• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion 10 post requirement

AmusePurin

(◡‿◡✿)
I think there should be a way for new members to be able to message, I'm having a hard time making 10 posts because I don't really want to just spam forums until I hit 10 posts :(

10 posts are actually quite easy to achieve without spam. Join a discussion thread, see if any player searches interest you and reply.

Edit: You already have 14 posts, you are able to send PMs, it may take a bit for the server to just give you the permissions.

wait replies count!? TMYK! Thank you, I thought you needed to create the posts!
Nooooo, no no no million times no, lol. The only spots where posts don't count are in areas like forum games, PMs, the private workshop, and such.

10 posts are actually quite easy to achieve without spam. Join a discussion thread, see if any player searches interest you and reply.

Edit: You already have 14 posts, you are able to send PMs, it may take a bit for the server to just give you the permissions.
Oh my god! I thought that I had to make ten threads. Thank you for the clarification!

It's not that hard to do. Like Fyuri said, you can join an existing discussion or start your own, make an intro thread or welcome someone else, even post or join an interest check or an RP! Just don't spam in the process.

It's not that hard to do. Like Fyuri said, you can join an existing discussion or start your own, make an intro thread or welcome someone else, even post or join an interest check or an RP! Just don't spam in the process.
The thing is though, it was confusing. I thought that I had to post ten things of my own and that's why I ended up kind of spamming a bit. It wasn't clear that commenting counted

Anything that says "post" on its button counts, whether it's "Post New Thread" or "Post Reply." The only exceptions are the forum games section, which gets pretty spammy, the Private Workshop, which can only be seen by the original poster and by Staff, and conversations/PMs, which aren't public.

How do you know if you have hit the ten post requirement?
You have 15 posts, go to your profile and there is information regarding post count.

I need to send a Private Message for storytelling reasons. I understand the need of keeping new people active, but why exactly this contraint?

The 10-post rule is an anti-spambot measure, to prevent bots from PMing people. 10 posts seems a reasonable number to us because there's lots of places to make posts (as covered above). You can still receive PMs (and reply to them) even without any posts, so if you need to contact someone in the meantime, you can have them initiate the PM and you can reply from there.

General Discussion + Personal Discussion. Revive an old thread if you have to.
We generally dislike the necro-ing dead threads. >_> There are plenty of active discussions to easily hit 10 posts.

I think patience is its own reward. What is waiting to reach a 10 post count compared to the great joy that follows once you reach it? Besides, it's easy to reach in a few minutes or hours. Just read a few threads and reply to the ones you want to. That way you get to learn more about the site before the fun starts and you go looking for partners and such. At least that's what I think but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I am new here so I can't really judge anything yet (not that I judge things at all xD that's for the queen of hearts :P)

Last edited:
So I went into the General Discussion forum and answered a bunch of those 'life' thread questions... fav books, music, etc. Should be over 10 posts and move up from 2nd class now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back