• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

3.5 Dungeons and Dragons Adventures [Main]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

TurtlexXxNation

Lady Turtle
Announcement
This is the Main thread for all In-Character Interaction for all Edition 3.5 adventures that will be DM'd by Turtle.
Find all Rules/Sign-Up information in the Character Log
Find Adventure Logs in the OOC thread

Party Configuration
Revyn Eillana (Ranger) GumGumChomp GumGumChomp
Zalaros (Monk) LucidSol LucidSol
Torvald Splitcrown (Barbarian) Jodyguru Jodyguru
Member 4
Member 5 (Optional)
Member 6 (Optional)​

Current Adventure & Character Level
The Sunless Citadel
Level One

|| [Character Log] || [OOC Thread] ||

Last edited:
Adventure Beginning
It was the tail end of spring, the warmth of summer pushing it's way into the land with the help of the winds. The rainy days were coming to an end, and the roads were finally beginning to dry after months of mud. Laborers, hired by gods know who, worked hard to flatten the long stretches of dirt that were marred heavily by hoof tracks and wheel ruts from the many who traveled down these paths. A small town lay quiet in this desolate area of land, miles of grass and gently rolling hills as far as the eye could see. Marred only by the Ashen Plain that lay to the east of this town, and the dark rift to the south that only a keen eye could spot from this distance. The New Road was quiet, not many travelers passing through Oakhurst this time of year. As the weeks would draw closer to Midsummer, that would certainly change.

You, simple yet extraordinary adventurer, now travel the New Road. Whispers of a wonderous fruit that could be found in Oakhurst and the drive to make a name for yourself is what pushes you down this road. Ahead, you see the town that is your target. Oakhurst, the place where this fruit allegedly originates. As you make your way, it is just past high noon when you finally reach the town. It is certainly small, compared to what you have seen in the world beyond this quiet place. Houses dot a small area, two or three farms you can count at the outer edges. Though it is the New Road and what surrounds it that draws your eye.

As you enter into the main part of Oakhurst, you come across a smithy, the large clouds of smoke and soot billowing into the sky. Heat radiates from the building and you can hear the distinct clang and clatter of someone hard at work. Just a ways ahead, a side road with a sign that is old and in need of care. Old Road is what the sign reads. Further, you see signs for a healer, and a general store. You can even spot a well that mars the center of the New Road as it passes through the town, and near it, one of the larger buildings in town that boasts a sign that reads, yes even from this distance, Ol' Boar Inn. The town extends further, though it is difficult to say how far or what could be located due to a bend in the road that hides the remainder of town.

What shall you do now?

A) Stop in the Smithy
B) Speak with the town's Healer
C) Go straight to the Inn
D) Go to the General Store

--The adventure will not further until all Party Members have gathered information and made a key decision. You do not have to "party up" at this time, as you will all arrive at a certain point at the same time. Make your introduction posts, and if you attempt to speak with any of the following listed NPCs, please tag me. (Also tag me if you explore beyond the Inn so I can place the proper descriptive texts)

-The Inn Keeper
-The Blacksmith
-The Healer
-The Store Keeper (General Store)

Character Image References:
barkeep_concept_by_martinpazromero-d7awa9x.png
f95cd6a66c817335b3ba7ba30482e799.jpg
4d4d020c1077a8008717d8ec092ac223--dwarf-blacksmith-blacksmith-character.jpg

