• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ -- OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

birdgeoisie

leedle creecher
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Characters Due on June 8th

Feel free to chat and ask any questions here. c:​

Not gonna lie, having to pick a real life person or faceclaim kinda ruins it for me aha

I was looking to make the most visually distinct, badass decorated soldier/bounty hunter to be working as a npc crew member. Like mix Batista or Brock Lesnar with commander sheppard and duct tape five different loadouts of neon weapons and armour on him, even though he is unloading crates or cleaning.

I'll Google something at some point but can I just hit up the character creator in fallout or something?

NeonFlow NeonFlow
Sure, I'll allow it.
You seen nice, less drastic but kinda just as important to me.

Is my brief explanation of "the Anime wars" something that can fit into the narrative here? Doesn't have to be as ridiculous as aliens choosing waifu's and committing genocide over it... but something odd/a bit silly to juxtapose the horror of war in space and the mental damage of a man who did anything to survive only to be forced into the corporate machine as a working stiff because it's to expensive to hire war heroes for security purposes

NeonFlow NeonFlow

Mmmm probably not that specifically. I'm fine with you including some sort of silly-ish tale in your character's backstory, but something as you described wouldn't fit. Also there aren't aliens in this so,, no aliens to get upset over anime, unfortunately.

Sillyish is doable but I'm not wanting to pitch every idea before making a character aha if I think of something I'll ask before posting a cs. Thanks for the answer, quick precise and none of the asshole vibes

doc_lovesponge doc_lovesponge lmao i love this idea of venus as a horrible grossly hot desert world. fits well and is appropriately shitty terraforming
also god i would die living somewhere so hot

I have a few questions. Has a superintelligence been made/created?
How have the gas planets been colonized when they are made mostly of helium and hydrogen?
Is lightspeed possible and, if so, is it by hyperdrive or some other kind of tech?
Is there a Dyson sphere?

Heterological Heterological
1. Nope!
2. Uhhhh,,, mostly because i say theyve been colonized lmao. They're very much on the fiction side of scifi, and mostly consist of floating cities/estates
3. There is no FTL travel. The current engines used in this universe possess the ability to travel from the sun to the furthest colonized planet (eris) within ~11 days, give or take a few. Although it is currently in development by one of the corporations.
4. Nope.

Hey, Bird~

I was looking into creating the medic for this lovely RP but first Iโ€™d like to run my idea for a mod through you.

Maybe my character has some tech under their palm of their hand that allows them to diagnose people quicker when they touch an injured person, however the tech transfers some of the pain/illness to the medic?

zippy zippy
Ooh yah that sounds neat!

Could be cool if the transfered pain is almost how the doc gets the diagnosis? Like, recognizing the cause of the pain (like a pain on the right abdomen the doc recognizes as appendicitis)

Tho of course thats just my two cents lmao do with this what u will! Im excited to see nonetheless c:

Could be cool if the transfered pain is almost how the doc gets the diagnosis? Like, recognizing the cause of the pain (like a pain on the right abdomen the doc recognizes as appendicitis)

Ahhh yea gives me Black Mirror vibes from that one episode (Black Museum I think?). May take it in a similar direction, was going to make the medic a bit... off-balanced... anyway. Haha. Thanks for the response.

Do we have to just have 1 class per crew? Like say if I wanted to be a hired gun but someone else was a hired gun could we both be hired guns? Or is it just 1 per crew.

Mr.Dimentio Mr.Dimentio
1 per crew, but this is currently just the application stage so if someone else has posted for a role you want, you can still apply for it and i'll choose which one i think will work best in the end

Hi!! I'm so hype for this!
So I wanted to make my character born on the moon Europa which is like super icy and watery, right? It's believed too that an ocean exists under its surface... an ocean which could contain extraterrestrial life. I was wondering if I could play with this? I know you said there's not aliens but I wondered if this was alright since it's not exactly aliens, but just - y'know - underwater creatures we don't have on earth.
I thought it would be cool if Europa was kind of like a tourist-y planet known for a "Sea World" type amusement park/aquarium for "alien" sea creatures. (which engages in not very legal activites ๐Ÿ‘€)
It's a very rough idea though so let me know if that's not cool.

Edit: inspired a lot by the wiki for europa and also the NASA retro poster
nasaspacetravel-9.jpg

Last edited:
coeur coeur
Id prefer to stick to the no-aliens thing. Howver i AM perfectly okay with europa housing some drastically genetically modified animals that have become near-alien through that. It could have been that, in an attempt to not only draw tourism (as jupiter being the first corp terraformed planet needed some good attention), but also build a viable and expansive ecosystem. Like,,, a spacey jurrasic park lmao

birdgeoisie birdgeoisie
Gotcha!
Sounds good. I'll play around with that. I totally dig "spacey jurassic park" vibes lol
Definitely goes hand-in-hand with my shady, illegal operations idea

hey this is a super cool rp ! i'm also wondering how much freedom everyone has in terms of technology? like, is their access to 'old media' limited in any way? ty!

incandescent incandescent
In general, i'd say that most old media is pretty easy to access through the gold relay. Connected computers are pretty easy to come by if you're on any premier planet, where there a multitude of areas to access public computers, while every settlement on less established planets has at least one public computer. Also, every crew member has a personal computer in their cabin.
Idk if this is exactly what you're asking but hopefully this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back