• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

1983: Doomsday

High Moon

Relic of a Bygone Age
Roleplay Type(s)

latest

The world as we know it ended on 26th of September 1983, the moment;
''a Soviet officer now on duty considers the alert to be accurate and immediately contacts his superiors. Within minutes, the leaders decide to launch the whole Soviet nuclear arsenal. Logically, the Americans react by launching as well. By the time the first alerted missile is proven to be a false alarm, it is too late. Thousands of nuclear warheads subsequently detonate over targets worldwide. Surprisingly, the People's Republic of China was attacked by Soviet nuclear missiles as well, and part of their arsenal is launched in response at the USSR.

The results of this total nuclear exchange are close to the forecasts of almost complete worldwide destruction and the "nuclear holocaust" as predicted by many scientists of this time. This results in as many as a billion people killed initially, and another billion in the subsequent environmental disaster that followed shortly thereafter.''

The predictions were false and the Human race persisted, living their lives in the shadow of the Nuclear Decimation. the year is 2011 now and the nations of the world are re-building themselves, some having emerged after the Doomsday.

This RP will be based on the 1983: Doosmday timeline that is still ongoing on the Althistory wiki.

All questions regarding lore are to be directed to me so I can provide you info or links if you want.

Admins: Braddington Braddington

Hypnos Hypnos Braddington Braddington BLK BLK Spacekitty Spacekitty Blex Blex Pat Pat

Interested, ill reserve Mangystau
Basic information on what the terrain, climates, international communications are like would be helpful (for example, has this nuclear genocide brought a relentless nuclear winter for most of the world, or heated it to where frozen places now rest under the sea of the melted ice, and the equator is a scorching hotbed, uninhabital, maybe international communications have been knocked out, ect ect)

Basic information on what the terrain, climates, international communications are like would be helpful (for example, has this nuclear genocide brought a relentless nuclear winter for most of the world, or heated it to where frozen places now rest under the sea of the melted ice, and the equator is a scorching hotbed, uninhabital, maybe international communications have been knocked out, ect ect)
There's a whole Wiki to answer these questions, but as far as I know, this world is mostly like our's. Communications have been largely reestablished (if they even broken off in the first place) except perhaps for smaller factions in fallout areas. South America and Africa for example, have been more or less unaffected by this when it comes to the environment, at least, immediately.

Last edited:
No nothing like Nuclear winter took place, and the Geography didn't change much other than most big cities were wiped off the map thanks to seizing much of the USSR's Caspian Fleet. It's main objective is to trying to not get annexed by the USSR.

Mangystau Republic (1983: Doomsday)

oooh, but then agaiiiiin, waaait.
gah! im reading more and more, this is a really cool scenario, it might be a bit before i finalize a choice XD

Well the core team is alive and We occasionaly talk about it but with the update and lack of any substentaial Player-base I never started it.

I'd be interested too if you manage to get this thing off the ground. Not sure which countries are already chosen, I think I'd want to try my hand at Iran.

As someone who is very slightly knowledgeable on this, the grey is either wasteland or groups/bands of people that aren't nations.

Also I could do with Prussia. If you want a spicy fascist nation I could be Santa Cruz though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back