• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 12 Days

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
64A1F579-0CF2-44CA-8345-E13F686DF745.jpeg
The night is oddly warm in Glasslake—and considering it is the dead middle of December, the air felt humid and somewhat hazy rather than cold. It was strange form of weather to witness, as snow that once sheeted several miles of the town has started to drip and wash the streets with it’s melted properties. Anyone could have gotten a head cold just from the drastic change. Thunder was heard in the distance, and flickers of approaching lightning made its way like a slow giant.

adelaide ‘dior’ koskinen
the yellowing detective

”Why is it that all we can do sometimes is run? Why can’t there be something we can possibly do to protect ourselves—others? Why must our only last resort be to run? When we have problems—we run from them; when faced with danger—we run from it; when there’s someone we refuse to talk to because we can’t look them in the eye anymore—we run. We run and hide, and we shelter ourselves with selfish desires just to be able to live— because as humans we desire the satisfaction of our own company and benefit. That’s why we instead chase money, women/men, drugs, power, fame... even a Black Friday event where you get four coupons with 10 items...

We all run for our selfish needs. I refuse to run with the horses, but instead against them—even if I get trampled.“

— December 11th, 11:42 PM

Inhale... Exhale... Okay Addy, it is almost time for that dreadful event. All your research has lead you to this moment... Now you must wait.

Adelaide sat erect, and perfectly still in her chair situated in her office. The door was ajar, letting in little light from the hallway, and the window was opened wide for the incoming air. Originally it would have been cold for most of the night, however 17 years of studying the same phenomenon over and over again has taught you something. For whatever reason, at this specific time of the same day every year— it’s extremely warm, then cold again as if nothing happened. Most people presume it as the beginning of a passing storm— as those symptoms tend to align extremely well with that form of weather. But the one thing people seem the disregard is the extreme temperature drop in the half hour. No ordinary storm would have drastic changes of 48 degrees Fahrenheit. It baffled her, that no one seemed to take any indication to this, and it bothered her relentlessly.

Questioning for the phenomenon was even worse, as the victims related to her supposed case were scarce with information. All she had was some fable the old folk in the North had told her. Through her research within the past, her findings seemed to match her case extremely well. ”Multiple victims drop dead almost seconds apart each year...” News reporters labeled it as “coincidental suicides” as all the victims reported to to have some form of backstory that could have caused the potential suicide.

But that does not explain why the autopsy report for each victim is marked undetermined. No drug findings, very few incidents of major health issues, no cuts or bruisings— clear, paled skin. Dior had the theory developed that it could have been a potential heart attack, but those still would have been traced through blood testing or ECG (electrocardiograms). Detective work is a tedious but thrilling task, and that was why Dior loved the spark of curiosity it gave her—to always find out more.

She sighed, and shifted her eyes again to the corner of her dimly lit computer screen. “11:47 PM... Why is this suddenly taking so long...” her voice mumbled, and she slouched with a loud exhale.

scroll please.

”Why is it that all we can do sometimes is run? Why can’t there be something we can possibly do to protect ourselves—others? Why must our only last resort be to run? When we have problems—we run from them; when faced with danger—we run from it; when there’s someone we refuse to talk to because we can’t look them in the eye anymore—we run. We run and hide, and we shelter ourselves with selfish desires just to be able to live— because as humans we desire the satisfaction of our own company and benefit. That’s why we instead chase money, women/men, drugs, power, fame... even a Black Friday event where you get four coupons with 10 items...

We all run for our selfish needs. I refuse to run with the horses, but instead against them—even if I get trampled.“

— December 11th, 11:42 PM

Inhale... Exhale... Okay Addy, it is almost time for that dreadful event. All your research has lead you to this moment... Now you must wait.

Adelaide sat erect, and perfectly still in her chair situated in her office. The door was ajar, letting in little light from the hallway, and the window was opened wide for the incoming air. Originally it would have been cold for most of the night, however 17 years of studying the same phenomenon over and over again has taught you something. For whatever reason, at this specific time of the same day every year— it’s extremely warm, then cold again as if nothing happened. Most people presume it as the beginning of a passing storm— as those symptoms tend to align extremely well with that form of weather. But the one thing people seem the disregard is the extreme temperature drop in the half hour. No ordinary storm would have drastic changes of 48 degrees Fahrenheit. It baffled her, that no one seemed to take any indication to this, and it bothered her relentlessly.

Questioning for the phenomenon was even worse, as the victims related to her supposed case were scarce with information. All she had was some fable the old folk in the North had told her. Through her research within the past, her findings seemed to match her case extremely well. ”Multiple victims drop dead almost seconds apart each year...” News reporters labeled it as “coincidental suicides” as all the victims reported to to have some form of backstory that could have caused the potential suicide.

But that does not explain why the autopsy report for each victim is marked undetermined. No drug findings, very few incidents of major health issues, no cuts or bruisings— clear, paled skin. Dior had the theory developed that it could have been a potential heart attack, but those still would have been traced through blood testing or ECG (electrocardiograms). Detective work is a tedious but thrilling task, and that was why Dior loved the spark of curiosity it gave her—to always find out more.

She sighed, and shifted her eyes again to the corner of her dimly lit computer screen. “11:47 PM... Why is this suddenly taking so long...” her voice mumbled, and she slouched with a loud exhale.

Judith Robinson
The Family Disappointment

Earlier that day
"Hey Judyyy! You're almost done, right? This guy from my Uni class is having some sort of rager tonight and I figured you would be interested. Harry? Harrold? Damn, I can't remember his name to be honest," she shrugged, "but here's his address. So you'll be there, right? Right?" Judith took a quick glance at her watch. The glass face was slightly cracked, as it had been for a few years now, but it still worked fine. The strap that had come with the watch was so worn that it would have been held together by threads if Judith hadn't whipped something up using a shirt that no longer fit. A rather ugly set up but one that she was too fond of to get rid of. The time face showed that it was ten minutes to six so almost closing time. Judith dutifully held out her hand for the paper that her best friend Lisa was holding. Upon reading the address Judith tried to hide her giggle.

"I know this address. It's Harrison. How can you not remember? We've been to probably one hundred of his events? In fact. I think he's only in Uni still so that he has fresh blood for him to host events for. And of course I'll be going. Dude's rich. Always has great liquor and none of that cheap garbage. Party starts at seven right? I'll meet you there for eight-thirty. That way I have some time to clean up, snuggle with my absolute favourite non-human, and change into something that's not straight out of every tv show depiction of an ice cream parlour ever." She handed the paper back over to Lisa. "Seems like you might need this more than I do." Lisa playfully punched her shoulder before walking out of the parlour with a wave.

Now
Judith Robinson was gone. Had been this far gone for a long while now. After showing up at eight-thirty on the dot she barely had a moment where there wasn't a drink in her hand or pouring down her throat. Gin, vodka and tequila were all creating a not so great concoction in her tummy. But that wasn't stopping her. The clock read eleven thirty as she stood on top of the bar counter with an unopened bottle of Smirnoff Ice in her hands. Across from her, also on the counter, was some guy that she had seen around but didn't actually know his name. Harrison hushed the crowd before shouting for all the crowd to hear. "Ladies and gentlemen! It's all lead up to this!" A pause for cheers. "These two fine contestants have shown their chugging prowess over the course of the evening and now all they have left to defeat is the other. Who will be the ultimate champion of the night? Let's hear what these two have to say, shall we? You go first." He gestured to the male.

"Well. Drink. Wanna drink. Gonna win." He was barely able to get the words out. Chances of anyone being able to understand him were slim to none. At some point, he had slid from a standing position to lying flat on the bar top. With one gesture from Harrison, two stronger looking fellas leaped onto the bar top and helped the un-named guy get standing again. They also remained up there to support him.

"Well, those are some fighting words huh? Let's hear what the young lady has to say now."

Judith's eyes were only half opened and she was barely able to keep herself slumped against the wall. "I have kept my true chugging powers hidden. Now they will be known and I alone will be victorious. I don't want to vomit on my dear sweet kitty Noodle." It was all sorts of slurred. But that didn't stop people from cheering for the two of them.

"Alright alright! On your mark... Get set... Go!"

Judith raised the bottle to her lips, tilted her head back, closed her eyes and called upon her once hidden technique. Her favourite party trick. She opened up her throat and just like that it was gone. Her competitor was about halfway done his but he finished it anyways. "A worthy opponent." They shook hands and Judith jumped off the bar top but toppled over upon hitting the ground. With some helping hands she got to her feet and stumbled outside.

The air that hit her was unpleasantly warm for December. Enough of a shock to send her stumbling for a bush to hide her rising shame in. After dumping out some of her stomach's contents she called for a cab. By eleven fourty five she was home and drinking a glass of water while watching some sitcom re-run and snuggling with her precious Noodle.

