• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 24 Hours [Main]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
black-celebrity-girls-generation-hair-Favim.com-3073757.png
Victoria Tran
Interactions: Iris JustAlexandra JustAlexandra

Victoria noticed the younger woman looking at her gun. Honestly, the older woman didn't blame the young lady for being reluctant on trusting her. The Purge was just beginning and she was right, Vic could easily kill her right now, on the spot. Victoria may have been a reckless driver and a street racer, but she was not a monster. Her heart sank when the girl said that she was trying to get to her Father. She then holstered her gun, not wanting the girl to think that she was gonna kill her. "Fifteen minutes...Sure. I can take you there. Easy. If you continue on foot, someone's gonna ambush you, but I can protect you. My car is bulletproof."

The older woman sighed when the young lady asked how she could even trust her, before mentioning torture, prompting Victoria to grimace. "I wouldn't do that. My current priority is protecting my sisters and my cousin. My younger sister is pregnant and I just want to find a safe place where she can wait out the purge or give birth without having to worry about getting shot and killed...or putting her soon-to-be-born child in danger. So...its now or never. Do you trust me?" She asked, offering a handshake.

Iris looked warily at her hand. It wasn't a good idea, but what was, at this point? Running the miles and time it took to her fathers was a horrible idea, and she knew it. Now it wasn't her only choice. She had almost nothing to protect her against that gun, but what were her chances making it on foot? It seemed more likely that this woman might not kill her than the chance that she wont die getting to her fathers by herself. This woman was offering to take her there, and if her sister really was pregnant... well maybe she could do some good. She shook the womans hand, not totally convinced about her choice but figuring she had a high chance of dying today one way or another.

"If your sister is going to have a baby... I might be able to help," she said, wondering if she'd regret the words. She'd never told anyone else about the safehouse, but a pregnant woman. Well, her father would surely make an exception for that, right? She would, but that wasn't saying much. Her father was kind for the most part, but the purge changed everyone. It could be worth asking. "If you want it, I might be able to get her to a safe place, safer than what you may have. People who could help, too."

Aelinore Cane

tenor.gif

Soft music played played under the tapping of keys on a keyboard. Ellie sat dedicated at her computer, eyes fixated on the screen in front of her. The light bounced off of her pale skin, her teeth digging into her bottom lip as she concentrated. She was busy looking through files of the last Purge. She always spent time looking for anomalies from last year’s event and the year before. She also took the time look for benefactors, people and organizations that not only gave to fund the Purge, but also gained a profit off of it.

She was so wrapped up in her work, she didn’t immediately hear the siren sound off. When it did finally register, she looked up from her work with a puzzled look on her face. Her brows furrowed as she stood up, swift movement taking her through the darkened room and to the window. With a pinky, she raised up one of the shades and peered out. Already there was chaos below her. Cars stopped and people got out, moving to attack whoever they could.

A sharp breath escaped through her teeth as she let the blind fall back down. “So, they’re playing a new game, are they?” She mumbled to herself as she turned on the light. Most of her apartment was filled with things that helped her during the Purge or helped her throughout the rest of the year. Maps and documents were pinned to the walls, gadgets were strewn about, all little products she was working on to disrupt signals, effect glass and surfaces, among other small things. Weapons were strewn about as well as the gear she actively wore. She quickly changed into her Purge outfit and strapped as much as she physically could to her body. Her customary blades strapped to her back, arms and sides, a pack that held medical supplies, as well as a handful of her gadgets. She even added a couple hand guns this year, tucked in between the folds of her clothes.

It took more than she would have liked to finish her technological elements together. She had been making minor changes to even the most basic of items she brought with her and she had to take time to piece everything back together. If she was as unprepared as this, hopefully everyone else was as well. She even went as far as to hope that maybe she wouldn’t even need them, but she doubted that.

When she was finally finished, she was loaded up and ready to go. She moved to the kitchen and filled up her bottle of water and strapped it to her back. She grabbed an additional disposable bottle of water and a protein bar as she headed to the door. She didn’t leave it, though. Instead she secured the locks on it, from which there are several. She rushed to a the window in her bedroom and quickly climbed through it. It was close to a fire escape, but it took some maneuvering to get to. She edged herself along the ledge, her arms spread out wide for balance.

As soon as she got to the stairs, she jumped down and dashed down the stairs. She wasn’t surprised to see that chaos was already in full swing. From the alley she could see smoke billowing from around the corner and could hear a multitude of voices. Her boots hit the ground and she immediately started running to the entrance. Her eyes were downcast, a hand reaching into her pack to pull out her tablet, that was constantly linked to her computer back home.

As such, she didn’t see the group of people walked by and promptly ran into one of them, which sent her sprawling to the ground. She was strange looking for sure. She almost looked like a heavily armed military member with all her garb and yet she wasn’t. She wore small and almost discernible patches that showed she was both a medic and someone who disapproved of the Purge. Immediately a hand yanked out a gun and pointed it at the figure, whoever it was as she regained her senses. By the time she looked up, she saw one of her neighbors and her nieces, although they were with a stranger. She immediately stood up, her gun never wavering in her grip.

