What's new
  • This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Realistic or Modern ๐šƒ๐™ท๐™ด ๐™ป๐™พ๐š‚๐™ด๐š๐š‚ ๐™ฒ๐™ป๐š„๐™ฑ โ€” [ forms ]

luna.

รฉtoiles
the losers club
welcome to grimwood
a small town with a lot of secrets. there are a lot of stories about grimwood revolving around the sinister forest that borders the town, the alleged encounters with the supernatural, and of course, the disappearances. the crime rate is pretty low here in grimwood, but there have been a couple of disappearances over the years that have remained unsolved to this day that make the town a tourist spot for those fascinated by the paranormal and interested in proving if there is some truth to it.

of course, nobody has ever found any actual proof, and the people living there live pleasantly... more or less. every family has their troubles, every high school has its drama, and this town is no different as far as that is concerned. but a certain set of people know that some of those stories are true.

and a few more youngsters are about to learn that same truth.

the unfortunate six
the princess
played by @nymphadora.
the drama geek
played by @ShadyAce
the psycho
played by @luna.
the outcast
played by @nymphadora.
the brains
played by @ShadyAce
the jock
played by @luna.

the stuff we need to know
name.
nicknames.
age. (17/18)
d.o.b
gender.
sexuality.
p.o.b
ethnicity.

appearance. (1 para description)
dist. features.
ailments.

vices. (5)
virtues. (5)
what's in their bag?
favourite horror movie?
opinion on religion?
biggest fear? (for plot purposes, *evil laugh*)
optimist or pessimist?
cautious or impulsive?
leader or follower?
temper. (scale of 1-10)
book smarts. (scale of 1-10)
street smarts. (scale of 1-10)
team work. (scale of 1-10)
obedience. (scale of 1-10)

family.
background. (brief)
misc.

Last edited:

luna.

รฉtoiles
maverick callaghan
the jock
name
maverick vincent callaghan
nicknames
he almost exclusively goes by ricky.
d.o.b
february 22nd
sexuality
heterosexual
p.o.b
grimwood, america
ethnicity
irish + czech + native american (cherokee)
appearance
ricky stands quite tall, at a little over six feet tall. he has a lean, slightly muscular body due to his daily work outs as well as his active participation in sports. ricky has always been considered a very good looking guy and that, along with his charm, has always helped when it came chatting a girl up. he has jet black hair that is usually falling over his forehead, but he has been known to spike it up every now and then, using just his hands and some water. he hates using hair products. most of the time, you'll find ricky sporting plain t shirts and jeans with his letterman jacket over it. sneakers are his best friend, and aside from that, he's not really picky when it comes to what he wears, though he can certainly gussy up if need be โ€” and he finds himself needing to do that a lot for his father's charity events. all in all, ricky's quite an attractive young man, with an ever present smile on his face, though when that smile fades, he does have, what most people would call a 'resting bitch face'.
dist. features
left cheek dimple + letterman jacket + charming smile
ailments
n/a
vices
cunning , stubborn , bossy, occasionally oblivious , holds grudges
virtues
charming , controlled temper , friendly , quick thinker , got a big ol' heart
bag contents
journal for his writing (shh) , gum , some fiction book or the other , bottle of water , spare t-shirt (to change into after practise)
favourite horror movie?
"cujo. that counts, right? that dog was messed up."
opinion on religion
"i know there's a word for it but i don't know what it is, but basically, i'm not too big on religion? like, i believe that there could be something out there but i wouldn't classify it into religion, if that makes sense?"
biggest fear
"disappointing people mainly. and also dogs. i know, i'm a horrible person. i've just had bad experiences with dogs so i tense up whenever they're around."
optimist or pessimist?
"i like to think i'm an optimist."
cautious or impulsive
"cautious. i can't afford to make mistakes at this point in my life โ€” especially with who i have for a father."
leader or follower?
"a leader, obviously. i'm the quarterback for a reason."
temper
[ 9/10 ] "i like to think i'm pretty in control of my temper. can't be the captain if you can't keep your anger in check."
book smarts
[ 6/10 ] "i'm good with literature. really good. but i'm not too fond of any of my other subjects, honestly. i maintain a c average though, to be able to play football."
street smarts
[ 11/10 ] "you do know who i am, right?"
team work
[ 8/10 ] "i'm great at cooperating with a team. of course, there are times when i would like things done a certain way, but i'm willing to compromise."
obedience
[ 7/10 ] "like i said, i can't afford to mess anything up. disobedience would definitely get me kicked off the team, or worse."
family

