• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings 18+ multi fandom and original: Naruto Craving

KenKafka

Starving Artist
Welcome to my search thread! I try to keep it succinct and up to date. Thank you for reading!

Important:
  • I'm over 21 and prefer 18+ partners regardless of RP content
  • My content leans very adult and often dark, let me know your limits
  • Please ask me about anything !

General:
  • I sometimes have trouble with past and present tense, but I am working on it!
  • I like paragraphs/multi-paragraph
  • I have only certain canon characters I like to play, but I also play OCs
  • I usually reply very quickly, but not always
  • Yes, do get chatty with me OOC, I am very talkative
  • I love to plot and really appreciate your input
  • Ships can be gay, straight, or poly; I luv poly ships of all kinds and I'm open to a lot
  • Romance is *not* mandatory! Unrequited love, bromance, or any platonic relationship is great too.
  • I'm very down for crossovers, AUs, and canon divergent
  • Discord available
  • Ghost friendly
I don't do coding or fancy graphics. No GIFS or flashing images please!!

What I'm looking for in a partner:
Dedication to the character is the most important thing to me. Know your character inside and out.
Personal flavor is welcome, but not contradictory to canon.
Focus on your own character and let me handle mine, please.
I appreciate help with plotting and good communication.
Good grammar. I don't need you to be an expert, but I need to understand your posts.
You can play any character you want! I don't need to be the vampire to your human, your character is up to you!

Fandoms:
Interest ranking 1-5 stars*
Not currently interested (-)

Yu Yu Hakusho (-)
Will play: Hiei
Looking for: Yusuke, Yukina, Mukuro, or OC
Ships with: Kurama, Yusuke, possibly OC
01: Open Secrets
Yukina has known Hiei is her brother for a while, but can anyone convince him to confess?

02: Thick as Theives
Casual idea in which Hiei swipes a cigarette off Yusuke and finds it pleasant. He takes to stealing smokes and booze from convenience stores and sharing with Yusuke while they chill and talk about life.

Berserk (-)
Will play: Guts
Looking for: Griffith, Casca
Ships with: Griffith and/or Casca (poly)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (-)
Will play: Ikari Shinji
Looking for: Any
Ships with: Kaouru

Dragon Ball Z (-)
Will play: Vegeta
Looking for: Goku, Frieza, Raditz, Nappa, Other Saiyans, OC
Ships with: Goku and Bulma (poly)
Idea 01:
During his time working for Frieza, Vegeta conquers world after world. Having annoyed Frieza recently, he was sent alone to a barren and inhospitable planet to check for hidden resources. Knowing this is a crap job designed to potentially kill him doesn't change a thing, he has to do as he's told. In order to survive, he will need help from a local. Alternatively, if you would rather play Raditz or Nappa, they can be sent together on a similarly crap mission and have to work together to survive. The situation forces Vegeta to accept help and possibly bond with his companions. Lot's of talking about how shit Frieza is if it's a team up with his fellow Saiyans. It is harder to get him talking with strangers.

Idea 02: AU
The Saiyans are not under Frieza's rule and have continued to advance as a species. In order to solidify Prince Vegeta's reign, King Vegeta arranges for him to marry a powerful Saiyan woman. Being the ever dutiful son, the Prince must go along with it, but can he bring himself to love her? And what about the one he is already smitten with? Does she even like him? Is there already someone special in her life as well?
---
Vegeta's love interest is Kakarot. Lots of options here for playable characters! I can double as needed.

Idea 03: Pet Prince
This is meant specifically for someone to play Frieza! "Plot" might be too strong a word for this, more like a general idea. Very open to interpretation with possiblly suggestive themes.
Wanting to keep Vegeta in check and make certain he knows his place, Frieza comes up with new ways to humiliate him.

Idea 04: Return of the Saiyans!
Set at any point in time after Frieza's death, a group of renegade Saiyans comes to Earth after hearing a rumor about a powerful Saiyan warrior who supposedly lives there.

Idea 05: Violence is the answer
A loose idea for a very violent story! Based in the time when Vegeta worked for Frieza, covering his experience(s) with massacring entire races. Graphic and very dark as it deals with genocide. I do not want to gloss over how evil this is. Preferred partner: Raditz, Frieza.

The Legend of Zelda (-)
Will play: Link
Looking for: any
Ships with: Ganon and/or Zelda (poly)

Naruto (canon divergent) *****
Will play: Uchiha Sasuke
Looking for: Itachi
Ships with: Naruto, Itachi

Will play: Uchiha Itachi
Looking for: Sasuke, Kakashi, Naruto, any
Ships with: ...
Note: in all my Naruto stories, I prefer to keep things more realistic and have less magic powers for everyone. I do not want any magical ninja combat, ever, period.