Eviee… Is everything okay?” Her voice was level and calm. She could see the trio was panicked, especially the young girls. One of them was even too wounded to walk. “You need help with anything?”

coding by cychotic

sebastion "lars"
[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
with: eviee and the girls , aelinore
[ Valkyriesm Valkyriesm , Gomenesigh Gomenesigh ]
"Eviee… Is everything okay? You need help with anything?”

At hearing the sound of another female voice, Lars turned around to eye the woman.

"What is it with you women handling a gun and not shooting?" He commented, exasperatedly annoyed. Lars didn't have all day to babysit nor watch out for other people's baggage.

Cocking his head to the side, Lars rose a brow, staring down the other female, gun in her hand. Looking up and down the woman's attire, Lars let out a crooked smile, slightly amused by her garbs. Nevertheless, Lars took a moment to adjust the girl in his arms, shaking his head as he looked down. He hissed slightly, seeing that his shirt was already drenched in another's blood.

"If your equipment isn't just for show, I suggest you come and help Evie and her sisters." He remarked before climbing up the set of stairs to gently place the girl in his arms down on the cement.

"The wound may have slowly stopped, but if not treated, it'll get infected. That being said," He slowly stood up, walking down the stairs before he stepped forward towards the other woman, keeping a few feet distance. Noticing an emblem or sort on her attire, Lars chuckled, shaking his head. "They owe me weapons. A deal is a deal. I got them this far and if you are honest folks. Give what is due."

However, at the sound of car screeching and tires burning against the cement, Lars turned his attention around. A window was thrown out of an apartment and fire starting on the other side from god knows what. But the smell of gasoline and the static sounds of the streetlights implicated his concerns even more.

A leakage.

Lars noticed a mob of angry folks, set on murdering on one side and on the other holding weapons of their own. Lars hissed slightly to himself, not wanting to be involved in an all-out "gang" war that would incur the wrath of both parties. Gritting his teeth, he didn't want to be in the centre of an explosion waiting to happen and turned to look at the girls.

"Hurry."
[/div][/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scroll

Aelinore Cane

tumblr_mjyxmpT4bE1ryhbdbo2_250.jpg

Ellie instantly scoffed at the man.”Just because I didn’t use it immediately, doesn’t mean I won’t use it period.” Which was both a lie and the truth. She hated violence on all accounts and would only use a weapon in a last case scenario. Either way, she still didn’t trust the man in front of her. He didn’t seem the type of person to do something out of the goodness of his heart and she wasn’t about to lower her guard around someone who had ulterior and probably bad motives.

She stared at him through narrowed eyes, her gun still pointed at him even as he walked the three to the steps of the apartment. Her eyes drifted to the girl’s leg and could see it was only getting worse. She waited until the man had walked down the steps before moving forward and momentarily ignored him. She moved herself around the man and positioned herself in a way that she could work on the girl and keep an eye on the man. She knelt down, temporarily putting the gun in her boot so she worked. She shrugged out of her pack and unzipped one of the many pockets. Out she pulled a needle and a small vial. She quickly filled it and with a soft voice spoke to the child. “This is going to help with the pain, okay? It’s going to hurt for just a moment, but only like a little mosquito bite and then you won’t feel a thing.”

Without giving the girl a time to respond or protest, she stuck the needle in her leg and injected the local anesthetic. She stuck the vial back in her bag, but put the needle on the ground to throw in the nearest trash can when she got the chance. She then pulled out a couple bandages, a small cloth, unhooked her bottle of water, and pulled out another small pack.

“Why, pray tell, should they be honorable? Especially on this most unexpected Purge day? I’m sure you will manage.” Her voice was calm still and her eyes momentarily flicked in his direction as she stripped the wound of the cloth that had been used as a temporary measure. Clever. She assumed it was the work of the man. She turned her attention back as she drizzled the water over the wound. It would be good and numb by now. As soon as it was clean, she properly dressed it with the bandage before grabbing the package and standing up.

She turned to Eviee and pressed the package into her hands. “There’s an extra bandage in there as well as a sewing kit. Don’t be alarmed by it. Only use it if necessary. If the bleeding doesn’t stop in a couple hours, you’ll have to sew it up. But, it looks like it’ll be okay. Just keep it clean. Now, get inside and lock up. You remember what to do, yeah?”

She nodded to the woman before grabbing her pack and strapping it back on. She turned her attention to the man now, putting herself in between him and the trio behind her as she strapped her water bottle back on. “Now, I’m not about to hand over any of my weapons and I won’t let you take what little they have.” Her eyes flicked to the mob that was only getting bigger with every passing moment. “Instead, there is a weapon supply store about 5 minutes away. I can show you the way and you can take whatever you want. Deal?” Her eyes finally shifted back to him as she crossed her arms. “Hurry.” She couldn’t help but smirk.

coding by cychotic

RepulsiveBlissfulEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricted.gif

L U C Y

"I'll survive. Somehow I always do.”

