⁠— 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕨𝕒𝕧𝕖 • (a celebrity reality show) • [OPEN]

BNY

HEAT
WAVE
“Fame is fickle, and I know it. It has its compensations but it also has its drawbacks, and I've experienced them both." ― Marilyn Monroe
introduction
It's the hottest show of the season― or at least that's what publicists were told when invitations were sent addressed to their clients. Marketed as a way to get to know the "real" versions of everyone's favorite up-and-coming celebrities, Heatwave is a reality show like no other (or it's exactly like every reality show ever).

Ten of some of the most influential young stars in Hollywood have been crammed together in a house plastered floor-to-ceiling with cameras, with a 24/7 livestream broadcasting their every move and every conversation. Will they find unlikely friendship? Garner more fame? Or will their carefully crafted personas fall apart, leaving them with nothing?

Find out this summer!
rules
one.
This is a lazy literate endeavor. We're not about pumping out novella reply after novella reply. Good grammar is appreciated, but fast-paced and engaging content is prioritized. This is meant to be fun, relaxing, and totally self-indulgent.
two.
Don't join if you can't post more than a couple times a week. You don't have to post every single day, but no one wants to wait around for weeks while the plot sits still.
three.
We're gonna be nice and pleasant to each other, or we're gonna find ourselves not in this group anymore. I definitely don't mind helping mediate things, but we're gonna keep the drama in-character only.
four.
It would be really cool if we could keep things from getting too heterosexual. Variety makes a more interesting plot, so I'm more likely to accept characters who break the cishet romcom stereotypes.
five.
Main characters? Not allowed here. We may do RNG "fan favorites" to help spice the plot up, but everyone gets a turn in the spotlight, because everyone shares it.
six.
Real faceclaims only, please.
seven.
I reserve the right to edit or change rules as need be, to keep the group alive and thriving. We're gonna keep it cool so I don't gotta do any changing, but I'm putting the disclaimer out there just in case.
character types
The focus of this plot is on celebrities, so every character applying has to be famous in some way. These guys aren't A-listers, but everyone in their generation knows they exist. Make sense? We're talking the Cole Sprouses, Markipliers, Kylie and Kendall Jenners, Emma Chamberlains, Timothée Chalamets. These are people who are just getting started on what promise to be illustrious careers, but have tons of momentum behind them. You get it.

YouTubers, singers, actors, models, rich kids who get attention on social media— they're all welcome! I'm not here to limit your ideas (so long as they don't disrupt the flow of things) because collaborative creativity makes things more fun. If you feel you need to run an idea by me, that's totally fine. I love helping build characters, so I'm here for you.
extras
Basically, this is a online reality show where a bunch of famous young adults have been thrown together in a house and put on livestream 24/7. The idea is that hopefully, maybe, doing something this out of the box will boost careers. Basically, what if a bunch of rich people with tons of fans went on Big Brother or Terrace House?

Interpersonal plots and drama are totally welcome. I'm thinking that romantic relationships and all the angst they bring (Looking at you, Love Island.) would be a great addition, but let's make that realistic and not the whole focus. Contestants can leave the house, but they can't stay overnight elsewhere for more than a night or two. The whole series is supposed to last three months, and the fan-picked favorite, whoever that ends up being, is promised some money.

If I think of anything else that might need be mentioned, you can expect it to go in this section with timestamps! Links are gonna get added should, like, anyone actually be interested in this.

code by @Nano

Last edited:
sweet! i'm so excited there's some interest in my goofy idea. i'll set up an application thread real soon here!

Last edited:
okay, we got an application thread!

please feel free to ask any questions! also, would you guys like a discord for ooc? we could also plan out characters and plots there!

apolla apolla / low fidelity low fidelity / Parallax Parallax / simplymyah simplymyah / AlexandraRoseLeclerc AlexandraRoseLeclerc / VALEN T. VALEN T. / sleeplessness sleeplessness

Last edited:
discord invite went out to those interested! let me know if there are any problems with it!

Last edited:
honestly colour me interested might make the villain of the show to spice it up 😌

Users who are viewing this thread