• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝕞/𝕞 | 𝒕𝒐𝒊𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 ✩

✧ 𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕟 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕚𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕥𝕖

21 // 6’2
energetic// observant // sarcastic
tough // can be boisterous at times

HUNTER
FACE-CLAIM: KEANU REEVES

Last edited:
tumblr_n98l8qvccF1r98xw9o4_250.gif

alexander "alec" simmons - twenty years old - blunt / secretive / heart of gold - five foot ten

alec.

No, no, it wasn't that Alec was completely closed off from the world. No matter what Thomas said, Alec was most definitely a functioning member of society, despite the whole... witch thing. But that wasn't that big of a deal, right? Alec could quite confidently admit that he was pretty good at hiding it, given the whole time and place thing, and none of his friends knew that didn't have business knowing. He wasn't living on campus either, so he didn't have to worry about his roommate or any of his friends stumbling in on him with a jar of frog legs, or whatever Thomas told him to grab for that dumb spell he wanted Alec to try out.

Thomas, Alec's older brother, was a giant idiot, and proved this by pulling Alec out of bed at six in the morning, crowing something or other about having to get up for school, and Alec flipped him off as he struggled to wake up, throwing a pillow his way. Gaston wasn't happy either, and pointed this out as Alec untangled himself out of his sheets. "Gaston, I know. But I don't think it'd be acceptable to kill Thomas." Alec muttered as he got up, tugging his shirt down a little. He hated still having to live with his brother, but the rent was free, and Thomas didn't care how late he stayed up, so he didn't care.

"Murder is always acceptable!" Gaston spoke, and Alec was reminded that his life was freakin' weird. He had a talking cat with an affinity for murder, his entire family was full of witches, and he was literally in a cult. Go figure.

His attempts to get ready were fairly quick, Gaston weaving in between his legs the entire time and almost tripping him a couple times, which made Alec curse loudly a couple times and tell him to buzz off. He finally got dressed, and headed down the stairs, seeing Thomas at the kitchen table with multiple books spread out around him. He was too deep in thought to pay attention, so Alec headed to the bathroom, brushed his teeth, and went back to the kitchen so he could grab his backpack and leave.

Twenty minutes later, he found himself in the library, wandering to where the pull in his gut took him, which was the row of books with different symbols engraved on the cover, which was ironic, since it was directly across books detailing what to do when you came across a rogue witch. Go figure.

As Alec pulled a book off the shelf, he glanced up, making eye contact with someone who seemed to be glaring daggers at him, and Alec felt a chill run down his back. Oh, Devil. He was really going to die now.

PHEONIX

Nick grumbled as he arose from a deep slumber, honestly wishing that he could get more of it. The previous day had been one of hard study and training. Of course, he couldn’t tell his friends nor a minority’s of his family why he would go to kickboxing and self defence classes at least four times a week. Or even how he was hardly home, or when he was, home he would come back in the middle of the night sometimes contaminated with a red liquid and odour of death. They didn’t ask questions and he liked it that way. But thankfully now, he didn’t live at home. He was sleeping in the dorms of his university. And nobody asked questions at university. Most people came home in the middle of the night covered in blood from their drunken escapades — so he blended in.

He felt a pillow smash into his face and frowned. “What the fuck, Jared? (memes soz)” He asked before leaning up on his elbows. His furrowed brow conveyed his annoyance with his best friend, and roommate who was already fully dressed.

“You’re late.”

✧ ✧ ✧

After his morning routine and first lessons of the day, Nick found himself in the library, it was where he spent most of his free time when he wasn’t training. Although, it did count as training, but theory, not physical. His eyes were scanning through pages of dead witches, how to and tutorial pages. He scoffed at how immature they were. He’d been learning the arts since he was a child with his brother and father, avenging his late mother’s death.

He was nose deep in the pages when it began to sniffle. It’s here. He thought to himself before scanning his eyes across the room. At first he tried not to be noticed but when hisneyes locked on what he had been searching for he almost gritted his teeth like a wild animal, throwing the book back on the shelf. He then turned and began to walk carefully over, without causing a scene.

alec.