For a moment, Lucy thought that the redhead didn't want to share her name. Which, Lucy couldn't really blame her for. You couldn't trust anyone around here, especially during the Purge. She'd also noticed how, when the gunshot rang out, the other woman hadn't even flinched. Lucy couldn't imagine a life where she grew used to the sound of gunshots, of people dying. Despite the fact that the purge had been a thing for as long as she could remember, she'd never gotten used to the sounds.

They had gotten a good distance before the other woman spoke, almost surprising Lucy. Glancing over at her companion, she offered her a small smile. Mackenzie. It suited her. She didn't say anything else, focusing back on the task at hand. The shelter. "I know you're not pregnant-- or, at least, I think you're not-- but if you need a place to stay..." She trailed off, wondering what the hell she was doing. Pursing her lips, she finished her sentence, her voice a bit quieter. "The shelter is open to all."

They rounded a corner and more gunshots rang out. Lucy sidestepped a little closer to Mackenzie, hating all of this. When asked about landmarks, she paused, thinking back to what she knew. "There's usually a light. It's a multi-story building, with a light on the top floor. If for some reason it's been shot out, there is another sign. A broken bench, just outside the door. No one messes with it because, well, it's already broken." She started looking around for either the light or the bench.

"They say it's unsafe only if no one answers when you knock." She added as an afterthought.

Spotting the broken bench ahead, Lucy pointed. "There!"

mentions: Mackenzie || with: Mackenzie ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ) || location: on the street

black-celebrity-girls-generation-hair-Favim.com-3073757.png
Victoria Tran

The other woman seemed rather hesitant. Not that Victoria really blamed her. In the distance, she could hear gunfire, but there were no signs of the SUV being hit. If anything, Valerie was probably just keeping watch while Jessica was keeping Vivian from getting too stressed out so that the poor girl doesn't get stressed into labor, something that Victoria was rather afraid of. The idea of giving birth in a car did make her shutter, mainly because it was unsanitary and she felt like the car wasn't all that clean and didn't want the poor baby to get sick over it. Not only that, but she also wanted Vivian to be comfortable during labor. "She's forty-two weeks pregnant. I don't expect it to be long until she goes into labor. My cousin is keeping an eye on her right now and trying to keep her from getting too stressed out. Because if she does, its gonna stress out the baby. That's not exactly ideal for inducing labor." She said nervously, briefly looking back at the SUV, before looking back at the young woman. "You help us, we'll help you. We were hoping to get to a childbirth center before it locks down, but I doubt that's even an option now."

sebastion "lars"
[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
with: aelinore [ Gomenesigh Gomenesigh ]
Lars quietly tapped his foot against the concrete impatiently. The silver-haired man was never one to stand in place for too long, always on the go and moving. After being enclosed for so long, he yearned to be free, to be doing something rather than just waiting. Lars was itching to do anything, pick a fight, break some bones, feel the adrenaline rush, but he was stuck with babysitting duty. He wanted to invent, create.

Although he didn't have to be there and the women would be capable enough on their own, Lars didn't know why he stayed. No matter how hard he tried to think of an answer, he had none except her. Lars knew he couldn't disobey the voice in his head, especially hers. He owed her just as Evie owed him since he could have have left then to rot without warning or even hinting at ushering them to hurry.

But, here he was, standing guard as he watched the crowd slowly gather together as if a show-down was happening in the middle of the street. It had been awhile since he sat in front of a television, let alone found peace. On the right side, curses were said and hands were thrown. However, he didn't flinch when banging noises began from the left side, seeing the pack equipped with bats and other objects, hitting trashcans and lightpoles as they gathered. A slight scoff escaped his lips as he shook his head as the embers across the building danced through his irises.

At hearing the women's words, Lars glanced slightly at her.

”Just because I didn’t use it immediately, doesn’t mean I won’t use it period.”

Frowning, Lars could only shake his head. He never believed in words, but rather actions. Nevertheless, Lars shrugged his shoulders as she went to tend to the bloodied girl. Reaching behind him in his back pocket, Lars could only sigh when he held the weapon in his hand. A pocket knife. What good would a mere small blade do? The woman Evie gave it to him for good measure, however, she owed him more. Perhaps in the hands of someone skillful, the blade would prove useful, however, to him, it was useless. He didn't have any medical knowledge nor the understanding of the human anatomy to mark vital points that could prove lethal. Nevertheless, Lars stood in front of the girls, listening as he heard ushered whispers.

He had to hand it to the unknown female, if they weren't in the predicament they were in now, Lars would have loved to debate with her. He hated wallflowers and presumed she would have been one. But, perhaps, she could prove him wrong. Regardless, it was a passing thought knowing he wouldn't get bored by talking to a push-over.