AU-
Mob/Gang related
This is a very broad idea, but basically some kind of gang or mafia type setting. The Uchiha can be a current group, or deceased. I have some ideas for it. Crossover friendly.

Monster Hunter
Sasuke is some kind of hunter for the supernatural; demons, witches, vampires, werewolves, etc. Another vague idea that could go anywhere really.

Shinobi Work *****
Gritty reality based in a more realistic setting with more accurate ninja. This can go in a lot of directions.
Darker themes: drug use, addiction, prostitution, murder. Sasuke is going to have an addiction problem.

Divergent-
Itachi doesn't die after his fight with Sasuke, but both are saved by Naruto and the others. Drama, angst, adjusting to life again. Ita/Sasu romance always optional based on your preference.

Itachi tells Sasuke about the coup, but he isn't able to stop it and they have to leave the village together. OR Sasuke is able to stop it and they both stay in the village.

The Fourth Hokage defeats Tobi during the Nine Tails attack and the Uchiha coup is subverted. Happy version of events, families are alive. As a result of this, the Uchiha in the village are not blamed, though suspicions remains. Relations are tense.

Genre interests:
Favorite: Drama, angst, horror, tragedy, adventure, romance
Other: comedy, action, slice of life

Setting interests:
Favorite: Supernatural, fantasy, historical, gritty reality
Other: Sci-fi

Favorite roles:
Princes & Knights
Samurai, swordsman in general
Demons of all kinds
Witches in dark swamps
Monsters with a heart of gold and a taste for flesh

Please send a DM if interested and let me know what you have in mind.
All outside comments in this thread will eventually be deleted.

Last edited:
Hiei

Not being yet 100 years old, Hiei is still an adolescent. His attitude reflects this, being immature and emotionally underdeveloped to say the least. Though he is not quick to show compassion, he does have good in him and is willing to show mercy to those who ask for it. He is not able to be open about his softer feelings and will usually lie to save face, though most of his lies are easy to see through. His view of himself is low, with the idea that he is worthless and abhorrent being founded on his very earliest memory.

Frigid air whirled around him, but Hiei was unaffected by the biting cold. His newly implanted eye was focused on something far away, a shape forming in the clouds, an island of ice; the place of his birth and banishment. Heat and hatred rose in his heart, her screams still echoing in his mind, piercing and painful. The only person with whom he'd shared a connection, the woman who loved him, who shed a tear for him. He intended to wash away this pain with their blood. Briefly, he wondered what would happen after. Would revenge truly bring the peace and closure he sought, or would it only open more wounds? Would she be there? Would she come to hate him too? He shook his head to clear it, knowing these questions would not have an answer until it was done. There was nothing to do but to see this through, to whatever end.

Once he'd spotted the floating city, it was only a matter of hours before he arrived. His mother's people, his own people, were timid and terrified. They were like ghosts, and in that way, already dead. There was no point in exacting revenge against those living such a pathetic existence. The desire to kill faded and his hatred cooled, giving way to pity and disgust. He pressed on in search of the one who mattered. At the edge of the village, an old woman was being seen off by her junior. Hiei recognized them both immediately, their faces burned into his memory. The hag who had given the order and Rui who carried it out. The bitch who threw me away.

Rui turned, startled by the sound of his footsteps. On seeing him she began to tremble and back away. "Don't be frightened, I won't hurt you," Hiei reassured. "I'm looking for a woman I used to know. Her name is Hina."

Playlist

Last edited:
Link

First and foremost, Link is scared of most things. He's brave, not fearless. Fear is what motivates him and gives him strength. The only way to fight your fear is to literally fight it. Anything frightening that can't be fought with violence is automatically more terrifying than any dangerous situation. When it comes to intamacy, he's going to try and flee as fast as possible. Definitely he has intimacy issues, but no trouble committing. He is fiercely loyal. If someone needs help, he will always do whatever he can, even if they actively tell him not to. Though he is usually passive with people, he is vicious against enemies. He is incredibly stubborn when he has his mind set to something. In other ways, he is very much a complete push over and can be convinced to do just about anything with relative ease, provided it isn't against his morals. Speaking of morality, Link is a mixed bag. Stealing is fine, spying on people is also fine, and lying is totally reasonable, all provided it's for a good cause. I lean towards playing him as polite, but sassy. He can be extremely childish and often acts without thinking. He is a being of pure instinct with very little insight. Still, he is clever when he has to be and exceptionally resourceful.

