• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 1940s Gangster Drama - Interest Check (Temporarily Open - PM me)

Misty Gray

Pessimisty
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

I ran a similar RP on a previous forum and I'm missing a good old-fashioned gangster RP.

The setting will be in Chicago and will take place in the late 1940s. The setting will be realistic to that time period, but our characters and the family names will all be fictional ones. The main focus will be on the Italian family of mobsters running Chicago, along with their adversaries and law enforcement.

I'd like this to be quite open and collaborative, with at least 2 paragraphs per post (when possible). Subplots are welcome as will some "secret" plots which I may well arrange with some players via PM. This will be very character focused but there will be many opportunities for physical conflict and action too. It won't be smiles and sunshine, so don't be surprised if your character ends up suffering! The two main gang bosses hate each other on a personal level, so their families are expected to as well... not that things are ever going to be so simple. This will be very relationship-focused; love/hate, friends/enemies, etc.

Places I am keen to be filled are below, but I am open to further ideas and discussion. Multiple characters are welcomed and encouraged.

Italians:
Mob Boss (my character)
Consigliere/Right-hand man
Boss' Wife
Son 1
Son 2
Daughter 3
Daughter 4
Gang Members (no limit on characters)

Enemy Gang (TBD):
Boss (to be discussed with me before submitting a character to agree on history)
Wife
Sons and Daughters (up to 4)
Gang Members (no limit on characters)

Others:
Civilians
Police Force

Last edited:
Eh, why not? I need some Godfather-esque rp in my life. I'll be willing to play a gangster. I do, however, have a question. Is there going to be a hierarchy within the mob? As I'm sure you know, The Italian Mafia is a bit complex with its ranking structure.

Eh, why not? I need some Godfather-esque rp in my life. I'll be willing to play a gangster. I do, however, have a question. Is there going to be a hierarchy within the mob? As I'm sure you know, The Italian Mafia is a bit complex with its ranking structure.
Whilst I don't think there'll be enough players/characters to fill every role, it will follow a standard Mafia hierarchy, such as below. Consigliere/Right-hand man would be a good character for someone to play, now I think about it. The main enemy gang won't be as complex and picky in their members - whoever gets the jobs done and is loyal!

400px-Mafia_family_structure_tree.en.svg.png

Definitely interested in being the consigliere. Though, I have to ask, is it alright if they're female?
It's possible, but she would have had to prove herself to the Boss quite significantly. Part of that could have been helping to keep things in order whilst he was away at war (WW2).

I should be able to finish and post up the OOC & Character Sheet threads tomorrow evening.

I may also be looking for a co-GM, but the catch is they would have to play the boss of the other gang and be committed to the RP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back