown away the key.
Context: Tik-Talk fails her tests on purpose and will now pay the price.
BG Motivation: She is an easy-going surfer/skater punk girlie NOT a monster that wants to burn down the world and destroy souls.
Post Inspiration:
After all this time. After all the lies. After all the betrayal. She was here to do what she should have 7 years ago.

"With Great Power...(Pt. I)"

Diana-Melison.jpg
The baton drove deep into her abdomen, knocking the wind right out of her.

Tik-Talk's knees buckled and she crumpled to the damp floor, holding her tummy with both hands. She rolled onto her side, gasping desperately, trying to catch her breath. But instead, she caught a boot to the face. The bottom row of her teeth ripped into the inside of her lip and not only was she leaking tears but blood now too.

"Hey... Mouth piece... stop talkin'..." the big blonde crawled towards the multi-coloured hair girl upon her bloodied elbows. Normally her voice would hold much disdain and condescension but as of now Talon seemed to be pleading.

The blonde took a boot to the mid-section and yelped. Not enough. A baton smashed her spine. Another cracked the back of her head. Talon stilled, groaning, before letting out an extended whimper.

"You should listen to Talli. But if not... Goddammit, I'm enjoying myself... Just like earlier this morning..." the taunting voice behind the skull-faced mask trickled away into soft, self-satisfied laughter.

"W-why...?" Tik-Talk sputtered, spat blood and surprisingly, she slid up the wall and up onto her feet again, "you f-finally offa your p-period, Smitty...? Hahahah--"

"Talkie...! Stop it! You just gonna get beat--" her red-headed friend, Tricks, took a baton across the face, the resounding crack echoing throughout the showeroom. The pair restraining him kicked him repeatedly until he hit the ground.

"Ohhhh, Tricky... Bruh. This ain't a beat down..." dark eyes trembled and shone. A downward glance. A failed attempt to withhold burning tears. A single steeling breath.

Despite the wetworks dark eyes rose, trembling, intense, neath a deeply etched scowl.
"Th-there's a reason we ain't s-seen Scent today..."

Tik-Talk sneered, white teeth lined with pinks, blood dripped down her chin, "Ey, Talon... g-girl... your s-sis... This morning... He t-took Scent... he took Scent into interro a-and he... Oh gosh, Talli...! Girl, I am sooooooo sorry...! Talli..! Talli, that asshole he showed me the recording of him and his goons pinning--"

Talon screeched her lungs out, rose and wildly rushed Smitty. He tripped her with ease. The blonde went flying across the tiles and skidded into the opposite wall. Bitter tears fell as she wailed loudly, both fists pounding the walls again and again and again.

"Like I said. Enjoying myself. Enjoyed her too. You want a play-by-play re-cap, Talon...? Hahahahahhah..."

Tricks slipped free from the guards and stumbled over to Talon. The redhead fell to his knees, and despite his injuries, he cradled the girl that tormented and bullied both he and Tik-Talk for months. Tears spilled unabated. He wept for all of them here. Tik-Talk was right. This was not a mere beat down.

No, this was a hit. The three of them were being 'culled.'

"D'awwww. Go join 'em, Hella... Your dumbass should have finished that trial. What happened to all o' yous here is her fault. We warned her. Last strike. Bitch, you out..."

Chin lowered in shame and self-pity, dripping with blood and tears, she shuffled over to the fallen pair--

"And what you made us do to that little girl, Hella... It's all on you."

Dead in her tracks she stopped. A dirty hand wiped at a bloody chin. Slowly, she turned to face their assailants.

"I. Loved. Her..."

Tik-Talk's hair began to ripple and float upward from her shoulders.

⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Mileena" | Tarkatan/Edenian Clone | Shang Tsung's Loyal Assassin
World and Plot: Multiverse Isekai Not-Suicide-Squad Plot. A group of super-powered people are knocked unconscious, abducted and transported to an otherworldly prison. A shadowy, disfigured man has set them up to 'take care' of his adversary in exhange for their freedoms... maybe since he has put explosive collars around their necks.
Context: Mileena's sister, Kitana has come from Outworld to take her away from this other dystopic world.
BG Motivation: The assassin has a vision placed in her head that she may be greater than the lot in life she has been given.
Post Inspiration:
"I. Loved. Her..."

"Your blood has no worth..."