Last edited:
[class name=stoneBackground] height: 440px; width: calc(100% + 17px); background: white; margin: auto; overflow: auto; [/class] [class name=stoneImage] height: 480px; width: 100%; background-image: url(https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0765/0807/products/Misty_Mountain_Wall_Mural_Mountain_Wall_Decal_large.png?v=1495142921); background-size: 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat; [/class] [class name=stoneHeader] margin: auto; padding: 5px; text-align: center; font-size: 50px; color: #1c3d41; [/class] [class name=stoneArrow] margin-top: 150px; text-align: center; font-size: 60px; color: #e2eae8; [/class] [class name=stoneContent] padding: 5px; color: #1c3d41; margin-top: -10px; [/class] [class name=stoneWrapper] margin: auto; overflow: hidden; width: 440px; [/class] [class name=stoneCredit] font-size: 10px; color: #426369; text-align: right; [/class] [div class=stoneWrapper][div class=stoneBackground][div class=stoneImage][div class=stoneHeader]
Revyn Eillana
[/div][div class=stoneArrow]⇟[/div][/div][div class=stoneHeader]
[/div][div class=stoneContent]Revyn grumbled as he stepped out of the carriage, rubbing his back "Jhaes cyrn sai poli, pastor. Air shyr cali shael jhaer shestia vodol pyrn ei pandryl'm shas." (Learn how to drive, dammit. It would have been less bumpy riding down a dragon's back.) Nonetheless, he tipped the driver, and headed into the town.

"Shaer... air taesalia air... cel." (Well... it certainly is... quaint.) he said, noticing the blacksmith. He needed a new rapier, as he left his old one behind when he left to go on a journey. It was a precious family heirloom, and he didn't trust the anyone, especially humans, not to steal it. Coughing and waving the smoke out of his face, he approached the blacksmith. "Hello, sir. Do you have a spare rapier on hand?" he asked, taking out his coin pouch. "I can pay."

TurtlexXxNation TurtlexXxNation
[/div][/div][div class=stoneCredit]Coded By || @StoneWolf18[/div][/div]

The Forge
A stout man, tall for a dwarf but short for a human, paused with hammer raised. A glowing strip of metal clamped against an anvil stood before him. He looked to the man who spoke to him, setting the hammer down. "One moment." He gruffed, lifting the glowing iron and shoving it back into the fire. He swiped his hands against his apron, knocking as much dust and soot off of them as he could muster before turning back to the elf. "This way." he said, walking further into his smith shop, away from the heat of the forge. They passed through a door that was heavy laden, the wall thick and black on the side facing the forge. Once beyond the door, the air cooled down and there was no trace of smoke. "Rapier, eh? That wha' you said?" he asked, as he approached several barrels laden with swords of many kinds. He picked out one particular barrel, and with a grunt, pulled it away from the others. "Here. Pick one with the right weight and shape for ya, and I'll sharpen its blade afore ya go." he said, patting the rim of the barrel. "We'll settle price af'er." he added.
GumGumChomp GumGumChomp

Last edited:
[class name=stoneBackground] height: 440px; width: calc(100% + 17px); background: white; margin: auto; overflow: auto; [/class] [class name=stoneImage] height: 480px; width: 100%; background-image: url(https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0765/0807/products/Misty_Mountain_Wall_Mural_Mountain_Wall_Decal_large.png?v=1495142921); background-size: 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat; [/class] [class name=stoneHeader] margin: auto; padding: 5px; text-align: center; font-size: 50px; color: #1c3d41; [/class] [class name=stoneArrow] margin-top: 150px; text-align: center; font-size: 60px; color: #e2eae8; [/class] [class name=stoneContent] padding: 5px; color: #1c3d41; margin-top: -10px; [/class] [class name=stoneWrapper] margin: auto; overflow: hidden; width: 440px; [/class] [class name=stoneCredit] font-size: 10px; color: #426369; text-align: right; [/class] [div class=stoneWrapper][div class=stoneBackground][div class=stoneImage][div class=stoneHeader]
Revyn Eillana
[/div][div class=stoneContent]Revyn tested out some of the rapiers, first checking for the point of balance. It didn't take too long for him to find a few with a balance he liked, mentioning that it's close to the guard, but not so close as to sacrifice all slicing power it might have.

Next was weight and length. He took the ones he selected, and compared them, trying to find a good combination. After a minute of thinking, he put all but one back into the barrel. He bended the sword in his hand, seemingly satisfied with the flexibility. Walking back to the dwarf, he presented his chosen rapier. "I will take this one. It is quite a fine sword."

