• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission [1/4 available] Fantasy Sketches, Grumkins and Snarks! [Commish info-first post!]

Successfully putting down a visual I got in my head at 3AM is a rare but sweet victory.

Fun fact about me: my artistic brain works as some sort of random generator. If I'm low on ideas I just gotta devour as many paintings as possible on Pinterest and in a few hours my brain will just generate an image from the combination of other pictures I exposed it to. Lol?

skull gold.png

Last edited:
I love this so much! Do you have any art tips for detailing digitally?
Thank you!

I will always preach painting messily and zoomed out until the thumbnail composition looks good, and only then start taking everything bit by bit and detailing gradually. For instance, I wouldn’t completely finish detailing one eye before the rest of the face. I would slowly add detail to every part of the painting and bring them up to the level of detail I want to reach at the same time.

This is to avoid excessive detailing which I think, if done poorly, can actually cheapen a painting.

The human brain is smart: if you give it a suggestion of detail, it will practically fill in the blanks for you. I suggest to only work on rendering what’s “in focus” (in this case, what falls under the bright light) and leave other areas more messy and painterly.

Thank you!

I will always preach painting messily and zoomed out until the thumbnail composition looks good, and only then start taking everything bit by bit and detailing gradually. For instance, I wouldn’t completely finish detailing one eye before the rest of the face. I would slowly add detail to every part of the painting and bring them up to the level of detail I want to reach at the same time.

This is to avoid excessive detailing which I think, if done poorly, can actually cheapen a painting.

The human brain is smart: if you give it a suggestion of detail, it will practically fill in the blanks for you. I suggest to only work on rendering what’s “in focus” (in this case, what falls under the bright light) and leave other areas more messy and painterly.
Ooooo thank you so much!

It’s exam month now but I’ll start posting more art later in february (and possibly book fanart) 💗 Thank you so much for watching my thread
I particularly love the way you paint metal, do you use a dual color brush or do you do the shading afterwards?

And no worries! I'm just so behind because I keep getting unfollowed from the thread. I'm happy to hear you're still on the grind!

I particularly love the way you paint metal, do you use a dual color brush or do you do the shading afterwards?
I honestly have no idea how I paint metal, it’s always a mess because it’s something I haven’t mastered yet. I need to do some more studies. But basically I just lay a dark base color down and start highlighting it with an intermediate color like bright yellow for gold and then a bright white-blue in the middle.

I honestly have no idea how I paint metal, it’s always a mess because it’s something I haven’t mastered yet. I need to do some more studies. But basically I just lay a dark base color down and start highlighting it with an intermediate color like bright yellow for gold and then a bright white-blue in the middle.
Ohhhh okay. The more traditional way of doing it, I should've known given our past discussions haha! I think the metal is really beautiful, maybe lacking in a bit of depth in some areas (I hope that's not offensive, let me know otherwise), but it's a very pretty style <3

Ohhhh okay. The more traditional way of doing it, I should've known given our past discussions haha! I think the metal is really beautiful, maybe lacking in a bit of depth in some areas (I hope that's not offensive, let me know otherwise), but it's a very pretty style <3

Not offensive, it IS lacking depth because I don’t know how to paint it yet without overdetailing. I’m planning on doing some studies of metal, fabric, environment and skin transparency as soon as I have the time so I can master them 💗

Not offensive, it IS lacking depth because I don’t know how to paint it yet without overdetailing. I’m planning on doing some studies of metal, fabric, environment and skin transparency as soon as I have the time so I can master them 💗
Well it doesn't need too much work, I would say just more shading in some areas. Like the newest image if you dropped a bit of shadow on the bottom side of the rings it would imply more roundness unless you're going for hard bands, then maybe add a bit of shading to the fingers on the bottom part. <3 I've been exploring a lot of subjects recently and have learned a great deal. This is the only art thread I follow, I'm in love with your style.

Well it doesn't need too much work, I would say just more shading in some areas. Like the newest image if you dropped a bit of shadow on the bottom side of the rings it would imply more roundness unless you're going for hard bands, then maybe add a bit of shading to the fingers on the bottom part. <3 I've been exploring a lot of subjects recently and have learned a great deal. This is the only art thread I follow, I'm in love with your style.

Thank you sooo much for the input and the love! And I agree, yes. I just can’t be bothered with it sometimes. There are certain things I’m excited to paint in a certain piece and some details that I don’t give as much attention to (but I should, ugh)

Last edited:
Thank you sooo much for the input and the love! And I agree, yes. I just can’t be bothered with it sometimes. There are certain things I’m excited to paint in a certain piece and some details that I don’t give as much attention to (but I should, ugh)
You're the artist, you get to decide what you want and don't want to do <3 I enjoy seeing all of your paintings no matter what. But I definitely get that sometimes my own paintings could go on for weeks and I have to make a conscious decision to not include a lot of details because it'd take too long and I have other things I want to paint!

Painting of Yennefer from Witcher 3! I learned a lot while making this - purposefully, because it was made while studying brushstrokes and painting techniques from other artists I admire. I think the hardest thing for me right now is to find a balance between the amount of detail I add and my messier art style.

I post my stuff on deviantart too! Please have a look if you want, I would really appreciate it! amiranaval User Profile | DeviantArt

yennefer.png

Last edited:
Painting of Yennefer from Witcher 3! I learned a lot while making this - purposefully, because it was made while studying brushstrokes and painting techniques from other artists I admire. I think the hardest thing for me right now is to find a balance between the amount of detail I add and my messier art style.

I post my stuff on deviantart too! Please have a look if you want, I would really appreciate it! amiranaval User Profile | DeviantArt

View attachment 832860
reminds me of Morgana

Character I painted for Nihilum Nihilum ! I am always humbled whenever writers put their trust in me to bring their characters to life. This one was extremely fun to paint, particularly because it was my introduction back into art after almost two agonizing months of exams. I put a ton of love into it and finishing it left me inspired to paint even more.

elf cuff.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back