The expanse of Hyrule field lay before him, a shimmering sea of green flecked with dots of color where the wild flowers now flourished. Its vastness was exaggerated by the ruins of a kingdom that once stood so strong and so familiar. Now, only ghosts and memories filled the empty houses of the people they were meant to protect. Link bowed his head, taking a moment to grieve for the lives lost. Guilt and remorse were as familiar now as the halls of Hyrule castle had once been. In the distance it stood more imposing than ever, cloaked in the ominous clouds conjured by The Calamity.

The sickening weight of fear twisted inside his stomach and set his heart to racing. Gritting his teeth, he thought of Zelda, still trapped in the castle alongside the monster. Wanting nothing more than to rush headlong towards the very thing that filled him with dread, he took a deep breath and, instead turned reluctantly away. "I'm coming, Princess ... As soon as I can." His eyes stung remembering Zelda as she was back then, when life was full of hope and the threat of calamity only a shadow on the horizon.

After what felt like an eternity, Link was finally ready to face The Calamity once again. With his heart racing, his tunic drenched in sweat from the onslaught of guardians he'd faced before arriving at the doors to the throne room, he draws The Master Sword. Gripping it tightly, his shield secured on the other arm, he takes a few deep breaths, steadying himself for what's to come. Link charges forward in single minded determination, "For you, Zelda."
The Calamatiy rises from a pile of sickly black ooze, releasing a putrid smell into the air. Link recoils, covering his face with his sword arm. He tries to move, but his feet are stuck fast. Overcome with fear, he's suddenly paralyzed! The shadow laughs, deep and menacing. Mockingly, it sneers, "It's too late, hero!" spitting the last word like a curse.
A white shape drops from the dark sludge, making an awful sound as it crashes down to the stone floor. The shape, he sees, is Zelda's body, limp and lifeless. "No!!" He reaches out, but his legs refuse to move. The laughter grows to a deafening roar and the shadow swallows them both.

Waking suddenly in a cold sweat, Link jolts upright, reflexively grabbing the hilt of the sword which is his constant companion. Looking around frantically, he sees Zelda is sleeping fitfully, but remains safely tucked in her bedroll by the embers of their camp fire. He takes a minute to catch his breath, wiping away the tears that had been flowing freely. Looking to the horizon, he sees the first hint of light beginning to turn the dark night to a grey morning. Getting up, he packs his bedroll away and removes his now soaked tunic, hanging it in a tree to dry. Not wanting to wake her just yet, he walks around the immediate area, keeping Zelda in his sight. While gathering wood to rekindle the fire, he takes in the quiet of this moment, relishing the crisp morning air and the tranquility it brings. He wishes it would last, dreading the inevitable time when their peace will be shattered once again.

Before the Sun has had a chance to fully rise, Link has already rekindled the fire to a strong blaze. He sets to work prepping and cooking mushroom omelets for their breakfast, wanting it to be ready by the time his Princess wakes. A memory replays in his head, as it has many times before, of Zelda standing at the foot of The Great Deku Tree, saying she has a message for him. Link's heart thumps loudly as he wonders what she could possibly have wanted to say. He dares not to hope, trying to remain neutral to the possibilities while suppressing his expectations and desires. "Don't be a fool, Link... It's not what you're thinking. It's not. ... It's probably not. Is it?" he wonders to himself. Glancing up, he sees she's beginning to stir. The Sun is up now in earnest, shining a soft speckled light down between the gently rustling leaves.

"Good morning, Princess! Time to eat!" He puts on a cheerful smile, showing no sign of his troubles. Sitting by the fire with one heaping plate of food in each hand, grinning at her like a child, feet bare and dressed in trousers alone, he seems not to have a care in the world.

Playlist; BOTW/general

Last edited:
Prince Vegeta

Vegeta is an alien, his views and attitude reflect that. When it comes to Dragon Ball Super and some petty things that were anime only (his seeing pink as a woman's color for example) I don't consider that as canon or accurate.

Saiyans are a somewhat lawless and barbaric race, having very few rules or social norms. They do as they please, but answer to those more powerful, taking orders only from the strongest fighters. Vegeta has a mix of Saiyan culture from his earliest years and influence from Frieza. He himself is not able to tell the difference, both influences being too deeply woven into him. Vegeta is excessive in every way, from his stubborn and willful attitude, his inability to admit when he's wrong, and his huge ego, he is larger than life. The only thing small about him is his stature and maybe his mindset. It takes a lot for him to learn as he is older and very much set in his ways. This stubbornness and strength, along with his ability to bottle up feelings he can't deal with, is what enabled him to survive under Frieza's rule. Deep down, he has a good heart. He is loyal, honest, dedicated, hard working, and to the small few who earn it, loves without restraint, though he is not good at showing it.

