• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 1936: Gathering Storm (World War II alternative history RP)

TheWeapon

No weapon formed against me shall prosper.
The main concept comes from the games like Hearts of Iron 4, where you take the charge of an entire nation, militarize it, revolutionize it in the political or industrial aspects, or whatever you really want to do with it. But since the nation building roleplays are mostly consisting of just a bunch of news titles and stuff like that (Which I find extremely boring) I wanna add a character development twist into it.

We can really do the chapters in any country you are most interested in and we'll start the timeline in 1936, and that's when the alternative history takes place. You can put your character in one of the Spanish civil war sides and roleplay your way through the entire war, continuing your effort to unite the Spain under the same flag and ideology. What you do next when you have enough power will be completely up to you. Wanna follow the original timeline? You're free to do that. As I said you can take put your character in some lower political position if you'd like to, leader of a political party, or even a country if you are having some interesting plans. We'll slowly build everything up and set up how the world might react to your actions.

When I say the character development is highly encouraged about this, I mean the storyline and how your character became this powerful person who's changing the course of history. I'd be so satisfied if I could play it 1x1 with someone who's interested enough for at least one reply per a day. Surely if you have some reform ideas about overthrowing a government from inside and setting up your own and then taking a part in the upcoming world war, this might take a week for us to roleplay it, but I'm sure we'll find it interesting. If I could find enough interest from players, I'd of course create a wiki for this. Let me know what you think!

This sounds interesting. Not a big fan of 1x1 though, but this sounds like something up my alley if there would be at least a few partakers.

This sounds interesting. Not a big fan of 1x1 though, but this sounds like something up my alley if there would be at least a few partakers.
Can definitely do it with a group but this specific scenario requires to get the attention some specific people, hopefully some people will eventually show interest and then we can do something with it. In this case the other people's actions can also affect the other players, which is fun.

So where do we start?
The in-character location really depends on your own interest. Like something that most of the people are interested in and have some good information about can be the Soviet Union? Like for example, Let's say that you're interested in roleplaying as an American spy, sabotaging the important points of the central government in Kremlin, starting your own political movement under cover to overthrow the soviet regime so you know there's nothing threatening you from the east when the things get ugly. This can happen in 1936 when nothing crucial have happened in Europe yet. Think of possible RP opportunities you can have as an important figure involved in Russian second civil war but this time in 1936, climbing yourself to the top with this way? Now this is just a simple idea, you might be interested in roleplaying your character in Germany? Maybe even minor powers like Austria? Bulgaria? Any of the South American countries to convert them into your ideal ideology and take part into this, seeing what can happen next? Be my guest. I'm open for ideas and suggestions for this thing. It's just an alternative history we can write together and have fun with, with characters being the main focus of you, and me taking care of how world might evolve around you.

hi
sounds very intresting
i really have no clue to how this plays but i put my confidence in your experties

Hey there! As a paradox player who has spent countless hours (and countless amounts of money on DLCs) and an avid history fan this looks like a great rp for me! I was wondering if you were still looking for a player even after all this time! Also I'm fine with it being just a 1x1!

Hey there! As a paradox player who has spent countless hours (and countless amounts of money on DLCs) and an avid history fan this looks like a great rp for me! I was wondering if you were still looking for a player even after all this time! Also I'm fine with it being just a 1x1!
Sure I do! Aaand, yeah, I'm still looking to do this thing. I might be a little bit busy these days but surely can find some time during the week to take care of the ideas. I'll drop you a message.

Hi. I know this was ages ago, but this seems interesting so I'm just asking if this is still a thing or no.

Hi. I know this was ages ago, but this seems interesting so I'm just asking if this is still a thing or no.
Sure thing, I'm still interested in doing something like this in a 1x1 format. Hit me up if you're about it.

I had a similar idea. Not so much war related (perhaps trying to avoid the war altogether). I would really like to role play a time traveler who finds himself in 1935 with his smart phone and the clothes on his back (fortunately he had an offline copy of Wikipedia on his smartphone). Anyway, I'd be curious to observe this one anyway.

I would like to join this one, i actually have been wanting to do one like this for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back