โ†’ benjamin callaghan ; father ; ceo of a finance company
โ†’ edith callaghan ; mother ; editor of a fashion magazine
โ†’ mason callaghan ; younger brother ; middle school student
theme song
the hype by twenty one pilots
background
ricky's parents weren't always destined to meet. they came from different backgrounds. his father, benjamin, was from a wealthy family of lawyers and his mother, edith, came from a small town with conservative parents. however, edith always branched out when she was away from her home, and she always had a passion for fashion. she had a good eye for it too, and despite being unable to afford some of the best brands, she found ways to make clothes on her own, and this made her popular in school.

still, benjamin and edith never crossed paths till much later since benjamin was a few years older and they, thus, were not in high school at the same time. the night they met was at a charity event that was intended for benjamin to find potential suitors. his parents were hoping they could pair him up with the daughter of some rich business tycoon, but there, at that very same event, edith was roaming around and trying to mingle. she was rebelling against her parents wishes and starting her own fashion line, but to do so, she would need contacts.

benjamin saw her and was immediately enamoured โ€” much to the chagrin of his parents who knew that she was more or less a nobody. benjamin didn't care though. for once, he was going to do what he wanted, and from there, it didn't take long for their whirlwind romance to end in edith getting pregnant.

they had a quickie wedding in the local chapel in grimwood, and five months later, ricky was born. ever since, ricky has never wanted for anything because benjamin's finance company took off and became a huge hit in their small town, and while edith's fashion line never took up, she raised in the ranks of a fashion magazine that she began to work in and became editor, which allowed her to travel to places like italy and france for fashion shows. they led a good life, the callaghan's, and soon they had another child on the way too.

oddly enough, ricky never felt jealous now that he had to share his things with a brother. his mother taught him better than that, which is perhaps why he isn't your stereotypical jock. of course, he has his moments. he definitely can see himself as above certain people, which is mainly his father's doing, but through his mother, he learned that hard work paid off.

as time went on, and ricky grew older, he threw himself into sports and proved to be rather good at it, like his dad when he was in high school. since benjamin was never able to pursue his dream of becoming a professional football player, he wanted this for ricky, who was, honestly, more interested in literature and writing stories and poetry. though that's something not a lot of people know โ€” in fact, it's just his mother and his brother. but ricky had never really been good at standing up to his father because he's afraid of disappointing him, and so he kept his own needs aside to try and make his father happy.

with his name and his skill in sports, ricky's become quite a popular person in grimwood high school, even if the town is small to begin with. everyone knows his name and his family, and ricky admittedly enjoys the attention, even if, deep down, he wishes he could spend his time pouring his heart out into his journal rather than tackling some guys on a football field.

misc
ricky can almost always be found munching on some snack or the other. he loves to eat, and he doesn't get much junk food at home, so he tries to score as much as he can while he's out of his home.

Last edited:

luna.