"Why, pray tell, should they be honorable? Especially on this most unexpected Purge day? I’m sure you will manage.”

Ah and there it was again. Lars could only manage to curve his lips slightly into a smirk as he shook his head. He didn't answer her, at the moment, and decided he didn't owe her an explanation . . . just yet. But, there was something she was correct about. It was an unexpected Purge day but he felt as if the fate handed him the cards. It was now or never.

Time seemed to move slowly and it was only in this small moment did Lars feel like he could breathe. He never "stopped" to smell the flowers, once. But, he didn't feel the need to "relax", he had plenty of time "relaxing" in the cell to do more. Nevertheless, hearing movements behind him, Lars turned half-way, staring down at the woman as she folded her arms.

"Now, I’m not about to hand over any of my weapons and I won’t let you take what little they have. Instead, there is a weapon supply store about 5 minutes away. I can show you the way and you can take whatever you want. Deal? Hurry.”

Lars looked down upon the woman's silhouette, getting a better inspection and view of what she had on her person. Clicking his tongue, Lars placed his hand in his pocket, dragging his boots as he walked in front of her. Leaning down, face-to-face with her, Lars grinned,

"No deal."

Re-positioning himself as he leaned back up, Lars' slipped a finger through his hair for a moment before turning around, giving a slight wave, "You are welcome to follow me. But, I don't have much time left to stand by for idle chit-chat." He stated briefly.

"It is the Purge afterall. Thank you for reminding me of that Easter egg. There are no laws and so that means, stealing is invalid."

For a moment, Lars stoof, lost in thought as he continued to stare down at the female. Furrowing his brows together, Lars cocked his head to the side. "However, the more I see your appearance, the more you become a beacon."He paused, before using his hand for emphasis.

"A walking target for those who advoate for the Purge." Lars warned before hearing another explosion from the other side of the street, birds fluttering away, and the sound of cheers as the clashing of both sides ran rampant.

Hissing, Lars shook his head, starting off to run, positioning himself to find another alleyway, wanting to get away from the fight that would only prove to have more consquences than he'd want.
[/div][/div]

Aelinore Cane
9jhgyh.png
mentions: deer deer

Ellie tensed as the man stood there and stared her down. A hand reached behind her back, tightly gripping the handle of one of her blades as he walked up to her. No deal. She stood there, completely shocked. It was kind of a dumb offer, but still. She hadn’t actually expected him to refuse. Her eyes scanned him and though he might possibly have some kind of weapon, he was still ill prepared for this last minute Purge day. If he was prepared, he wouldn’t have made the deal for the weapons to begin with.

“You’re going to pass on an offer to go get weapons?” She scoffed at him for a moment and folded her arms over her chest. She unconsciously took a step in his direction, although she quickly looked back at the trio on the doorsteps. They were at the building now. They would be able to make it up to their apartment with no issues or at least she hoped.

Her eyes drifted back to the man and she couldn’t help but roll her eyes. “Not even an hour has passed. We still have almost a complete day of this left. If it even stops after the typical 24 hours. Who knows what will even happen?” She briefly shrugged her shoulders, but now stayed rooted in place. A frown crossed her lips and she looked down at her outfit. It didn’t actually scream anything specific, which wasn’t the best thing. Some people could look at her and see Purge advocate or the complete opposite. She more just looked prepared. The only thing that really gave her away were the patches. Most medics who wore their medic patch often ran into trouble, but it was her other patch, the one that showed her allegiance against the Purge that more often than not doomed her. The patch itself had some surprises, though. It was pretty hard to see at most distances and by the time people were close enough to see exactly what it was, she was almost always at the advantage with her hand to hand combat skills.

“I think I can handle myse-” Her words were cut off as an explosion sounded way too close for comfort. Her eyes had darted over in the direction of it and when they looked back at the man, he had taken off running. With a soft groan, she ran after him, although she wasn’t sure why. Stubbornness? Did some small inkling of her actually worry that he was out and determined about something, but still had no weapons? She had no idea, but off she went. It didn’t take long to catch up to him.

“You know, getting off the main street isn’t the best bet. Unless you find a little alley or side street with no windows up high. The closer we get to the center of town, the more dangerous the alleys will be as well. People have really started to step up their booby trap game.” She had pulled out a small device as they walked. It was nothing more than a little screen with a button on it, which she pressed every couple minutes. “So, where exactly are you go-”

Her words were cut off when she was suddenly on the ground, a person on top of her. Immediately she saw the knife and her hands reached up, grabbing at the man’s wrist. He was stronger than she was and the blade slowly inched closer to her neck.
coding by cychotic

Mackenzie O'Leary

Mentions: None
Interactions: Lucy ( apolla apolla )
Outfit: x
x

Mackenzie was rather relieved when Lucy didn't ask anymore questions, the tension in her body relaxing ever so slightly. The redhead was fully aware of what someone might think of her were they to know the full truth. She was acting out of revenge, murdering people that may or may not have been involved in the massacre of her own family. That memory was traumatizing, and though she saw many faces that night, Mac couldn't be sure who was there and who wasn't. Nevertheless, all of the people she had killed and planned to kill were evil, each in their own way. They deserved it. But did that make Mac any different from them? Had she also become cold-hearted and evil over the years of hunting down the people on her list?