"An asteroid struck Planet Vegeta and it was destroyed. Lord Frieza sends his sympathies. As of now, you're the only known survivor."

The grave news received by the young Prince fails to illicit a significant reaction. Vegeta makes no sign to show his true feelings, merely acknowledging the information without sending a reply. He sits alone in the desolate wasteland of his own creation, surrounded by the corpses of countless enemies. "As of now, you're the only known survivor."
With the words still ringing clear in his ears, he removes the scanner, tossing it casually to the side after switching off the receiver. There would be no more relevant news and he could be sure no one would think twice of him needing a moment of silence.
"The only survivor... Father was weak after all. How could he have let this happen?! An asteroid... What a joke. Does Frieza take me for such a fool?"
He stands with his head held high, fists clenched in anger. "I won't forgive you for this, Frieza! You will pay for what you've done! How dare you betray us after we've served so faithfully, bowing and scraping while doing anything you ask!! How dare you!" Though his thoughts and heart are racing, head swimming with a myriad of emotions, he can not allow himself to show anything but rage. Even that, he can only express privately. "I won't make the mistakes of my Father. I will never let complacency lead me to weakness. I will be stronger than any Saiyan has ever dreamed of! I will be better than all who came before! Never will I trust in anything but my own strength. This I promise. Frieza... One day you will regret sparing my life. I will be the death of you, I swear it."

Home at last, Vegeta makes it to his bed before finally collapsing. Laying face down, he groans, mostly from frustration, partly from the pain in his ribs. After catching his breath, he inhales deeply, then puts his face down again to scream into the mattress. Muttering into the bed, "Stupid Kakarot. Stupid..." and other assorted vague curses. Hearing the soft click of the door being opened, he stops.
"Dad...?" Trunks peaks at him from around the corner of the doorway, "Are you sure you're okay...? Does it hurt? Is that why you were yelling?"
"I promise I'm alright, Trunks. I'm just... Frustrated. Everything is fine." Vegeta does his best to reassure his boy. The last thing he wants is to make him or Bulma worry.
"Okay..." It's obvious Trunks has something on his mind, so Vegeta sits up with some effort and moves to the edge of the bed.
"What is it?" He asks, sounding more irritated than he intended.
Shifting uncomfortably, Trunks blurts out, "Why did you let him beat you so bad?!"
Vegeta's face turns red and he just stares at his son, totally lost for words. Bulma comes in just then and puts her hands on Trunks' shoulders. "Leave your dad alone now, Trunks. He needs to get some rest. Why don't you go back and collect all our stuff?"
With a groan, Trunks reluctantly agrees and shuffles off to do as he was told.
Closing the door behind their son, Bulma sighs heavily. "Alright mister, spill. What happened?" Her tone is stern, but her voice is still soft. Crossing her arms over her chest, she leans against the closed door and gives him the look that says she's not playing around.
Vegeta watches her, reading the all too familiar movements. He hangs his head and heaves a long sigh, "...I don't know exactly what went wrong." He relays what happened, repeating to Bulma the relevant parts of their conversation, only leaving out the end which felt too intimate to repeat. He looks up at her imploringly, begging with his eyes for an answer, "Why does he hate being a Saiyan so much?" He drops his head again and stares at his feet.
Bulma closes the distance between them and sits down next to him, keeping her hands to herself while she gauges his mood. "Oh Vegeta... It's just... He hasn't had a very good impression so far... The first Saiyan he met kidnapped his son, then he ended up dying because of it. Then you..." She trails off. "Well, you see what I mean?"
He shakes his head, "I don't understand." To Vegeta's mind, this is all so normal, it doesn't register to him that anyone would be permanently hurt by a little kidnapping and dying.
Patiently, keeping in mind that her husband is a literal alien, Bulma tries to elaborate, "He grew up here on Earth, you know... He has an Earthling's mentality."
Vegeta scowls deeply, looking offended. "Just like your lovely wife, he's an Earthling in his mind. It's only his body that's a Saiyan." Trying hard to comprehend, Vegeta nods slowly while he tries to process this information. A new thought comes to him and he changes the subject.
"Am I like Frieza?" He looks into her eyes again as he asks, intent on what she will say next.
"Well..." She shifts a little, "To tell you the truth... I have no idea. I never met the guy."
That was not a reaction he expected, after all, everyone knows Frieza, right? Apparently not.
"Frieza was a ruthless tyrant..." as he explains, realization of the truth hits him harder than Goku did. "He had the worst temper and often killed subordinates over minor infractions..." He trails off and doesn't go on, it's too much at this point. The reality weighs heavy on his heart, remembering his treatment of Nappa and Raditz. His mind races to justify it, to change it, but it can't be done, not this time. There's no escaping this truth now that it's been brought out into the light. Pained, he groans and puts his face into his hands, "I am like Frieza..." Softly, he begins to sob, trying his best to hold it back, but without success.
Bulma wraps her arms around the back of his head and pulls him into her chest. "It's okay to let it out sometimes... Now that you're aware of it, you can work to fix it." Petting his hair, Bulma reflects that this is the first time she has seen her husband cry, or display emotional vulnerability at all. She's determined to show what a good and supportive wife she is.
This display of warmth and affection only makes him cry harder, actively sobbing into her bosom. She gets the feeling this is not about just one thing, but that this is an accumulation of feelings he's been bottling up for years, maybe his entire life.
Almost unintelligible and muffled by her breasts, he tries to speak between sharp breaths, "I don' wanna, I'm not, dammit ... Why? Hate it. I hate it. I don't want it..."
"Shhh..." Bulma soothes, "It's okay, just let it out."
"I don't want to let it out!!" He shouts as he pulls away, "I thought I have been letting it out, the right way, with violence!" He wipes his face on his shirt, pulls it off, and uses it to blow his nose. Bulma scrunches her nose up at that, but doesn't say anything about it. Instead, she tries to give some advice, "You know how you use more than one technique when you're fighting? It's like that. The same tactic won't work with every opponent! You can think of your feelings the same way."
"I don't want these feelings. I don't need them. It's not right for a Saiyan warrior, a Prince no less..." His expression is far away, "I'm not really the Prince of anything, am I?" Not wanting to break down again, he curses and turns his head away from his wife.
"Well... You're my Prince." Bulma kisses his cheek and takes hold of his hand before continuing, "I'm sure you can figure this out and make it right with yourself and with Goku."
He looks to his wife, innocently kissing her forehead, cheeks, then lips. "Bulma... Thank you. I know what I have to do now."
She winks at him and gives a cheerful smile, "That's my Vegeta!" Her cellphone rings just then. After checking to see who it is, she stands. Looking down at Vegeta, she explains, "It's ChiChi. You go get yourself cleaned up and do what you gotta do, babe!" She answers her phone and walks off to speak with her friend privately, leaving Vegeta to collect himself.

