• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GinkyGotBack

A Very Good Boy
Looking for a player willing to try out the brand new Sentinel Comics RPG just recently released by Greater Than Games (The creators of the Sentinels of the Multiverse card game) and Critical-Hits Studios. Sentinel Comics RPG is a roleplaying game where the players take on the role of crimefighting super-heroes. For whoever is interested, I will help them learn the rules of the game as well as help them create their character and GM for them a one-on-one game revolving around their hero.

The character creation has a large variety of options to choose from where things like your hero's background, the source of their powers, and even their personality play a role mechanically. The number of qualities and powers for you to choose from are purposefully somewhat vague so that the player can fill in the blanks to describe exactly how a character uses or controls their 'Fire' power, for example.

As the story goes on and both the player and I grow more accustomed to the game, we may start to introduce new players into the game (likely one by one), until we feel we have a nice little team going on. As a heads up for those interested I'm normally only available from the mornings till the afternoons and weekends (EST) as I work five days a week until around midnight, so those will be the times where we will be more likely to get things done. Of course, the player(s) are free to make posts outside of those hours as well, it'll just take me some time to give them the proper attention.

So! If this is something you think you might be interested in and/or you have some questions about the game, then let me know down below or feel free to send me a PM!

Got a few questions is the system rank based such as mutants and masterminds or more like cape and cowls or is it more like the DC and marvel TTRPG.

If it is i am willing to test out this game in a 1X1 session.

Got a few questions is the system rank based such as mutants and masterminds or more like cape and cowls or is it more like the DC and marvel TTRPG.

If it is i am willing to test out this game in a 1X1 session.
Not having played any of those games I wouldn't know how to compare Sentinels RPG with them. There isn't any rank system in Sentinels, not that I know what that might be. If you could explain a bit about how those games are played I might be able to make a comparison between the two, albeit a bit of a⁸ rough one 🙁

I've read through a majority of the core rulebook and there isn't much of a progression system of any kind. At the end of a 'Collection', which is what the game refers to as a story arc, a character has the opportunity to change things about themselves or recreate themselves entirely if it makes sense in the narrative, being able to swap out powers and qualities for other ones that may not have originally been available for your character. I'm not sure if that answers your question, but that's more or less how character progress works in Sentinels RPG. There isn't any leveling system that I know of and the only way to 'progress' your character is to make it through a Collection with them.

Hmm that is interesting.

The way you describe it reminds me of the ghostbusters board game but still willing to help playtest it.

Hmm that is interesting.

The way you describe it reminds me of the ghostbusters board game but still willing to help playtest it.
Great! Awesome! It's a bit late at night for me right now, so I was about to get some sleep before you posted, but feel free to PM me your ideas for your character and I'll help you out whenever we both happen to be awake! If you don't have any particular ideas for a character, the character creation has a 'guided' method where you basically roll a couple of dice and randomly create your character from the options given to you by the dice rolls. Otherwise, we can just make your character from scratch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back