• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 1 X 1 RP between Iamkingdomhearts1000 and HiddenLeafNinja-FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST: Heartstone.

Finally, the last door lock could be heard, Edward had proceeded to gulp, just wondering what to expect of the doctor that he has come to visit, the door slowly opened to reveal a silhouette with a walking cane standing behind it.​

Barrett smiled warmly when Dr.Ein opened the door, finally showing his friendly side to Edward. “Greetings, Dr.Ein. Remember me? I’m the lightning alchemist, Barrett Dunkel.”

Doctor Ein appeared with glasses on his forehead, wearing a lab coat and having a Automail arm, saying to Barret:

Ein: "...Come in you two, I am sure you have plenty that you wish to discuss, correct?"

Said Ein, making an accurate guess at why Barret and especially Edward have come to greet him.​

Barrett stepped aside and waved Edward in, then entered himself. After he closed the door his eyes took a bit to adjust to the dim light. “I’m not here for any particular reason, Dr.Ein. I overheard Edward mention that he was looking for you, so I volunteered to show him the way.”

Ein: "Ah yes, Edward Elric...correct?"

Said Ein, wanting to know if who was truly standing in front of him was the Fullmetal Alchemist himself, Edward answered:

Edward: "Err, yeah, that's right..."

Said Edward, appearing a little uneasy around the doctor of whom remained silent with a stern expression upon his face.​

Barrett clapped Ed on the shoulder and smiled. “Don’t be so surprised, Edward. Because of what you and your brother did during the battle of Amestris, you’re both quite famous. Everyone knows the name of Edward Elric.”

Edward: "...I guess but-"

Doctor Ein: "At any rate, come, let's go into the next room, we'll discuss things there, Barret, go whip us up some tea, you know where to look right?"

Said the Doctor, barking around orders before pointing Barret towards the kitchen which was as messy as hell as Edward lastly replies:

Edward: "So, Doctor, there's something...I wanted to ask you about."

Doctor Ein: "I know...its about your Alchemy, isn't it boy?"

Shockingly said the Doctor as he and Edward took their conversation into the next room.​

“Yes, Sir.” Barrett replied before walking into the kitchen. He quickly found all the necessary supplies and set about making all of them some tea. After the water boiled, he set a bag of tea leaves into a pot and poured the hot water into it. Soon the tea was brewed and ready, and the alchemist took the pot and three cups into the room where Dr.Ein and Edward were. He served them before sitting down himself.

"You lost your Alchemy, didn't you?" said Ein, interrogating Edward with a question as he remains silent, thinking about how he had to sacrifice his ability to use Alchemy in order to save Alphonse.​

Barrett looked to Edward in surprise, for that part of the elder Elric brother’s story had previously been unknown to him. He could not imagine losing his ability to use alchemy. It was a part of who he is, and he would feel lost without it.

"Yeah...and I was hoping you could give me some insight on how to regain it, I heard about your exploits with Alchemy and I figured you were the best bet to approach someone with vast knowledge..." said Edward rather bluntly as Ein replies "Hmph, hold nothing back do you, boy? ...once you have finished your tea...I will discuss with you what I know but after that...I want you to leave." said Ein, shocking Edward with the former's words.​

Barrett was immediately interested in the conversation. He watched the two, quietly sipping his tea. The man had previously been unaware that somebody could regain the ability to use alchemy. He had believed that once the ability was lost, it was gone forever. Suddenly his attention shifted from that to what Dr.Ein lastly said. “I apologize if we did anything to offend you, Dr.Ein.” He said, wondering why the man wanted them to leave immediately after Edward got the information he required.

"...Shut up Barret." said Ein, being rude towards Barret until Edward tells him off for that "Hey! for a while now, your attitude has been rubbing me the wrong way, I understand if you have a problem or something but don't take it out on this guy, its not like he did anything to earn your scorn." said Ed, rightfully defending Barret from Ein's insults.​

Surprised by Ed’s defense of him toward Dr.Ein, Barrett turned to the Elric brother. “Thank you, Edward.” He smiled while clapping him a couple of times on the shoulder. “As a solider and State Alchemist of Amestris, I can defend myself quite effectively. But I’m grateful for what you did.” His eyes shifted back to the older man. “Now let’s forget what just happened and continue on with Edward’s business.”