Laughter follows at his heels, mocking the proud warrior as he marches forward with his head held high, despite the crushing weight of failure that hangs constantly over him.

It was his father's weakness that killed his people, destroyed his kingdom, and exiled him to this hellish fate, serving at the heels of the creature whose hand laid waste to all he once knew and held dear. That same weakness he felt in his heart led him to act with such aggression and disdain for everyone and everything, even his most loyal followers.

"I'm the strongest!!" Vegeta asserts, screaming at the images of Trunks and Goku as they appear in his mind's eye, shining gold and brilliant, radiating power. The figures don't reply, but smirk instead, sending a wave of energy with enough intensity to send the Saiyan Prince flying backwards. Struggling to catch up to them, he pours every ounce of his passion and fury into the charge, but it amounts to nothing. He's no more than a fly on the wind.

"How can this be?!" he cries out in pain and outrage, isolated on a large asteroid hurling through space, "How?!" He works himself to the point of exhaustion, fending off the onslaught of smaller meteors crashing down on him. Broken and bleeding, he collapses. Tears sting his eyes as he reaches a breaking point, unable to contain it any longer. With a desperate, agonizing howl, he releases everything he's bottled up for the last two and a half decades in a single moment, gripped with the overwhelming sense that he will never be good enough. In that moment of absolute despair, he finally breaks the barrier inside and unleashes the last of his energy into a stunning blast of crackling gold and white.

Playlist

Last edited:
Uchiha Sasuke

(Note: this is ranty and repetitive)

A much more complex character than most give him credit for, Sasuke is one of my favorites, but is also notoriously difficult to play due to his lack of interest in having any social life whatsoever. I prefer canon divergent stories rather than strict AUs because of how deeply he is affected by his particular history. I am going to refer to the massacre of his family as "that night," both for ease of typing and because this is how Sasuke thinks of it. This detail is important as it shows just how significant this event was. It should go without saying that this would be scarring and permanently change him, but I still feel like it's often downplayed or people don't realize the far reaching consequences of such a thing.