Topher Graden
the graying journalist

A train whistle echoed through Glasslake.
Topher tried to cut out the noise, closing his eyes and slowing his breath. He brought his hand to his face, rubbing it across his graying beard and yawning. The blackness of his vision was almost hypnotizing. As Topher fell deeper and deeper into sleep, only one thing was on his mind.
———————
Honey, I’m home!” A familiar female voice hollered into his head. Topher’s eyes opened, water hitting his skin and flowing down his shaven face. Topher bends down and shuts off the water. The silence, louder than the police sirens echoing outside his city apartment. Topher steps out of the shower and wraps a towel around his waist. “What do you want for dinner babe?” The voice called from outside the bathroom.

“I don’t know, whatever we have should be fine.” Topher said entering the small kitchen where June, Topher’s wife was putting groceries away. “Why so many bags?” He said looking for his wallet.

“You know, just needed some new clothes.” June said defending herself.

“June, once Simon gives me this next story we’ll have enough money for whatever you want, but we have to be careful what we spend for now.”

“I know I-I’m sorry.”

“What are you hiding, babe?” Topher questioned putting on his t-shirt and boxers.

“Topher. Promise you won’t be mad.....please. I’m late.” June whispered, burying her head in a new dress she purchased.

“What do you mean late?” No response. “June. June! June, what do you mean late?”

“I’m pregnant!”

—————————

Topher’s eyes shot open. He was short of breath, panting, squeezing onto his vest. The train was stopped. Topher looked out the window recognizing the Glasslake train station. “Shit.” Topher mumbled as he threw on his trench coat and grabbed his briefcase. Rain began to fall lightly as Topher existed the passenger train. No one else was around him, he was alone. Topher popped the collar on his coat and put on his Homburg, starting off toward his hotel.

The more he walked the more he regretted his decision to take this job. But he needed to provide for his family, whatever it took. Topher has been in the field covering stories for nearly twenty years and was nearing his retirement age. His pension would have him and his family satisfied for the rest of their lives; just one more story. Topher had been to Glasslake once before, covering a similar narrative. Topher understood the dangers that surrounded Glasslake, and had intention to keep his distance.

Topher got to his hotel room by 11:55. Tired, and drenched from the storm, Topher took off his coat and jumped on the bed; his eyes barely staying opened now. A cool chill radiated up Topher’s spine, sending him upright. Topher looked around the room, with a feeling of being watched. Topher stood up and walked over to the window. He grabbed ahold of the blinds and peeked out onto the street below. The air in the room became thicker and warmer. Topher pulled back from the window and gripped around his throat, fighting for breath. “N-No. What is-“

Last edited:
Tiffany Hyun
The Mother-To-Be

full
Life hadn't been too easy for young expecting mother Tiffany Hyun. She has been out of a job for the last year. Although she has saved up quite a bit of money. There were some inheritances and life insurance policies that she collected on, including a house, but much of it was spent on living expenses and keeping herself afloat, which became a little rough after she unexpectedly became pregnant and it only got more complicated when she found out that she was expecting twins. With not one, but two precious angels growing inside of her, Tiffany decided to get her act together and focus on being a Mom in spite of the extreme lack of support; everyone in her immediate family was gone, her Grandmother passed away and she was estranged from her extended family. On top of that, she mainly kept to herself for most of her life, especially after her Grandmother passed on. Although the pregnancy itself was unintended, Tiffany had decided to follow through and carry the pregnancy to term. As it progress, the more she came to love her unborn babies. She became mindful of her diet, her day to day activities, her health. No more drinking, no more junk food, less videogames and interaction with electronics. Aside from engaging in prenatal yoga to keep active, Tiffany worked on keeping the house clean, but struggled with cleaning around the yard as it was hard for her to do yard work the bigger she got. It really didn't help that she was going through the pregnancy completely by herself without any support...from anyone. Hopefully one day she could leave Glasslake, but for right now, that was a distant dream... Maybe once her babies were old enough, they could move far away from this town and raise her children in a more friendly environment.

On the night of December 11th, Tiffany was a little tired and the pregnancy was taking its toll on her. She was forty-two weeks pregnant with twins. Although she was due two weeks ago, Tiffany wasn't looking to induce labor at all, wanting to go all natural, without the help of pain relief or medical assistance. In addition, she was greatly terrified at the thought of a Cesarean Section. As these thoughts traversed through her mind, Tiffany only hoped that her babies would arrive soon instead of being adamant about staying in her belly, which had grown considerably. Earlier that day, during her Doctor's Appointment, she reluctantly agreed to be induced if labor doesn't start by the end of the week. Aside from going passed her due date, her babies were healthy and there were almost no complications. After that Doctor's Appointment though, Tiffany went straight home, having done her grocery shopping for the week and she had no interest in being out and about.

While waddling around her house, she straightened out her dress while looking down at her belly, which was now the size of an overgrown pumpkin as she would put it. Making sure everything was off, she went ahead to close all the blinds and curtains, even lock all the doors and windows, hell even the one to her Garage, which she ensured was closed. After securing her home, she slowly waddled up the stairs, keeping a firm grip on the railing with one hand and holding her aching back with the other. She then turned off the last of the lights before entering her room. Now in her the safety of her bedroom, she sighed before holding her belly. "You two have gotten so big. Mommy can barely breathe. Can you please come out soon? I'd rather have you two in my arms then in my tummy."

In response, one of them started fidgeting, prompting her to frown. Slowly, she waddled into the restroom to use it one last time before going to sleep, granted she'd probably be waking up around two or three in the morning to use the restroom again. If there was anything Tiffany absolutely hated about being pregnant, or in this case, very pregnant, it was the definitely the bathroom frequency. After washing her hands and brushing her teeth, she stepped onto the scale. After it beeped, she took a few steps back as she couldn't see the numbers, let alone her feet. She frowned as she saw the numbers on the scale.

166.0 lbs.

"Wow, I really put some weight on. Can't believe I used to be a hundred and twelve." She said before exiting the restroom after turning off the light.

Closing the restroom door, she went ahead to close the blinds in her bedroom. "Ow." She sighed as she felt a contraction in her lower stomach.

The pain was brief, thankfully, so she dismissed it. She slowly got into bed, draping a blanket over her legs, not going any further as she didn't want to sweat too much. Even though it was the dead of winter, she still had a lot of body heat. The increase in her blood volume increased that unfortunately, so she was always warm. That was another thing that she hated. She then turned off her light and fell asleep, cradling her tummy as the babies fidgeted.

Throughout the night, she felt pain around the belly and the hips, even a bit of heartburn. There was also backache, but it didn't help that she was sleeping on her back, so chances were the weight of the uterus and both babies were on her spine. As contractions came and went over the hours, Tiffany groaned in pain as she continued to re-position her hands. Sadly she was also having a nightmare, where she was trapped on an operating table. The last thing she saw was a scalpel about to touch her belly. In-sync with a lightning flash and rain clanging against her window, Tiffany woke up with a small scream and felt a bit of sweat on her forehead. Wiping it with her sleeve, she took another deep breath as she started caressing the belly. No doubt she started them when she woke up the way she did. She took a look at her clock.

11:55PM...

It suddenly started feeling rather warm and humid. She noticed her windows fogging up and she struggled to breathe as an extremely strong contraction hit her. Not only did she feel it all over her belly, but in her back. It was sharper then the last few that she had over the course of the night and her legs started trembling underneath. Tiffany only yelped in pain as the pain increased and tears rolled down her cheeks. "Where...where's all this pressure coming from...Oh my god...So much pressure, it hurts so bad!" She started crying as she tightly gripped her bed sheets.

Last edited:
1569595558470.png
~Asher Vaca~​
"Pew pew- argh argh- oof"
Asher let out a 'tch' at the device in his hand displaying the 'game over' screen. He through the game down on his bed in annoyance, letting his body fall down on the fluffy pink sheets bellow him. He ran his hands through his hair tossing it around, his frustration eating away at his chest. He was lying in his fluffy bed wearing only an oversized sweater, some short-shorts and knee-high socks, aka his comfy clothes. He had been sitting in his bed trying to beat this level for hours with no luck and honestly he was starting to get very annoyed about it all. He began to quietly curse the game and how 'poorly designed it was', trying to find an excuse for being so bad at it really.

He picked up his phone and glanced at the time, reading 11:56 pm. When did it get so late? He glanced outside his window seeing that it was, in fact, dark outside. How had he not noticed that his room was now pitch black from the lack of natural light? Meh, Asher shrugged, it didn't really matter, what did matter however was the fact that he could still not beat this stupid level. He once again angrily picked up the device and began to play on it again.

Asher didn't check the date when he picked up his phone, nor if he did would it mean something to the boy. The day when people mysteriously die or something. He never really gave it a second of his time. As long as it didn't involve him he couldn't care too much. He knew it was bad or something and that there was probably more to the story, but as long as he doesn't kill himself on this day like the others he would be fine, and since he had no intention to it didn't bother him.

To be honest it was probably some suicide cult kids created or some shtick. Something for Slenderman or one of the creepypastas as a way of giving them your soul. So it wasn't that suspicious to him, just cult-like behaviour that didn't affect him so it didn't matter to him. So, Asher continued to play his game, completely unaware of the warm air outside or how close he was to something happening to him. Just a few more minutes till the fated time.