Mac ignored those thoughts when Lucy spoke up once again, emerald eyes finding the blonde woman even though it was a bit dark out. She definitely was not pregnant, and was all but one hundred percent sure she never would be. But still, a part of her longed to stay at the shelter. She was tired of tracking, tired of hunting, tired of killing. And it would be so nice just for a bit to be in a safe place where she didn't have to constantly look of her shoulder for who might be hiding in the shadows. It wasn't necessarily that Mac needed a place to stay, but rather a part of her wanted a place. But on the other hand, wasn't she the exact type of person this shelter wanted to protect its residents from?

As they rounded the corner, more gun shots filled the air and still, Mac didn't flinch. Lucy, however, stepped a bit closer, obviously not enjoying the constant fear that the Purge brought with it. Mac rested a hand on the grip of her gun in its holster, fully ready to shoot first, ask questions later were they to encounter a threat. At Lucy's description, she began to examine the buildings and their surroundings for any sign of a lit room or a broken bench. Both seemed like normal occurrences in the city. But together, Lucy believed they symbolized a safe haven. "Alright, let's see if anyone is home," Mac responded, stepping closer to the door. As much as she wanted to believe this was actually a safe haven, the paranoia of it possibly being a trap settled in the back of her mind. Mac moved to the side of the door, pulling her side arm from its holster with one hand. With the other, she reached out to knock on the door.

codedbycrucialstar

RepulsiveBlissfulEmeraldtreeskink-size_restricted.gif

L U C Y

"I'll survive. Somehow I always do.”

Spotting the broken bench, Lucy actually believed that things would be okay. Perhaps it was pregnancy brain, considering she hadn't been knocked up last Purge, or perhaps it was her wanting to believe that she was bringing a child into a world that had the possibility to be decent, but she needed this. This safe haven, this belief that there were still good people in a world ravaged by murder, rape, and so much more. Had she been thinking more clearly, however, she might have realized that it were too good to be true.

For a moment after Mackenzie knocked, time seemed to stand still. Lucy could hear her own breathing as she waited, on the opposite side of the door, for it to open. As the moments stretched, she began to panic. What if the door didn't open? What if something were wrong? What if-

The door opened.

Not alot, just a crack.

Her body worked before her brain did. Lucy took a step forward, but before she could say anything, a hand shot out and grabbed her arm. The person she'd seen inside had been female, but this arm clearly belonged to a male. A shriek escaped her lips as he came into view; mostly hidden in the shadows of the place that had once been a shelter, but clearly not there to help or offer refuge to anyone.

Her hand shot out to brace herself against the wall, trying to keep him from dragging her inside. Biting her lip, her noises died down for the most part, save for a few grunts as she struggled against the man. Both she and Mackenzie were open targets now for anyone behind them.

mentions: Mackenzie || with: Mackenzie ( MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ) || location: at the "shelter"

Iris nodded. She was going to agree to this. There wasn't much other options, anyways. She would almost definitely die on the streets, and at least this way she had a chance to have people around her who weren't trying to kill her. And, if they wanted to do something to her, hopefully they would do it quickly. "Okay, I'll go with you. It's my dads house," she said, starting to walk quickly towards her SUV. She didn't want to be out in the open anymore, now that she had somewhere else she could be. "We have a bunker. I've never told anyone else that, but I guess if you're going to kill me it doesn't matter. If we live through this, don't tell a soul," she said, her words at the end coming out harsh. It was all she had. She couldn't make much of a threat, and at this point she was doing what she had to do to stay alive.

She couldn't really see into the car from the blacked out windows, but when Iris opened the door she was confronted with a very pregnant woman. "....Okay.... I guess she wasn't kidding," Iris said, "I mean, you look like you could literally pop. I didn't know it was even possible to be so pregnant," Iris said, realizing that she was coming off kind of rude. "Um, sorry. I'm not really thinking all that clearly right now."

BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27

The Tran Family - Valerie, Victoria, Vivian, Jessica
e4a2481efb5e20091293841765670edd.jpgblack-celebrity-girls-generation-hair-Favim.com-3073757.png20140520_004802000_iOS.jpgSooyoung-1990-p1.jpg
When the young woman took up on her offer, Victoria led her back to the SUV. By this time, there had been no one attacking them at all. Though they can hear explosions and gunshots in the distance. As she got back into the Driver's Seat, Victoria buckled up and started the car back up. When the young woman took a seat in the second row, she looked back at Vivian. Her comments, however, made Vivian start feeling insecure about her pregnancy. She frowned just as she received an apology. "You must have been on the run since those sirens sounded off." Jessica said as she handed the woman a pillow.

