• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy 1x1 Exalted 2.5 game with Sidereals - Closed

Psychie

Princess Psychie
I have a great love of Exalted, and have a desire to try my hand at running a 1x1 game with the main character being a high Essence Sidereal. I want only one, maybe two people in this so I don't get overwhelmed, especially since the Sidereal Martial Arts are sooooo crazy.

I would have to look the sheet over to make sure it is in line with what I have planned, but probably.

A game of a character with an Essence level of at least 5, and a good amount of SMA charms to make the character a real icky opponent.

Okay.

After a bit more thought, I think I might sit this one out. As much as I enjoy gaming with you and everyone else, I'm not entirely sure about returning to 2.5E's systems. You have a good time though.

If you were using Exalted Essence, I might be more interested.

Anyway, I'm gonna head off to bed now. It's about half-eleven for me.
That is an idea, but I am not up to speed on it enough to risk running it without ruining the game.

Sleep well.

I adore Sidereals. I would absolutely be interested, whether it's 2.5e, one of the 3e homebrews, or Essence (Ee?).

I will say that Essence is simple enough, and managing high essence 2.5e games challenging enough, that you're likely to be less overwhelmed by learning Essence from scratch than trying to run a single combat encounter in E5+ 2.5e. I think our first fight in Sherwood's high essence 2.5e Sidereal game was enough to kill him. The issue with Essence for a high essence game is there aren't many high essence Charms in the book, but on the flip side Charms are vastly easier to write. If you're brave enough to run 2.5e, I'm certainly brave enough to play it.

Exalted! I haven't read it yet, but I'm in.
I adore Sidereals. I would absolutely be interested, whether it's 2.5e, one of the 3e homebrews, or Essence (Ee?).

I will say that Essence is simple enough, and managing high essence 2.5e games challenging enough, that you're likely to be less overwhelmed by learning Essence from scratch than trying to run a single combat encounter in E5+ 2.5e. I think our first fight in Sherwood's high essence 2.5e Sidereal game was enough to kill him. The issue with Essence for a high essence game is there aren't many high essence Charms in the book, but on the flip side Charms are vastly easier to write. If you're brave enough to run 2.5e, I'm certainly brave enough to play it.
Awesome sauce! I'll go ahead and lock this down to the two of you, because I don't want to be overwhelmed by the stuff that the SMAs can pull out.

Give me a moment and I'll add some links to a OOC and Character Creation thread.

I will say though, that I'm too inexperienced with 2e to really be able to help you get the hang of DMing one. And as much as I love martial art char or martial art themed games, you would probably be better off with one of the others due to factors mainly relying around extensive hand holding.

Awesome sauce! I'll go ahead and lock this down to the two of you, because I don't want to be overwhelmed by the stuff that the SMAs can pull out.

Give me a moment and I'll add some links to a OOC and Character Creation thread.
Or not.

Wooo! Accepted!

Or not.

Wooo! Accepted!
lol You always make me laugh, my friend.

Shame to miss out on this one, but best of luck to all of you. Have fun!
Given your knowledge of 2.5e, you might be a better candidate than I am. You can likely help her much more than I could in DM practice.

I love me some MA stuffs. But I think Rykon Rykon will probably be more beneficial in keeping SMA from being as overwhelming as it is.

So I shall bow out, and wish you the best of luck, and I'll be around if you need me for anything!

Sounds like a cool concept. Hate to miss out and love that you thought of me. I don't know that I could manage 2.5, let alone MA. That's so many books. LOL.

You guys enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back