Advice/Help 1x1 is full of smut

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
How do I find people to do 1x1 roleplay with that isn't concerned with how Gay I am or cares more about Erotica and Romance than the actual story?

Um you can’t write erotica on this site. If you see anyone asking for it you need to report their post to the staff as it’s against Site Rules

That said I am a platonic roleplayer and there are others who are fine with platonic stories as well. I recommend putting Platonic in your search title. It will help attract likeminded people to your search.

Sadly there isn’t really a platonic tag or anything so finding people into platonic roleplays is just a matter of shifting through the romantic searches.

That might not be a bad idea though, coming up with some a directory for people who are looking for platonic partners specifically.

Um you can’t write erotica on this site. If you see anyone asking for it you need to report their post to the staff as it’s against Site Rules
Indeed, it is forbidden for you to write erotica, however 1x1 seems far more concerned with "Romance" than seems healthy for a thread. I don't feel like I'm reading an interest check there, I feel like I'm reading some Tumblerites dating profile. And while it isn't openly erotic content it just doesn't give the right impression when nearly the entire Interest check basically screams: "I'm a Transvestite Furry looking for Gay Sex online." Even if it doesn't outright say so.

Weed through the romance request threads. Make one where romance is not the focus who knows these days.

honestly, i think you should make your own interest check thread if you're coming to that conclusion about others and the 1x1 section as a whole.

just state that you don't do romance, and like stated above, maybe include that you just want platonic stuff in the title. i'm sure you'll get people who are fine with it, as there's plenty of people on the site that are fine with strictly platonic roleplays.

If you can't find a platonic RP in 1x1 then just try group RP's. Most of them don't really contain romance.

I guess you guys are right, I shouldn't be so quick to judge the whole thread. So I will now ask you all another question. One thing that confuses me about 1x1 is that they don't seem to be interest checks advertising for a particular RP but more like trying to fill a particular character, or character type (or even Player type) Is that also typical of Non Romance 1x1's? I guess this is kind of what threw me off rather than the romance in of itself. I am more oriented towards giving people more creative freedom with stuff like that as well as preferring my Romance to occur more naturally or spontaneously rather than beginning with that in mind. (It also kind of reminded me of an Online Dating page)

I only play 1x1 here and not a single time I encountered smut. It's forbidden here so if you find anyone requesting smut, report them.

Romance is another thing. Yes it's indeed very popular. So starting your own search thread where you say you don't want to have romance in rp is one way. You can also ask directly the person whose search thread interests you if they're willing to rp without romance. For some people it may be negotiable, even if they state they want romance. But not for everyone, so you should be prepared for that.

One thing that confuses me about 1x1 is that they don't seem to be interest checks advertising for a particular RP but more like trying to fill a particular character, or character type (or even Player type) Is that also typical of Non Romance 1x1's?
Usually when people post their interest check, they already have some kind of plots or themes in mind. It's very common they're looking for a specific type of characters to fit their needs. But usually it's rather loose. People may request specific gender or quality, but usually there is enough freedom to create you character. When people ask for a character who is, let's say, a vampire, then the only thing that restricts your freedom is the character being a vampire. Everything else would be in your personal discretion.

Bottom line is, there are all sorts of people on the site. Some have very strict rules, some allow for more freedom. People that look for partners for already established plots and people who have no plots in mind and are willing to rp whatever. Yes, there are things that are more common, but it doesn't mean that everyone here has the same requirements.

It can take a while to find a rp partner that would match your requirements and there is nothing wrong with that. Talk to people, see if they have any negotiable terms that would fit your preferences more. Some people do, some people don't, but you'll never know until you ask.

Again, it may be a good idea to make your own interest check where you state what your preferences are.

Last edited:
I only play 1x1 here and not a single time I encountered smut. It's forbidden here so if you find anyone requesting smut, report them.

Romance is another thing. Yes it's indeed very popular. So starting your own search thread where you say you don't want to have romance in rp is one way. You can also ask directly the person whose search thread interests you if you're willing to rp without romance. For some people it may be negotiable, even if they state they want romance. But not for everyone, so you should be prepared for that.

Usually when people post their interest check, they already have some kind of plots or themes in mind. It's very common they're looking for a specific type of characters to fit their needs. But usually it's rather loose. People may request specific gender or quality, but usually there is enough freedom to create you character. When people ask for a character who is, let's say, a vampire, then the only thing that restricts your freedom is the character being a vampire. Everything else would be in your personal discretion.

Bottom line is, there are all sorts of people on the site. Some have very strict rules, some allow for more freedom. People that look for partners for already established plots and people who have no plots in mind and are willing to rp whatever. Yes, there are things that are more common, but it doesn't mean that everyone here has the same requirements.

It can take a while to find a rp partner that would match your requirements and there is nothing wrong with that. Talk to people, see if they have any negotiable terms that would fit your preferences more. Some people do, some people don't, but you'll never know until you ask.

Again, it may be a good idea to make your own interest check where you state what your preferences are.
Thanks a ton, I totally will do. Also I already posted an interest check.

Last edited:
Indeed, it is forbidden for you to write erotica, however 1x1 seems far more concerned with "Romance" than seems healthy for a thread. I don't feel like I'm reading an interest check there, I feel like I'm reading some Tumblerites dating profile. And while it isn't openly erotic content it just doesn't give the right impression when nearly the entire Interest check basically screams: "I'm a Transvestite Furry looking for Gay Sex online." Even if it doesn't outright say so.

I think you might be a little harsh. I know a handful of threads which read like dating profiles (incidentally also against the rules and you can report them as well).

Most are merely pairing searches or plots where romance is the main focus.

Perhaps that is what is throwing you off? The pairing searches?

Ex. I’m looking for Princess x Servant or Jock x Nerd or whatever.

Those aren’t necessarily explicit or fetish based. Some people just like to focus on a love story between two characters.

That said there are a decent amount of threads that also focus on plots or prompts (even among the romance centric ones).

So another thing to keep in mind if you might have to search back a few pages. I think six pages in the 1x1 search section is a good starting point. It’s a fast moving forum so you might miss some good searches if you don’t go back far enough.

Just want to echo what the others have been saying. Erotic content (AKA Erotica) is not allowed on this website whatsoever. If you see anything you suspect may be erotic content please do the staff a favor and report it! That way we may take care of it as soon as possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back