Torvald's long travel from the snowy mountains led him down the New Road. He was simply brimming with clout and anguish over the razing of his village which turned him into a nomad on a personal quest for vengeance. He was told by another nomad that the New Road would lead him to others who'd help him find the one he held responsible, the bloody horseman with the black helmet and cape.

Entering Oakhurst, Torvald felt a touch out of place. This town was very different from his snow-draped village. Not only that, but the villagers wore much more modest clothing than he did, wearing his hide armor and little else. He desired to fit in with these folks, so he entered the general goods shop.

"Good man, I wish to buy clothing from you." Torvald spoke, but to the shopkeep it sounded like Torvald was shouting demands at him.

The Forge
With a glint to his eye, the dwarf looked at the chosen rapier, his chest swelling from the compliment. "Thank ye. Not many a' folk 'round here recognize good smithy work if it were a snake tha' bit 'em in the arse!" He bellowed with laughter as he took the sword from the elf. Leading the man through yet another door that lead to what appeared to be a store front. It was certainly cooler in this room, though still warmed from the nearby forge. More barrels of dull weapons and stacks of shields lined the walls. In one corner were the tools necessary for sharpening the weapons. A large whet stone wheel sat quietly, still slightly damp from a previous usage.

The Dwarf set to work quickly, skillfully sharpening the blade until it shone in the light. He tested the edge with single hair he plucked from his beard. Letting the coarse hair fall through the air, until it landed on the blade and sliced in half with no effort. Once he was satisfied, he rummaged around until he had located a sheath for the weapon. With blade protected, he offered it back toward the elf. "Might naught be Elven make, but it'll be th' best in these parts." he boasted friendly enough. "Fifteen gold, and she's yers." he offered, pricing high for the area as he didn't see many who wandered these parts. Hopefully, a good haggle would keep him from selling to low.

GumGumChomp GumGumChomp

The General Store
The store keeper, a small, gangly man, with grey in his hair that proved he was in his elder years, stood behind a counter. He was shifting items around on a shelf behind him when the sound of someone entering his store caught his attention. He turned, eyes landing on the newcomer as the large man came through the doorway. It was clear this man was a fighter of some sort. The old man's face was warm with welcome, though he was tense with unease for the moment. It wasn't often fighters from other lands came into his shop. He was indifferent, though slightly distrustful of strangers. He didn't know many, and the last stranger that came into his shop had been more of a rat than anything.

"Good day, sir. Clothing, is it?" he asked, his tone gentle and welcoming. He moved from behind the counter, toward a corner of his shop that seemed full with fabrics. He motioned for the customer to follow, "I keep all the clothing over here, though I'm not sure what sizes I have. My wife normally cares for that." he chuckled, waving a hand toward the stacks of fabric. "Tunics are there," he pointed, "You'll find breeches on that shelf," he continued, "And you'll need to see the Cobbler if you need shoes." he informed the newcomer. "My wife is a seamstress, if you find that any of them need adjusting to fit properly." he finished, waiting to let him look through the clothes of his own wishes.

Jodyguru Jodyguru

Torvald nodded and let out a heavy breath through his nostrils. He’d expected the man to hand him the clothing, but apparently he had to do It himself. He found a simple brown tunic that fit him alright but was tight in the chest area, and some black breeches with a belt. He got dressed right in front of the proprietor without a care for basic decency. He needed to know if it would fit of course.

“I have a great journey ahead and need sturdy boots. Does this man who cobbles have them as well?”

Revyn Eillana
[/div][div class=stoneContent]15 gold, eh? he thought to himself, and so began the haggling "I will admit, it is quite fine handiwork. I'm sure you spent much time on it, the quality shows. However, the price is far too high. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to cheat me." stated the elf, walking slowly around the merchant.

"I'll tell you what. With this new sword, I certainly won't have any use for this." he stated, pulling out his short sword that he had packed. It wasn't a masterpiece by any means of the word, and certainly wouldn't completely cover the cost of the rapier, but it was still clearly well kept. "How about a little trade? This and, say, eight gold, and you've got yourself a deal." he offered, holding out his bag of gold in one hand and the sword in the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back