• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 1970s Gangster RP - Interest Check (Limited Spots)

Misty Gray

Pessimisty
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

A 1970s Gangster RP
The Irish Mob

New York City, New York, July 1971

1552773980263.png
:: IC THREAD :: CHARACTER SHEETS ::
'Paint it Black' - The Rolling Stones

INTRODUCTION

Almost six years ago, the Porters of the Irish Mob emigrated and moved their business operations from Dublin, Ireland to New York, USA. After the former New York Boss, Liam Sullivan, was killed, James Porter had agreed to take control of the business in the man's place. The Porters saw great opportunity in New York, especially in the wake of the Mayor and the Gardai cracking down heavily on organised crime back in Dublin.

In June 1971, the war on drugs was declared by President Nixon. Although it was seen as a definite crackdown to most, the Mob saw nothing was actually being done by government, so took the opportunity to take over and control the drugs business themselves. Whilst this has brought in more profit and power to the Porters, it has also brought in new rivals and smaller gangs attempting to threaten the Mob's empire. Despite being in control of the city for some years, the Mob's rivals bring great challenges to the Porters.

In such a dangerous city, where violence, gang rivalries and organised crime are in heavy operation, who will be the last one standing?

** This RP will be drama, family and character driven - like a violent soap opera! There will be plenty of opportunities to form relationships within the RP and build up your character(s) depth. There will also be storylines which may involve threats, arguments, physical/mental torture, character deaths and other dark subjects you're likely to find in a gangster story! Essentially, though, it's bound to be heavily focused on relationships - love and hate! **

*** Porter/Sullivan Family Tree ***
**** Current Character Thread ****

• These roles are currently all open for new players:
    Characters can be friends, love interests. Perhaps they have no desire to be involved in the criminal activities or maybe it's tempting to them. I'm open to discussion:
    • Gang Members - x3

Rules

1. Misty Gray Misty Gray Bellz Bellz Pyroclast Pyroclast are the GMs.
2. Reserving a role requires a writing sample. Before we will reserve a role for you, please PM Misty Gray Misty Gray a writing sample - it can be something previously written or something based on the character you wish to submit. Post in this thread which role you are auditioning for and then drop me a PM.
3. Romance is a wonderful thing and I encourage it, but fade to black if things become sexual.
4. No bumping off others’ characters without discussing it with the GMs first.
5. Please only join if you can commit to posting at 3+ times per week and don’t plan on leaving any time soon!
6. Profanity is acceptable, within reason. No need to make it excessive.
7. Please try to write 2+ paragraphs per post. One-liners will make me sad.

Last edited:
In case anyone is worried about the RP dying, this is actually the third RP in a series.
The Oath - late 1940s
Family Affairs - late 1950s
(A bit of light reading to give you an idea of what to expect.)

Since the second one is wrapping up, the GMs are starting up the interest check, looking for those that feel like they would enjoy joining us for another jaunt into the world of organized crime.

I look forward to writing with you! :33:

In case anyone is worried about the RP dying, this is actually the third RP in a series.
The Oath - late 1940s
Family Affairs - late 1950s
(A bit of light reading to give you an idea of what to expect.)

Since the second one is wrapping up, the GMs are starting up the interest check, looking for those that feel like they would enjoy joining us for another jaunt into the world of organized crime.

I look forward to writing with you! :33:

I knew it was connected to the others when I caught the decade consistencies in the interest check! Danke schon!
If only I have enough time to read it all... hnnnnggg.
Looking forward to the RP!

Don't worry, though. You're certainly not expected to read the previous RPs. We'll make it easy for you to join this one, which is in a new location and with new adversaries. I will also make sure to fill you in on any relevant history that would personally relate to the character(s) you want to play.

Don't worry, though. You're certainly not expected to read the previous RPs. We'll make it easy for you to join this one, which is in a new location and with new adversaries. I will also make sure to fill you in on any relevant history that would personally relate to the character(s) you want to play.
Oh did u open this back up Misty?

Wanted: Gang members to join the Irish Mob
- Must be loyal and committed to the mob.*
- Apply via PM. We can't have those stinking cops listening in...
- Empire City: The Irish Mob - IC (Open)

*Disclaimer: This is for long-term/committed players. The RP is ongoing, with no intention of ending any time soon, and would suit those interested in exploring their characters and the plot over time. There's all kinds of storylines and twists in the works, so join us for the ride!

If interested, drop me a PM with any ideas you have. We're looking more for gang members (soldiers, bodyguards, business managers, etc). Characterisation will be a big part, so relationships/friendships are encouraged.

I must stress, we want players who intend on sticking around.

I know I've invested before back in the day, I do have some time on my hands and potentially will give this another shot if you'd consider having me again Misty Gray Misty Gray ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back