• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 2084: Down With Big Brother (Dystopian/Sci-Fi/Action)

Darrian_Gabriel

Sicarii Assassin
2084.png

The following is an uncorroborated timeline of events as detailed and chronicled by The Church Of Goldstein...

2061 A.D.- Rumor has it that one Jana O'Brien, granddaughter of the original Inner Party member Conrad O'Brien, stumbles upon a hidden and long forgotten account of the capture and subsequent re-education of a man named Winston Smith in the year 1984. After disappearing Smith, it seems that something fundamentally changed in O'Brien. He began to harbor dangerous thoughts against INGSOC. Perhaps the power of Big Brother was not all that there was and that The Party could indeed be challenged, that if only there were more people that could think like Smith, perhaps the world could again be free. Witnessing the archived account of her grandfather, this seems to strike a chord with Jana as well as she proceeds to disseminate what she had learned amongst the Proles in shadow. What ultimately became of Jana O'Brien is unknown. Some say she was captured and silenced by INGSOC. Others contend that she lives on to this day in hiding and yet others think the woman never existed at all. However all that matters is that the names of Winston Smith, Emmanuel Goldstein and The Brotherhood were proliferating among the masses. The spark had been lit.

2065 A.D.- In O'Brien's stead, the Disciples Of Smith, a radical resistance movement was founded that swore to completely destroy INGSOC and Big Brother. Under the auspices of a freedom fighter organization, The Disciples went a bloody killing spree, assassinating over one hundred Inner and Outer Party members over the course of a decade. Even though they were well aware that both Goldstein and his book, The Theory and Practice of Oligarchical Collectivism, were mere fiction cobbled together by INGSOC themselves, the Disciples decided to use them as symbols and rallying cries. All the while using the name of Winston Smith as their martyr.

2072 A.D.- Airstrip One has been left in complete chaos due to The Disciples savage rampage against INGSOC. The Party has struggled to beat back the insurgents as more and more Proles seem to commit themselves to the cause. It is than that a small splinter group breaks off from The Disciples in secret. Calling themselves The Church of Goldstein, they began to view The Disciples as totally out of control and in many ways, just as dangerous as INGSOC. Indeed The Disciples have become a mob of violent and paranoid radicals who will not hesitate to murder one of their own if someone is even slightly suspected of collaborating with their hated Party enemies. This splinter group thinks that The Disciples have lost their way and have abandoned the principles of freedom they first set out to enact. The Church of Goldstein have committed themselves fully to the teachings of the fictional Brotherhood to truly set Oceania and the rest of the world free from the tyranny of Big Brother. The Church have assembled a coterie of intellectuals mainly consisting of ingenious computer hackers. While The Disciples wage their psychotic and single minded crusade, The Church have ventured outside Oceania, made numerous contacts in both Eurasia and East Asia and have begun to unravel the truth about the Earth's forgotten epoch before the rise of Big Brother.

2080 A.D.- After years of toiling, The Church of Goldstein have perfected perhaps their greatest weapon against INGSOC. While the internet had existed for decades, it had been under the complete control of The Party. That is until the invention of The Network Subversive, a loose array of telecommunications and virtual reality that would enable people within all three super states to communicate with each other near instantaneously. It was even capable of bypassing the telenets of INGSOC. Now for the first time in almost two hundred years, the world was coming together and ideas could be freely exchanged, something that was a grave threat to The Party.

2084 A.D.?- We are all on edge as the one hundred year anniversary of the death of Winston Smith approaches. People are awake and are fighting back, but this war is far from over. Although INGSOC has lost a great deal of control, they are still the dominant ones in power and we don't know what they have up their sleeves. There are rumors that The Disciples have manage to acquire nuclear warheads while The Church tries desperately to mediate the different free factions in Oceania, Eurasia and East Asia. It's a race against time as the world teeters on a knife's edge from total obliteration...

while i do confess i fancied animal farm more, playing a Jacobin in the final days before thermidor is always fun. comrade, i am so very interested. I would be interested in playing a St. Just amongst the Disciples. also, i must admit, i find the religious motives quite amusing, as religion is a strange mix of reactionary thought, yet new religious are born out of resistance. it is only as they age that they become reactionary. religion is an institution, and if it does not shift and change, than it becomes cruler and corrupt.

while i do confess i fancied animal farm more, playing a Jacobin in the final days before thermidor is always fun. comrade, i am so very interested. I would be interested in playing a St. Just amongst the Disciples. also, i must admit, i find the religious motives quite amusing, as religion is a strange mix of reactionary thought, yet new religious are born out of resistance. it is only as they age that they become reactionary. religion is an institution, and if it does not shift and change, than it becomes cruler and corrupt.
LoL...cool.

hi yeah, so uh im kindof a nerd whos studdyed totalitarian governments... to put that in newspeak. groupwriting is doubleplussgood.

yeah i wanna do this roleplay.
Yea I've always wanted to do a sequel type story to Orwell's classic dystopian nightmare as 1984 is my all time favorite book. Especially in the times we're living in. Hopefully this gains more interest.

I'm potentially interested. I read this novel years ago, but remember most major details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back