• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission [1/4 available] Fantasy Sketches, Grumkins and Snarks! [Commish info-first post!]

I love the braid! And all the little leaves and blades of grass fading off into the distance. <3

So apparently I have not forgotten how to paint, after a summer of :bishiesparklesl:almost:bishiesparklesr: non stop travel and barely touching a pen/stylus. It's Halloween soon and, although we don't really celebrate it where I'm from, I couldn't resist the spooky color scheme.

I'll be opening a couple of commission spots, just 'cause I'd love to play with some new characters and ideas!

pink skulls .png

Kitty!

Beautiful work on the eyes, both kitty and human!

I like that too and the background skulls and their coloring. Haunting! =)

I also think you nailed the feline's hindleg very well. The only real thing I can think to offer are details to the neck and collar bone area. I think their "blurriness" (for lack of better word) detracts from the overall picture while adding them would add to the overall picture. Perhaps not a lot of detail, but something here I think is better than nothing; as it stands, I think it makes the woman appear rather mannequin-like and that is the only factor that takes away from my view of the work.

Also, I've never seen a cat with a forepaw quite like that one (heavier-looking at the end instead of being the same size along the limb until the paw is reached). It looks a touch misshapen to me, but perhaps (and here's an "out" if you so desire one? Ha ha!), this is Hallowe'en after all and perhaps the cat isn't a cat at all? =)

Of course, my opinion is just one of many - use or discard as it serves you, good Peritwinkle! =)

I like that too and the background skulls and their coloring. Haunting! =)

I also think you nailed the feline's hindleg very well. The only real thing I can think to offer are details to the neck and collar bone area. I think their "blurriness" (for lack of better word) detracts from the overall picture while adding them would add to the overall picture. Perhaps not a lot of detail, but something here I think is better than nothing; as it stands, I think it makes the woman appear rather mannequin-like and that is the only factor that takes away from my view of the work.

Also, I've never seen a cat with a forepaw quite like that one (heavier-looking at the end instead of being the same size along the limb until the paw is reached). It looks a touch misshapen to me, but perhaps (and here's an "out" if you so desire one? Ha ha!), this is Hallowe'en after all and perhaps the cat isn't a cat at all? =)

Of course, my opinion is just one of many - use or discard as it serves you, good Peritwinkle! =)
Thanks for the critique! I’m still learning to draw pets so… it’s a process 😅 I will keep what you said in mind next time!

You're welcome! Take it or leave it, good Peri! Mine is nothing more than another opinion. I just feel without honest feedback, how can anyone really get anywhere?

Still loving the pictures you drew for Kaerri and me! =)

This is completely off-topic but... I don't know how long I've been on this site at this point, however this is the first time I've ever seen The Dannigan. After the countless interactions with staff, and by proxy Kaerri, I was wondering if I'd ever see them. <3 hi!

Also to put the conversation back on the rails, as always - wonderful art piece once again Peri <3

/Derail on

And a heartfelt "hello there" to you, AliceNWeb AliceNWeb ! I like your name; it's... almost like a nickname one might use in a deep, mysterious detective story (insert husky voice here): "Introducing the one... the only... Alison Webbe - Creative Endeavorer!"

Yes, I am proud to say I am Kaerri's other half! We complete each other and help each other grow. "Love is a friendship caught on fire." - Bruce Lee.

It's strange. There have been a number of nice people recently who have giving me compliments. I'm not certain what I've done to deserve them, but it sure feels good!

/derail off

But back to Peri here.

To anyone reading this - as someone who has enjoyed and shared Peri's artwork, and is the spouse of someone else who has done the same, I must say this - if you, the reader, is on the fence about working with Peri, I encourage you to take the plunge.

Here's why. Peri is skilled - an important ingredient in any artist. However, unlike some, she is open-minded and very willing to work hard to discover the image in your mind so that she can use her hands to bring it to life her own special way. She wasn't happy with her work until I was happy with her work.

I am a tough customer. I know what I want and I know how I want it. What I want must be true and she captured it accurately.

Peri is the kind of artist who can tell me what she can do and what she can't do because she knows herself. Go into this with a good idea of what you want, and approach her with it.

What comes from these efforts might very well might be something you'll treasure for years. I know I do. =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

O.K.. That is just the cutest thing I've seen in quite some time. Well done!

Artwork I did for Nihilum Nihilum 💙 Painting ethnic features is always a challenge, but I absolutely loved working on this one because the character and colour scheme really spoke to me.

Among other goals of getting my sh*t together, before this year ends I want to find the energy to get back into painting and learn to step out of my comfort zone. This particular commission allowed me to afford some brand new PS brushes which I’m excited to discover the potential of in the following weeks.

558280CA-CBE3-4541-98BF-9A729714A557.png

Last edited:
Very nice! I especially like how her necklace doesn't gleam in the shadows, but does in the light. But then I've always been a fan of the way you do jewelry. ^D^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back