• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 1x1 urban fantasy search!

Garden of Eden

Disciple of Persephone
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This post isn't very pretty, I apologize, but hello~! I'm Kore, and I'm an adult, looking for people who are 18+ to plan an urban fantasy roleplay with!

• I'm a multi-para writer, however, my length will change depending on the scene. This does NOT mean I will rp with people who only do para, semi-para, or one-liners.
  • I consider myself literate. I'd like my partner to know the different between "your" and "you're", and use proper punctuation.
  • I'd prefer our ship to be m/m, but I'm open to other queer ships.
  • I'd like someone who is enthusiastic and not just a yes man to things I'm saying. If you can't contribute to the plot, we will not be good partners.
  • I love sending songs, making pinterest boards, sending memes, and generally being friendly with my partner!
  • I prefer to use realistic faceclaims, and will not be a good match for someone who doesn't use them. If you're unfamiliar with faceclaims, but still want to rp with me, I can send suggestions for you!

Now, onto vibes!

Small, or small feeling, towns! Something that feels cozy despite the strange things that happen there. Suburban gothic, dark academic, sometimes unsettling vibes. Locals talk about the creatures they swear they've seen, and urban legends about the abandoned mineshaft, hospital, or school in the woods. The younger generation believes them less and less due to never seeing it themselves, almost like there's a glamour hiding things. There are often tourists coming to investigate, but leaving with little to no evidence. Tourism never declines, though, as it's always booming, even sometimes during the off season.

Despite the sightings of the supernatural declining over the years, they likely live among us. Valerie down the road is fifty, but hasn't gained a single wrinkle or gray hair. The Bailey family gets uneasy when the moon starts to get fuller, and go on random "vacations" or "visit relatives" without taking their cars. Some women in the town give birth, only to realize that their babies don't look exactly like them or their husbands, but chalk it up to being paranoid. Graves in the graveyard seem to be dug up from the inside, and peoples pets go missing... meanwhile a resident looks oddly like one of the recently deceased just got up and started walking again. Tarot reading are a little *too* specific, almost like the readers know they're right.

There are believers who wonder if their neighbors are as alive as they claim to be. People who see all the legends and stories as nothing but looney tales meant to scare children into believing a werewolf would come and eat them if they didn't brush their teeth. Regardless of what you believe, it's everywhere in the town, and some say you can feel the energy buzzing beneath your feet if you focus enough.

And my little plot idea!
Our characters are part of the younger generation. Supernatural activity has been declining in the past twenty or so years, but the residents still tell their stories. The local cryptid hasn't been seen in years, and the sightings of werewolves or vampires are few and far between. Everything is still as normal as it can be here, but the energy shifts. More sightings begin to happen, and people are beginning to go missing...

If any of this interests you, send me a message, react to this, or reply to this post! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back