• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 25th Annual Midnight County Fair

zippy

placeholder
[class=tabs]color: #fff; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; width: 550px; [/class]
[class=tab]cursor: pointer; margin: 4px; margin-top: 15px; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; width: 70px; background: #5A696B;[/class]
[class name=tab state=hover]color: #fff; background: #151610;[/class]
[script class=tab on=click]
hide tabsContent
set currentTab (getText)
if (eq ${currentTab} about) (show tabsContentabout)
if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentrules)
if (eq ${currentTab} places) (show tabsContentplaces)
if (eq ${currentTab} roles) (show tabsContentroles)
if (eq ${currentTab} links) (show tabsContentlinks)
[/script]

[div class=tabs][div class=tab]about
[div class=tab]rules
[div class=tab]places[/div][div class=tab]roles[/div][div class=tab]links[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentabout"]
20th Annual Midnight County Fair
chris'coding
The town of Midnight has always been a bit of an odd place. One that attracts the strangest of people, and an oppressive veil of secrecy that covers every move. Tucked away in the quietest corner of Colorado, there aren't many strangers who stumble across it. Decently sized enough to not feel like you're holding hands with your neighbor, but still small enough to know everyone and their kids. Small enough to know all the... odd rules. Rules that even the most daring and rebellious kids wouldn't break. Whether or not they believed the urban legends was a different story.

The Midnight County Fair is an event that is always looked forward to by the locals. Every summer the fair comes to town, setting up for two weeks and providing plenty of cheer and fun to teens who may be bored my their otherwise monotonous lives. A little old-fashioned and rundown, the fair has it's charms but also a strange aesthetic. The one place in town with no rules, it's no surprise that the youth are drawn to it. Well... one rule. A strict curfew at midnight. One that people have joked about breaking but none have. At least not until this summer.

Cameron Bayley, a crucial member in your close-knit group of 7 friends. He's always been quite the dare devil. On the first day of the last week, you all dare him to stay behind after curfew. No one actually expected him to do it but it's been a full week sense you've seen him. So on the last day of the fair your little band of friends stays after midnight. But are you guys paranoid or did that ride just start on its own? You swear that animatronic wasn't looking at you before. And you're having a nagging feeling that someone, or something, is watching your every move.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrules" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
sorry but rules are a necessity:
  • questions: definitely feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the plot. i am probably the least intimidating person on the planet and i will try my best to answer any and every question you may have
  • cast size: for purposes of organization (and the fact that this is my first attempt at running a group rp) i will keep the cast very small. Only looking for 5 other player, may be flexible and accept more but this is where i want to stay
  • characters: i was going to, but i decided against creating very basic character archetypes to give y'all the most freedom. that being said, please be aware of the personalities of other members when you apply. i don't want 6 badass, scared of nothing characters. also this is meant to be a fairly close-knit group of friends so perhaps your loner character wouldn't fit too well here (of course, feel free to try it. i'll read all the characters thoroughly)
  • writing: i intend for this to be a bit of an atmospheric horror roleplay so all members should be able to contribute to the atmosphere. this means i am looking for writers on the detailed side as opposed to the casual side
  • the length: because of the above i will be expecting a minimum of 2 paragraphs (or 250 words). more is definitely welcome
  • the activity: unsure of this as of right now. i plan to run this roleplay using a chapter format where each player will be required to post at least once per chapter. the length of each chapter will be discussed ooc once a group is picked, but with the detail requirement in mind each chapter will last at least one week (so one reply per week minimum but more is welcome... just don't spam and keep 2 or 3 replies in between your last)
  • spots: as there are a small number of spots I will not make this first come first serve. don't be discouraged if there are people who have applied before you. also as mentioned, i am willing to drum up one or two more spots if characters are just that compelling
  • god modding: feel free to add to the roleplay's atmosphere. feel free to have your character react to something in the environment. do not control anyone else's character. do not have things in the environment attack other people's characters
  • lastly: obviously, follow all RPN rules. and please enjoy. this is my first baby. can't have people not having fun!
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentplaces" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding

ferris wheel
located in the center of the fairground the ferris wheel is the center attraction for couples and daring kids alike