รฉtoiles
finnleigh janssen
the psycho
name
finnleigh sloane janssen
nicknames
she prefers to go by finn. psycho and slut are a few other choice nicknames.
d.o.b
december 31st
sexuality
heterosexual
p.o.b
brighton, england
ethnicity
british + irish + dutch + norwegian + french
appearance
finn doesn't stand very tall, coming in at five feet and two inches, but her energy certainly makes up for what she lacks in height. she has a slim build with little curves, and she inherited her mother's fair, blemish free skin. finnleigh has the stormy grey eyes of her mother that seem to darken or brighten depending on her mood, though it's mainly due to lighting. her sandy brown hair is naturally quite thick and shiny and usually falls to her shoulder blades in slight waves. she either keeps it tied up in a high ponytail, or it is left open, and covering the sides of her face like a curtain. it's certainly thick enough to act like one. finn doesn't really like make-up at all, nor is she fond of jewellery, though she is always seen wearing a platinum band around her right ring finger. it was her mother's wedding ring and the one thing that finn holds on to since it is the only reminder she has of her mother. finn will mostly be found in dark clothes that mimic a grunge style, so almost exclusively ripped jeans and band t-shirts.
dist. features
bright eyes + constantly fiddles with her ring + baby face
ailments
is smoking an ailment?
vices
reckless , stubborn , impulsive , sarcastic , loud
virtues
friendly , driven , dauntless , open-minded , quick thinker
bag contents
earphones , guitar picks , pack of cigarettes , sour candies , hair pins (for lock picking purposes) , small alcohol flask (which may or may not be full)
favourite horror movie?
"um, all of them??"
opinion on religion
"religion is basically capitalism. it's bullshit."
biggest fear
"fuck off." (ahem, she really fears abandonment. too many people in her life have left and she has only a few people that actually care about her.)
optimist or pessimist?
"my grass is dried up and far from green so take a wild guess."
cautious or impulsive
"if you're asking whether i think before doing things, then no. you don't earn the name psycho by being careful, do you?"
leader or follower?
"neither? i don't like to follow, and at the same time, i feel sorry for anyone who would want to follow me."
temper
[ 3/10 ] "you think i have a fucking temper? okay, yeah maybe i do."
book smarts
[ 4/10 ] "i don't like to read. i'd much rather make paper airplanes in class. or something else more exciting."
street smarts
[ 9/10 ] "i might as well have grown up on the streets, 'kay?"
team work
[ 5/10 ] "i mean, if you agree with me then we'll have no problem working together."
obedience
[ -100/10 ] "i refuse to answer that question."
family

โ†’ thomas janssen ; father ; mechanic
โ†’ heather janssen ; mother ; deceased
โ†’ ryder janssen ; older brother ; drug dealer currently awol
โ†’ connor janssen ; younger brother ; middle school student
theme song
cough syrup by young the giant
background
(TW: drug abuse, sexual abuse)

thomas janssen grew up in grimwood and was known by all, only he wasn't popular for the right reason. he basically monopolised the drug dealing business in the town, and this started when he was a teen in high school. he was good at what he did and he never got caught. he had a band of followers and this made him quite a powerful person in that town โ€” powerful and rich by the time he was out of high school. he never wanted to go to college, but he did want to travel and maybe expand his trade, and so he left grimwood, opting to go to england instead, since he had a cousin there he could bunk with.

that was where he met heather janssen, a bartender who caught his heart with her quips and 'no bullshit' attitude. thomas fell, and he fell hard. she was soon recruited into his drug trade, which was slowly expanding in brighton, and while that grew, so did a child in heather's belly. the pair soon had their first child, ryder, and only a year later was finnleigh born. they were something of a happy family for a while. thomas was doing well with his business and heather... well she didn't work in a bar anymore because she was doing something worse โ€” drugs. but she swore that she had it controlled and since she took care of the kids, thomas never said anything.

eventually, heather's brother was roped into the gig, and he began to spend a lot more time around the family. he became thomas's best friend, and finnleigh's only and favourite uncle. he always brought her and ryder โ€” and eventually, when her younger brother was born, connor too โ€” gifts and he was nice to them. till one day, when finn was ten, he became a little too nice.

at first, finn was too scared to say anything. then she believed she could tell her mother, but she chose the wrong time. her mother was high as a kite and... well, long story short, began to think of her own twn-year-old daughter as a slut. finn kept her mouth shut about it after that, thinking it was her own fault, till her brother decided to take matters into his own hands by telling their father.

needless to say, thomas was enraged. he may be dealing a bad business and meeting with some shady guys, but his kids were everything to him. and, he was admittedly beginning to see that heather clearly was not in control. thomas cut off all ties with heather's brother โ€” not after a good beating, mind you โ€” and he insisted that heather go to rehab. heather instead chose to steal all of thomas' money and run away.