Mileena-strut.gif
The immense explosion of mystical, blue soul energy cut a portal into this world and the pair of armoured females slid through.

Mileena stood, her back still facing the intruders. Sardonic laughter could not help but escape her throat,
"Hello... 'Sister...' "

A sniff. A glower. Both sais twirled as a wide and dangerous bloody grin sliced across her brown face, "Oh. You brought a friend... what a pleasant surprise..." Mileena turned, then slowly strut towards the lithe regal woman and her companion, sais lowered yet still gleaming at the ready. "...you and your minion are hardly a threat to me here. I have a new master now. And I will aid it to conquer this world and present it to father. Now. Kitana, dare to stop me and die just like the rest."

"And I know you do not want that to happen, Mileena," the blue clad woman removed her mask, revealing her truth and beauty, "and it will not. I am Kitana Khan. I rule now."

Mileena ceased her movements. Yellow eyes inspected Kitana. The assassin's jaw slackened. Those silver-lines in Kitana's proud eyes spoke true; 'her twin' was Empress of Outworld.

"Time to come home and join me... my sister," a heartbeat passed. Mileena dropped a sai. Kitana swallowed hard and blinked back her emotions even harder, "this other one will bear that collar in your stead. The Khan has so spoken. Come home to Outworld with me now..."

A smile. A real and heart melting smile when she said her name next, "...Mileena."

The hardened, murderous assassin rushed the new Khan of Outworld. But without violent intent. The other sai fell and so too did the tears.

The pair embraced each other as the promise was fulfilled. Once Kitana became ruler, she would fix the rift between them and accept her as family as long as Mileena dropped her weapons against Kitana.

Yet suddenly Mileena pulled away from her regal sister. Yellow eyes widened as she stared at the other who took her place. A gorgeous, gold-eyed, Edenian clone of Kitana's loveliness. In particular, she glared at the two scars on the left side of its neck.

Tracing the left side of her own neck, the assassin's dirty and bloodied hand trembled as she pressed where she too had very, very similar markings a lifetime ago.

In response, the attractive clone adjusted her armour, covering up those twin love-bites. Mileena clawed at her own temples. Only her true love, Tanya, could make such dainty yet passionate marks.

Mileena's lips began to quiver. She and Tanya vowed to have a child together. True love drove her to survive the treacherous ordeals of this world. But now... Mileena felt the full weight of being a clone.

She was replaceable.

"Your blood has no worth!!" rage and spittle struck the golden-eyed image of herself.

Shaking badly, she reached out and grasped both hands of her bewildered sister. Reuniting as family was not enough. Yet Mileena still smiled seeing her own reflection in Kitana's silver-lined eyes,
"And yours has redeemed me. This moment is ours as we had promised each other, sister..."

Indigo energy flashed. Mileena attempted one final time to teleport out of her collar. There was no warning beeping this time. It could not even be called an explosion.

"...together forever. I lov--"

It was the birth of an all-consuming black hole.

WC: 563
⬆️

Last edited:

Musings: After the second rainbow!!
Context: Just a bit of a write-up regarding the posts, charries and overall thoughts to wrap up the second rainbow set with the 550 Word Count challenge.
What's next: So that Billie Eilish live tune reeeeeeeally changed up the tone and upped the violence amirite? Darkness defo crept in and I enjoyed it lol. Also this set was the 'Real FC' Rainbow too. Thinking I'mma shoot for under 350 this next round as a challenge to be even more concise. And gunna do with some fast paced music to vibe on a more fleeting writing style.

After the Second Rainbow!!

