• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 1x1 MxM - (Plot updates: SOL / Fantasy)

okur

Looking for character chemistry
A bit about me and my preferences:

- I am a 25+ year old, I require you be at least 19 (otherwise it's weird for me, sorry!)
- I've been writing for over a decade
- I am interested in male x male (mxm), but may consider doubling to suit preferences
- Writing would be Lit, third person paragraphs
- Character Chemistry is key - if they work together, the plot can always edit, change to suit them. That being said, I have a number of plots and standard nuggets below for your review!

Plot Premises - Original Plots (Updated: April 25th)
If detailed with Character 1 and Character 2, Character 1 is my preferred role. Fantasy elements can be added to most any of the below.
- NEW: For the family: Character 1 and Character 2 are both children of two well known mafia families. They spent time together when younger but as expectations and responsibility was put upon them as they grew, they saw eachother less, one of the two moving to other to another country. Circumstance has brought them both in the same place again and a deal needs to be struct between the two families. We go from there.

- NEW: Risk for a moment: Dystopian setting. Being gay is punishable by law (newly or has always been - can be death or jail). If you do not fall into the norms posed upon you by the government, you will suffer the consequences. Character 1 and Character 2 care for each other. They throughout specific dates in the year meet at one another's home to spend blissful moments together in a way they wish they go every day. They make a point of not seeing eachother outside of their meet-ups for fear someone will see the secret feelings they hold for one another. (I was inspired by V for Vendetta so I'm thinking that kind of dystopia). There's a lot of different things we can do here to move the plot, happy to discuss.

- NEW: Spaces of Privacy: 1800s setting, Character 1 and Character 2 work for the same Lordship. (I'm thinking Head Butler and a new addition to the household). I'd like this to be a scenario where they cultivate interest for eachother but 1) being homosexual is not wide acceptable and 2) it's against house policy for 2 individuals to start a relationship with an employee since it's just bad practice. Not as flushed out but like the idea.

- NEW: Kindness cures: Character 2 is a shapeshifter. He has always been wary of humans and does all he can to be away from them. One night, either due to battle, a storm, etc, Character 2 is injuries and Character 1 finds him in his non-human form. Character 1 tends to him and Character 2 starts to find a reason to trust at least 1 human. We go from there.

- NEW: Balance: Character 1 is struggling financially. Character 2 has means and is open to support Character 2. (I have no idea how this one will go so it's really a nugget, we can flush this one out. )

- NEW: Happenstance: I realllly want a corny love story so throwing this out there. We can discuss plot LOL.

- NEW: Telling you the truth: Character 1 and Character 2 are long-term friends. They've known eachother from grade school and high school...but parted ways after that. They had different goals in life. About 5 years later, they meet again. Things have changed a bit and they're reconnecting. The thing is, Character 2 has cared for Character 1 most of their lives together and Character 1 just hasn't noticed. He doesn't think that the caring he sees is anything more than his friend being a bestie. We go from there.

- NEW: Magically yours: Character 1 has an otherworldly ability (precognition, hypnosis, etc). There's a cost for its use and it has its own set of rules. He knows no other individual who has the same kind of abilities that he does outside of a select few family members. Character 2 also has an ability and unlike Character 1 knows no other with abilities of any kind (different ability to Character 1 just for the fun of it). Character 2 has a feeling something is up with Character 1 and he's curious, while Character 1 prefers to pretend there's nothing interesting about him. We go from there. And honestly, this can go anyway, I just want to try something with 'magic'.

- A Required Marriage: Character 2 is the son to a Duke / King. He needs to settle down as the first born and pick a Queen for his Kingdom. There's a ball in which he's meant to find a Queen. The woman he finds intrigues him, so much so he picks her as a potential. His parents pick another. What he doesn't realize is Character 1, the one he's selected is a man though Character 1 doesn't realize it due to his parents twisted scheming. They're only interested in the dowry of which will be large. What will Character 1 do?

- Your Perfect Boyfriend: Character 1 is a recluse who's desperate for some form of companionship. He happens upon an ad on night for 'Your Perfect Boyfriend' - an automated robotic boyfriend to suit your needs. Only...the order is mixed up and Character 2 isn't quite what Character 1 was looking for. (There's a lot that can happen with this plot and we can chat about it!)

- Let's talk about that: Character 1 is a Therapist. He's been so fortunate - friends, family, all of which support him in life. He's become a Therapist to help those who need it. Character 2 is a (serial killer, psychopath, etc); undiagnosed. Character 1 suspects something is off and Character 2 is intrigued. We go from there.

- Waking up to you: Character 1 volunteers in his spare time. One of the ways in which he volunteers is through hospital visits. Character 2 is in a Coma and has been so for years. No one knows who he is - a John Doe. Character 1 has taken it upon himself to visit Character 1 as he feels bad for Character 2's supposed loneliness. We go from there. Character 2 could perhaps have heard Character 1's visits, he could wake up and go from there, etc.

