• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Snapple Cap

ゼルエル
EDIT: Here's an unformatted version for anyone who cannot read this!
Hello all! I'm Snapple Cap, creator of bad plots and master of clichés!
Before we hop right in, I'd like to introduce myself.

ABOUT ME
✎ I'm 18F, so I am most comfortable playing female characters.
✎ I live in New England, which is EST (UTC-5:00).
✎ I'm active any time between 2PM EST and 12AM EST.
✎ My reply schedule is abysmal, but I'll try to respond at least once a day.
✎ I love to sprinkle romance into my plots, immediate or slow-burn.
✎ I'm an absolute slut for sci-fi and fantasy plots!
✎ Triggers? Nah. Throw all your doom and gloom at me!

WRITING SPECS
✎ I consider myself semi-lit (500-800 average), but I can write up into the 1000s if I'm invested.
✎ My grammar skills can be sort of... 'meh'. I'm not illiterate, but I'm no scholar.
✎ I normally get invested in one character over many, so I'm iffy on doubles.
✎ I prefer MxF (primarily) or FxF.
✎ I cannot write canon. I will absolutely butcher canon characters.
✎ OOC chatter isn't a must, but it's preferred.

If you're wondering why there's no expectations tab, that's because I have barely any expectations! Besides the staple no one-liners, I'm alright if you write 7 sentences or 7 paragraphs! I'd prefer it if you matched my writing skill, but this is by no means a requirement.

Now that introductions are out of the way, it's time for the fun part... plots!

PLOTS (always adding more!)
READ ME! I'm repurposing an older draft. Please pardon any errors!
GENRE Sci-Fi
INTRODUCTION
October 23, 3082 was the day that fire rained from the sky. It was only a matter of time before the patience of global superpowers was worn thin, and when the fine thread of tension finally snapped, all were caught in the crossfire. They destroyed the planet, and themselves with it; cities had fallen, countries were razed, and nearly 95% of the global population was wiped out. Humanity had finally met its bitter end… or so you would think. Although the wastelands were harsh and their circumstances harsher, those who survived the fall banded together and managed to rebuild; they erected seven cities from the torn earth, arranged in a hexagon and collectively known as ‘the septet’. All seemed well, but evil is not so easily snuffed. Faced with rising population and growing poverty, those in power had to make a hard choice; the ‘undesirables’—namely the elderly and chronically ill—were to be cast out into the wastelands, left to fend for themselves. This list soon grew, and things as superficial as race and disorders could get one exiled. Things seemed grim for the exiled, for the creatures that lurked in the badlands had claws like sickles and teeth like daggers. However, like their ancestors before them, they too managed to rebuild. Three new cities now stand in defiance of the septet; the Amazon, Gaia, and Malachi’s Vigil. Seeking vengeance for their mistreatment, the outsiders waged war on the septet. They revived war machines of the distant past to do their bidding, and soon, the fires of war were stoked again. Both sides sustained many casualties, but the outsiders were far too under-prepared to undertake a prolonged battle. So they surrendered, and their bitter defeat drove a stake between their feeble alliance. More than just a division was birthed from the fires of war; a new threat, the reapers, had risen from the ashes. Two outsiders from each settlement had fled their homes to create this gang, named after their leader, ‘reaper’. Allied to neither the septet nor the settlements, this clan has only one thing in mind; unification. By sowing the seeds of their goal into the ears of the youth, they hope to one day unify the septet and settlements into one utopia, a utopia in which everyone can live in harmony.

PROJECT: VESSEL
Years ago, in order to combat the rapidly increasing crime rate, the central sector abducted children from all outer sectors. These children were placed in a program under the code name vessel; they would be hooked up to a machine, which would then transfer their mind into a vessel—large, robotic bodies controlled by an AI when not in use. Unfortunately, not everyone was capable of connecting with a vessel due to how straining the process was, so the majority of the children in the program either died or suffered serious neural complications. Years after testing, a breeds of soldiers—called drifters—were produced. Each drifter is assigned a mech once their training is complete, which they sync to through 'pods' kept at their home base. It was the drifters that crushed the Outsider forces, and now that the war is over, they've become a sort of military police.

MAIN PLOT
Four years after the disappearance, and probable demise, of her previous two teammates, SERAPH8 has finally been assigned a new partner, Y/C. Their first mission together is to identify, locate, and apprehend a new reaper leader before they move into Sector D. This task should be easy for a drifter of her status, but there is one small problem; time has neglected to dull the sting of her teammates' disappearances, and she isn't all too pleased to see them replaced.
GENRE Modern Fantasy
INTRODUCTION
Disappearances are common in this country, and there is no discrimination; people of all ages, backgrounds, genders, intellects, and races are targets. Those who disappear are never recovered, no matter how many search parties are sent after them. Once they're gone, they're gone... for good. A disappearance every now and then may be a normal occurrence, but these disappearances are far too frequent to be normal, and even seem to be organized. On the last week of every month, someone somewhere is taken. There is no solid evidence linking these disappearances to a certain person or group of people, but a popular belief is that a relatively new cult is to blame, one that was unheard of for quite some time. They are called the 'Children of Marzad'. These 'children' worship a deity they call 'Marzad'. Little is known about this deity or the cult's ideology, so there is some reluctance to investigate them. Besides, even if the cult was marked for investigation, no one knows their whereabouts. They are constantly on the move, never in the same place twice. A certain group of people claiming to have 'gifts' have been coming forward, saying these disappearances are tied to 'supernatural beings'. These beings come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and varieties. Some live in solitude while others coexist with humans. Sometimes, these beings even possess humans, using their bodies as hosts. These 'hosts' mask their auras, providing them with protection. Those possessed are forbidden from revealing this lest they be killed by the very being who possessed them.

