• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy (1x1 long term)

That Lass Over There

Constant Panic
With all my partners having slinked back into the abyss of hiatus, hopefully to return within my lifetime (and theirs, especially theirs), I suppose it's time to once again go recruiting for writing slaves! Um, little story gremlins! Friends? Friends!

My Rules
1. I do not do MxF, I do not do MxM, I do not play male characters excluding very particular circumstances, and you'll occasionally see these things in NPCs but that's because I know they'll only matter for a few lines and I'd feel weird if the entire world was just made of lesbians lol. But yeah, I have FxF set up there in the title for a reason.
2. I do not care if I only see you once a month, please, dear god please, please be alive, safe, and know that I love you even if you close this interest check and never reach out to me. I don't care about post frequency, I'm on RPN for the friendships just as much as the stories and part of being a friend is caring that you're doing well and prioritizing what matters.
3. I reserve the right to send cat pics at ghosters. I also reserve the right to send cat pics at people who haven't ghosted. My fat fluffy baby is cute and I miss her over here at college.
4. Oh, uh, length? I dunno. Do whatever feels right, that's what I do. Sometimes a short post is best for a quick gut punch, and sometimes a long post is nice. As long as my eyes aren't bleeding, I'll probably love it.
5. Be ready to talk, a lot. Even just about the roleplay, not even getting into any friendly out of character hijinks, I get really nervous and timid about my own posts and always want to check I'm doing well, and I also would like it if you came to me when you aren't sure about something. We're writing together for a reason! ... Okay, two reasons, yes the cute girls count fair point.

Rules are to the left, the juicy bits are down below - I push stuff into spoiler boxes to make sure you don't have to scroll for forever to get where you want ;) Oh, and just because I have all these ideas, don't think you can't come to me with your own, or the desire to make something new together! Though I am kinda craving these so I'd appreciate giving them a look~
Hi! I'm a person! Probably!

I love people, stories, characters, emotions... Actually, I can be brought around to love most things just by proxy, because I love people and by extension I love a lot of the things that they do. I tend to care maybe too much, leading me to sort of be known as the mom of my friends even though I'm neither mature enough nor aware enough to be that good at taking care of people.

I got bleeding eyes from writing this interest check because while the formatting is nice and organized on the outside, it definitely isn't so on the inside lol. Please save me.

Generally I'd just like to be friends, write some neat stories together, maybe freak out a bit over the characters being cute together, get some in-jokes. That sort of stuff. I don't mind people who leave, ghost, or whatever, but refer to rule 2. Please be safe, and if you come back 2 years later wanting to roleplay and I'm still alive, the answer is yes, don't even bother asking. I will haunt you for the rest of your days. You will never be rid of me >:3

Oh and I'm a pretty literate writer who can but doesn't always write massive posts and I am officially +18, because I guess my age and stuff matters to some people. Personally I more care about maturity myself, I know too many 'man children'.
Also I'm really bad at synopsis's. Synopsises? Synopsi? But yeah I swear many of these ideas are a lot better than I make them sound.
A lot of these are inspired by anime! I often come out of isekai feeling that some potential was missed out on or that I would have liked to have done it differently, so I take those ideas to roleplay where I can put my own spin on them and share with someone else.

• Execution is up for discussion, but -

The basic premise of this is that initially just one character is called to another world, and assigned by the "Game Master" a quest to complete. Finish the quest, return home, maybe get a new comrade, rinse and repeat. The catches, as there always are, are as follows: the 'players', or heroes as the people of the other world recognize them, heal from any wound after a certain period of time, and as long as at least one party member is alive they can even come back from the dead. However, if all party members are dead at the same time, then it's game over - the deaths are permanent, and they'll never come back to Earth. Classes are randomly assigned by a wheel, and the abilities gained in the other world come back to Earth with them.

Of course, there may be a lot of questions on your mind, but don't worry! For each quest successfully completed, you'll get one question answered by the Game Master...
    For those familiar with the anime I stole this from, no, not everything's going to be the same. Also I know I got through it because it was 3 am and I was for all intents and purposed drunk out of my mind, but how the heck did you watch this? Seriously, it was not good.
  • Okay, so maybe I only have this one at the moment, but it's a really cool one.
    People who've read OSO, FLFO, and similar stories may find the systemic workings of this story really familiar. The tone might vary depending on what we want to do, but the game's community as a whole will be very interested in pushing progress, to 'beat' the game or some other goal that they set.

The setting of the game is a ringworld, a game with the slogan: 'If the only direction is forward, will you take that step?'
    It has a reputation for being hard as nails. Not just in the typical number inflation way, but in a way similar to Dark Souls and other souls-like games that drew that community out; the concept that knowledge is power. Knowing where the good weapons are, what skills are good and what aren't, how to farm things efficiently, the move sets and habits of enemies, the NPCs - there are so many factors to learn about and use.

Adventurer - #121
    Hey, I was trying this game out, but I noticed that even though it's supposed to be an MMO, there's nobody except me. What gives?
    Adventurer - #122
    >121 Can you walk backwards?
    Adventurer - #123
    >122 pardon?
    Adventurer - #125
    >123 Is there somewhere for you to go if you step backwards?
    Adventurer - #128
    >125 Uh, yeah.
    Adventurer - #129
    >128 You're still in the tutorial then. It's single player.

Adventurer - #1
    "Adventurer - #500
    Too many posts, I'm starting the next thread."
    Adventurer - #35
    Damn it, I've been trying to knock this son of a bitch out but I'm a support so I can't do it. Nobody told me that I can't get past the damn tutorial if I wasn't a combat class
    Adventurer - #36
    >35 Stuck on Judge's door?
    Adventurer - #39
    >36 Oi oi I have to get through more of these? Shit game
    Adventurer - #42
    >39 No, that's the exit from the tutorial. But there are other ways to get out, other 'doors'. Lots of secrets we're trying to find through newbies too. If you're getting too irritated though I think you should take a break, maybe call it quits. This game's not going to be your friend if you don't want to struggle a lot. Even crafters are having a headache, with this freeform crafting that lets them do whatever. And let's not start on the magic users, I think there's only a few of those psychos left who haven't given up and made new characters.
Um

This interest took too long to write but I really want to include this so

I'm just gonna toss this out

A fantasy world where all the countries are city-states, and everything is like an underground ant tunnel network. Light comes in from bioluminescent things, and hot stuff I guess. And the magic system is something like the sort of shamanism shown in Shaman King, whereby entreating one or many souls of the dead by one means or another you can use those souls to enact supernatural phenomena like possession, recreation of feats they were made legends for, imbuing of objects with those spirits for one purpose or another, etc.

I don't really know what we could do with this, but I do have this as sort of a book idea and that has a sort of half-baked plot idea we could maybe follow

I just

Think it's cool

'Kay bye
And vampires.
Vampires are nice. Witches too. I don't have a thing shush

OH SHIT I ALSO FORGOT TO ANOUNCE IN BIG BOLD TEXT THAT YURI IS JUSTICE alright that's fixed, phew. I can post now.

That labyrinth Master idea you listed seems really interesting! I’d definitely be up for discussing that one if you were still looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back