• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

1X1 Longterm Partner

SparkleBreaker

♥ Pineapple Queen ♥
Hello there,

Let’s jump right into this, why don’t we? I’m twenty four years old and been rping for quite some time. I don’t know how many years, but it is more than three. My interests are: Toothless, making custom dolls, movies, video games, Toothless, Pokemon Go, Kayaking, and many arts and crafts. I know Toothless is in there twice that is how much I love that adorable dragon. A few interests if you feel chatty and want to talk later in OOC or if you just want to chat for funsy!

My Style

Post size is important to many, so we shall get that out of the way. I’m all over the place in this department, I’ll be honest. STOP! If you’re a detailed person that doesn’t mean I can’t push out an essay or anything. Simply, I mean I try to do all styles, casual, in-between and detailed. Each has their challenges and as a writer I like to challenge myself. I do not mirror response or demand a certain amount of paragraphs. Now my casual RPs doesn’t sacrifice grammar and coherent sentences. I still want quality and something to go off of and no you cannot do that with a one liner. Sorry folks, but that is not how I do causal.

Characters are super important to me and I will not be boxed into playing a certain gender. I play all and whatever speaks to me at the time. That means if we’re doing a Superhero and a female idea is what keeps popping into my head when I’m brainstorming that is what I’m going to play. No, I will not double just to have the gender I prefer for that character in the RP. I do multiple character and single characters for RPs, my preference is usually multiple. I do FxF, FxM, and MxM.

I'm frequently on Monday-Friday, with rare posts on the weekends from time to time. I check my phone regularly, even on the weekends, but they’re busy and I’m normally on the move. So, post normally don’t happen. I'll keep you up to date with my life and if I’ll be away for a period of time. It would be rude to do otherwise.

OOC. I want an OOC relationship with my partners. Chat it up. The most successful RPs I have, my partner and I became good friends. I’m not one to force people to post. I’m patient for goodies. That doesn’t mean I’m going to be strung along either. Two weeks, I give my partners two weeks of silence. Meaning no posts in the RP or the OOC and I’ll send you what’s up are you still interested PM. I’ll wait another week to hear from you again before removing RP from my bookmarks or PMs. If I have to constantly nudge you to respond and give me the light of day, I’ll leave the RP with notice.

What I want from my partner

Communicate to me. I’ve been disappointed over and over again with partners being flaky and ditching after one post. If that is you, don’t waste my time. Blunt, sort of harsh, but I don’t want to put the work into it if you’re not going to. Fair enough, right? I get it is intimidating to end a RP or tell your partner you don’t like something, but just do it. I’m not a ghastly monster that’ll bite your head off because you don’t like something. Be brave and don’t leave me hanging.

Bring something to the table. I’m not a mill that is just going to keep throwing ideas out for you to object or accept. This is a partner relationship, means we both put our ideas into it. You’ll find I’m pretty go with the flow kind of gal.

As stated earlier, my characters are important to me and they’re mine. Don’t try to dictate who they are. I’m not going to tell you how to make your characters, don’t do it me. Only I control my characters unless discussed otherwise and I’ve handed over the reign to my partner before. I’m open to that and have done it in the past successfully, but ask permission before doing so.

Let me know your writing style. Simple as that, since I do many styles of writing.

The guts of an RP

Plots-

Witches and Wizard:

Harry Potter Style? - Honestly, there is an endless of possibilities where we could take this. We can do a schooling of sorts. We can make it our own or have it in the Harry Potter World. I would like to steer away from the Trio Era and the next generation (Think that is how they refer to Potter’s and everyone’s kids) I love the marauders and I feel like that it isn’t as fleshed out as the Trio so we can run with our imaginations with it, so I'm open to that time era.

A witches circle- My idea for this sort of has a Tomb Raider twist to this one. If you’re not familiar with the video game, the gist is Laura Croft goes around and raids tombs for ancient artifacts. I thought it would be interesting to do something along the lines of a circle of witches traveling the globe for ancient artifacts that hold powers.

Magic realism - here the non-magic folk discover that magic really does exist. I’d like to stick to one side on this RP, either the witches or human and how their community copes with the discovery and over comes differences.

Dragons:

This idea is totally inspired by HTTYD. Dragon trainers, but the community is divided on training them since they’ve been so destructive. #Team Dragons #Kill Dragons. Seeing the dilemma? lol The leader of whatever group a people we make this, agree to give a select few time to train their own dragon to prove that they could function and benefit the community. I think making our own dragons up would be quite fun as well.

