Other 40K Warp/Psyker question

Steel Accord

One Thousand Club
So quick question for those deeper in the lore than myself. If a person is not born a psyker, can the Ruinous Powers or other forms of contact with the Warp grant such power?

Relatedly, is there a formal name for Chaos thaumaturgy such as summoning rituals or rites? Does one need to be a psyker for those to work?

What it boils down to is, if someone wasn't born a psyker nor was he a Space Marine or the like, could making a pact with the forces of Chaos grant him powers beyond turning into a ostrich-shark with his lungs replaced with chainsaws or something?

I guess anyone with even the slightest presence in the warp can be capable of it but psykers would probably be more practical into actually contacting the powers of the warp.

A normal human merely has a presence in the warp meaning it is a one way communication where with a psyker it works both ways like a two-way radio. That's what I can surmise. Cultists are lured by the whispers of chaos but to be granted powers you have to do something remarkable to warrant a chaos god's attention in the first place and only then it would take sorcery to the direct touch of the warp to taint an individual enough that they can accumulate the ability to conjure powers from the warp.

That is my understanding of it, but I could be very wrong. The Emperor Protects.

Cultists are lured by the whispers of chaos but to be granted powers you have to do something remarkable to warrant a chaos god's attention in the first place

Could that "something" be more ephemeral? Like say if they are a disillusioned member of the Ecclesiarchy who goes full Lorgar? Their immense piety and faith now in service to Chaos Undivided?

Yeah, you can turn into a psyker if the chaos gods pump you full of warp juice. Doesn't happen all the time though, I think.

I think summoning daemons is just called... summoning daemons. I'm not so sure if there's an authentic name for it.

And yeah, you could recieve blessings that aren't having bits of your bodies turn into tentaclesaws or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back