• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

liking the look of this?

• ya

• maybe

• nahhh get real

Results are only viewable after voting.

Plutoni

spin it!
"Whither is God?" he cried; "I will tell you. We have killed him -- you and I. All of us are his murderers. But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying, as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning? Do we hear nothing as yet of the noise of the gravediggers who are burying God? Do we smell nothing as yet of the divine decomposition? Gods, too, decompose. God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him."

The Madman
Nietzsche​

god's eyes.

PROLOGUE

Gods were born in those days, when warm, dark, simple blood ran through mankind's veins, before plasma and preservatives, before microplastics in the flesh saw us born, living, dying as something no longer entirely human.

Before the victory of science. Logic.

We live in the era of The Blinding. Mankind has contaminated the very heavens, now - mortal hand has penetrated the last sanctuary of the irrational and the divine, a realm overtaken, outpaced by the burning genius of its creations, the final victim beneath the crushing wheel of technological progress.

We cornered a dying god against the stars, last week, and we slaughtered it.

OVERVIEW

You were chosen at random as one of the first to trial this revolutionary surgical procedure in Dagmar Shen, the vast hypercity capital of the South-Western Orbit. It wasn't clear how they accessed your original booking, wherever in the SW-O you may have made it; if you asked, a polite redirect to their administrative branch was sent back. They assured you that not only would your travel costs be covered, but the procedure itself would be entirely free, as were the check-ins at six months, a year, two years and so on, and any complications - any complications at all - would be taken care of on the house. At the risk of putting yourself and your eye in the hands of experimental science, it was a remarkable deal, financially speaking. Maybe that's why you took it.

But that's why you're here, after all. Your eye. Perhaps you just wanted your vision corrected when you booked yourself in for the operation. They have lab-grown replacements for an easy, simple transplant, these days, whatever colour you'd like. Maybe you wanted some cybernetics fitted, a personal assistant for your busy schedule, or a technical implant so commonly favoured by engineers, pilots, soldiers and the like. Dagmar Shen's large military academy makes them a common sight around here. Specifics matter little; a new optical wing of one of the city's private hospitals has offered to pay your way through a cutting-edge procedure so new that no record yet exists, and you said yes.

They've already been sending you pills to ensure your body is acclimatised and won't reject their work. The week of them is up - you took the last one this morning, and this afternoon you touch down in Dagmar Shen's eastern port. You look forward to being free of their side effects, the chills, the headaches, the visual disturbances and the dreams - by God, the dreams - that they reassured you to be normal and expected.

They were honest about those, at least.

Your eye will be gone when you wake up, patient. Awaiting you instead is something beyond science. Something so horrible and so divine. Something that could well be the living flesh of the cosmos itself.

NOTES

Hey y'all! Please forgive how angsty this interest check is looking, I'm just a sucker for a bit of flavour text lmao. I was on a biblically accurate angels meme page the other day and the inspo I got from it has somehow turned into this mish-mash Lovecraftian, psychological-cosmic-horror-action-thriller! Please don't be scared by the hard sci-fi sound of it lols, I just love a bit of cyberpunk and world-building and figured this would be the most fun and flexible setting for my idea, so the space aspect can be engaged with as much or as little as we want, really.

I like the idea of combining like this hyper-technology future with the ideas of faith, divinity, cults and the irrational, like ancient human nature against science and progress kinda thing if that gives more of a clue as to what I'm getting at.

Light-speed travel is a thing and fairly commonplace, high-tech biomechanics are a thing, colonisation of many planets and systems is a thing, human population and culture has exploded, basically, so there's a lotta free rein in that regard. But! I want this RP to focus heavily around the characters and what they're gonna be going through far more than all that, so consider it more a backdrop lol. If you haven't already guessed or if I just haven't made it that clear (likely), our characters have all signed themselves up for what is, essentially, a free-ride eye procedure. The place is small, not well-documented and oddly military-looking, but they're already there, documents signed, so it's not enough to dissuade them from it now. But the surgeons have no intention of giving them the procedure they asked for, whatever that may be. Unknown to all but the scientists and the most clandestine upper echelons of the state, they're all patients in the trial of the fusion of a human body with tissue from the celestial body of a dead, many-eyed god.

So, the state has discovered that the divine is real and a lot of fuckery is about to happen. I want to start off with their messy escape from the facility, of course, the beginning of them banding together in the face of a dangerous and volatile new world, now each with an eye of a god in their head. But while this is gonna be quite an action-heavy storyline, I also want to get into the physical and mental changes that are gonna start to happen after the procedure. I'm gonna keep details under wraps for now while I check out if people are actually gonna be into this lol but I've deffo got quite a lot in the works (:

Anyways, I feel like I've rambled, so just lemme know if you're interested and I'll make the CS and we can get into character ideas!