- Powder - "There is no other way..."
This is actually a 3rd or 4th version of Powder. And no, she is not named after Netflix's Arcane lil' Powder. She's actually called that cuz her name is Spanish for gunpowder. But originally it was cuz of the colour of her fur. Yes, fur. We'll discuss that once I write for the original Powder. Now for the RP, she was supposed to be a bad girl Witch who was friends with a werewolf but the RP changed to Discord and me n' Discord hate each other so yeah... pfffft no go. So in this entry, I have take a loooooot of liberties to set up relations between Witches and Wolves. And actually I wanted to focus on her being abusive to her gf in the RP. Like not gratuitous, but still apparent and was hoping to arrange something with another RPers to address it and get Pow to change her ways. Oh, and fun fact, Powder's gf in this world is a modern version of KiKi who is featured later on in my Sequiter posts.
- CoCo - "Right through my panties..."
CoCo is an amalgam of the Original 'Damage' and another charrie named Corie. Both are big bruising blondes that love cars and both are from a cyberpunk world. For this version, Coral is Latina and more of an action star type with catch phrases living in a weird city. I was going to redo her all up again so I could drop her app off for a RP here but the RP never got past the interest check and so I never did up a proper CS for her. But like she's been ruminating in my mind for some time. Normally the big girls I portray are gruff and grumpy. I really wanted to play out CoCo cuz she is more like Deadpool; fun-loving, full of mouth, skill and a whoooooole lotta dumb luck too lol. I made up her new catchphrase for this entry too. And i love it but if you don't? Bruh. You can suck it... right through my panties lol
- KiKi - "Can't we just talk...?"
So this is my first accepted app here on RPN!! I really wanted this RP to work out. We had split the group up into Discord user and non-Discord users. We even had written out our charries thoughts on the others in the group. My girl was mouthy, drunk and loved cars! And she even had drama with her gf! And it was the 80's so gay was not okay lol. And! There was a robot making factory too! Ugh. Too bad. Anyways, I had a blast setting up her crew of low lives and losers too. Sighsssss... Hellraisers! Do whacha do!! So for this entry, I had the whole break up thing going on with a bit of surreal drama with heroic farm-bots lol. Fun. Oh and the modern version of KiKi is Powder's gf up a couple posts. Btw my modern KiKi fc is Brianna Hildebrand cuz hot gay girlie rrrrrawwwrrr!!! Oh!! And LiLi waaaaaaay up there in the first post started off as a 13 yo NPC lil' sis to this version of Markina.
- Halo - "Maybe I was wrong. Oops..."
Right. So I said I'd do only around 550 words for this rainbow... but I really needed this. I needed this one to just let it all go. Halo is the evolution of my 'Damage' charrie where she used to be a gentle giant, a sweet actress who tried to repress her powers/demons. Then she gets betrayed. And all hell breaks loose. Literally. This RP was the perfect vehicle for my charrie. The presmise was a revenge story in a dystopia with battling other superhuman types. But sadly, it died during the app stage. So she been in my head asking for a moment like this. And I gave it to her. 201 floors of falling down 'Damage.' The demons name by the way is the Devastator. Oh and another, basically the same but AU version of Damage is featured in Oxi's post waaaaaaay back up there!
- Rahne - "After all this time..."
Sooooo like yeah, the original idea for Some Kinda' Sequiter was meant to showcase only OC's buuuuuut, this aint the original idea lol. So to keep with this Rainbow theme of real fc's I went with Maisie from New Mutants. Cuz gay girlies hell yeah!! Like the chemistry between Maisie and Blue left much to be desired, but the concept of them together is amaaaaaazing. I never intended to ship Illy and Rahne together and I hope it don't come across as that. But I see them being the most intriguing for the revenge plot going on in my head. In the movie, Illyana is sooooooo badass and Rahne is like just... well she's just like an angry puppy lol. But for this AU Rahne I mixed her up by gaining some of the Demon Bears powers. Fun fact, I actually wrote future events for these two on another site.
- Tik-Talk - "With Great Power...(Pt. I)"
K so here is my first real cop out to get around the seldf-imposed Word Count limit. It was supposed to be a rainbow worth of posts of around 550 words right? And like I said, the Halo one, I just neeeeeeded to scratch that itch so it went to nearly 700 words. But this one I'mma do a few more entries thus this one being Part I. Cuz yeah, I reeeeeeeally like Corki. K fine. I'll admit it. She is a self-insert. She's very much like me and I'm very much like her, save for the rich, hot, pro-surfer/skater with big boobs aspects lol. Tricky and Talli are much like some of my friends. Scent is like a chick I crushed on soooooo badly in highschool/college. Mix in how Oxi and Damage talk to each other in the IC'ly posts and the cute, yet annoying mouthy charries I portray... you'll get a round about pic of BuggaBoo and her buds lol. Aaaaaaaaanyways, yeah, this one is kinda liiiiiiiike... a weird sorta therapeutic writing session to deal with a loooooot of negativity in my past. So yeah fite me I'mma still continue with parts 2,3,4,567 if I have to lol
- Mileena - "Your blood has no worth..."
K so here we go with another fandom charrie. I didn't know too much about Mortal Kombat except it was a video game that ripped people apart for special moves. Yuck. But I loved the movie!!! My gosh, Mileena is soooooo scary badass. She got the joker blood smile too. Upon reading up a bit more on Mortal Kombat, I loved the idea of cloning a monster assassin with her disney princess 'twin' sister lol. What's more is that I found out that the video game Mileena is gay and there's even a youtube vid with her having a baby with her partner... I'm guessing more of that cloning stuff but for a beautiful use and not to make more assassins. So for this entry I played on Mileena's family insecurity issues and AU'd it that Kitana is actually actively trying to become empress not just for herself but for her 'sister' too. They made a pact but it is undone with litereally explosive results when Mileena finds out that her partner is cheating on her with a newer and sexier cloned version of herself. The RP barely made it out of the gate but I always wanted Mileena to sacrifice herself in it. But in this entry... well, she just loses it and blows everything up.

