• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 40k Deathwatch: WAAAGH!!! Flashmaw (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I don't think the Grey Knights do the 'kill everyone and anyone who knows about us' thing anymore, and besides, it was the one- er, two times
Pretty sure this is standard inquisition procedure with most wars agaisnt daemons bar some very special examples like cadia. Many times they will send in penal legions to fight so that thery can kill them after to ensure no taint of chaos remains. Don't beleive the practice ever stopped.
Also the unfortuantely cannon story by Matt Ward whereby grey knights killed allied sister of battle because they learned they were resistant to the enemies abilities and so decided to cover their armour in sororitas blood to better foght the daemons. - that story still hurts my brain to this day :(

Are their accounts where grey knights also killed astartes to preserve the secret? I know dark angels have killed a squad of astartes or two from other chapter but very very rarely

Pretty sure this is standard inquisition procedure with most wars agaisnt daemons bar some very special examples like cadia. Many times they will send in penal legions to fight so that thery can kill them after to ensure no taint of chaos remains. Don't beleive the practice ever stopped.
Also the unfortuantely cannon story by Matt Ward whereby grey knights killed allied sister of battle because they learned they were resistant to the enemies abilities and so decided to cover their armour in sororitas blood to better foght the daemons. - that story still hurts my brain to this day :(

Are their accounts where grey knights also killed astartes to preserve the secret? I know dark angels have killed a squad of astartes or two from other chapter but very very rarely
God, that Ward story still gives me a headache.

But in regards to the second question, I don't know of any instance where Grey Knights killed fellow Astartes but I do remember that they were mind-scrubbed of any knowledge in regards to the Grey Knights existence. This may have fallen out of accepted canon though so grain of salt here.

God, that Ward story still gives me a headache.

But in regards to the second question, I don't know of any instance where Grey Knights killed fellow Astartes but I do remember that they were mind-scrubbed of any knowledge in regards to the Grey Knights existence. This may have fallen out of accepted canon though so grain of salt here.
I know about mind scrubbing so that does make sense, it was more the killing i was uncertain of. I beleive that when returning from deathwatch the standard procedure is to mindscrub astartes to wipe out mission knowledge as well leading to interesting situations. Can't remember source but pretty sure there was a ultramarine fighting nids who took down a carnifex with a few perfectly placed shots and didn't know how he knew where its weaknesses were XD

I dont think the deathwatch mindscrub astartes unless it is huge as the deathwstch is a great honor to help. If they sent every brother back with no memories of their time most chapters wpuld never send anyone as it is a volunteer thing. Heck it is such an honor that they keep the left engraved shoulder pad after they leave the deathwatch.

Assuming he had served with the deathwatch.

As to go there you tend to need your captain and apothecary and a chaplain all saying you are fit. This varies of course

Heck it is such an honor that they keep the left engraved shoulder pad after they leave the deathwatch.
A great honour to some chapters, I'd say. Space Wolves and Dark Angels spring to mind being against deathwatch due to its ties to the inquisition. Though of course, they'd still send a brother to the Deathwatch.

A great honour to some chapters, I'd say. Space Wolves and Dark Angels spring to mind being against deathwatch due to its ties to the inquisition. Though of course, they'd still send a brother to the Deathwatch.
Angel send them though with a vow of secrecy as for wolves who knows there are even chapters that treat it as punishment

Angel send them though with a vow of secrecy as for wolves who knows there are even chapters that treat it as punishment
Dark angels have vow of secrecy over everything and i love it. everytime sammaels jet bike breaks they "repair it" and before custodes return was thought to be one of the last jetbikes in active service, causing every adeptus mechanicus to quirk a metalic eyebrow at how they repaired something that was almost completely destroyed. Definitely just the one says the Dark angels ;)

Edited because realised sableclaw is the landspeeder not his jetbike :( Forgive me Sammael!!!

Last edited:
White Scars when someone says jetbikes:
9c5.jpg

Just a quick heads up. I am working on the intro post right now. For the leader of the kill-team, I think it makes sense that Austion is picked, given his chapter's long history of fighting orks I think it makes the most sense. What are everyone's thoughts and opinions?

Just a quick heads up. I am working on the intro post right now. For the leader of the kill-team, I think it makes sense that Austion is picked, given his chapter's long history of fighting orks I think it makes the most sense. What are everyone's thoughts and opinions?
Ultimately it would be up to the inquisitor to decide, and personally a marine from a minor chapter commanding marines from more 'famous' chapters may cause friction but that may actually invite interesting roleplay scenarios. Austion would try and defer it to someone else, but if pressured would humbly accept the promotion and do his best to lead his brothers abley as he could.

Berastos would have no complaints.

Posted, the most relevant part is the end where Berastos tells the others his thoughts and predictions about the deployment. Anything else is fluff.

Apologies for the massive radio silence, been busy these past few days preparing for exams. Will get one post up by the end of today or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back