Unable to sleep due to the sudden heat, Abigail made her way down to the kitchen for a glass of water.

The stairway was dark as she made her way downstairs, its aging steps announcing each movement with a deep creak. It only helped to make the house seem even more empty than it already was. Just in the distance between her bedroom and stairwell she passed three vacant rooms, mostly used for storage after her father and aunts had moved out some 25 years ago. Come to think of it, the entire upper floor would have been completely vacant had she not moved in last spring.

Her socks swished against the wooden floor of the downstairs hallway but stopped suddenly in front of the entrance to the living room. The room was awash in a static blue glow, casting jagged, twitching shadows in every corner. In the way it was almost poetic, an abstract amalgamation of 19th century furniture with the synthetic glow of a 90’s tv. It even made the oldest specimen in the room, her grandpa, look older than usual. As he slept shadows gathered in his eyes, giving the eerie impression of a skull.

He had gone into town after mass and she had not seen him all day, nor did she hear him enter the house earlier. Must have came home when I was in the shower, she decided. Still, it was unusual even for him, to have gotten back so late. Abigail flipped on the lamp beside the couch. It was one of those old fashioned ones that ran on oil, so she was able to turn the dial just enough to see, but not enough to wake him up. Not that she thought the light would.

Crushed beer cans laid around her grandpa’s feet and when she stepped closer she could smell the cheap alcohol on his breath. “Well thank the lord he ain’t dead at least”, she mumbled while picking up the remote and switching off the tv. Silence filled the room, leaving nothing but the patter of rain against the nearby window and the occasional snore from the living fossil slouched on the sofa.

She looked at her grandfather and, with a sigh, leaned down to start picking up the beer cans. He did not usually drink, but whenever he did it was always too much. Papa said he never even touched alcohol until grandma passed away years ago. Abigail was not even born when she had died, but she could see her pictures on the wall...and knew the vacant room upstairs had once been hers. Grandpa had slept there too at one point, until the stairs were too much for his knees. Now it just stood empty and silent. It was why she usually kept the door shut.

Abigail’s musings were cut short when she heard a ruckus in the nearby barn. Frightened moos echoed across the yard, causing her to stop her cleaning and squint out the darkened window. She waited a moment to see if they calmed down, but it only seemed to be getting worse.

“Better go check it out…” Abigail said, getting her rain jacket and rubber boots on.

✣ ✣ ✣

The flash thaw had made the ground squishy and slick, and by the time Abigail reached the barn her boots were covered in cold mud. With a grunt she forced the rusty door open and shone her flashlight inside. A field of reflective eyes gazed back, accompanied by a few nervous moos. Thunder rumbled outside.

“Alright, girls, what’s the matter?” she called out to the cattle. Although she wasn’t expecting an answer, she got one almost immediately.

From the back of the barn she heard the loud crash of something hitting the wooden siding. The moos started again, though this time she could hear a distressed whinny tangled in the noise.

Abigail stomped her way through the half-frozen muck to the make-shift horse stall crammed into the back of the leaky barn. Inside, she could see Patches, a brown and white horse, kicking against the wooden gate. As Abi pried opened the stall the horse reared up, its muscles tense and breathing heaving.

“Whoa! Shh shh… Patches, its okay!” she said, approaching the panicked horse slowly.

With a quick movement, Abi managed to grab hold of the mare’s halter and pressed her hand onto the horse’s muzzle. She gently stroked the coarse fur, feeling the beast’s hot, humid breaths against the muggy air. The storm must have spooked her.

“That’s it girl, ain’t nothing but a little thunder.”

Daniel Dale

Daniel rubbed his eyes. They were feeling dry. He looked down at the clock on his laptop and realized it was because it was getting so late -- almost midnight. He brushed back his gray hair, thankful that it was still full at his age. He looked through a couple more of the dating profiles on the site. Since he had moved to Glasslake, he hadn't had much luck in the romance department. Perhaps it had something to do with him focusing on women that were fifteen to twenty years his junior, but he had been accustomed to attracting the attention of younger women, and found he had little interest in those his own age.

He switched over to his e-mail, wanting to check it one more time before heading to bed. His heart ached a bit as he did. He was hoping against hope to find an e-mail reply there from one of his children. He e-mailed each of them often, but had yet to hear back. It had been years now, eleven years since he had spoken to either of them, and it crushed him. He didn't give up, though, even as it felt more and more like a lost cause. He had told himself that he shouldn't send more than one message a week to them. He feared they had just sent his e-mails automatically to spam, or changed their addresses so as not to see his notes. He considered trying to find their addresses and reach them that way, but he had not yet grown that desperate. His hope, once again, was let down as he opened his gmail account to see the only new messages were advertisements or spam. Something was on sale. An amazon order had shipped.

He sighed heavily with emotion and shook his head. He shut his computer and placed the laptop on the cushion of the leather sofa he was sitting on. "Alexa, turn off the music," he said, the quiet classical quickly going silent as he padded through the large, empty house to the master bedroom. He lay down and said a few prayers, asking his God for forgiveness if his children would not listen to him.

POST-01
ELISA YANG
Elisa rested her head on the side of her taxi's window as she stared deeply into the starry night sky. She arrived home from yet other one of her international trips, exhausted from a day full of connected flights and travel stress. Travelling was one of her hobbies, though it was also one of her more tiring activities. Waiting in lines, struggling through tropical temperatures—absolutely dreadful. She couldn't imagine anything worse.

"December 12th's coming soon, you worried?" Elisa's driver asked, looking towards her from his rear view mirror.

"Not really," she responded nonchalantly, not particularly interested in the man's small talk. Elisa's never been extremely worried of the phenomenon, thinking it could be explained rationally. Perhaps each death on the day was due to their relationship with some sort of cult—reasonings such as this kept Elisa from worrying. Though the precise timing each year did prove as unnerving; no one seemed to be spared, no matter your race, age, social class...

Elisa shook her head, falling back on her previous reasoning. Instead she put her focus back on the night sky and her home coming closer and closer to view. She yearned for her comfy bed and the valuables she left in her room. The warm showers, the hot food, these were all things she loved even more in a home setting.

Eventually the taxi halted and Elisa paid the driver before hopping out. She glanced up at the giant home, gripping her suitcase in one hand and a bag in the other. She was finally home. With a bated breath, Elisa walked forth to the entrance of the house. Making her way to the front of the door, she took a deep breath and knocked on the door—waiting for someone to answer.

Knock, knock, knock.

It was 11:58PM.
----

[class=bkgd] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; width: 400px; height: 500px; background-color: #12756f; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border: 10px solid #12756f; border-radius: 2%; [/class] [class=bkgdpic] position: absolute; box-sizing: border-box; width: 400px; height: 500px; background: url(https://data.whicdn.com/images/316308258/original.jpg); background-size: 100%; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; [/class] [class=bkgdgif] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; height:100%; background: url(https://imgur.com/FY5BCnc.gif); background-size: 100%; opacity: 0.10; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; [/class] [class=pic] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 150px; height: 150px; top: 5%; text-align: center; background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1a/2b/60/1a2b603573771c3fe4bed74198cc5c88.jpg); background-size: 100%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 50%; border: 2px solid #12756f; [/class] [class=pictext] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: -2px; left: -2px; background-color: #12756f; color: #49beb7; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 50%; border: 2px solid #49beb7; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 500; line-height: 14px; [/class] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=pic on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 pictext [/script] [script class=pic on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 pictext [/script] [class=textcontainer] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 294px; height: 245px; background-color: #c7ebe9; border: 2px solid #12756f; top: 0%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 2%; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; line-height: 10px; color: #b5bda8; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 301px; height: 250px; top: 0%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; line-height: 11px; color: #12756f; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; font-size: 35px; font-weight: 500; color: #fff; top: -8%; text-align: center; transform: rotate(-10deg); [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; opacity: 0.7; overflow: hidden; text-align: center; font-family: Segoe UI; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #fff; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; [/class] [div class=bkgd] [div class=bkgdpic] [div class=bkgdgif][/div] [/div] [div class=pic] [div class="pictext hidden"]
the pyromaniac

mood: exhausted
interactions: N/A
tags: N/A
[/div] [/div] [div class=name]austin atkinson[/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text] Austin took in a deep breath, his eyes taking in the face of the old man before him. This was the third time this week that he'd tried to pull this off. After catching him in the act last Monday, Austin hadn't fallen for the trick again, but this guy... he just kept on trying. This left Austin in a very awkward position. "Sir," he began, "You need to hand over the grapes." He pointed to the bag the elderly man was holding, one of the small, thin plastic ones that were provided for carrying grocery items. "Look, I won't call the authorities this time, but security will have to escort you out. Just hand over the grapes and we can solve this peacefully." It was like he was negotiating with a terrorist. Judging by the way this dude was glaring at him, too this really was a hostage-type situation.