K so I'mma plug the group version of the "ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅᴀ' ꜱᴇզᴜɪᴛᴇʀ" pseudo-RP I've launched. Like it is quite demanding, but still gunna see just in case anyone reading this wants to write with me in this 'Showcase your charries' BG, Inspired by Another!!' posting style!!

⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Ronni" - Veronica Hernandez| Cured Demon Vessel | Special Agent for the XTC.
World and Plot: Supernatural Beings in a Cyberpunk world. The majority of the world are bigoted in mind and policy against non-humans thus Supernaturals are fighting for equal rights as citizens of their respective countries.
Context: The Agent is hitting the street, out to get answers regarding her cousin.
BG Motivation: She is quite liberal with the law interpretation game. She believes she is the game afterall.
Post Inspiration:
Mileena turned, then slowly strut towards the lithe regal woman and her companion, sais lowered yet still gleaming at the ready.

"Have it your way then..."

Ronni2-1.jpg
"The way I see it you gots two options, Grippa... get back on your little-pussy-horsie and ride on outta here..." he licked his lips, grinned then held up his hand, fingers in a V-shape. He stuck his tongue between them as he tittered, "...or you can ride sumpin' else and I'll forget you harrassed me."

Big brown eyes remained dulled. And yet a smirk pulled up at the corner of her lips, "Well... there is another option, Mr. Bartholomew..."

The chrome that lined his teeth glinted in harsh neon lights. So did the rings on his fingers as he flippped her the bird. "You can't just shift and beat me down, hound. Angellic Heartstone leaves traces. Hah. Don't even bother."

The smirk faded, "You didn't let me finish, Mr. Bartholomew..."

Ronni sighed then reached up to press at the collar on her neck. The lights went out in the alley. All electronics within 250 ft of them went dummy... including all immediate surveillance equipment.

"Nice try, Grippa... but you can't get a confession outta me again. Whacha' wanna know about your cousin... hah. Can't intimidate me. XTC already know your 'Lights Out Beatdown' move. Bitch, ain't none o' dis gonna hold up in court."

"You never let me finish... Fine. Have it your way then..." Ronni let out a sharp whistle. From the fringes of the dark, multiple cigars lit up, "you remember Mr. Carnagie and his associates, no?"

The chrome cockiness of his smile vapourized. "Ey... eyyoooo... Grippa.. put me in custody..."

"Your confession got his bro an injection and his baby sis a double-life sentence..."

"Agent! Put me in custody! I'll talk, man! I'll TALK--"

"Can't. I need to find out the source of this power outage. Just gunna get back on 'my little-pussy-horsie' and ride away. But I'm sure some other nice people will help a lady get all the info a lady needs... one way or another..."

The seven associates allowed Agent Hernandez to pass then they formed a circle around Mr. Bartholomew.

"Hopefully the lights out don't take too long..."

WC: 348
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Buzzkill" - Ahmi / Ahvelina Michelle | Tech Assimilator | The Assault Mecha
World and Plot: Superhero Oppression. Vigilante group of supers break away from gov't restrictions upon 'Meta-Humans'. Without any ties, the group tries to covertly fight super-villains and off-earth threats.
Context: Ahmi is searching for her stolen Archangel Reactor Tech suit in a military facility whilst being pursued by some baddies.
BG Motivation: She used to go by another name as the leader of the now defunct Shadow-Ops group Aerial Prime.
Post Inspiration:
All electronics within 250 ft of them went dummy...

"Bitch, I am the GunMother..."

