• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 3 Story-Rich Original RP Prompts~!

Isolus

Lady of the Lexicon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Good day, morning, noon or night! As a writer, I put a lot of love and details into my stories and now I'm looking for someone who likes the same. Well thought out characters and plots only please, though new and fresh characters are certainly encouraged. All types of role-players - beginner, advanced and expert are also all welcomed! Do note that regardless of who my own primary character is, I enjoy be playing multiple characters and I encourage you to do the same as well! Just to clarify, these are just prompts, so things can be changed if needed. Have something you want to add? See something that just doesn't fit? Let's world build it together!

[1] - (CLOSED) The Valley Bane
Genres:
Dark Fantasy, Adventure/Quest, Horror, Romance
Optional Paring: Human!Princess x Werewolf!Prince
(This role-play is based loosely off Greek folklore on the legend of the Vrykolakas)

Short Version: A plague is turning a clan of werewolves into deadly, rabid, zombie-like beasts known as vrykolakas. Werewolf mercenaries are denied the cure, an enchanted wolfsbane, for their services in a war by a cowardly king. Determined to save his what's left of his clan, a young werewolf prince embarks on an odyssey for the wolfsbane and unwittingly befriends the king's only daughter, whose on her own quest to save her people.

Detailed Version: Prologue:
The creatures of the nights, the werewolves, were the stories of fear for the nearby kingdom, who with the use of powerful mages and warlocks these beasts at bay. Life, though solidary, was peaceful for both races for many generations.

In the early wisps of winter, a great war wages among the humans. A king in the north sieges their smaller, forest neighbor. The king of the western woods grows restless as they prepare for battle, knowing their own might pales in comparison to their enemies.

But true terror grips the hearts of the people when their werewolf neighbors break the borders and demand council with the king - Instead of a vow of war, a proposal of peace is spoken. A plague is ravaging their ranks and turning their kin into rabid abominations that the mountain men speak of as Vrykolakas
. The werewolves seek a peaceful deal. They are willing to sell their services against the enemy in exchange for a magical flower - an enchanted wolfsbane that is said to grow deep of the kingdom's valley.

Fearfully, and left with little option, the king agrees. The war is long. The losses are harrowing. But by the eve of the following winter, the woodland kingdom is victorious. Peace has returned to the forest kingdom. But when the werewolf mercenaries return from battle to retrieve their end of the bargain, they are met with hostility. The king, his mind tilted to madness by the war, denies them their request to pass through his land. Despite the werewolves' outrage, the king enlists the help of powerful mages and warlocks to banish them deep into the forest as it seems only strong magic could drive the night hounds back into the woods - And drove them back, it did. Back, but not away.

Slowly, the disease consumed the werewolves' numbers. And the magical barrier seems to only work on the living ones. Rumors of the zombie-like vrykolakas within the kingdom's spread. While the people hide in fear and desperate for salvation, their king locked himself and his only daughter away deep within the bowels of the castle where his madness began to consume him with each howl of the undead vrykolakas.

Present Day

Your OC (female) is the princess of the woods of the west. The only child of a strange and paranoid king, she's growm to be independent. Ever since her mother passed and the war ended, he's never been the same. Despite her father's absence from the kingdom, the cries of her people do not escape her ears and she searches for a way to save them.

Even the rumors of fearful beasts reached the princess' boarded up castle. Some call them "hell hounds" or "moon dogs", but there's a name that strikes fear into the hearts of the people. Vrykolakas. She hasn't seen them, at least not directly. She can only guess by screeches she hears in the dead of night that turns her blood to ice. But at least, the people seem safe during the day as strong light seems to drive these shadow creatures back into the forest.

She has tried reasoning with her father, but he never listens to anyone - The advisors, the captain of the royal guard, not even the head mage can get across to him. Why would she expect that he'd listen to his own daughter?

Sometimes, she takes walks in the open country to calm her nerves or ease her nervousness. It's a place where she's able to see the valley far away - colored sweet lavender by the wolfsbane that grows there. One night her life is changed when she travels too far to kingdom's borders and sees for herself the true horror of the Vrykolakas. Having been taught no way to fight back, she has to run and is nearly devoured... but when it seems her end is here, she is aided by an unlikely savior.