The drive soon began. Valerie handed the woman her phone after opening google maps. "Here, enter the address of your Dad's place. I don't wanna run around in circles and I wanna be out of here before those monsters hit the streets."

As they drove down the street, Vivian shifted her pillow as Jessica continued massaging her feet. "By the way, what's your name? I'm Vivian."

"Jessica."

"Victoria."

"Valerie."

sebastion "lars"
scenario: "wrong target, kill them"
with: aelinore [ Gomenesigh Gomenesigh ]
mentions: mackenzie [ MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat ]
"You know, getting off the main street isn’t the best bet. Unless you find a little alley or side street with no windows up high. The closer we get to the centre of town, the more dangerous the alleys will be as well. People have really started to step up their booby trap game.”

Lars furrowed his brows, grunting a small response. It was true. He wasn't well-equipped and if he had to admit anything it had been a while since he got the chance to be a part of the Purge after being locked away for a few years. It was all new to him: the technology, the battleground, and how others handled the Purge.

Compared to a gun, he had a small knife that wouldn't be any use to him unless he was in close contact with his opponent. Perhaps, the girl could be a good use to him, however, he'd never ask that of a stranger, much less during the Purge. Regardless, her medical skills were something he needed. Whether she chose to teach him or show him, Lars stuck to his guns and decided to think of how to convince her later. It didn't matter if someone had a good record or credibility. Everyone wants something. There isn't such thing as a "good samaritan" much less "saviour. Not in this forsaken world. It's human nature, human instincts, to take and never give back. When the hour nigh and with only a small chance of survival, anyone would lose their morals and do whatever it took to survive. Lars learned the hard way.

Lars doesn't have a trusting bone in his body - be it with him trusting others or others to him. He had no reason to try to "prove" himself to someone who could inevitably betray him. It was flight or fight and he knew he wasn't in good standing to deny any sort of tactics. So, he followed the girl in quick steps and movements. However, with the blaring sounds and noises coming from the streets, his instincts and senses dulled.

Swiftly and without hesitation, the girl next to him was tackled to the ground. Where the man came from, Lars didn't know, however, it took him a few seconds to realise the struggle before him before he sprang into action.

"Hey!" He called out, grasping the male's attention for the moment as the grip of the knife slightly faltered, nearing his own face.

Adrenaline rushing through his vein, Lars moved, taking advantage of the male's brief attention before using full force to grab the man's shoulder, pulling him away from the girl. However, it wasn't easy to pry the man off. Groaning loudly at the heavier man, the man's off-balance position slowly caused him to budge from his spot. With the loosening grip and off-kilter position, Lars gripped the man's arm, tugging roughly on him. Moving his arm back as his fingers curled into a fist, Lars manoeuvred himself as he swung his arm back in front of him; his knuckles made contact with the attacker's cheeks.

Falling backwards, the man stumbled back, a painful cry escaping his lip. However, what Lars hadn't expected was a surprise attack from the other side. With a quick stumble backwards as he felt his own jaw crack, Lars quickly found his balance, eyeing the other unknown opponent that appeared.

Using the distraction, the first attacker, slowly got up, leaning against the wall for support as he tilted his head to the side, cracking his neck and muscles. Hissing slightly, Lars looked between the two men, eyeing back and forth between the two men.

"Get behind me and stay a few feet away." He barked towards the girl.

Without any hesitation, despite being hurt, the first attacker let out a louder grunt, angrily shouting before running full speed, attempting to bulldoze into Lars' own frame. The stumbling man came forward, latching himself against Lars' waist, tackling him against the wall as Lars let out a grunt, hearing his own back crack. Regardless, the two struggled against each other with the man trying to squeeze Lars' rib cage while Lars continued to punch the male's back, slowly moving up to the male's head, directly hitting his skull. Blood profusely bled down the male's face while Lars gasped, nearly choking from the squeezing.

The second attacker, on the other hand, stood to the side, stalking the girl, eyeing her down, making his way towards her.

"Gde?" [ Where ] The male asked harshly. "Come quietly. Or you die."

Hearing the threat, Lars gritted his teeth, calling out, "Get. Away. From. Her."

Trapped still against the overgrown male's hold as he heard his back crack, even more, Lars never gave up, still punching the male rougher against the attacker's back. Painfully squirming, Lars had enough as he moved his hand down his back pocket, quickly grabbing the knife before unlatching it and with his free hand, manoeuvred himself in a position to stab the man in the side. With the injected knife in the side of the male, Lars took advantage of the sudden stab to get another hit on this attacker. Lars lifted up his knees as it came in contact with the man's already broken jaw as the man's head came upwards towards the sky. A loud crack! could be heard before the attacker fumbled down, his hold on Lars' waist loosening by the minute.