Gunmother-1.jpg
Several bolts of red energy punched holes through the garage door. Ahmi grimaced as she dove through what remained of the poor aluminum thing.

Rather ungraceful, yet still she managed to flop behind the work bench. A quick breath. Then, hissing and groaning, the big woman tore off the smoking remains of her abdominal armour.

Two humongous claws reached in after her and tore down the rest of the garage door. Ahmi drew her pistol and fired. Three bullets pierced the maw of the giant, shaggy monster known as the Great Render. Yes, the she-beast would speed-heal and just spit out the bullets, but at least that gave Ahmi some time to setup.

Four red plasma bolts decimated her cover. Gracefully this time, she rolled over to the double doors. Two gunshots shattered the door-windows. As she reached in to unlock the door from the inside, yet again she hissed and groaned, her bicep sliced open in the process. A red bolt hit her deadass'd centre in the back. Ahmi yelped and went sprawling into the main showcase area. Armour sizzling, smoke trailed in behind her.

"Give it up, Buzzkill..." giggled out Meltdown. The signature clip-clop sound of her goddamn'd fire-engine red heels echoed throughout the garage, "honey, you ain't nothing without the suit. Besides, ain't nothing powered up here. My boys took care of alllllll that... Last chance, hun. Come quietly... or come dead."

As predicted, Render spit out the bullets and in full screeching rage, she stormed the showroom. The towering beast paused. Big ears perked up. Snout tilted up to sniff out her prey.

"I don't need that suit. And I sure don't need electricity, Melty... " said Ahmi from behind two hulking sheets of canvas.

Both sheets fell. Render's yellow eyes popped open very, very wide, as if witnessing the revelation of a goddess.

"You think I'm just Buzzkill..." this was a showroom displaying new weaponry for military gunships. And Ahmi had each arm melded into such weaponry.

"...Bitch, I am the GunMother!!"

The thundering blasts of the twin 30mm guns were devastating. The results even more so.

WC: 347
⬆️

Last edited:

Character: "Daisie" - DA1-513-07 | Cyborg Symbiote | The Shadow
World and Plot: The Siren, Intergalactic Spaceship. Ragtag mercenaries of all different walks of life reconvene in search of employment both above and deep underneath galaxy laws.
Context: Daisie using her method of extracting precious information.
BG Motivation: The cyborg symbiote was originally designed as an assassin/Black-ops weapon.
Post Inspiration:
the big woman tore off the smoking remains of her abdominal armour.

"False positives..."

Daisee-Small.jpg
Vibrations from behind the stone ruins.

The huge pulse cannon on the back of the final guardian bot unleashed hell. Instantly the statue of the territory's founder was vaporized into nothing but sandy debris and clouds of dust. The quadriped's systems scanned for more movement, but the sticky tar-like substance the target had sprayed upon its sensors was wreaking havoc on its aim and any sort of visual tracking. Tremor sensors were still active, but the target was shrewd with its strategy and created multiple shockwaves causing false positives on its position.

And this latest tremor was yet another fake-out. The strategy was working; the bot's remaining weapon was nearly out of ammo.

"For the blood of Inagaris!! What the hell is that thing?! Kill it! Kill it already!!" screeched out the gold-skinned goblinoid curled up inside the cargospace of the 4-legged mech. The little thing had witnessed its entourage of protector bots eliminated one by one in the span of less than 10min.

<<Aerial support on your position in less than 3 min, sir-->>

"No! NOOOOOO!! You have 1 min!! Get over here now!! Or I have your head on a platter as soon--" the goblinoid screeched as an explosion violently shook the cargohold. The screen flashed blood red. The pulse cannon lost power. A second explosion rocked the guardian bot and all went black.

The sound of multiple things clicking onto the armoured belly hatch of the mech. Another explosion and it was blown wide open.

The goblinoid opened fire into the smoky gaping hole with all abandon until all its ammo was spent. Dead air. A shaky breath then:
"I don't know who you are, but let me live and I swear I'll give you anything you waAAAAAAAAHHHH!!"

Daisie's tail blade impaled the belly of the golden goblinoid lawyer. Another shriek as the black alloy spines lining her tail blossomed.

A hiss of static. A click,
"I want you to stay alive until my captain is finished interrogating you."

The cyborg symbiote extracted the target and like alloyed mercurial lightning she sprinted towards the rendevous point.

WC: 350
⬆️

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back