While he was more ambitious, hard working, and less social than most, before that night, Sasuke was a fairly normal child. He was energetic, curious, playful, and generally happy, with his main goal being to please his father and become strong like Itachi, who he idolized. He was raised in a close knit community where every neighbor knew the other, which is another important detail to emphasize the weight of this tragedy. He knew and was close with a large number of relatives who all lived nearby. That night, everyone he knew or interacted with, along with his immediate close relatives, where all murdered brutally while he was forced to watch the events replayed in a cruel illusion. Such a thing would obviously scar anyone.
After that night, Sasuke hardens himself and devotes his full focus to the pursuit of revenge. His anger is the only thing that keeps him from losing all motivation for life and he commits himself fully to his goal. He develops a deep fear of intimacy and shuns any potential connection to others, thinking that it would hinder his ability to reach his goals, but on a deeper level, he is afraid of losing what's important to him. Rather than let those he loves be taken away due to powers outside his control, he decides to sever those ties on his own to ease the pain of loss. He does this thinking it will help him to gain strength and to protect himself from being hurt again. He believes it will be better to commit fully to the pursuit of vengeance than to live happily with people who love him. Part of this is out of guilt and obligation to the family. If he lets himself be won over by new relationships, comfort, and love, what does that say about his old connections with them? He feels a sense of duty to the family and at the same time he is ashamed to think he could still live happily without them. Rather than deal with his issues, Sasuke runs from them instead, choosing to bury any and all feelings that he deems unnecessary. He is rather very good at doing this and convinces even himself that he no longer cares for anyone or anything other than vengeance, but he is a naturally compassionate person and cannot fully erase who he is deep down. This is shown in some interactions with his new teammates, especially when he risks his life to save Karin. His lowest point in life comes after Itachi's death. When he learns the full truth, he begins a steady decent into absolute madness. All the feelings he pent up and repressed, as well as memories, resurface and result in Sasuke having a full-blown and long term breakdown, with the peak happening some time around Danzo's death when he is willing to kill Karin to achieve victory and goes on a rampage trying to kill the people he loves most.

Sasuke's feelings are complicated and often contradictory. His fear of loss leads him to push people away and even to cut ties with the ones he's afraid to lose. He has a difficult time expressing himself, especially verbally, and can rarely say what he's feeling. He is an exceptionally rude person who never shows respect to anyone, even if he does respect them. Very few things will ruffle him and he usually has a placid and apathetic demeanor, though he is easily annoyed. When something does get under his skin, it's most often in a big way and can illicit surprisingly strong reactions, usually in the form of anger, which is the feeling he can most easily express.

Though he ultimately learns to be more considerate of the feelings of others, Sasuke is a deeply selfish person. His default mindset is to think only of himself, his own feelings, and sees the world only through his own lense, outright refusing to consider other perspectives. This inability to connect is largely self inflicted, though it also has obvious roots in the events of that night. Unlike most people, who seek solace and companionship after losing so much, Sasuke instead chooses to isolate himself fully, giving himself over to continuous suffering, because he believes that will make him stronger and I think also because it is easier. Rather than risk losing the new bonds he does form, he chooses to cut ties. This is a very typical self destructive defense mechanism employed by deeply troubled people. Sasuke has extremely poor coping methods and yet he is a strong enough person to withstand his pain, self inflicted and otherwise, for a very long time before he finally snaps. And snap he does... Realistically, there was no single breaking point. Rather, there were multiple points in time in which he begins to crack slowly before finally snapping, recovering somewhat, then snapping again before finally letting go. His actions and mindset are reflective of his age, which might be easy to forget for some (it was for me when I went back and read it now that I'm ten years his senior from the time this all took place.) Emotionally, Sasuke is incredibly immature, having been stunted in the first place by horrific trauma and coping with that trauma by further stunting his own development with his decision to shield himself from forming new attachments and in repeatedly attempting to sever the connections he made anyway. He thinks very little of himself, and knows full well how difficult it must be to deal with his attitude and tendency to push back. He cannot understand why anyone would put up with him, let alone love him, and he tries desperately to prove that other people's feelings for him are either false or misguided in order to prove his own ideas about himself and others.

He is one of the strongest characters I've ever known. He has suffered without letting himself feel any reprieve and went so far as to perpetuate his own sorrow, attempting to create a never ending cycle of pain for himself. The reason being is complicated. The simplest answer is that he feels he deserves it. He has also developed an identity around being in pain and this has become safe, consistent. He can rely on a constant pain without fear of loss because there is nothing left to lose. He cannot accept a feeling of helplessness after what happened that night, so he does everything possible to take control, even if it means suffering. Happiness and love are more difficult for him to deal with because they are unfamiliar, fragile, and can be snatched away, as it was on that night. Essentially, he is always avoiding having a repeat of his past trauma and tends towards self destruction in order to do so.