At the sound of the fall, the second attacker was present, rage filling his body as he glared down both Lars and Aelinore. Lars quickly placed himself in front of the second attacker and Aelinore.

Once the first male was down for the count, not a thread anymore, Lars took the knife that dropped from the attacker in his hand. Hearing his loud groans and blood spilling from his side, Lars slowly grinned. "You want in?" He taunted the second attacker.

Lars could feel his resolve slipping, panting as sweat beaded down his face. Curses were thrown his way as Lars ignored the grovelling man on the ground. A small groan escaped his lips as his chest heaved up and down. Pain. Catching his breath, Lars could hear the sounds of piercing screams and shouts on the other sound. Shaking his head, he turned towards the female, narrowing his eyes.

"You good?"

Catching his breath for a moment, Lars leaned his weight on his left side. He was weary, but nevertheless, alert even more.

"The store." He started. "Where is it?" Lars attempted to see if the second attacker would do anything, eyeing his every movement.

However, before the girl could answer, the second attacker sprang forward. This time, Lars was ready - in a position to be at eye level and area to watch and observe his opponent's movement. Gritting his teeth, Lars swiftly shook ff his arm and legs, dodging each punch that was heading his way. Using his surroundings, Lars tried to move as fast as he could, though the pain in his rib cage was slowly creeping upon him once more. Lars cracked his neck and loosened his muscles, attempting to relax them.

The second attacker's movement was quick as he nearly caught Lars' head not once, not twice, but four times. These two men weren't normal citizens. Despite having his own cell fights, none of them felt overbearing, even overpowering as the two he and the girl are currently encountering.

With the groaning male on the ground, not able to get up, Lars couldn't understand the words being said to the other male as they continued this "dance". His eyes furrowed seeing the second attacker taunting him as well. Regardless, the two continued their tug-of-war with Lars dodging, getting more tired by the second as the male continued his tirade of punches.

Lars attempted to decipher what language they were speaking. Russian? These weren't normal criminals. He didn't recognize any of them, however, Lars could only call towards the female, their fighting ring getting messier and less strategic.

"Exactly what did you do to them?" He gritted his teeth. "This isn't a random attack."

"No, not did." The Russian male commented. "Will do. For us. He awaits."

Shaking his head, Lars could only let out a wheezing laugh. "He? Who? You must be out of your goddamn mind."

"Red-hair." A hoarse voice called from the ground, eyeing the girl. "You know." He weakly pointed at Aelinore before looking at his partner. "He promised. Get girl. Return. Heal daughter." With one more gasp of air, the first attacker was gone.

Dead.

At the sudden words, Lars became distracted and before he knew it, a spurt of blood came from his mouth, feeling the punch in his guts. With another surprise attack, Lars lost control of his movements, not realizing as he reflexively and accidentally, spun his hand, knife in hand, slashing the Russian male's right eye. A loud cry escaped the Russian's male throat before shaking in anger.

Both men held onto each other before the struggle started on the ground next, both men trying to one-up each other in the chaos. "You killed him. You regret it." He said between the punches and fight. "All three of you, die."

It was time.

Out of breath, Lars fell on his back, tired. He couldn't do it anymore. Whatever the men want from the girl. He couldn't understand. Who is she? And three? Lars didn't know the answers. Confusion ran through his mind. But what was clear to him was this fact: another person he couldn't protect. His eyes widened as the knife in the Russian male's hand came straight towards him.
[/div][/div]

Last edited:
Aelinore Cane

10gjubm.jpg
Interactions: deer deer

Ellie’s body immediately realized the danger she was in even if her mind didn’t. Already she was fighting back against the man who was holding her down while she tried to process exactly what was going on. The man was much larger than she was and she was having some difficulty. Usually, her biggest advantage came in how tiny she was. She could wiggle herself out of most any place or out of almost anyone’s grasp. This man was so large though, his weight alone kept her pinned to the ground. As her mind recovered, she started creating a list of her different options. All she really needed was to get one leg free and she would gain the upper advantage.

She had completely forgotten the fact that someone else was with her until the man’s weight shifted and she was able to squirm enough out from under him. The man grabbed onto her legs to stop her movement, but a punch connecting with his face quickly sent him off of her and she was finally free. She rolled back and onto her feet in time to see the scene that was folding out in front of her. Another man had entered the picture and had punched her ally in the face. Having more than one person there complicated things a bit, but it was still no matter. She had been outmatched more than this before and she already had a plan formulating.

She quickly took out another one of her packs, which looked similar to the one she had pulled out before with the trio. She ignored the command and had to stop herself from rolling her eyes. Her attention was half focused, having to divert to the group of men as they fought. One of them was watching her, slowly making his way over. Ellie didn’t rush, though. It would only lead to a mistake which would lead to very bad things. But, he was getting too close for comfort and she had to abandon her current project. With a quick toss, the small bag scooted across the ground out of her reach and the reach of the other man. She slowly got up, hands empty and above her head. She was planning on waiting until the man threw the first punch where she would easily take him to the ground. These men may have been good fighters, but not when it came to what she did. Her eyes darted to the other two only for a moment as one of them fell to the ground.