- When forces collide: Character 1 is a Vampire Hunter. He was orphaned due to the bloodlust of vampires at a young age and was taken in by the Vampire Hunter Association. Through a series of tests, he was trained to be a Hunter...but there was something else. A test. He doesn't remember the details...only that as a result, his eyes and hair changed color. He was different...he was stronger...and he was a capable leader. Character 2 is a Vampire Lord for the region. Character 1's group has been causing issues...So much so that he launches an attack. There's a standoff, Character 1's surrender of self to him to let his encampment go. Character 1 goes along with it...for now. Starts with Character 1 and 2's first interaction together. (This has a lot of lore development on my end I can add in lmao)

- Meeting the right one: Character 1 has a twin sister. He loves her, but there's a problem. Character 1 has a very similar taste in people to his sister. Not only in looks and personality...but gender. Character 1 is gay. And Character 2 is his sister's newest fling...Character 2 is nice to him and after awhile, things go sour between Character 2 and his sister. Character 1 and Character 2 end up meeting at a bar...and Character 1 doesn't know how to handle himself.

- When Division keeps you from the right one: Character 1 and Character 2 as boys were Lords in the 1800s. Character 1's family lands on hard times and loses their fortunes...To keep Character 1, a boy from Cheap Side, Character 2's family takes him in as a Manservant for their son and the boy's boyhood friend, Character 2. When they're together, they act as friends but in public, Character 1 maintains his sub servant manservant role. The issue...Character 1 loves Character 2. Character 2 cares for him as well...But Character 2 is the Lord of the House and must take an heir and Character 1 is both male and no longer of Lord status. We go from there. (I have some plot points around this one o3ob).

Plot Nuggets (Updated: April 28th)
- NEW: Tragic reincarnated lovers
- NEW: Cuddle service
- NEW: Happenstance meetings. Super corny. Did they bump into eachother waiting down the street and felt something? Did both take the train and one rested their end on the others shoulder? Did they get stuck in an elevator together? Hush you all I'm in a corny mood ; ;
- NEW: Business Man x Photographer
- Two non-human men who start out using the other only to realize they have feelings for eachother (pairings below to help with this one~)
- A single dad meeting a younger man and the pair ending up realizing they're great for eachother
- A control freak and a partner that goes along with it
- Two characters with the the same kind of baggage, they just don't know it yet.
- Stalker/serial killer x victim
- Psychopath x Unimpeded
- D.I.D / split personalities
- Arranged Marriage
- Vampire Mafia Lord x Mix-human Hunter
- Vampire x Vampire (Thoughts are grief based but can differ)
- Vampire x Human
- Vampire x Half Incubus / Half Human
- Vampire doctor x sane mental patient who's seen a vampire (and is therefore not crazy)
- Fated Pair: At 18 you get the eye color of your true love, only to wake up and find yourself staring at a red eye in the mirror for your mates true form.
- Employer x Employee
- Clerk at a store x customer
- Downton Abbey Timeframe / Bridgerton setups (Friend x Friend / Head Butler x Butler / Lord x Manservant)
- Employee x Employee
- Psychiatrist x Patient
- Closeted Friend x Oblivious Friend
- Military
- Royalty
- Phantom of the Opera
- Demon / Shapeshifters
- Stockholm syndrome elements

Fandom
- Vampire Knight (Kaname Kuran x Zero Kiryu)
- Pet shop of horrors themed (take an episode of an unlikely tragic pairing <3) (PSoH)
- Card Capture Sakura (Touya x Yue)

This list is always evolving - let me know if you're interested in anything else!

Last edited:
I am intrigued with anything but the fandoms.
Not that I don't like the themes I just don't write fanfic anymore.

Awesome! Could you message me and let me know which of the above you're most intrigued by and we'll go from there? x3
The first and the last of the vampire ones have acquired my attention. Which ever one of them you would prefer.

Would you be keen on a Psychiatrist x patient, potentially with elements of serial killer/psychopath? If there's something else you're craving, I might be down. :)

Hello! I've actually written a vampire doctor before and loved it. Feel free to message me so we can see if our writing styles are compatible. A note, though, is I don't use discord.

Hey! I’d like to rp a MxM pairing where my character is the closeted gay and yours is oblivious. However, I don’t do fandoms so if you don’t mind writing an original plot with me feel free to message me! Also, if your characters can switch roles that would make it easier since my characters are typically both sub + dom and they oftentimes switch. If not, that’s okay, no harm done! I won’t be able to brainstorm anything tonight. I will be free tomorrow if you want to dm me!

I like the plot premise Waking up to you, When forces collide.
From plot nuggets I liked
-A single dad meeting a younger man and the pair ending up realizing they're great for eachother
- Fated Pair: At 18 you get the eye color of your true love, only to wake up and find yourself staring at a red eye in the mirror for your mates true form.

Hello there!

I must say I am quite interested in writing with you if you are still looking that is.
These plot nuggets are what took my attention:
> Two single dads meeting each other due to their kids.
> Something with the vampires?
> Employer x employee/employer.

~ Doughnut

Just read through this, very interested in your "Let's talk about that" plot. It's similar to an RP I ran a while ago and I love that darker dynamic if you're up for it!

Hello! I'd be interested in doing your Kindness Cures plot with you! I have a shapeshifter character I just wrote up actually 👀 I'd be interested in fleshing out some more plot/world ideas with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back