two days later, thomas received news that she had overdosed in an alley.

beliving that his whole business slowly made his life spiral, thomas decided to leave it. he wanted to leave the whole town behind and go back to his roots so his children could grow up away from the city life. he moved the whole family back to grimwood where he used what money he had left to open up a garage. by then, finn's older brother was already pretty influenced, and he took off to deal drugs on his own. it's been years since he left, and finn has no clue where he went or if he's even alive and well. the janssen family went from being well off and of five members to being among the lower middle class, and of only three members.

finn grew up like her father in his teen days โ€” reckless and caring very little of how her actions affected others. she doesn't have a great rep at school, but she doesn't really care. she would much rather wait to graduate and then get out of the boring town so she can try and leave her entire past behind. it's been nothing but pain so far, even after the move to grimwood, and finn wants desperately to just find people who like her for who she is โ€” and who can maybe balance out her crazy.

misc
finn would tell people she's not talented when it comes to anything but she's actually got a beautiful singing voice and she knows how to play the piano and guitar since she taught herself (ahem, while skipping class and spending time in the music room, but she doesn't like to dwell on that).

Last edited:

nymphadora.

โ› love you 3000 โœ

ELISHEVA
COHEN.

requisite.
xx
pysche.
xx
history.

full name.
elisheva maya cohen.
nickname.
mainly goes by eva (pronounced ev-uh).
age.
eighteen.
dob.
may nineteenth.
gender.
cisgender female.
orientation.
heterosexual.
ethnicity.
israeli / russian + ashkenazi jewish.
pob.
tel aviv, israel.

appearance.
eva certainly has the looks of a model, blessed by perfect genetics from her parents. standing at an average five foot, seven inches, her body is healthy appearing and curvy, her limbs are lean yet graceful like when they swing by her sides. natural brown curls cascade down just below her shoulders with a shine that looks like she just finished a commercial for a shampoo company. her facial features are similar to renaissance paintings, each dark eyelash and faint freckle seem like they've been planned, and calculated perfectly. hidden by the spider-leg like lashes, eva's eyes are a bright ocean blue and are cat-like in shape. her make-up is nothing but perfect with sharp eyebrows and even sharper eyeliner. eva's plush lips are often painted with a dark natural hue or with eva's favourite lip gloss -- her favourite flavour being cherry. eva's wardrobe is also a constant reminder of how wealthy her family is; branded clothes that are always in trend adorn her body. however, she's never been seen without the dainty, golden necklace with a ring around her neck since she's arrived in grimwood.
dist. features.
sharp facial features + expensive closet.
ailments.
not applicable.

Last edited:

nymphadora.

โ› love you 3000 โœ

FELIX
GALLAGHER.

requisite.
xx
pysche.
xx
history.

full name.
felix joseph gallagher.
nickname.
how can you shorten felix?
age.
eighteen.
dob.
october twenty-ninth .
gender.
cisgender male.
orientation.
heterosexual.
ethnicity.
irish / american.
pob.
grimwood, america.

appearance.
felix has a certain '2000's pop-punk lead singer' aura about him and his appearance. the awkward teen stands at a staggering six foot, two inches, with long limbs that struggle with most forms of sports that require concentration. raven black hair lazily falls over his pale face, the contrast making him look as if he's never seen the sun before. underneath the raven locks, felix has dark brown eyes -- similar to the colour of rich, dark chocolate that are often either rolling around sarcastically or have terribly dark bags sagging underneath. his facial structure is quite narrow, similar to his body as it lacks any discernible shape of muscle on his wiry figure. his clothes hardly fit and are usually hand-me-downs from his older brother or thrifted clothes from the nearby goodwill. felix owns two nirvana t-shirts that have definitely been worn out formal events, he only sticks to comfortable sneakers as well as jeans that don't highlight how terribly skinny he is either. in essence, felix is truly the representation of teenage boy laziness.
dist. features.
bedridden hair + tired eyes.
ailments.
seasonal insomnia + smoking habits, steals cigarettes from his father.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)