• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

GojiBean

Your resident irradiated Kaiju King
Roleplay Type(s)
Hoyo everyone!

GojiBean here!

So, I have a bunch of different story ideas I'd like to share in hopes of finding at least 1 new RP partner to enjoy them with. I've had a hard time with Groups lately, so I'm gonna try a 1x1 and see how it goes.

Now, on to the ideas!!

Journey of the Dragon Priestess

Now, before anyone jumps to conclusions this is not necessarily a romance pairing role-play! There will always be the possibility of romance. But only if it develops naturally between her and the other main character who accompanies her on her journey.

Who's this other character?

A Dragon Slayer who's on a quest to exterminate the last female Dragon and ensure the Dragon Race's extinction. Whether it's male or female depends on whether my selected RP partner wants to play the Priestess or the Slayer, as you will have first choice of which character you want to play and I'll take the other role.

So, like I said this is not necessarily a romance pairing RP. It's an exploration of a dichotomy. Two opposing views on Dragons forced into close proximity for a journey in search of the last female Dragon. One of them hoping to save her. One hoping to slay her.

Along the way they'll both undergo numerous interpersonal and external trials and tribulations which will, hopefully, manage to help them find some level of understanding and acceptance of the other's beliefs and views (whether or not they personally end up agreeing is another matter entirely).

And, before you ask, no. I will not force romance between the two characters or help "guide" them to each other. If it doesn't happen naturally, it doesn't happen. Period.

I've seen (and been in) way too many RP's where romance is forced or rushed between two characters and doesn't feel at all natural or dynamic. And I'm done enabling that kind of weak and lackluster romantic writing in my own role-play experiences. So, if you're one of those people who likes to plan for romances to happen because "it's a romance RP so it has to happen!" then this isn't the RP for you and I'm definitely not the partner for you.

Cheers!

The Assassin and the Doctor

If you haven't noticed a theme here (lol) a lot of the ideas I'll be presenting will introduce a dichotomy.

In this particular example, it's an assassin and a doctor. One dedicated to ending lives. One dedicated to saving them. Also, this can either be modern or medieval. I'm open to your preference.

The basic story and plot for this RP revolve around the assassin receiving a life-threatening injury and, thanks to the never-ending kindness of the doctor who prioritizes her duty to save lives over her distaste for the assassin's profession, spends a long time in this doctor's care both recovering physically, and potentially recovering mentally and emotionally from the traumatic background which led them to this life in the first place.

Just like before romance will be optional if it happens naturally. But again, I will not force or "guide" it into happening no matter how much you fall in love with the idea of the romance becoming a thing. Natural development always supersedes an artificial timeline to satisfy your want to see the final result. Both in real life, and in good (and great) writing.

Dueling Dragons

So! This one should be interesting!

This RP is about two Dragons, both male by the way, who occupy overlapping territory. And, as you might imagine, two males with overlapping territory are bound to clash. And clash they will.

However, this clash will not just affect them. It will affect the environment around them, as well as human settlements within their territory. And over time the effects of the clashes, and just the fact that two Dragons live so close to one another, will begin to seep into the story and you'll see the world start to react as time goes on.

Eventually, we may encounter Dragon Slaying teams set against us. Or, perhaps, fell magics the humans are turning to in desperation to stop us and thus unleashing a power they don't fully understand?

I'm honestly open to ideas and suggestions about what kinds of obstacles we could face along the way. So if you have ideas, lay em on me and we'll talk about how to incorporate them into the RP.

Hostile World Survival

So, this one can be either buddy-buddy RP or a potential romance RP where our characters are both colonists on a hostile, but beautiful, alien world and are struggling to survive after the ship bringing them to the planet was caught in a sudden and violent atmospheric storm. The ship landed in the ocean about a mile off shore. And although it's largely in tact almost all hands perished in the crash save for our two and a few other small groups who ended up getting separated from us. This was in part due to them grouping up and leaving at a different time than we did. Point being, we're not the sole survivors, but we only have each other right now.

Along the way I'm open to potentially joining up with the other people from the ship, or we can encounter them and find them to have gone insane and have to put them out of their misery. Either way.

Still, I think this'll be a fun and interesting one for anybody who's a fan of survival games. Lol.

School Life Shenanigans

So, this is your classic anime trope. School slice of life!

This will be either a high school slice of life, or a college slice of life. I won't go younger than Juniors in high school who are between the ages of 16-17 years old. I like watching anime where age doesn't matter because the comedy is the focal point. But when it comes to RP's, I generally don't play anyone younger than 16 and I prefer my RP partner do the same this time around.

This RP won't really have a true "story" or "plot." It will simply revolve around our characters being school kids and just trying to live day to day.

They'll have to deal with study struggles, bullies, friends having personal problems, personal tragedies or other personal and major life-changing events, random accidents, misunderstandings, the works.

Basically, if you've seen it in an anime that focuses on school slice of life, it's probably going to happen in this RP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

And that's it!!

If one or more of these ideas takes your fancy then let me know and we can talk about kick starting a lil' RP!

Cheers!

~ GojiBean

Users who are viewing this thread

Back