"No. I bought them. They're mine," the man replied. Austin was trying to take this seriously, he really was. But something about the way this man spoke about these grapes was so defense, he just couldn't manage to keep himself from snorting. He immediately caught himself, clearing this throat and playing it off as if he'd just choked a little on his saliva, but the old guy didn't seem to buy it. Austin didn't blame him. In any case...

"You bought one bag. Not two. You have one bag shoved in another. Do you want to pay for both bags, sir? We can do that instead." He'd offered this several times before. All times, the offer was rejected. The man shook his head, and that was that. Both security officers looked exhausted by this. Austin was, too. It was almost midnight. He was supposed to be on his way home by now, not stuck here trying to ask for a bag of grapes to be returned. "Please... I've had a long day. I just want the bag back. You can keep the grapes you bought. Just return the ones you're trying to steal."

Apparently, the exhaustion in his voice was clearer than it'd ever been before. The man looked down to his feet before pulling out the stolen bag of grapes, handing it out with as much relucatnace to make eye contact as a kicked puppy would have. A sigh of relief left Austin and the guards' lips. "Thank you, sir," he breathed, taking the bag and proceeding to return the grapes to the store manager. She could deal with the rest of this. "I'm going home, now," he told her. She nodded sympathetically, watching him leave for a moment before tending to the rest of her duties.

Austin walked to his apartment. He didn't live too far away. It was a brief walk, one taken in silence. He didn't pay too much attention to his surroundings at the time, having gotten used to heading home at this hour at night. His eyes loosely scanned the places he passed by, not lingering on anything in particular. Eventaully, he arrived at his destination. Heading up the apartment complex's stairs, he made his way down the short hall and to his apartment. After unlocking the door, he threw the keys on the nearby kitchen counter and shut the door behind him. He yawned, rubbing at his eyes and making his way straight to bed.

Briefly, as he slid underneath the covers, he checked his alarm clock for the time. 11:57. God, he should've been home much earlier than this. Groaning, he rolled over and snuggled up against his pillow. He was exhausted. Hopefully, he'd be able to drift off sooner rather than later.

[/div][/div] [div class=credit]code by sox[/div][/div]

[class=kix] display:inline-block; float:right; v-align:top; h-align:right; width:200px; box-sizing: border-box; padding-left:15px; padding-bottom:15px; text-align:center; [/class]
[div class=kix]
ae7c0cc508e2d0be331d7a546c2e5e5b.png
Kix Tuesday[/div]The door of an old house on the far northern side of Glasslake opened, narrow figure stepping out in the middle of lighting up a cigarette, knowing that the man would already be outside once the thin ribbon of smoke would roll up and disappear in the air. His back was straight, and he didn't look like a hunted rat most would expect him to be, relaxed confidence oozing from him in the most disgusting manner, as he half-closed his eyes, looking around at the red-coloured dusky light, pouring at the town; the undone buckles on his high boots ringing like chains on some old-fashioned image of a fututistic punk, the man in the old city looking both cold and extravagant enough to come off as intending to trample on the foundations of this society with these very heavy boots. Which, in a way, he intended to do. "Oh, daddy, there's a guest in the basement...", he murmured a song under his breath, stuck in his head from god knows where, as he absorbed the grey-and-red scenery around this shithole of a district. "Oh, daddy, can we see?" It was early in the evening, but Kix never had a good grasp on time. He didn't obey the schedule, and time was perceived more like a smudged, blurry thing rather than strict rules of conduct it was for most people. He breathed in the smoke, lungs filling with acidic substance, and let them out through his nostrils, before slamming the door behind him, and hopping down the porch. With the cigarette clenched between his teeth, the man patted himself along all the pockets, checking if everything was in order. Hard (in a way) life has taught him to be ready to nearly anything, and there he was, loaded with all sorts of nonsense, starting from a switchblade knife and ending with an improvised emergency kit. Things he didn't really need to make a delivery today, but he also never knew where he'll end up the next moment. The man lived for almost forty years, and knew exactly how at times spontaneous he was with his decisions, and how odd his life was: buying a package of milk, blanking out, and finding himself sitting on a pedestrian isle in the middle of Glasslake was the lightest version of things that might happen. This small thing alone made most people think he wasn't right in the head, to which Kix shrugged. I am so sane, he used to say in response, that I am surprising even myself.

This morning - or maybe the morning before, he wasn't sure - in the midst of another set of bullets being pulled out of some muscled and clearly low-intelligence man, one of his boys came by, throwing in some meds. Some of it Kix resold to the local transgender guy, too scared to actually go to a real doctor, and get real prescriptions... and Kix enjoyed himself while draining money from the kid from all the ill-gotten T he was getting. If ashed, he wouldn't know if he supported this lifestyle or not - he probably didn't care enough to think about it anyway - but he sure as hell knew he didn't feel guilty about it. People like this, people who were stupid enough to allow themselves being robbed like this deserved to be robbed. Survival of the fittest and all that jazz, he'd think.

The glasses rested in the chest pocket of the odd, ill-looking man, making his vision blur and placing him in a weird sleepy state because of this, as he walked, waddling, along the road, swinging his hand to the beat in his head, the cigarette smoke drawing spirals following the gestures. "Go tell him that the guestroom is vacant..." He was obviously in a rather good mood. He got a new coat which maybe looked too punkish for someone his age, all straps and buckles, making him look a little like a pirate, but then, Halloween was near, wasn't it? Or did Kix mistake the months and dates again? It didn't matter. He liked pretty things, and this specific pretty thing was keeping his spirit up, as he hurried up the road, each step echoing with a high-pitched ding! ding! ding!, as his soles hit the pavement, making people look around and do their best to throw disapproving glances at the man they knew little about... little, besides the fact they did not like him. These glares were reflected easily by the armour he managed to grow overtime, and instead, the man was considering the plans for the evening after he drops off the package for whatever the fuck his or her name was. It seemed a pity to waste a beautiful evening like this... or what he thought of as a beautiful evening.

Last edited:

adelaide ‘dior’ koskinen
the yellowing detective

Adelaide’s felt weak by the time the clock hit 11:58 PM, and she was sweating constantly under even the air conditioning she had left on. The room was an eerie quiet; considering she was the only worker left in the office it was understandable, however it was “pin drop quiet.” She turned to face the corridor through the ajar door that had creaked open moments before, fanning herself with a magazine from her desk. It grew hotter— started to feel like shingles or her nerves burning under a single fire. Her voice croaked open, as a twang of pain shot through her heart. Heavy breathing. Adelaide's heart was piercing her eardrums with the constant drum beat of blood rushing and rearranging around her. It hurt; she felt dizzy and weak, and her nose dripped red like a sink tap. Addy's teeth gritted as she started grabbing her chest, almost tearing the fabric of her shirt straight off. The last thing she could catch a glimpse off was the time of night, blurring as the overhead lights swayed above her.

12:00 PM.

No. NO.

What is happening? Don’t tell... me the fable was truth... Does this mean I am going to die? Am I ready to face what came to my mother too? How will I even know what to expect, or what to do? What ... even is out there? I don't know... But I am tired of chasing in the wrong direction.

The world faded to black. She couldn't see beyond the outstretched lines of darkness; her own body was lost in this impermeable void. Addy's senses screamed at the silence-- she couldn't breathe, she couldn't hear my thoughts, she couldn't feel... It hurt so bad and there was nothing she could do. A fading light closed in. Is this the hope she was looking for? She tried running to the light, unable to tell what was where--or who was where. A voice echoing through the dark— several voices almost human like clattering against one another. The cold air rises with the fading light and Muttering confusion spread out between the bodies with a specific voice making itself known in the flock of lost sheep. “You all are just cute bags of bones and flesh.” The voice smiled through the forest, fearful eyes scattering around to pinpoint a face to the sound. Nothing made itself known, yet the voice continued.

"Hello?!" she called out, and the voices started to chatter in confusion. "CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

"No one can hear you yet Adelaide."

"Who.." She was greeted with a faceless tall, man-- possibly seven feet tall, completely covered in a black cloak with horns protruding out from the top of the hood. His smile was the only thing visible below this same hood. She felt partially intimidated by his sudden appearance out of nowhere, and she tried to examine him as best as she could. His grin widened, and his back curved downward to have his face close to hers. She jumped back slightly, but kept staring at the void of black under the hood.

He looked up again from where he stood, and out into the fading black (which now revealed a forest). The jaws of his mouth opened, and his teeth pricked the air as he spoke. "Now.. how about a little game of fun?" The voices surrounding them came to a complete stop, and silence once again filled the forest.

"You all have five hours before I release my hellhounds on you.. hehe!"

“Five hours... for what?! Where are we— what kind of sick game is this?!” Adelaide balled her fists at her sides, trying in every way to not show the apparent confidence draining from her face and fear easily replacing it.

"To all of my lovely... lovely little souls wandering right now. There are twelve of you hidden separately in these forests, and only I can see where you truly are in correlation to each other. I am being exceptionally amiable and nice by giving you two hours longer than my last batch of people that I have... collected, since you all are a very—VERY interesting bunch of people!” He clapped his hands in delight as if it were truly a game of checkers he had won.“The rules are simple. Survive to live, or die by my hands.” Adelaide saw him hold five fingers in the air, and in a swift movement— one finger was laid down.