I’m open to other suggestion with dragons as they’re awesome. =D

Superheroes:

I really fell in love with Kick Ass and would like to do something similar along those lines, ordinary people being villains and superheroes. Now, I see it going two ways in my mind. A Superhero VS Villain or mix it up with real superheroes and have the ordinary human try to fight alongside the enhanced superheroes and be accepted.

I’m always open to more ideas on this as well, if you got a good plot in mind.

Time Travel:

This is very generic as my ideas consist of the basics, getting stuck in a certain time or trying to fix something from the past. There too many options and I’m just really craving a time travel part, so the rest we can discuss and flesh out.

Fairy Tales:

I love fairy tales with twists, dark or not.

Little Mermaid

Treasure Planet

Lion King

Aladdin

Pocahontas

Rapunzel

Robin Hood

Relationships-

Family relationship: Pretty self-explanatory. This would focus on siblings, parent child and whatever other family pairing you think of working through something (our plotline) and how they cope.

Platonic relationship: Besties, or friendly, non-romantic.

Intimate relationships: People romantically linked to each other. Dating, married, arranged marriage or the beginning of a blossoming relationship.

Relationships between characters are probably the part of an RP I get the most excited about. I like how characters mush or don’t. So tell me the type you’re interested in focusing on in the RP. There more out there than that, so feel free to throw them in there. I’m aware there will be multiple types of relationships in the RP, especially if we have multiple characters. I want to hear the type you’d like with our main characters. I’m really leaning towards platonic or Family relationship since I’ve done the Intimate one many of times, but I’m still willing to do it.

***If you’re still around and interested tell me your type of writing style and what you’re interested in.

How to Train Your Dragon and Treasure Planet?! -swoons- I'd be interested in chatting at you about either of those options! I typically do detailed (2-8 paragraph) RPing, but I'm a quality over quantity person, myself. If you think we might work well together, hit me up.

I'm a little bit interested in the time travel one. Shall I PM you? We can discuss writing styles and everything there.

[QUOTE="Paint The Wind]DRAGONS ARE THE BOMB

[/QUOTE]
Would you like to so something with dragons with me? =D I'm currently not doing the idea suggested and am open to other ideas.

SparkleBreaker said:
Would you like to so something with dragons with me? =D I'm currently not doing the idea suggested and am open to other ideas.
Okay! I love dragons so I'd love to brainstorm! I have an idea already. Can you pm me?

@SparkleBreaker Hi! I'd love to chat about doing a roleplay with you? You seem like my kind of gal ^^ I see that bit about dark and twisty fairy tales! I've been searching for someone to do an Alice in Wonderland RP if you're interested? Here's the link:

Fandom - Alice in Wonderland [RP Partner Search]

My rules sound a little strict, but from the looks of it you also just want a meaningful RP with a great partner, and that's all I want too. Let me know if you're up for something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still searching! Please remember I'd like to know what you'd prefer as a writing style is so I know what I'm going getting myself into.

Ah, I need you! I saw Tomb Raider in there, and after that point nothing else mattered. In other words, the idea you had about artifact-collecting witches sounds fabulous!

Typically, I'm a detailed, semi-detailed RPer. The least I'll ever give you is two paragraphs, and the most I'm likely capable of is around 7 or 8. So, please, PM me! I think that we'll work well together. :)

I would love to do either a Fairy Tale one or a Time Traveling one I sort of have a plot in mind for Time Traveling but its still a baby which I guess is best when planning an rp so we can decide together. Generally I'm a detailed RPer, my first post can be anywhere from 2-6 paragraphs so I can establish my character with a good firm beginning but after that generally around 1-3 paragraphs. :) Also usually I'm most comfortable playing Female characters, though it doesn't matter their sexuality.

I'm interested in some type of fairy tale! I usually do 2+ paragraphs unless there's not much to go on, however, I never do one liners. I'm interested in an intimate romance relationship, and I play female, but I'm happy to double.

Hello! I was interested in the superheroes thing you put. I have an idea for it, as well. As for writing style, I usually do multiple semi-detailed paragraphs. I hate it when things get too short or too detailed.

I also like the Tomb Raider/Witches Collecting and tossing in the 'Magic is real'. I like an Ancient Aliens, archaeologists in the 1920s thought it might be interesting to mush them together.

Lengths of posts depend on the situation, I usually do 2 paragraphs unless we're in a conversation then it's usually 3-4 sentences. I do world building and have no problem playing 'npcs'.

Made an account just to reply here. I would be more than happy to do the dragons idea if it is still open. If not, than perhaps time travel or something else we can come up with.

As for post length, I am everywhere with it. I won't do one liners and will always leave you with something to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back