• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

1x1 or 1x2 Friendship Sci-fi Survival

Trend

IMPORTANT

I’m totally open to 1x1 or 1x2 --- sprawling RPs with a large cast are not my thing.

PREMISE

Once a promising site for terraforming, Theseus is now only known for its moons, which host the Federation’s prison colonies. While in transit to the human prison colony on Lander, M23-45-0602 is hijacked by an unidentified prisoner and crashed approximately 2,000 kilometers from the closest space port. The ship has since gone dark.

On the ship were twelve prisoners, three Federation agents, and two civilians (the ship’s pilot and co-pilot). A retrieval team has been sent to the last known coordinates of M23-45-0602; however, the chance that any passenger survived the crash is slim to none. The retrieval team’s purpose is twofold: (1) provide adequate life support and medical assistance for any federation agents and civilians still alive and (2) eliminate those prisoners who survived.

sshot4d19eb27c81a2.jpg

THESEUS and its MOONS

Theseus is five times the size of Earth with four moons roughly the size of Earth’s moon orbiting it. At any point in the day and night, at least one of the moons is visible from Theseus itself.

Each moon hosts a different prison colony, generally separated by species, and only prisoners who have committed crimes against the Federation are sent to the moons. Such crimes must affect or were intended to affect most or all sixteen Federation planets.

Almost 80% of Theseus is covered by a large ocean with such a high salinity that no species larger than bacteria have been observed thriving in its waters. The rest of the planet is an arid, barren wasteland, with fresh-water lakes (salinity is not zero, but it’s much less than the ocean), high sand dunes, and large plateaus and even larger mountains. The rock on Theseus seems to be faintly salty as well. Theseus, however, does have breathable air.

Lander, the moon M23-45-0602 crashed on, has a very thin atmosphere, and outside of the prison colony, it has yet to be terraformed. (What the other moons are like will be up to you.) It is extremely difficult to survive outside of Lander’s prison colony without life support for long distances, primarily because of its lack of sufficient oxygen levels.

THE FEDERATION

The Federation is a system of planets loosely allied in trade, war, and civil rights laws. Of the sixteen planets registered with the Federation, only six are heavily populated by intelligent species, and only 39% of which is human.

(I’m going to leave the official name of the Federation and the rest of its make up to you guys. 8D)

WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR re PLOT

I would really love to roleplay a survival situation with either the Federation agents, prisoners, or civilians, and, as we continue, I would like for our characters to eventually become allies, if not friends, dependent on one another for survival.

Unless both of our characters are Federation agents or the civilian pilots, we’re not going to know one another (except probably by reputation) or trust one another at the beginning.

We can discuss how to advance the RP through PM.

WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR

re POST LENGTH

I would prefer between 1 to 4 paragraphs per post as appropriate for the situation. For example, if we’re interacting with one another, a series of 1 paragraph posts would be fine because presumably our interactions are fast enough or we’re having a conversation.

& LITERACY

Regarding the literacy: I would really, really like a poster who doesn’t do run-ons; who doesn’t confuse their/they're/there, etc; and who doesn’t make pronoun agreement errors (using the wrong case or switching persons in the same sentence). Occasional spelling errors are fine, and I’m likely not going to catch it if someone accidentally slips, but when there are a lot of errors, I stop paying attention to the content. :(

& SPEED

A post every two to three days (from your last post, if there has been a response) would be ideal.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I’m totally open to new characters, here are a few of the prisoners being transported to Lander:

Grace Faron, known on several Federation planets as the Red Pirate, was tried and found guilty of drug trafficking and weapons smuggling at the time of capture. Her reputation as a mercenary and pirate, along with her reputation for her hatred for the Federation, is widespread throughout the Federation; despite her renown, however, Faron has remained active for more than a decade. The weapons Faron had been transporting were nuclear warheads. It was the weapons more than the drugs that contributed to Faron’s sentence at Lander.

Archie was caught disrupting communications between Federation planets. No record of her past or citizenship exists on any planet. After her capture, a computer virus nicknamed Spider started to spread through the colonies of the minor planets, leaking financial and defence systems information. In order to reduce her sentence, Archie agreed to trace Spider’s origins. It is suspected that Archie is at least already partially aware of the origins of the virus.

...and so on. Lander is not for persons who commit crimes within one or two cities or states.

I’m intentionally leaving the world open. What the Federation is like, how the minor planets (those without significant populations of intelligent lifeforms) are run, among other things, can be worked out beforehand or during the RP (with in character development).

Name: Herald Hickle

Was once a scientific researcher studying new bio technology to advance mankind. The company Ortus was well known for its advancements at virtually removing biological sickness in humans, from viruses to cancer. The formation of The Federation brought a boom in business as humans were exposed to alien sicknesses that the immune system had to way to fight back. Expectantly Ortus started to create functional cures allowing for proper human-alien interactions. The issues came when The Federation explored their operations to find out they were capturing native intelligent species of aliens to experiment on. While kept secret from the public to avoid the dissertation of human-alien relations the Company suffered heavy financial losses. Hickle ended serving as the scape goat being charged for attempted genocide of multiple intelligent species. Rather then receive the Death Call he was sent to Lander since The Federation knew very well the company pulled him under, though they had no proof to show this.

How is this for a character?

@Trend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back