RULES

❤︎ I'm gonna look for five* other people for this I think, and it won't be first come first served if there's more interest.

❤︎ BBCode isn't a requirement!

❤︎ I've debated whether to make this 18+ only due to the potential for medical gore (concerning eyes, mostly, but def not excessive), psychological issues and generally spooky sci-fi vibes, but I'm just gonna say use your own discretion! This RP will have a dark theme overall so please be aware of this beforehand, and please drop me a PM or something if you're worried about any particular triggers.

❤︎ I'm looking for multi-para responses (quality over quantity, of course), so I'd put this around a semi-advanced to advanced lit level.. But those labels are super vague, so essentially I want you to be comfortable with writing out some full-bodied interactions with nice detail, and be willing to really get into how your character would react to what's happening to them!

❤︎ Maybe like a once-per-week posting frequency? I'm flexible on upping or downing this depending on what people want, but basically I want this to be super chill. We're all here to have fun innit

❤︎ Pleassseeee please say if you lose interest or mojo or you get busy! You don't need to give any reason whatsoever if you don't want, genuinely no hard feelings, we've all been there. Waiting around for people who don't say if they're coming or going is one of the biggest killers of group RPs, I've found, so it's something I'd love to avoid. If you're struggling with writers block or mental health or just want more time that's absolutely fine! Just let me know (:

❤︎ Collabing is what makes stuff like this pop, so I'd love for people to get into it, and don't be shy about suggesting changes for stuff I've already put out there. Would love for people to have a think about what kind of directions, plot events or settings you'd like to see the characters go through, no matter how major or minor.

LINKS

IC ❤︎ LORE ❤︎ CS

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve ever been more sold on an rp idea. This is STUNNING work.

“We cornered a dying god against the stars, last week, and we slaughtered it.”

Like, WHAT. JEEZ. My heart is beating so fast right now. The vibes, the plot. Masterful. I am absolutely interested.

I don’t think I’ve ever been more sold on an rp idea. This is STUNNING work.

“We cornered a dying god against the stars, last week, and we slaughtered it.”

Like, WHAT. JEEZ. My heart is beating so fast right now. The vibes, the plot. Masterful. I am absolutely interested.
literally squealed reading this
super thrilled that you like it!!

Yes. 100 times yes. absolutely! I wasn't able to fully read and injest everything but I'm living for it. Already an idea for a character has formed so I'm hella interested! :D

i don't think i'll be joining but i just wanted to pop by and say how insanely good this interest check is?? (°ロ°) !
the vibes are immaculate and the writing is so, so good. from prologue to overview i was hooked. all the best for this, i hope it goes stellar ♡

omg i have never seen a lovecraft inspired rp before. pls i am SO interested this is incredible

so interested! love the premise, world-building, and incredible incredible prose ⭐_⭐ not sure if i have enough time for another rp but this is a masterpiece of an idea, serious props to you!

Oh my lord I’m fully weeping at y’all’s kind words, tysm everyone for your interest!! I’ll get a cs page up tomorrow I think and we can get cracking 😎

wow this is just top notch writing. consider me very interested, the premise is super intriguing!

I-ve-Looked-At-This-For-Five-Hours-Now-Banner-1.jpg

Count me in chief

Won't lie, kinda overwhelmed by how fkin lovely you lot are.. and I'm so glad y'all are interested!!!

bad wolf bad wolf seusha seusha Cosmic_Chaos Cosmic_Chaos RiverGamer RiverGamer sublimed sublimed Elucid Elucid Wandering Owl Wandering Owl lisbeth lisbeth reveriee reveriee forest fire forest fire FilthyMudblood FilthyMudblood Darth Darth Shadow Shadow plague rats plague rats idiot idiot AmbrosiaPuppy AmbrosiaPuppy Kovacs Kovacs barelythere barelythere
I think this is everyone who's expressed interest, I didn’t realise polls are actually anonymous though cuz I'm a dummy so I'm sorry if you only voted lmao. CS is up ↓

The lore is linked, it's mostly a skeleton rn though so I'll be working on that lol
I've also put a placeholder in the CS page but don't wait around for me to finish that! I'm debating ditching a character of my own and making it 5 slots cuz of the frankly unexpected amount of interest this has got but I'm gonna cross that bridge when I get to it yk?

I'll put a tentative closing date on the 9th of April? Lemme know if anyone wants more time (:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back