“The games have begun.”

scroll please.
Adelaide’s felt weak by the time the clock hit 11:58 PM, and she was sweating constantly under even the air conditioning she had left on. The room was an eerie quiet; considering she was the only worker left in the office it was understandable, however it was “pin drop quiet.” She turned to face the corridor through the ajar door that had creaked open moments before, fanning herself with a magazine from her desk. It grew hotter— started to feel like shingles or her nerves burning under a single fire. Her voice croaked open, as a twang of pain shot through her heart. Heavy breathing. Adelaide's heart was piercing her eardrums with the constant drum beat of blood rushing and rearranging around her. It hurt; she felt dizzy and weak, and her nose dripped red like a sink tap. Addy's teeth gritted as she started grabbing her chest, almost tearing the fabric of her shirt straight off. The last thing she could catch a glimpse off was the time of night, blurring as the overhead lights swayed above her.

12:00 PM.

No. NO.

What is happening? Don’t tell... me the fable was truth... Does this mean I am going to die? Am I ready to face what came to my mother too? How will I even know what to expect, or what to do? What ... even is out there? I don't know... But I am tired of chasing in the wrong direction.

The world faded to black. She couldn't see beyond the outstretched lines of darkness; her own body was lost in this impermeable void. Addy's senses screamed at the silence-- she couldn't breathe, she couldn't hear my thoughts, she couldn't feel... It hurt so bad and there was nothing she could do. A fading light closed in. Is this the hope she was looking for? She tried running to the light, unable to tell what was where--or who was where. A voice echoing through the dark— several voices almost human like clattering against one another. The cold air rises with the fading light and Muttering confusion spread out between the bodies with a specific voice making itself known in the flock of lost sheep. “You all are just cute bags of bones and flesh.” The voice smiled through the forest, fearful eyes scattering around to pinpoint a face to the sound. Nothing made itself known, yet the voice continued.

"Hello?!" she called out, and the voices started to chatter in confusion. "CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

"No one can hear you yet Adelaide."

"Who.." She was greeted with a faceless tall, man-- possibly seven feet tall, completely covered in a black cloak with horns protruding out from the top of the hood. His smile was the only thing visible below this same hood. She felt partially intimidated by his sudden appearance out of nowhere, and she tried to examine him as best as she could. His grin widened, and his back curved downward to have his face close to hers. She jumped back slightly, but kept staring at the void of black under the hood.

He looked up again from where he stood, and out into the fading black (which now revealed a forest). The jaws of his mouth opened, and his teeth pricked the air as he spoke. "Now.. how about a little game of fun?" The voices surrounding them came to a complete stop, and silence once again filled the forest.

"You all have five hours before I release my hellhounds on you.. hehe!"

“Five hours... for what?! Where are we— what kind of sick game is this?!” Adelaide balled her fists at her sides, trying in every way to not show the apparent confidence draining from her face and fear easily replacing it.

"To all of my lovely... lovely little souls wandering right now. There are twelve of you hidden separately in these forests, and only I can see where you truly are in correlation to each other. I am being exceptionally amiable and nice by giving you two hours longer than my last batch of people that I have... collected, since you all are a very—VERY interesting bunch of people!” He clapped his hands in delight as if it were truly a game of checkers he had won.“The rules are simple. Survive to live, or die by my hands.” Adelaide saw him hold five fingers in the air, and in a swift movement— one finger was laid down.

“The games have begun.”

Tiffany Hyun
The Mother-To-Be

full
The pain in her body came to a sudden stop, much to her confusion. For the last two or three minutes, it certainly felt like two things; she was either going into labor or about to have a late-term miscarriage, but the thought of either one left her terrified, as it was late at night and only god knew when help would arrive because she'd probably be laying on the flood after a few minutes if labor was as painful as other women would describe it in terms of what she would overhear in the hospital rooms. Taking a deep breath, she soon felt a sudden surge of heartburn and a searing headache. Not to mention more back pain. Everything was soon hurting again and the woman felt rather disoriented as she passed out from all the pain surging through her body. What was causing it? It was certainly too...unnatural to be pregnancy pains. Sadly, this was the last thought she had before her vision went black.

As midnight hit, her phone dropped to the floor, vibrating, but Tiffany wasn't there to pick it up. Soon, she woke up once more, but this time, she was in a pitch black room, with no exit or light switch in sight. As soon as she was able to stand, Tiffany started cradling her belly, terrified as she heard voices. Like they were screaming in agony, or for help as well as bones breaking which left her nervous. As she turned around, Tiffany saw a man in a black robe with small horns on his forehead. She only saw him grinning before she woke up gasping. She wasn't in bed. But she was on the ground in a...forest. Who was that? And how did she end up here? She felt a dull pain in her swollen belly. "Where...am I?" She asked, gently caressing the belly, terrified to her soul as the wind blew against her hair as she sat up.

With support from a low hanging branch, the heavily pregnant woman got up to her feet. Sadly, she could feel the dirt and undergrowth, being barefoot as she was probably taken here straight from her bedroom by whoever brought her to this horrible place. Soon, she heard a voice that sounded rather dreadful. She wasn't the only one in these woods, but there were eleven others. Well, fourteen total if the babies in her belly were included. They all had...five hours until...hell-hounds would come for them. The thought of surviving such an encounter didn't sit well with Tiffany. "How am I interesting? I'm just an unemployed pregnant lady. And my belly is the size of an overgrown, unwanted pumpkin." She said in response to whoever was talking.

If anything, it was probably that man in the black robe that she saw in the darkness prior to awakening in the forest. With both hands on her back, she looked down at the belly and felt both babies kicking at the same time. Tiffany looked up to see a Black-Robed Figure walking away in the distance. Terrified, she didn't really call out to him. She then started waddling the opposite direction. She'll find someone soon, hopefully. If they can get to a place with a phone, they could call for help. Hopefully she won't go into labor before then... "Hello?? Anyone there???" She called out, only hearing her echo.

Judith Robinson
The Family Disappointment

Though the TV was still on, Judith was no longer paying attention to it. Instead, she was halfway to passed out on the chair which wasn't all unusual. One hand was still absentmindedly stroking Noodle's back when the pain hit. Her eyes and mouth shot open. There was a ringing in her ears so loud that she could no longer hear the show. Noodle jumped off her lap and darted away in fear. It absolutely felt like she was on fire. Her body spasmed as she gasped for breath. And then it was over. It went black. The TV still on and Noodle cowering under her bed. Waking up was disorienting. This wasn't where she had passed out though. That she was sure of. She seemed to be outside in a forest somewhere. It felt foreboding that Judith recognized that many of the trees were dead. Branches dangling precariously or the tops completely gone from rot. The pain seemed to have semi-sobered her up. Her vision and balance still fuzzy, but she felt that her brain was thinking clearly. Or at least she thought she was until some shady hooded guy said something about hell hounds.

Two hours until he releases hell hounds. What the hell? What is going on. This is crazy. Judith thought back to what she could remember. A tactic she used to eliminate panic. I had been to the party. I made it home. I was with Noodle. It's December eleventh. Isn't that when all those people die? She had always thought that all sorts of odd people dying on the same day every year was just something that the junky side of the town did. Or maybe some cult thing. There are eleven other people right? I should find someone. Just like that Judith was trying to come up with a plan of attack. Odds of success always increase in groups so it would be wise to create a group. It would be preferable to find strong people that she wouldn't have to worry about, but she knew that who you stumble upon is who you have. Having someone weaker was still better than being all by yourself. She walked around the forest, stopping occasionally to listen for sounds of others amongst the brush.

Survive to live or die by my hands. That's what the guy had said. Now Judith was growing more and more determined to live as each moment went on. "Seriously, how big can this place be." She kind of grumbled to herself. "Maybe I'll give a shout. See what happens. HELLO?" She shouted out into the darkness as she continued to push onwards. It hit her after she had called out that if the hooded man wasn't being honest about the time schedule than she could have alerted something bad of her location. With that knowledge, Judith grew slightly paranoid and increased her steps a little. She was on the verge of taking a short rest when she spotted the signs that there was a small clearing ahead. With a bit of caution, she slowly and quietly crept towards the clearing. Looking through the branches she spotted a young woman in rather expensive clothes. Heaving a sigh of relief that it was a human she pushed into the clearing. "Hey. I'm Judith."

Pyosimros Pyosimros

TOPHER GRADEN
the graying journalist

Topher could finally breath. Oxygen filled his lungs as he sat up and hyperventilated to ensure he was still alive. He brought his fingers to his neck to check for a pulse. Almost instantly he felt his, beating so fast he couldn’t even count the beats per minute. Topher ran his hands down his face trying to adjust his eyes to the pitch blackness that surrounded him. Topher yelled out in aggravation; the blood hurdling cries seemingly filling up the emptiness around him. He looked to the ground and began punching it repeatedly until he felt something. Finally Topher brought his hands back to his eye-line and tried to focus on them. As he regained his vision he saw mud hardening on his knuckles. Topher breathed in and out heavily until is chest pulsated with pain.