MAIN PLOT
Valentina and her mother have moved from Italy to the states after her mother married an American man, and she is all but pleased. His three children seem to hate her guts, and even worse, his dogs never seem to leave her elderly cat be. She's moved in across the street from Y/C, who happens to be one of these "gifted individuals" popping up around the country. Given (his/her/their) abilities, (he/she/they) are used to the occasional supernatural or otherwise peculiar occurrence, but there is something very peculiar about (his/her/their) new neighbor. Unbeknownst to both her neighbor and her own family, Valentia is being used as a host for a powerful, albeit unnamed demon that wants nothing more than to consume you and all that stand in its way.

Hello all! I'm Snapple Cap, creator of bad plots and master of clichés!
Before we hop right in, I'd like to introduce myself.

ABOUT ME

I'm 18F, so I am most comfortable playing female characters.
I live in New England, which is EST (UTC-5:00).
I'm active any time between 2PM EST and 12AM EST.
My reply schedule is abysmal, but I'll try to respond at least once a day.
I love to sprinkle romance into my plots, immediate or slow-burn.
I'm an absolute slut for sci-fi and fantasy plots!
Triggers? Nah. Throw all your doom and gloom at me!

WRITING SPECS
I consider myself semi-lit (500-800 average), but I can write up into the 1000s if I'm invested.
My grammar skills can be sort of... 'meh'. I'm not illiterate, but I'm no scholar.
I normally get invested in one character over many, so I'm iffy on doubles.
I prefer MxF (primarily) or FxF.
I cannot write canon. I will absolutely butcher canon characters.
OOC chatter isn't a must, but it's preferred.

If you're wondering why there's no expectations tab, that's because I have barely any expectations! Besides the staple no one-liners, I'm alright if you write 7 sentences or 7 paragraphs! I'd prefer it if you matched my writing skill, but this is by no means a requirement.

Now that introductions are out of the way, it's time for the fun part... plots!

PLOTS (always adding more!)
GENRE Sci-Fi
INTRODUCTION

October 23, 3082 was the day that fire rained from the sky. It was only a matter of time before the patience of global superpowers was worn thin, and when the fine thread of tension finally snapped, all were caught in the crossfire. They destroyed the planet, and themselves with it; cities had fallen, countries were razed, and nearly 95% of the global population was wiped out. Humanity had finally met its bitter end… or so you would think. Although the wastelands were harsh and their circumstances harsher, those who survived the fall banded together and managed to rebuild; they erected seven cities from the torn earth, arranged in a hexagon and collectively known as ‘the septet’. All seemed well, but evil is not so easily snuffed. Faced with rising population and growing poverty, those in power had to make a hard choice; the ‘undesirables’—namely the elderly and chronically ill—were to be cast out into the wastelands, left to fend for themselves. This list soon grew, and things as superficial as race and disorders could get one exiled. Things seemed grim for the exiled, for the creatures that lurked in the badlands had claws like sickles and teeth like daggers. However, like their ancestors before them, they too managed to rebuild. Three new cities now stand in defiance of the septet; the Amazon, Gaia, and Malachi’s Vigil. Seeking vengeance for their mistreatment, the outsiders waged war on the septet. They revived war machines of the distant past to do their bidding, and soon, the fires of war were stoked again. Both sides sustained many casualties, but the outsiders were far too under-prepared to undertake a prolonged battle. So they surrendered, and their bitter defeat drove a stake between their feeble alliance. More than just a division was birthed from the fires of war; a new threat, the reapers, had risen from the ashes. Two outsiders from each settlement had fled their homes to create this gang, named after their leader, ‘reaper’. Allied to neither the septet nor the settlements, this clan has only one thing in mind; unification. By sowing the seeds of their goal into the ears of the youth, they hope to one day unify the septet and settlements into one utopia, a utopia in which everyone can live in harmony.
PROJECT: VESSEL
Years ago, in order to combat the rapidly increasing crime rate, the central sector abducted children from all outer sectors. These children were placed in a program under the code name vessel; they would be hooked up to a machine, which would then transfer their mind into a vessel—large, robotic bodies controlled by an AI when not in use. Unfortunately, not everyone was capable of connecting with a vessel due to how straining the process was, so the majority of the children in the program either died or suffered serious neural complications. Years after testing, a breeds of soldiers—called drifters—were produced. Each drifter is assigned a mech once their training is complete, which they sync to through 'pods' kept at their home base. It was the drifters that crushed the Outsider forces, and now that the war is over, they've become a sort of military police.
MAIN PLOT
Four years after the disappearance, and probable demise, of her previous two teammates, SERAPH8 has finally been assigned a new partner, Y/C. Their first mission together is to identify, locate, and apprehend a new reaper leader before they move into Sector D. This task should be easy for a drifter of her status, but there is one small problem; time has neglected to dull the sting of her teammates' disappearances, and she isn't all too pleased to see them replaced.
GENRE Modern Fantasy
INTRODUCTION

