~

✨here's me trying to be cool ✨

tw for murder and sexual assault

cross my heart and hope to die.
  • you've probably never seen her. she's the kind to stay hidden whether she wants to or not; her starved form and dark eyes are easy to glance over, especially in the small town she grew up in. ignorance is bliss, after all. the only time she's visible is in her father's world of liquor and wandering hands and, unsurprisingly, those are the times she wishes she could melt into the weathered floorboards the most.
  • o mother, where art thou? she's used to the second glances and strange looks from the passerby that see her in the graveyard next to her mother's grave. she thinks it's because she looks like a freak, because that's all she is: a freak of nature, a mistake -when in fact it's only because she looks like the specters she chooses to sit amongst.
  • just let it end... she wishes her dad would kill her like he killed her mom. don't think about the blood don't think about the blood maybe that's why the boy who chooses to hang out with her always tells her she looks like she's seen a ghost. maybe that's why the girl she works at the diner with always tells her she looks like she's never seen sun. maybe it's a sign that she should just end everything, but then who is she to think she's important enough to warrant that sort of attention?
sooo i wasn't expecting the murder or the assault to happen but i started typing and it just...did? so yeah. i'm also thinking about her being able to see ghosts but idk if that fits with rp or not, or if anything i just wrote does. let me know i guess <3

✨here's me trying to be cool ✨

tw for murder and sexual assault

cross my heart and hope to die.
  • you've probably never seen her. she's the kind to stay hidden whether she wants to or not; her starved form and dark eyes are easy to glance over, especially in the small town she grew up in. ignorance is bliss, after all. the only time she's visible is in her father's world of liquor and wandering hands and, unsurprisingly, those are the times she wishes she could melt into the weathered floorboards the most.
  • o mother, where art thou? she's used to the second glances and strange looks from the passerby that see her in the graveyard next to her mother's grave. she thinks it's because she looks like a freak, because that's all she is: a freak of nature, a mistake -when in fact it's only because she looks like the specters she chooses to sit amongst.
  • just let it end... she wishes her dad would kill her like he killed her mom. don't think about the blood don't think about the blood maybe that's why the boy who chooses to hang out with her always tells her she looks like she's seen a ghost. maybe that's why the girl she works at the diner with always tells her she looks like she's never seen sun. maybe it's a sign that she should just end everything, but then who is she to think she's important enough to warrant that sort of attention?
sooo i wasn't expecting the murder or the assault to happen but i started typing and it just...did? so yeah. i'm also thinking about her being able to see ghosts but idk if that fits with rp or not, or if anything i just wrote does. let me know i guess <3
damn, now that is definitely channeling stephen king levels of horror

...thanks i think 🥲 i honestly feel like it's just a load of bull compared to everyone else's so i appreciate the compliment ❤️
i think we all feel our writing is not up to par at some points, or well, i know i do, but i'm not lying when i say i adore that so much!

ok but are you really a writer if you don't think everything you produce is god awful??? everyone's ideas are so so good, and i'm glad i'm not going to be the one who has to decide the final cast

Except... you're going to be the one. Sorry!

Eh, yes, I'll shoulder the burden of the final call... But y'all gonna suffer along, just a little. Once the current stage of the process is done and we move to PMs to have a little chat, everybody will give me their feedback on the blurbs and snippets of other participants. Just as if it was... you guessed it, a 1x1rp. Two potential rp partners talking about the story, their characters and other potential partners they would like to write with.
we didn't even start roleplaying and you're already pulling twists left and right on us...

i aint complaining though

Except... you're going to be the one. Sorry!

Eh, yes, I'll shoulder the burden of the final call... But y'all gonna suffer along, just a little. Once the current stage of the process is done and we move to PMs to have a little chat, everybody will give me their feedback on the blurbs and snippets of other participants. Just as if it was... you guessed it, a 1x1rp. Two potential rp partners talking about the story, their characters and other potential partners they would like to write with.
this is simultaneously a perfectionist's dream and worst nightmare oh my god. but having two main characters sounds fab! as such, would you like me to post both of them in the character thread, or just stick with one?

I sent the prompt to everybody (I think) but I also realized that... not every character would be driving a car (e.g. kids wouldn't, obviously). So if your character is one of those who wouldn't realistically find themselves in the type of situation I described, do not worry. Tomorrow I will send you an alternative prompt that will work for such characters too.

another reason, because they can speed. huehue.

i'm assuming we're just to write up an interaction and/or introductory post and send it to you in the pm??

(popping in from my seven hour drive to ask a quick question and then go back to driving)—what’s your envisioned due date for both the character and response blurbs?

mogy mogy banging out his character in only a couple of hours like:
6ED2EB48-4AEC-4055-8044-FA46D3ED3F93.jpeg

okay, okay- working on a face claim. between two: isabelle fuhrman or natalia dyer. thoughts? comments? for whatever reason the name lilly is sticking out to me, but that could change any second tbh.

edit: also thank you all for being so supportive about my idea dump <3

Last edited:
okay, okay- working on a face claim. between two: isabelle fuhrman or natalia dyer. thoughts? comments? for whatever reason the name lilly is sticking out to me, but that could change any second tbh.

edit: also thank you all for being so supportive about my idea dump <3
i absolutely love natalia dyer, and i feel like she'd fit amazingly for the character you have in mind! and the name lilly sounds very nice.. beckett could call her lil.

i think i'm gonna go with isabelle fuhrman- natalia dyer feels too safe. too 'pretty', i guess. not that isabelle fuhrman isn't pretty...you guys get what i mean, right? plus there's a few good gifs of isabelle working in a diner/food truck thing. like x and x.

had a change of concept for character background. went hard on da soccer/football aspect. character traits should stay the same mostly.

general premise now would be: didn't like it in lincolnville (she gay and wanderlust), left the town, ended up being successful and enjoying life/exploring her true self etc elsewhere. but partly due to her parents wanting to see her (thinking they're regretting not being so supportive of it, and wanting a share of this success as well + they haven't seen her physically in years) as well as a sense of wanting some closure for that chapter of her life (when she left initially, it was kind of sudden), she's making what should be her final visit home.

also noticed as i was about to finish it how similar this idea and the one that forest fire forest fire had are. which could actually work as some kind of character dynamic, given one of them was able to continue following her dreams, & the other had his tragically taken away. plus both were just star athletes/maybe popular in school.

Im not exactly sure, but I can kinda see Daniel lookin like Ed Sheeran
ed-sheeran-bio-net-worth-facts.jpg
nintchdbpict000308447685.jpg
Ed-Sheeran.jpg
To me Ed Sheeran looks like he's 40 and 20 at the same time.

hey everyone! sorry for my radio silence - just finally got settled into my new apartment (still very interested fyi! i just had to completely furnish it/buy cleaning stuff/assemble furniture, so it's been a very hectic few days). looking forward to catching up on everything and submitting my writing samples within the next day or two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back