Unfortunately for her, it seemed as if it wasn’t her ally, who she now found dumbly standing between the two of them. With an overly dramatic sigh, she dropped her arms and tried moving out of the way. “I’m fine. I can handle this.” She turned to look at him with an incredulous look on her face as she quickly spoke. “Now really isn’t- Aaand he’s gone.” Sure enough, the two remaining men got back into it with their very manly punching ring. She rolled her eyes and went to retrieve her bag, crouching down so she could continue her work. The only time she broke her concentration was when they started talking. Her eyes looked up and passed between the two, but she just shrugged her shoulders. “Man, I have no idea who these idiots are.” A growl emanated from the man who wasn’t on the ground, but it didn’t bother her. The only thing that really gave her pause was the dying man’s words. She had no idea what red hair meant, but… was someone going to get hurt because of her?

She didn’t have long to think about it. She quickly filled a syringe with a clear liquid and walked over to the men on the ground. She waited until they were relatively still, the Russian man slowly pushing a knife towards the silvery blonde whoever. She silently leaned over them and plunged the needle in the man’s neck and injected the full contents into his body. The man swat wildly at her, but she got out of his reach and skipped a couple steps back. The effects were almost immediate as the man swayed, his grip loosening on the weapon until it slipped from his fingers before he hunched over, totally and completely unconscious. She went back over and kicked the man to the ground so the other could get up.

She then returned to her pack and crouched down as she packed everything away and secured it back to herself. “Well, that was intense. I wonder what all that was about.” She stood up and took a moment to look around. With hands on her hips, she spun in slow circles as her eyes darted to various points. She was looking for something very specific, but didn’t know if she would find anything suitable. There was a fairly large crowd forming some ways away down the street from which they came, but they were too focused on whatever it was over there to pay them any mind. With a sigh, she ran a hand through her hair and turned her attention back to the unconscious man. “Well, we can’t just leave him here. I couldn’t really calculate how much it would take to keep him asleep for as long as I wanted, but it was a pretty big dose. I need to find somewhere to question him… before this happens again. Either way… sitting ducks out here.” She was mostly talking to herself by the end, brows furrowed together in thought as she tapped her foot against the hard concrete.

Her attention then changed to the other man and she walked over to him , giving him a once over before going up on her toes, a hand reaching and hovering her fingers over his jaw as she looked at the other side. A small bit of blood stained part of his lips, which is what really drew her attention. "Your jaw isn't broken..." She paused for a moment as her pinky pushed against the side of his chin, turning his face the other way so she could see the other side. "Obviously if you could talk it isn't as serious as that. The blood is more concerning though. Unless you bit something, it has to be coming from somewhere inside you." She went back flat on her feet and looked down at his chest. His jacket was buttoned, so there wasn't much she could see, but she lightly grabbed the edge of one side and pulled it out enough to look down. "And you're not bleeding... from the looks of it."

coding by cychotic

Mackenzie O'Leary
Mentions: None
Interactions: Lucy ( apolla apolla )
Outfit: x
x

The door opened, if only a crack, and Mackenzie continued to stand on guard. Just because someone answered didn't mean that they were in the clear just yet. Mac didn't trust these types of groups to exist until she had seen them with her own emerald green eyes. The following events seemed to happen in slow motion, adrenaline running through the redhead's veins like burning fire. Lucy took a step forward causing Mac to immediately shoot out an arm to keep her back. She was being too trusting, they still didn't know if this place was safe or not. But they would find out shortly thereafter as a hand shot out from the crack in the doorway, grabbing Lucy and attempting to pull her inside.

Lucy's shriek filled the air, and Mac immediately wanted to run and hide in the shadows. The sound would definitely attract attention, far more than Mackenzie wanted in that moment. She had inadvertently made them larger target than they had been previously. For a moment, it crossed Mac's mind to leave, letting whatever might happen to Lucy happen. But, her moral side quickly squelched that thought. Mac had told Lucy she would escort her to safety to protect her, and she intended to follow through on that.

Mackenzie kicked the door the rest of the way open, raising the handgun to eye level and taking aim at the man. Her normal mode of execution was one to the head or two to the heart, sometimes a combination of both if she was feeling extra brutal. But Mac didn't want to disturb Lucy any more than she was already going to. From what she knew, stress wasn't great for a baby. Instead, Mac leveled her weapon with the man's leg and sent one round into his knee cap. The man released Lucy and crumpled to the ground, allowing Mac to pull the door closed to separate them from the now wounded man. Turning her gaze back to Lucy, she murmured, "We need to get out of here. Fast."

codedbycrucialstar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back