Disappearances are common in this country, and there is no discrimination; people of all ages, backgrounds, genders, intellects, and races are targets. Those who disappear are never recovered, no matter how many search parties are sent after them. Once they're gone, they're gone... for good. A disappearance every now and then may be a normal occurrence, but these disappearances are far too frequent to be normal, and even seem to be organized. On the last week of every month, someone somewhere is taken. There is no solid evidence linking these disappearances to a certain person or group of people, but a popular belief is that a relatively new cult is to blame, one that was unheard of for quite some time. They are called the 'Children of Marzad'. These 'children' worship a deity they call 'Marzad'. Little is known about this deity or the cult's ideology, so there is some reluctance to investigate them. Besides, even if the cult was marked for investigation, no one knows their whereabouts. They are constantly on the move, never in the same place twice. A certain group of people claiming to have 'gifts' have been coming forward, saying these disappearances are tied to 'supernatural beings'. These beings come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and varieties. Some live in solitude while others coexist with humans. Sometimes, these beings even possess humans, using their bodies as hosts. These 'hosts' mask their auras, providing them with protection. Those possessed are forbidden from revealing this lest they be killed by the very being who possessed them.
MAIN PLOT
Valentina and her mother have moved from Italy to the states after her mother married an American man, and she is all but pleased. His three children seem to hate her guts, and even worse, his dogs never seem to leave her elderly cat be. She's moved in across the street from Y/C, who happens to be one of these "gifted individuals" popping up around the country. Given (his/her/their) abilities, (he/she/they) are used to the occasional supernatural or otherwise peculiar occurrence, but there is something very peculiar about (his/her/their) new neighbor. Unbeknownst to both her neighbor and her own family, Valentia is being used as a host for a powerful, albeit unnamed demon that wants nothing more than to consume you and all that stand in its way.

Last edited:
The formatting makes spoiler tabs absolutely unreadable (honestly, one-two words per line) so I didn't take a loot at your own plots, but I was wondering if you'd be interested in an original sci-fi verse. Sort of with old ST/ME feels, I suppose.

The formatting makes spoiler tabs absolutely unreadable (honestly, one-two words per line) so I didn't take a loot at your own plots, but I was wondering if you'd be interested in an original sci-fi verse. Sort of with old ST/ME feels, I suppose.

Aaa, apologies for any frustration! Compatibility completely slipped my mind while I was making this. (I’ll be adding an unformatted version to the original post later). Regardless, I’d totally be interested in discussing an original sci-fi verse! (I assume you mean “Star Trek” and “Mass Effect” when you say ST/ME, correct me if I’m wrong). Shoot me a PM?

Aaa, apologies for any frustration! Compatibility completely slipped my mind while I was making this. (I’ll be adding an unformatted version to the original post later). Regardless, I’d totally be interested in discussing an original sci-fi verse! (I assume you mean “Star Trek” and “Mass Effect” when you say ST/ME, correct me if I’m wrong). Shoot me a PM?
No problem at all, I was mostly concerned that an answer to my question might've been in those spoilers. Though unformatted option is always helpful for mobile users.

And you are absolutely right with abbreviations C: those who know what they mean immediately guess them, which means less things to explain. I'll be PMing you, though probably next day when I can be at the PC if you don't mind. Easier to type with a keyboard under ones fingers, right? XD

No problem at all, I was mostly concerned that an answer to my question might've been in those spoilers. Though unformatted option is always helpful for mobile users.

And you are absolutely right with abbreviations C: those who know what they mean immediately guess them, which means less things to explain. I'll be PMing you, though probably next day when I can be at the PC if you don't mind. Easier to type with a keyboard under ones fingers, right? XD
Yeah, haha. I totally forgot about mobile users.

It took me a bit of thought at first (mostly because I read “ST/ME” as one thing), but I’m glad I guessed them right! Anyway, I don’t mind at all! (The mobile keyboard is super hard for me to use, haha). I’ll be waiting! : )

I'm interested in your project Vessel story if you are still interested and looking.

I'm interested in your project Vessel story if you are still interested and looking.
Hello, Snapple Cap! I believe we could make a good writing pair, although unfortunately I don't think either plot has quite sparked my interest. Are you open to discussing other ideas? Modern fantasy/sci-fi and the like?

Actually, I'm juggling quite a few RPs/potential RPs at the moment, so I'll have to see how my schedule looks now before I say anything!
Thank you for your replies, though!

Actually, I'm juggling quite a few RPs/potential RPs at the moment, so I'll have to see how my schedule looks now before I say anything!
Thank you for your replies, though!
No worries! Thanks for letting me know and if you have time I'll be happy to RP with you still!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back