Topher closed his eyes. A moment of silence.

—————
They opened. His wife June, standing in front of him balling her eyes out and waiting for a response. “I’m sorry, I should’ve told you sooner.” She said cutting into the awkward quiet.

“Pregnant. How long have you known?” Topher mumbled keeping a dead-pan on his wife’s belly.

“About t-two months.” June stuttered covering her stomach with her new dress. Pause. Topher turned his head to the floor and crossed back to the bed. “Topher, please. We are in this together.”

“Together?” Topher screamed, boiling with anger. “I remember us agreeing, that we were not going to have a child till we could support to have one! We decided on that...together!”

June ran across the room and wrapped her arms around Topher. “Sweetie, look I’m sorry. But we can do this...we can raise this ch-“

Smack. Topher backhanded June. She fell to the ground grabbing onto her cheek. “You ruined my life. You....you bitch
!”
—————

Topher’s eyes opened. His hands filthy, his mind racing. Finally, his eyes focused. Topher looked up to see a dark figure towering over him.

“The games have begun.”

With all his inner aggression bottling up Topher got to his feet and ran into the disappearing figure. The darkness dispersed as Topher fell to the ground. “Where the- What is going-.” Then the realization sunk in. He was alone, but had a pretty good idea what was happening to him. The same story he covered once before, and the story he was sent to cover now. Topher’s blood turned cold as he began to run from tree to tree yelling for help. The woods were like a maze and he could barely see 5 feet in front of him. Every tree looked just like the last, and Topher could feel his mentality fading.

Topher’s breath began to get colder as the wetness from his muddy clothes began to settle against his skin. Topher placed his hand against a tree and covered two grim coughs into his sleeve. He leaned back against the oak and caught his breath, fixing his vest and tie. Topher pressed his head back against the tree and reached into his vest pocket for his cigarettes.

Four left.

He reached into his other pocket for his ‘Chairman Mao Lighter’.

Nothing.

Topher looked up, putting the cigarette back in his pocket and sighing. A moment of silence, interrupted by the sound of incoming footsteps. Suddenly Topher’s eyes met with another’s. A woman with caramel hair stood before him. He stared into her hazel eyes for quite sometime, but all he could say was, “You got a lighter?”

peachuu peachuu

Last edited:

adelaide ‘dior’ koskinen
the yellowing detective

And so it does begin.

The figurine in front of her had already started disappearing as she had more questions to ask him, practically fading into the air around them as she reached out to try and stop him. “What, no wa—“ her hand made soon contact with the floor as it slowed down from extending forward. It silent once again, and later—within a few seconds, she found herself alone in the seemingly ever-growing forest that surrounded her with its invasive darkness. Her eyes flickered to each part of the forest, barely making out anything in front of her. Dior had absolutely no idea where she was going, as it seemed like anywhere she turned a tree will take place in her line of sight, and the place practically grew into a maze that was never ending. She had no weapons on her either, which was odd since she ALWAYS carried pocket knife on her person, and the only thing that could be considered a weapon was a small lighter. She sighed. There was no form of protection in case of a random attack, yet staying where she was made her even as vulnerable.

So she started to run. She ran in different directions in case of being followed by something unexpectedly, her legs lagging a little behind over time. But it was useless. She stood in what seemed to be a different area, catching her breath as she paused for some air, her shoulders hunched over and hands on her knees as she stooped. Her breathing a bit heavy, and it felt like hours and hours of nothing but running. She checked her wristwatch, and frowned at what was happening, her eyes widening at the sight.

The clock was paused on 12:01 AM, not matter how many times she tried to reset it, it continued back to being on the same minute for however long. The wand used for counting seconds, acted like instead a minute hand.

“Merde...” she cussed at her watch and left it alone at this point, as the thing refused to bend back into its original line of motion. This place was too bloody weird for her taste, and she desperately wanted out of it already. She paused her thinking once more, and something itched in her skin. Redemption for her mother did sound sweeter than freedom—and she wanted to taste it. Dior rose to her feet, and pushed her legs into motion against the muddied floor once more. Her ears picked up the distinct fading of yells for help, and her direction shifted towards those sounds. She slowed down, as her gaze finally met someone else’s.

”You got a lighter?”

She wiped her hands across her forehead as the cold sweat dribbled down her face. “Wh..” she spoke in between gasps. “what kind...of question is... that?” They were in the middle of buttfuck NOWHERE, and he asks for a lighter? She coughed into her long sleeve sweater as she looked into his fading blue-grey eyes, squinting as she did. “Have we met before...?” She finally managed to properly say through her limited breath. There was a bit of silence as she regained her composure, and begrudgingly Addy flicked out a lighter from her pocket, gently allowing the flicker of light to rise to life and looked away a bit tediously from the greying man.

scroll please.
And so it does begin.

The figurine in front of her had already started disappearing as she had more questions to ask him, practically fading into the air around them as she reached out to try and stop him. “What, no wa—“ her hand made soon contact with the floor as it slowed down from extending forward. It silent once again, and later—within a few seconds, she found herself alone in the seemingly ever-growing forest that surrounded her with its invasive darkness. Her eyes flickered to each part of the forest, barely making out anything in front of her. Dior had absolutely no idea where she was going, as it seemed like anywhere she turned a tree will take place in her line of sight, and the place practically grew into a maze that was never ending. She had no weapons on her either, which was odd since she ALWAYS carried pocket knife on her person, and the only thing that could be considered a weapon was a small lighter. She sighed. There was no form of protection in case of a random attack, yet staying where she was made her even as vulnerable.

So she started to run. She ran in different directions in case of being followed by something unexpectedly, her legs lagging a little behind over time. But it was useless. She stood in what seemed to be a different area, catching her breath as she paused for some air, her shoulders hunched over and hands on her knees as she stooped. Her breathing a bit heavy, and it felt like hours and hours of nothing but running. She checked her wristwatch, and frowned at what was happening, her eyes widening at the sight.

The clock was paused on 12:01 AM, not matter how many times she tried to reset it, it continued back to being on the same minute for however long. The wand used for counting seconds, acted like instead a minute hand.

“Merde...” she cussed at her watch and left it alone at this point, as the thing refused to bend back into its original line of motion. This place was too bloody weird for her taste, and she desperately wanted out of it already. She paused her thinking once more, and something itched in her skin. Redemption for her mother did sound sweeter than freedom—and she wanted to taste it. Dior rose to her feet, and pushed her legs into motion against the muddied floor once more. Her ears picked up the distinct fading of yells for help, and her direction shifted towards those sounds. She slowed down, as her gaze finally met someone else’s.

”You got a lighter?”

She wiped her hands across her forehead as the cold sweat dribbled down her face. “Wh..” she spoke in between gasps. “what kind...of question is... that?” They were in the middle of buttfuck NOWHERE, and he asks for a lighter? She coughed into her long sleeve sweater as she looked into his fading blue-grey eyes, squinting as she did. “Have we met before...?” She finally managed to properly say through her limited breath. There was a bit of silence as she regained her composure, and begrudgingly Addy flicked out a lighter from her pocket, gently allowing the flicker of light to rise to life and looked away a bit tediously from the greying man.

BenjaminAaron BenjaminAaron

Daniel Dale
The older man's head spun as the clock struck midnight. At first, he thought it was a little dizziness from being overtired, then as it worsened, he feared he was having a heart attack or some other medical emergency. Just when his panic began to grow, he came out of it, and found himself in the middle of the forest. "...the fuck?" he said aloud. He whirled when he heard the voice of the game master, frozen with terror at the unknown around him. The words pelted against him like hard, cold rain, his heart racing, and adrenaline coursing through his lanky body. What the hell was happening?

He remembered when he moved to town, overhearing talk of this event. The twelfth of December. He recalled that was date. It was easily to lose track when one was retired. He rubbed his face, amazed that it appeared that old wive's tale was true. Not only that, but now he was a part of it. He was being tested, and as the voice warned, there was not much time left before there would be hounds after him.

He looked around, trying to get his bearings, but it didn't look like any of the woods near his home. At least, he couldn't tell through the darkness of the night ... or morning, as it were. He went to grab for his cellphone, to get some light, when he realized that he had changed into his pajamas. He looked down at himself, the flannel pants, tight fitting white tee shirt -- it wasn't going to do much good out here in the cold. He was glad that he had at least still been wearing his moccasins and had something on his feet.