Miscellaneous notes:
Sasuke is; hard working, determined, observant, persistent, compassionate, kind, curious, resourceful, clever, protective, single minded, resilient, rigid, narrow minded, stubborn, controlling, arrogant, abrasive, violent, proud, wrathful, and distant.

(An introspective first person journal entry from a twenty six year old Sasuke.)

When did I first realize my fear of intimacy? Before I knew it by that name, I knew I was resisting attachments. I did it on purpose, believing it was for the sake of my goals. Now I know it was out of fear. I ran away from everything I held dear, because hatred is easier. Pain is more tolerable without the sweetest things in life. After all, we can only feel the pain of loss when we have something to lose. Leaving everything behind was an opportunity to overcome attachment. To live striving only for a single purpose, that was the best way I could see at the time. Back then, everything was still fresh. Six years is not very long when it comes to that kind of emotion. My insides turn at the memory. Visceral, horrifying, pure terror... Only in fragments could I describe the scene and that overwhelming carnal fear which overcame me. "Run away. Run away. Run away," on repeat. Your words echoed my fear and in your voice I heard them repeated countless times. "Run away."
I ran away, then I kept running. I believed I could achieve resolution by running from everything else, but... I was wrong. I've made too many mistakes to be redeemed now, but I can't go on making more. I want to live a better life somehow. If it's possible, I'd like to atone for what I've done. I don't have unshakeable faith in the future, but I have faith in him... I think I can let myself be vulnerable, maybe just a little, if it's with him. I won't try to fight my feelings anymore, but I don't know how to handle them at all.

The overcast sky shed a grey light on the gates of Konoha which towered above him, familiar and full of memories yet foreign after so much time away. Sasuke realized already he would be like a stranger in his own home, if this place could be called home. Emptiness and isolation were some of his earliest memories, but worse than that were the good times. Those peaceful days spent with people who loved him, and whom he loved in return, would be forever tainted by his own mistakes. A sense of dread lingered in the back of his mind. He wasn't looking forward to the no doubt chilly reception he'd receive upon entering that place, but it was seeing Naruto again that made him shudder.

If it were possible, he would have liked to turn around and leave this place for good, abandoning every mistake and the memories of his past, both good and bad. Something held him back, however. What it was, he couldn't say. The emotions swirling inside were hard to pin down, a twisted mess of shame, guilt, longing, fear, and love. As much as he wanted to destroy those feelings and as hard as he worked to do so, he was never able to fully let go. Even when hatred all but consumed him, deep down that love never subsided, but since then had become clouded and muddied.

Looking down at his feet, he let out a long sigh and glanced once last time down the road, wondering if it wasn't too late to defect. Shaking his head to clear the thought, he steeled himself and continued on down the main road into the village proper. As suspected, the people looked at him with fear, anger, and general hostility. No one he recognized was on the street, which added to the sense that he was truly a stranger here. Paying no heed to the looks and scattered whispers, Sasuke walked on towards the Hokage's Office.

It might have been easier to come a different way, more secretive and discreet, but he didn't want to add fuel to the notion that he was still a criminal. Walking in plain sight seemed like the better idea. Although he detested the stares and hushed judgement, he also felt it was well deserved. A part of him held onto the hope that he could make amends by accepting their criticisms and shouldering their hatred, though that hope was faint and distant, lacking any true belief.

The door now stood visible at the end of the hall, the sight of which sent Sasuke's heart leaping into his throat. Why was this so unnerving? Keeping a level head was easy during even the most dangerous assignment, so what was it about this inevitable encounter that made him sweat? Naruto, as always, was a troublesome person to be around, but that wasn't the issue. Something about that guy made Sasuke feel in a way no other person could. It was unfamiliar and unsettling, but thrilling at the same time. It was as if Naruto could read him perfectly and knew everything he'd hidden so well from the rest of the world. Being so visible to another person, that was at least part of it. Whatever else it was, Sasuke couldn't, or wouldn't see.

One of the guards standing outside the door peaked inside after seeing Sasuke, presumably to announce his arrival. They both stepped aside to let him through without any issues or comments and Sasuke made no sign to them. When he stepped through the door it almost felt like taking a step back in time. Scrolls and documents scattered the desk and a few had fallen onto the floor. Sasuke couldn't help but remember that dumb kid who used to practice techniques in his messy room every day, but this man behind the desk wasn't that same dumb kid. In some ways, he was, but now things were different, everything was different.