"...Tch, stupid brats...all right, fine, let's get down to business-!?"

Suddenly however, a large noise could be heard just outside on the streets in the form of a wild beast like roar and the public also being heard both panicking and running for their lives, deciding to check on the situation outside, Edward quickly rushes out the door to see shockingly appearing in front of him was a huge lion based chimera.

Barrett was close on Edward’s heels. Being a solider, he was always quick to respond to danger and any crisis that arose. But what met his eyes was unlike anything he had ever seen before, and more frightening than any human foe. Still he ran out into the street without any hesitation. Standing before the chimera, he made a fist and using the focusing circle on his glove, began to build up electricity in his hand.

The chimera roared out a huge one before trying to scratch Edward to death with its huge claw, unable to budge himself from that moment in time, Edward could only helplessly look on as he saw the chimera about to kill him and with no Alchemy to protect himself with whatsoever, Edward lastly says to himself the words "...Shit! what the hell am I doing!?" said Edward out loud.

Barrett saw Edward out of the corner of his eye. Then much to his surprise, the chimera decided to focus it’s attack on the other man that was standing in the street instead of fleeing down it. Knowing that he had to act fast or watch Ed get killed, he unballed his fist and released the powerful burst of lightning that had built up in his palm. It flashed across the street and toward the creature.

The attack caught the chimera in it's huge sized mouth, sending it backwards and hitting a nearby lamppost, temporarily down on it's feet for just a few seconds.

As soon as the lightning hit Barrett began to charge up his palm again, getting ready for another attack. He knew that a creature of that size would unlikely be down for long with just one burst. “Edward, get out of here!” He shouted to the Elric brother.

"!? ...Did he say...get out? what the hell...i'm...I ain't running from anything! I may not have Alchemy anymore...but that still doesn't mean that I can't do anything!" pondered Edward inside his head before gripping a tightened fist and then grabbing a nearby piece of lumber wood that he notices with needles and screws in it. He picks up the lumber wood and decides to use it as a melee weapon before charging directly at the chimera, passing by Barret in the process.

What Barrett saw next from the corner of his eye both shocked and surprised him. He stood still for a moment, watching with a dropped jaw as the young man charged the chimera with nothing more than a piece of lumber. That idiot. What is he thinking? He’s going to get himself killed! The State Alchemist unleashed another bolt of
lightning on the creature, trying to keep it’s attention firmly on himself.

The lion chimera got back up and was able to brush aside Barret's next set of attacks before noticing Edward. Upon seeing him, it readies to attack him once more until suddenly, in a offscreen moment, Ed throws the lumber stick right into the lion's eye, greatly blindsiding it due to all the needles and sticks that were in the lumber. Edward proceeds to jump on top of the chimera's back, planning on doing something: "Ha! not so tough now, are you!? just watch you big cat! i'm going to rein you in by your fur!" said Ed, stating his plan of action before Ein emerges on the scene, watching the events unfold in front of him.

Crap! Barrett thought as his next attack failed. But much to his surprise, Edward’s piece of lumber actually found it’s target and wounded the chimera, blinding it in one eye. That boy is stubborn and actually quite impressive. But if I don’t lend him a hand, he might get killed. The solider charged at the beast, building up electricity in his palm again as he ran. Then taking a great leap, he released a more powerful lightning attack than before in midair.

(Hey listen, there's something I need to talk to you about HiddenLeafNinja...the thing is I am planning on leaving the internet until after January the 29th because my very most anticipated game, Kingdom Hearts III has released its latest trailer...I know it's very sudden but I will wait for your reply before leaving RPNation, I know I could just avoid Kingdom Hearts altogether until the release date but I can't know for sure that spoilers will leak one way and the other and that's why I am giving the internet a break until I have finished Kingdom Hearts III next month, i'll wait so that we can talk about this.).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back