Not knowing what else to do, he began walking, cursing his age as his eyes took a long while to adjust to the darkness. As he wandered, though, he heard voices, and quickly moved to them. He spotted movement then, and saw two people, a woman and a man. "Hello?" He called out to them, approaching slowly. "I was looking for a light too, but I don't have my damn cell phone on me," he said, not realizing that Topher may have been asking for a different kind of light.

peachuu peachuu BenjaminAaron BenjaminAaron

[class=kix] display:inline-block; float:right; v-align:top; h-align:right; width:200px; box-sizing: border-box; padding-left:15px; padding-bottom:15px; text-align:center; [/class]
[div class=kix]
Kix Tuesday[/div]"Uh-h-h...", The skinny man opened his eyes to be met by darkness. Great, was he going blind now!? He blinked, looking around, the back of his head scratching across something rough and slightly wet, the sounds of wind rustling leaves and needles being peppered with something that sounded like voices, but odd, distorted, as if from a thick layer of water. Someone was saying something in the most pathetically over the top tone he could ever imagined, but the man didn't catch it. Neither he wanted to. No one ever spoke to him like that, and given the situation he found himself in, no one would try to speak anyway. So it probably wasn't for him. Besides, he couldn't focus even if he tried his best... even if he wanted to try at all. Kix just allowed for whoever this man, woman, person was, to yap about, as he lazily rolled over to his side to just fall face-first into grass. Was he in the forest? Kix breathed his lungs full of air, unmistakably taking in the smells of pollen, grass, and dirt. Nature. Fuck nature.

He stood up, joints cracking, aching, as he lifted his narrow, dust-powdered body from the ground, standing on all fours for a moment, and trying to steady his spinning head. "What a fucking trip." He gurguled under his breath. Kix usually ended up on the street, a few times in hotels surrounded by the most hideous whores imaginable, playing poker at some dusty basement, at his own house, but never - never - in a forest so deep he couldn't see a thing further a dozen feet. The man waited for a bit, before sitting down, looking up, and then - around, trying to find whoever was talking to ask the directions towards the civilized world again, but the person talking was long gone, and the man couldn't even catch where he or she went. "Well, fuck you too, mate." He said in the most polite tone he could master, holding the tree he was leaning over just minutes ago, and slowly standing up. He knew he had to be high, drunk, or both to black out like that, but even if he was, the man was so surprisingly sober at the moment, he started considering being hit in the head by some ruffian on the street. Strange, he didn't look like someone who'd have anything of value to steal. However, he felt a surprising lack of headache, nausea,and as soon as he stood up and took a few deep breaths, head spinning stopped as well. "Huh. That's weird.", he murmured to himself once more, looking around in an attempt to see the lights of Glasslake, but failing to do so. Well, great, he was this deep. Fuck nature.

Sighing, and realizing that Glasslake won't come here on its own, and if someone was lecturing him in such adolescent tone, this must be some young scout or forester, he picked a random direction to walk in hopes of finding however they called their weird hippie log huts. Some people might have been screaming for help, trying to find someone, call someone, but Kix? Too confident and self-centred to do so. If he wouldn't find anyone, he figured, he'd at least have a long walk. After all, didn't doctors say fresh air is good for you? He was a doctor, in a way, but he never said that. Again, fuck nature.

The walk was relaxed and a little wobbly, the man looking around nonchalantly, like he owned the place. Few minutes passed, and Kix concluded he had enough of sightseeing. Tree, tree, tree, tree, another tree, oh, look, a dry branch! Cobweb! How exciting! Another tree, and another one. Wow, a bush! Never seen those! he was growing increasingly bored, patting his pockets, and not finding any of the medicine, but a crumpled ball of money instead. Ah, so he did sell those shots to that boy-girl-whatever. Finally fishing out cigarettes and one of many mostly empty match boxes, he turned his back to what felt like wind, lighting one up, and trying to entertain himself by smoking, when some movement caught his attention. He cocked his head, placing the pack again into his pocket, and walked straight to it. His boots were crashing small dry branches, turning them to splinters. He didn't try to be subtle or hide, albeit his light frame almost always made sure he was sneaking - he was not heavy enough to make a lot of noise. Still, with all of the benefits of his lack of weight, Kix never took advantage of it, strolling forward, perfectly oblivious to the situation he was actually in, and rules he had to abide. And intentionally so.

His steps stopped between two thick trees, and head cocked to the other side, as he lay his eyes onto the most peculiar thing. There was a girl in the woods, all in some fancy checkered dress of some disgusting brown shade who whether managed to swallow and entire melon like some freaky python, or was a few hours away from going into labor. Both variants were equally unbelievable. Was this some sort of fate throwing him into this specific odd encounter? Had he to pay back for his sins by caring for a pregnant woman? No way he's doing that - he isn't a fucking charity! Still, this was another human being, and Kix was somewhat glad to find anyone. "Hey, girl. You huge." He said in a hoarse voice, taking the cigarette out of his mouth, and leaning on one of the trees. The man paused, as a pretty obvious puzzle solved itself in his head. His brows arched in a surprise - the man made enough illegal abortions, of course, but somewhat he managed to actually forget what happens if you didn't get one. This was weird, forgetting this absolutely natural order, but the man somehow absolutely forgot that babies were born. Or rather, he didn't think about that for so long, he hadn't actually manage to realise that this woman will soon go to labour and give birth to what looked like one big young human being. Or two and more smaller ones. And he hoped this wouldn't be happening here. He was qualified to deliver, but absolutely not ready... not to mention lacked any desire to be a midwife. He shook that feeling off, gathering his composure again, and pointing two fingers with a smoking cigarette between them towards the woman. "Is it some weird local tradition I wan't aware of for pregnant women to frolic around the forest on their third trimester..." he looked at her belly with a bit of confusion, trying to see how far into pregnancy she was, but failing from afar. "...or did your boyfriend decided not to commit and left you here?" he waited a second before sighing, clenching the cigarette in his teeth, and strolling towards her in such a relaxed way it almost looked like he was at home, answering the door, rather than in deep woods in the middle of the night, with no memory of what happened between six in the evening and now.

Last edited:
POST-02
ELISA YANG
Elisa waited patiently at the doorstep of the Yang household. Hands folded in front of her, she tilted her head to the side, glancing into her home. It was much like she remembered—the bright lights, the fancy furniture, it was all there. It was almost as if she had never left. Though what concerned her was that there was no one there to greet her. It's been roughly a minute that had passed, yet she couldn't hear as much as a footstep from within the mansion. It was rare for Elisa to be kept waiting this long, so slowly she reached for the doorbell, gently pressing on it.

Ding dong.

Silence came after. No running footsteps, no sounds. Elisa's eyes narrowed, unsure of what to think of this. "Mom?!" she called out, perhaps she was just in a deep slumber. Again, there wasn't much of a response. Growing impatient, Elisa's hands grasped the doorknob, only for it to return a searing sensation.

It felt as if it were put into a furnace for an hour. Horrified, she instantly jerked her hand away, though it was no use. More frightening was the feeling of her entire body gradually being consumed by the same sensation. It felt as if she were thrown into an oven, cooked and burnt alive. Elisa tried to scream, to shout for help but her voice had been lost to her. She tried to look around towards her surroundings, her line of sight moving frantically from place to place, trying to find anything that could save her. Though like her cry for help, it achieved nothing. Elisa was suddenly engulfed in complete darkness, or nothingness. She couldn't feel, nor could she see. Is this...death?

Cold air hugs onto her tightly, bringing her back to reality or a semblance of it. Elisa regained her senses in the middle of a forest—a forest at night, one of her many fears. It had an eerie aura to it, as if it wasn't particularly right. As she looked forward, there was a tall...being donning a black cloak. She was frightened at the sight of him, was he a kidnapper? Elisa immediately scrambled to her feet, backing away from the individual. Grimacingly, he began to explain his presence, and more specifically, her reason for being here. before disappearing into the night sky.

Elisa was at a loss for words, unsure of how to process all of this information. For the first time in her life, this was the first time she had ever felt as if her life was being threatened—ignoring the burning sensation she had just felt a minute prior. Instead of doing anything that could be potentially productive, she shut down. She simply curled into a ball on the floor and laid there, cowering away from everything around her. Elisa felt alone, as if she'd die in isolation in this forest. Though as she felt despair, she suddenly felt hope.

"HELLO?"

It was a woman's voice. The sound of this immediately lifted Elisa's spirits. She immediately got up on her feet, looking around her to find the source of the voice. Eventually, a woman came out of the thick brushes. A normal woman, seemingly as frightened as she was. "Hey. I'm Judith."

"H-Hi!" Elisa smiled brightly, running to meet her new companion. "It's so nice to meet you, I'm Elisa. Do you know what's going on here?"
----
CasualDragon CasualDragon

Topher Graden
the graying journalist

“I meet a lot of people ma’am, it’s part of the job.” Topher said putting his cigarette in his mouth. “My name is Topher Graden.” He mumbled leaning forward, lighting his cigarette on the woman’s igniter. “Much appreciated. I-uh I work for Tommorrow’s News Today, I’m a journa-.... if you don’t mind me asking, who exactly are you, and where exactly are we?”

Topher blew a puff of smoke out to the right of the woman before him. As he looked out through the cigarette smoke he could just vaguely see a figure approaching his location. The cloud distorted the approaching being’s form and Topher’s vision was haunted and reminded of the dark one from before. “Watch out!” He cried stepping in front of the generous girl. As the smoke cleared a good looking, yet elderly man stepped into the clearing.