carousel
a bit run down, sure. but the carousel is a classic and still holds it's own when it comes to pulling in the customers

house of mirrors
looking for some goofy fun with friends? look no further! the house of mirrors warps and distorts, fun for all ages

king of the hammer
want to test your strength? come on over and give it a whack! and be sure to give the finger to the damn robot clown that laughs when you don't even measure as strong as your mother

bumper cars
it's all fun and games until someone bumps you. don't just sit there, show 'em who's boss

more to come
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentroles" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding
accepted character will be here. ideally 3 males and 3 females but since romance is not the focus at all it doesn't matter so much

males
character | faceclaim | username |

females
character | faceclaim | username |
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlinks" style="display: none;"]
chris'coding

main | cast | ooc
[/div][/div][/div]

Plot
The town of Midnight has always been a bit of an odd place. One that attracts the strangest of people, and an oppressive veil of secrecy that covers every move. Tucked away in the quietest corner of Colorado, there aren't many strangers who stumble across it. Decently sized enough to not feel like you're holding hands with your neighbor, but still small enough to know everyone and their kids. Small enough to know all the... odd rules. Rules that even the most daring and rebellious kids wouldn't break. Whether or not they believed the urban legends was a different story.

The Midnight County Fair is an event that is always looked forward to by the locals. Every summer the fair comes to town, setting up for two weeks and providing plenty of cheer and fun to teens who may be bored my their otherwise monotonous lives. A little old-fashioned and rundown, the fair has it's charms but also a strange aesthetic. The one place in town with no rules, it's no surprise that the youth are drawn to it. Well... one rule. A strict curfew at midnight. One that people have joked about breaking but none have. At least not until this summer.

Cameron Bayley, a crucial member in your close-knit group of 7 friends. He's always been quite the dare devil. On the first day of the last week, you all dare him to stay behind after curfew. No one actually expected him to do it but it's been a full week sense you've seen him. So on the last day of the fair your little band of friends stays after midnight. But are you guys paranoid or did that ride just start on its own? You swear that animatronic wasn't looking at you before. And you're having a nagging feeling that someone, or something, is watching your every move.

Rules
questions: definitely feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the plot. i am probably the least intimidating person on the planet and i will try my best to answer any and every question you may have

cast size: for purposes of organization (and the fact that this is my first attempt at running a group rp) i will keep the cast very small. Only looking for 5 other player, may be flexible and accept more but this is where i want to stay

characters: i was going to, but i decided against creating very basic character archetypes to give y'all the most freedom. that being said, please be aware of the personalities of other members when you apply. i don't want 6 badass, scared of nothing characters. also this is meant to be a fairly close-knit group of friends so perhaps your loner character wouldn't fit too well here (of course, feel free to try it. i'll read all the characters thoroughly)

writing: i intend for this to be a bit of an atmospheric horror roleplay so all members should be able to contribute to the atmosphere. this means i am looking for writers on the detailed side as opposed to the casual side
the length: because of the above i will be expecting a minimum of 2 paragraphs (or 250 words). more is definitely welcome

the activity: unsure of this as of right now. i plan to run this roleplay using a chapter format where each player will be required to post at least once per chapter. the length of each chapter will be discussed ooc once a group is picked, but with the detail requirement in mind each chapter will last at least one week (so one reply per week minimum but more is welcome... just don't spam and keep 2 or 3 replies in between your last)

spots: as there are a small number of spots I will not make this first come first serve. don't be discouraged if there are people who have applied before you. also as mentioned, i am willing to drum up one or two more spots if characters are just that compelling

god modding: feel free to add to the roleplay's atmosphere. feel free to have your character react to something in the environment. do not control anyone else's character. do not have things in the environment attack other people's characters

lastly: obviously, follow all RPN rules. and please enjoy. this is my first baby. can't have people not having fun!

Last edited:
I haven't done a realistic/modern RP on here for about five years, but this seems like an interesting opportunity to try something new! :D

To all who have expressed interest, I'll likely get the character page up sometime later today. To anyone on mobile, I've added the plot and rules below the code in a spoiler (mobile friendly gang)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back