Alec was not panicking, or at least he would've liked to say he wasn't, although that would've been a lie. He hadn't been doing anything wrong, had he? Well, that probably wasn't the best question to be asking. People got mad at witches for reasons that Alec couldn't really understand, but as he looked at the guy who was currently making his way over towards him, Alec really wished he figured out that disappearing spell that Thomas always nagged him to learn.

His shoulders pressed against the bookshelf behind him, trying to make himself look not guilty, even though he wasn't sure what he would even be guilty of. This guy must be a witch hunter, or something, because how else would he have been able to tell that Alec was a witch? The book he had in his hands was pressed tightly to his chest, as if to protect himself, but Alec was a hundred and twenty five pounds soaking wet, and this guy could possibly break him if given the opportunity, which Alec didn't want to give.

"Can I- help you?" He asked, his voice catching slightly and making him mentally curse, wishing that he could just disappear, something, anything, because he couldn't take it. Yeah, he was a little scared, but this was a public library, maybe he'd have some freaking decency to not murder Alec in front of a bunch of witnesses. Well, maybe that wasn't true. Witches were mostly considered the bane of society's existence, but he hadn't been doing anything wrong. No spells, absolutely nothing. Maybe this guy just wanted him dead for the only reason that he was a witch. And honestly, Alec couldn't really blame him.

Alec's eyes averted from the guy's face, glancing over at the table in the middle of the room and then back to the guy, trying to figure out what to do. He probably wouldn't be able to do much, truthfully. He had accepted himself to it, at this point, that he was a lousy human being and an even more lousy witch.

𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕩
Nick had almost expected him to run, that’s what most of them did. Although it came as a shock, he was pleasantly surprised as it would be an easy catch for him. Majority of the witches he had caught and, well, killed, tried to put up a fight. But their efforts didn’t deter him in the slightest. It was almost more fun when they actually tried to get out of his grasps. It made it into a game. Although he was quite a pleasant person to his human peers, extremely extroverted, it was like a whole new him appeared when his eyes were set on a witch. He didn’t refer to them as witches though. To him they were scum. He felt like a lion protecting his land from wild zebras. They shouldn’t be allowed out here.

His eyes zeroed onto the boy and a madman grin etched onto his face. He didn’t want to make a scene though, still. People looking would just see a tougher guy trying to beat up a smaller one and thatcwasnt good for his reputation. For people didn’t know about the long history of witch hunters, and why they would try and seemingly murder innocent looking bystanders. But they weren’t innocent. That’s what his dad had taught him. They took your mother and they much pay for it.

Nick’s hand grabbed the other by the wrist. “You can help me by keeping your mouth shut.” He snapped, but in a hush tone. Instead of waiting for a response, he began to drag the other boy out of the doors and into he street. He wouldn’t care if he tried to break away. He knew he had a much stronger grip and body power.

Instead of taking the route into town, he pulled him into the alleyway next to the library. He couldn’t really finish the business here. For thats what murdering witches was. Nothing more than business.

Throwing him up against the wall, he narrowed his eyes and trapped him beneath his own body and the bricks, using his other hand to fetch the concealed knife within his jeans. “What are you plotting, huh?” He growled, using his spare arm to push against his neck. Not even his innocent looking face or small frame would stop him. There was no mercy within his family. None.

alec.

If Alec wasn't panicking before, he definitely was now. He regretted leaving Gaston at home, he regretted not telling Thomas where he was going, but he didn't have time to think about that as he was grabbed by the wrist and taken outside, his face bright red and struggling to think of something to do, and he stumbled a little bit over his feet, curse him for wearing his big clunky boots today, before being pushed into the wall, a little gasp leaving his lips as he was. At the question, his eyes widened slightly, before shaking his head.

The hand on his neck made him panic, but what didn't, at this point? "Nothing- I don't- I don't even know what you're talking about-" He started, before coughing a little when the arm tightened on his throat. It was true, he wasn't sure what was going on. Alec wasn't planning anything. Sure, it was close to Halloween and he'd have to do something for that, but it didn't mean anything. He wasn't planning on sacrificing humans, or whatever this guy thought.

The knife in his hand only made Alec more nervous, a prayer being repeated in his head like a mantra that if he was going to die, it better be quick. But no one really showed witches that type of mercy. And whoever this guy was, he really didn't seem to want to show Alec any mercy. "I'm not- plotting anything. Can't I just-" he said, gritting his teeth a little bit as he said the words, "what did I do to you?"