"I was looking for a light too, but I don't have my damn cell phone on me.” The man said.

Topher’s calloused hands clenched into fists as he dropped his cigarette on the ground and stomped it out with his Oxford shoes. Topher stepped toward the man and examined him. “And who might you be?”

peachuu peachuu wowbobwow wowbobwow

Last edited:
Into the endless night Abigail ran. Her breathing was ragged and hollow, her face clammy from a fearful sweat. More than once her boots, mud caked and clumsy, caught in the crook of a gnarled root, causing her to stumble into the dark.

Yet still she got up and ran, unwilling to let a moment's pause be the result of her downfall. She did not know what the hounds of hell were, but the threat of them was real enough.

That man... no, that monster had to be none other than the devil himself. Evil dissipated from him like a miasma, setting Abi's bones to chill. Every fiber of her being told her this madness was anything but a dream, even though her mind told her she would wake up in bed.

As she ran she repeated the lord's prayer over and over in her head. Was this punishment for her sins? Tears welled in her eyes at the though of her being the target of the devil's games, as the priest at her church would put it. Only sinners ended up in hell, but she did not deserve to go there. She had every value taught by the church, kind, pious, unquestionable in her faith to the trinity.

She had to put her faith in God, or rather she didn't have a choice. Once more she repeated the lord's prayer, aloud this time, until she ran out of breath and had to lean against a tree. The rain-drenched bark felt soggy and rotten beneath her fingernails as she clenched her hand into a fist.

"Help! Anyone? Oh lord, please... is anyone out there?" Abigail called out into the piercing dark.

It was all she could get out before she started coughing, her lungs burning from the exertion.

Tiffany Hyun
The Mother-To-Be

full
After a couple of minutes waddling and attempting to find a way out of the woods, Tiffany started feeling a bit of pain within the swollen belly. Hopefully the babies weren't coming. The woods were the LAST place she wanted to go into labor, as she was very far from getting immediate medical help. She didn't have her phone or her hospital bag, so Tiffany was very much unprepared. To add insult to injury, she was been navigating through the undergrowth barefoot, which was kind of starting to hurt and get agitating. Thankfully she hasn't stepped on anything sharp yet, so it was good to know that her feet weren't bleeding yet. She proceeded to straighten out her sleeves and the dress itself before proceeding to caress the humongous belly, feeling rather scared. To her luck, she encountered another person. But he didn't seem like the nicest person. Not to mention she was a smoker. Worst of all, he did say a couple of things that left her uncomfortable in addition to the way he was looking at her, even peering at the belly. Thankfully the direction of the wind blew the smoke away from her instead of towards her. Tiffany felt rather relieved since secondhand smoke is harmful to her babies. "Thanks for the reminder." She replied as he said that she was huge.

When asked if there was some weird tradition for pregnant women walking around the forest during the third trimester, Tiffany shook her head because there was no other very pregnant lady in sight, but her look of discomfort worsened when he asked if her boyfriend decided to back out last minute and left her stranded in the woods, but then placed both hands on her back as she noticed that his eyes were on the belly. "Well, I haven't seen another pregnant lady since I woke up here. Not sure how I got here, but I seriously hope my babies are not planning on showing up. And...I don't have a boyfriend. No one really talks to pregnant girls since we can't drink."

Luckily she wasn't having triplets, otherwise being stranded out here would be like a death sentence... If there was a predator out here, she was already easy pray. She couldn't run if she wanted. The belly was heavy and she is wearing a dress that covers everything but her feet. As she looked at the only other human being that she's run into, she interlaced her fingers under her belly to get some of the weight off of her back since her uterus was pulling her spine inwards, resulting in the backaches. Since she was pregnant with twins, the pain certainly doubled. Once he got close, Tiffany stayed still, praying that he wouldn't touch or hurt her. The smell of cigarettes was strong...and repulsive!
kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy

[div class=kix]
Kix Tuesday[/div]In all honesty, Kix didn't know what he expected, but it was definitely not this. People avoided him in more civilized places, but in the woods... he wouldn't be surprised to get punched or yelled at, but it almost looked like the pregnant lady was expecting him. Some other, more paranoid or just more wise person would start suspecting something fishy going on, and ask a few incriminating questions, but neither Kix was paranoid, nor he was too wise. Smart - maybe, but not wise. He snorted, rolling his eyes, and taking a drag of a cigarette. "Wow, you're very calm for a woman meeting an armed man in the middle of the night.", he said, crooked grin forming on his face, as he thought about what usually happens in such scenarios, and how incredibly confused a possible attacker would be.

The man crossed his arms, biting on the cancer stick, and gave a woman a long look. The closer he got, the worse he could see her without any glasses on, but so far he could distinguish her just fine. His terrible sight made everything closer than maybe eight feet blurred, as if he was looking out of the window of a steam room. "Yeah, you do look like a girl who gets the promises of the world from every single man she meets, only to wake up to an empty bed and a suspicious lack of a wallet in her purse.", the man mostly said that noticing that she was at least partially Asian, and most men fetishised that for some unholy reason. He spoke in a quiet, muffled tone through the clenched teeth. It wasn't comfortable to speak with something in his mouth, but he wasn't about to take the cigarette out. He nodded at the large belly, asking "Y'aren't going to go into labour here and now, right?", he asked, as blunt as ever. "You look like being on your thirty-something week... thirty-sixth maybe... an' believe me, neither you want to do that in the grass, nor I. So I don't know about you, but I'm looking for a way home." He finally took the cigarette out, coughing once, small cloud of smoke forming right in front of his face, before disappearing in cold air. He pointed somewhere to the left of him. "I chose that way. You can tag along."

Last edited:
~Asher Vaca~
Asher let out a grunt of displeasure at how hot he was getting. A drop of sweat dripped down his face causing the boy to wipe it away. When did it get so hot in here? Not too long ago he was freezing and surrounded in fluffy blankets and now it felt like he was in some sauna. Game over flashed in front of his eyes again was it always this hard to breathe. He shakily stood up, moving to open his window hoping to let in some cool air to cool himself off. He pushed his window open, being met with muggy air as bad as it felt in his room.

Asher gave the outside a confused look, it was in the middle of December, what on earth was going on? The world began to fall around him, he quickly caught himself on the wall. What was going on, he wasn't feeling sick moments ago, why did this suddenly hit him? He rubbed his hand on his face trying to rid himself of the building headache. When he pulled it away he froze, his palm was coated in blood. "What the..." he muttered, blood begging to drip off his chin and landing in his palm.

"What the fuck is happening?" He breathed, pushing his hand on his nose trying to stop the bleeding. He was finding it hard to keep his eyes open, his breathing was also getting shallow. He didn't have time to mutter another curse before he fell backwards. His eyes opened again to see him falling in darkness, this was not what he wanted to be spending his night doing. The fall felt peaceful until it came to the end by him landing on hard dirt.

Muttering another curse he was aware that he no longer felt ill as he had seconds before. What was happening right now, where was he and how did he get here? He looked around at the woods surrounding him. He didn't recognize anything around him. Not that he would even if it was close to his town(maybe it is he doesn't know), he doesn't really do the whole woodsy thing. He pushed himself off the ground, noticing that he was wearing knee-high socks, shorts and a fluffy sweater. This was not the outfit for this, but alas there he was dressed in them.

His head perked up by the frantic cries of what appeared to be a feminine voice. He had half the mind to not bother crying out to say he was there, he was dressed foolishly and he also didn't know if this person was here to kill him. So he froze from saying anything, his mouth open waiting to speak. He glanced around and found a thick brush. Closing his mouth he moved over and hid in it, hoping he didn't make too much noise as he covered himself in attempts to avoid the person who was screaming, may the be friend or foe.
Juju Juju

Tiffany Hyun
The Mother-To-Be

full
"You get used to it after a while. I used to be a bartender, so I ran into all sorts of crazy people over the years." She responded while holding her back.

His other comment, however, left the mother-to-be feeling insecure. If anything, she thought it was uncalled for. Her baby daddy did disappear, which only added to her insecurity. She was also doubtful about her ability as a future mother, especially since she was going to be having twins right off the get-go. "An empty bed, yes. A missing wallet, no." She said with a stern tone as he started looking at her baby bump, making her feel uneasy, even more so when he asked if she was going into labor soon. "Its unpredictable and I sadly don't control when that happens. And I am forty-two weeks pregnant. With Twins." She said before taking a deep breathe.

Given the man's attitude, Tiffany wasn't going to put it past him to cut and run as soon as her water breaks. But it seemed like he was looking for a way. In all fairness, she was going to be doing the same. Reluctantly, the pregnant woman decided to tag along with the man, as it was better then navigating through the woods alone. If there were predators lurking about, Tiffany would have to rely on stealth to survive. She couldn't run, jump or climb as her stomach would be getting in the way. On top of that, if she overexerted herself in any way, she could potentially harm her babies, which she wanted to avoid. As they navigated through the undergrowth, Tiffany continued to cradle her belly, worried. "Do you think we'll run into anyone else?"
kevintheradioguy kevintheradioguy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back