Playlist

Last edited:
Uchiha Itachi

Itachi is a true genius, a child prodigy in every way. He is shaped namely by the vision of war he witnessed as a four year old child. The piles of bodies with pained expressions left him scarred and instilled in his mind the fidm desire to do anything in his power to change the harsh reality he was born into. All his life was lived as a tool, rather than as a human being. In order to accomplish his goals, he had to turn himself into a monster. He carried all the pain and guilt on his own and accepted his fate, doomed to his own personal hell.
It's difficult to describe and understand Itachi, because he is a very rare kind of person. Despite his kind heart, he acted mercilessly and despite his many mistakes and regrets, he was able to die peacefully. His happiness came solely from the happiness of others, rarely allowing any for himself. He shunned almost all connections to other people and isolated himself. For the benefit of others, he lived a miserable life.
Despite his genius, Itachi could not have been all knowing. He was still a child when he was pushed to make an impossible choice and he did what he thought was right. Trained from the day he could walk, Itachi was brainwashed into a certain way of thinking, his vision clouded by the harsh view of his father and the circumstances during Itachi's formative years. He was a child soldier who had barely seen life before being thrust into a world of death and chaos. Advanced as he was, he was still an inexperienced child who was manipulated by older men to serve a purpose. This is something he later comes to realize, but he remains deeply affected by this.

Itachi is an overall positive person who can see the good in just about anything while managing to stay detached enough to see with relative objectivity. He is the kind of person who looks for answers, solutions, and explaination, rather than assigning blame or casting accusations. He is an emotionally motivated person with a reasonably logical outlook on the world. He can be stubborn when he feels his way is the right one, but usually relents to the will of others, providing it doesn't go against his current objective. Instead of arguing, he will point out a different way of seeing or ask questions to understand another person's view. Above all, he is compassionate towards others and shows consideration for enemies and friends alike. Though he does believe some people are better off dead, he doesn't begrudge anyone for their choices and doesn't hold grudges or think less of people for their crimes.

In a short lifetime, Itachi had already learned many things. Not just in the way of deceiving and killing, but of philosophy. There were plenty of people in the past who had developed honest and critical ways of seeing things, which helped him to see further than he would have otherwise. Today, he was considering the importance of the present moment. It would be much easier, in a way, to put off till tomorrow what you feel you cannot do today, but that was always a risk. Tomorrow was never guaranteed and there were still plenty of things Itachi wanted to say, although death had never felt so far away as it did now. With the end of another war and their respective close calls, it felt as if there was all the time in the world. Despite that, he could never fully relax and at the root of everything; he wanted desperately to see his brother.

Sasuke's reply and continued posture spoke volumes and Itachi knew he did not want to see him today. It was painful, but not unbearable. 'Sasuke... What could I say to you?' He recalled the helpless child he once held and the boy that he'd had a heavy hand in raising. Looking at the man sitting in the cell today, it might have been difficult to see a resemblance between the two, but for Itachi, it was harder not to see it. That boy had been, in some ways, more like a proper son than a younger brother and now he sat all but grown and just out of reach. Itachi stood, leaving Sasuke's lunchbox on the floor in front of his feet. "Get plenty of rest... I'll see you later, Sasuke," he replied warmly. What more could he say? Even Itachi didn't have all the answers.

As good as it was to see Sasuke, he wasn't going to stay and force a conversation. For now, it was enough to see him alive and well and relatively intact. He wondered why his brother would have chosen to decline a new working arm, but it wasn't too hard to guess. Pride welled up inside him, despite everything Sasuke had done. In the end, his ability to reflect and repent almost meant more than doing right from the start and it was more than most could claim. This prison sentence may have been completely unnecessary after all, except maybe to placate other people. At least he was comfortable and taken care of. Now that he'd seen everything with his own eyes and confirmed for himself that all was well, it was clear to Itachi that he needn't come back too frequently. Sasuke needed rest, he imagined, not to be bothered by ghosts.

His expression shifted into a loving smile as he turned to face the door. The fact that he was even here at all, alive when he meant to die, felt strange. Life now felt more borrowed than ever, though his own health was improving. Keeping so many dark secrets over the years seemed to have contributed to his illness, but now that the secret was out, he felt he could finally start to breathe again. Things would never be the same as when they were children, but Itachi was hopeful for their future. In this new era, anything seemed possible, but only time could tell how everything would play out. He hesitated to call for the guard, wondering if Sasuke might change his mind, or have something more to say.

Playlist

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back