He knew that was probably a bad thing to ask, but Alec really didn't care anymore. Maybe he could shock him, or something, make him let Alec go. That'd be stupid, though, because what would he do after that? He'd be a dead man either way, and the guy looked mad. Alec wouldn't stand a chance.

𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕩
“What have you done?” Nick chuckled, shaking his head. This particular one that’s the done anything, not personally, but as a whole, they had. The scum that was allowed to wander the earth that should’ve been made extinct over a hundred years ago. They were always doing dodgy things. He hadn’t met a single one that was just trying to go about their day. If they just tried to fit in, then it would be harder to hunt them, knowing they weren’t doing anything wrong. But that never happened. Or so his clouded mind thought.

“You killed my fucking mother.” He snapped, pushing harder on his arm. He could’ve kill him this way, but he could at least try and make him more uncomfortable. “You and your whore ancestry.” He was aware that this, slightly innocent looking boy probably couldn’t and wouldn’t have had any help in the act, but was related to people who did. And that, made his blood boil with the fury of avenging. “She would’ve been here if it wasn’t for you. But I’m glad she’s not. It made me learn about you and now I’ve killed at least fifty. That’s fifty less to do any wrong in the world.” He thrives off of limiting the numbers. Knowing they were out there made him sick to his stomach.

“What’s your name?” He spat, eyes locking with the smaller frame. “Your real name.” With that, he brought the knife to the boys chest and poked it forwards. It couldn’t kill him but he didn’t know that, and he wouldn’t. “And don’t test me.”

alec.

Oh, God. Alec was barely hiding his bubbled over panic, and he hoped it didn't show in his eyes. Thomas always told him that he had expressive eyes, and that he needed to work on it getting better. But that was another topic for another time, as he was currently quite focused on not being murdered in cold blood. Hearing the numbers, though, that made the metaphorical knife currently lodged in Alec's chest twist painfully, and his vision was beginning to get a little blurry. Tears. Why was he crying?

"A-Alec," he choked out, realizing he should probably tell the guy his full name, otherwise it might end poorly for him. "Alexander- my name is Alexander Cato Simmons." Maybe that was a mistake, giving him his name. At least, his "human" name, if Alec really wanted to call it that. His witch name was... private, to him. But Alec wasn't to blame for the murder of this guy's mother. Alec had nothing to do with it, and he didn't understand why it was him- why him? As he felt an actual, literal knife touch his chest, Alec almost immediately held his breath, as if he was waiting for something.

Maybe just waiting for this guy to pull the trigger. Metaphorical trigger, of course. "If you're- gonna kill me, just do it." He spat, as if he was trying to pull off one last act of defiance before he was killed by this guy. He just hoped Thomas or Gaston would find his body before anyone else did.

𝕡𝕙𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕩
A frown nearly formed on his face when he heard the stutter. How on earth could he be frightened? It had never occured to him that they had feelings before and any other that he had bumped into before, were putting up a fight: spitting in his face or trying to fight him back. But this one? Not so much. The fear almost made him disappointed. It wasn’t a fair fight and that is what he craved — having to actually push himself into making them surrender. He sighed, growing tired with the act and loss ended his grip slightly. It’s not like he would run away. He could easily catch him if he did. His arm still stayed in its heightened position just in case this was an act - one he had never seen before.

Though, his lips curled into a smirk when he saw the moisture within his mirror. How pitiful, he thought. “Quit the act, I know you’re toying with me. I can’t kill you. In fact, that’s why I need you.” He said, though realised soon enough that he probably wouldn’t cooperate. He would have to make a plan to coerce him. “I’ve got something you want, something you need. I may not be able to kill you but I can kill your dumb cat.” He always despised cats, especially ones that could talk back.

“You know where the knife is, or if you don’t then you definitely know where to find it.” He knew it was a long journey and there was probably a lot of work to be done before the destination, but that wouldn’t stop him. And easier way to kill a witch was an easier way of life in his opinion. “I don’t have the right stuff to kill you. It’ll just be quicker for you, and for your family and friends if I can get my hands on it.” He explained, now fully loosen his grip and moving his weight further back. Nick kept his knife handy though. Just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back