[2] - (OPEN) The Porcelain Rose
Genres:
Fantasy, Adventure/Quest, Romance
Optional Pairing: Cursed!Maiden x Bounty Hunter

Short Version: A maiden is born with a heart of diamond. Everything she touches turns to precious stone, so she wears gloves to channel her powers. Taken from her homeland as war bounty, she is posed like a doll by a greedy king. She's unwittingly saved by a bounty hunter who is paid to bring her to a rival to use as a sort of economic ransom on the enemy country. The two form a bond and the bounty hunter can't bring himself to sell her to the enemy, so he seeks the enchantress who set the curse of the maiden.

Detailed Version: Your OC (female) has always been different from the other girls. She's never understood why, but she has powers the likes none have seen - She can make ordinary things turn to diamonds and other precious stone. Though she has little control over her powers, as she's had no one to teach her how to channel them. So when she accidentally turns the entire pasture of sheep into diamond statues, her enraged relative decides she cannot deal with her anymore and abandons her (though not before she takes the diamond collections for herself).

She is taken in at a young age by the village's monastery where the nuns attempt to teach the girl the ways of self control. To help channel her powers, they make her enchanted gloves that are blessed with holy herbs and frankincense. When she wars them, she may touch without passing her curse least she accidentally turn a living soul into a diamond statue. The gloves bring her some comfort, but cannot take away the heavy weight a diamond heart leaves on her soul.

One day, an enemy kingdom attacks and the village falls. The monastery is burned to the ground. The maiden herself is almost killed in the attack but in a moment of fear, her powers escape and it's revealed that she is worth so much alive than dead. A true jewel. The king's most precious jewel. She's captured and is taken back to the kingdom in the east as war bounty. Years go by and she is paraded about by her new master, who manipulates her fear and distress as ways of building the palace treasury.

Hope comes in a mixed blessing when the king is nearly assassinated by a skilled mercenary, but instead of freeing her, the bounty hunter takes her prisoner. It's soon revealed that he is under the pay of a rival king, the brother in fact, who is seeking revenge and plans to use the girl with the diamond heart as a bargaining chip. The mercenary has simple instructions - Bring the girl to him.

Yet, despite the circumstances, the hardened hire finds something endearing about the maiden. It only seems to grow the more they are in each other's company and eventually, he realizes that he doesn't have the heart to deliver her into a life of slavery. And when they've have formed a bond that cannot be broken, the mercenary vows to find the witch who cursed her and break the curse of the porcelain rose.

[3] - (CLOSED) The Ancient Evil
Genres:
Fantasy, Adventure/Quest, Romance
Optional Paring: Maiden x Dark!King

Short Version: A beloved king magically shatters his heart to protect his subjects from a vengeful witch. Its spell saves the kingdom but corrupts the king and he flees into the forest. The shards of his heart are scattered throughout the land. One of the shards buries itself into a young maiden, who forms a strong bond with the fallen king through her dreams. The shard protects her from the witch and the maiden vows to collect the remaining heart shards to bring peace to the land.

Detailed Version: Prologue:
Long ago, the land came upon a kind and powerful king. It was said that on the day of his birth, the good witch of the willows gifted the young king in the ways of magic and it would be because of his magic that the land was prosperous. Through his power, the sun rose every day. The king aged with strength and kindness - he was just and humble and his people lived in peace for many years.

But one day, a great darkness overcame the land - a darkness so intoxicating that it threatened to devour the souls of his people. The darkness was brought upon by an evil spirit, a witch who sought revenge against the king and demanded a sacrifice. Against the good witch's advice, the gave the darkness the ultimate sacrifice. He used his magic shattered his own heart in shards, sealing away the darkness inside himself. This providing his kingdom a magical barrier and pushed the wicked witch from the kingdom's borders.

But it was too late for the young king. He became tormented by the evil inside him and without a heart to feel the love of his people, he succumbed to the black magic. He slowly began to lose what love and hope and kindness for his people. The king realized the deceit brought about by the wicked enchantress and pursued her along with his bravest warriors to end her.

But neither he or his men ever to return - nor did another sunrise.

Feeling the abandonment by his own people, the king's fear turns to anger and from his rage, the door opened for the darkness to take full transformation. The wicked witch had planned this all along - she had found a new host to feed her power off. With the wicked witch's soul inside of him, the king was overcome and transformed into a dark and dangerous lord feared by the people - a lord of shadows.

His land swiftly fell into desolation and into the hands of his advisers, who fought and bickered over the right to his throne. Rumors spread that the king met a terrible end in the land beyond the mountains, but none were brave enough to enter the forbidden forest. Those tried were driven away by the strange creatures of the forest, shadow beasts made of the blackest magic who guarded the forest's secrets.

News traveled to the people that the king was dead, slain by the evil Lord ho had marked his domain in the dark misty woods in the east. Many years passed by and the people grew to live in fear that the dark lord would one day fall upon their land again.

Yet, even though dark enchantress' plot had brought the reward she had anticipated, she knew that the dark magic could be broken if the king’s heart shards were recovered. And so she sent her spies to uncover the location of the heart shards throughout the land so that she can destroy the king’s heart permanently. And little did she know that one was buried so deep that not even her magic could pull it free. Upon hearing a prophecy of a savior who could recover these shards, she could do nothing but wait for this special child to be born so that she might finally end the golden king

Present Day:

Your OC (female) has had a repeating dream ever since she was a child. She dreams of a man whose clothes shone bright as gold and who wears a crown on his head that radiates in the glory of the sun. Her own family has not seen the sun, but she has. She sees it every night in her dreams. Every night, she has this dream of this strange man, who comforts her from the hard life she lives. He asks her to help him escape, saying that she is the only person who can. Little does she realize that she is getting these dreams because one of the king’s heart shards lies buried within herself. She bares a mark, the mark of the sun, an unusual birth mark she’s had since a babe.

The maiden lives in period of disharmony, where greedy power-hungry people are in a constant fight over power to the throne of an ancient king - a king that's become a old maid's tale. In the bickering over the kingdom, the rich remain rich and the poor struggle to survive another day. The land is a poor and dry landscape.

Her world is turned upside down when the kingdom is attacked, under siege and surrounded by shadowy creatures, tall shadow-like soldiers whose eyes carry the fire of the underworld. These warriors torment, pillage and kill, unable to be slain with any sword, bow or magic the citizens attempt to use to defend themselves.

It soon becomes clear that the darkness is back and it's demanding another sacrifice.

The lord of shadows issues his demands to the people, saying that he will cease any more attacks on the kingdom in exchange for one of their young maidens. But not any maiden - the maiden with the mark of the sun. She is to be given to him by the third night. If they refuse, he will water their land with blood.

Whether the heroine goes freely or by force, she finds herself in the infamous forest, the realm of the Lord of shadows. She is quickly brought to the dark lord who plans to harvest her heart in a ritual on the next full moon.
In her captivity, she befriends several of the shadow creatures. Some who seek an end to their torment, others who seek to return the king to his rightful state, etc. In her dreams, the king comforts her and he tells her that she has a very special gift, that she was given the mark for a reason, that the shard that lies inside her heart now has it’s purpose; to either free him or kill him.

If you've made it this far, congrats! I'm still quite new to this site, so you can either PM me or respond to this post of you are interested! Thank you for your time and I look forward to writing with you.

Last edited:
I'm an individual that's usually searching for motivation, so hopefully that doesn't deter you from wanting to roleplay with me. But your Ancient Evil story looks really cool! (Actually, I like all of them). I'd be willing to discuss and develop things more if you are; just let me know!

Isolus Isolus

I'm an individual that's usually searching for motivation, so hopefully that doesn't deter you from wanting to roleplay with me. But your Ancient Evil story looks really cool! (Actually, I like all of them). I'd be willing to discuss and develop things more if you are; just let me know!

Isolus Isolus

No worries! I'll shoot you a note and we can world build a bit to see if this is what you're looking for~

Hi! I am really interested in The Valley Bane story - werewolves are quite fun and the whole story itself is just very, very intriguing. Message me if you're interested in discussing The Valley Bane story with me? (:

Hi! I am really interested in The Valley Bane story - werewolves are quite fun and the whole story itself is just very, very intriguing. Message me if you're interested in discussing The Valley Bane story with me? (:

Yay! I'll shoot you a PM and we can talk about further details c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back