• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕪𝕠𝕦 : 𝕞𝕒𝕣𝕧𝕖𝕝

f a l l i n g f o r y o u

i think i'm falling, i'm falling for you
on this night, and in this light

_________

a 1x1 mcu roleplay
by incandescent and foreverandalways

Last edited:
nicholas glass
nicholas wasn’t really sure what he was expecting when he’d accepted this mission, but it definitely wasn’t this.

his day started off just the same as they always do now: jump out of bed, head to the cafeteria, eat a bowl of fruit loops with oj and bug his co-workers a little bit. thanks to the snap, things at shield were quieter than they’d been in decades. some people said that the silence was peaceful, but really, it just made nicholas anxious. things hadn’t been this calm or slow for him in three years, leaving him with way too much time with his own thoughts, and forcing everyone else on zephyr one to have to begrudgingly listen to him rant on and on about whatever was annoying him at that moment. it was a miracle that they hadn’t managed to chuck him off the plane just yet out of irritation, but then again, everyone knew what he was like on the field- and secretly, some people actually enjoyed his banter.

with half of the entire planet gone, petty crimes and robberies skyrocketed, but as time passed by people had realized that there wasn’t anything they could do about the people they’d lost, and soon, nearly everyone had settled into their new reality. hydra, in particular, had stayed in radio silence since the snap, much to nicholas’s annoyance. maybe they’d lost too many people, or maybe they were meticulously planning their next attack. either way, he was itching for some kind of action, or at least, some kind of reason to get out of this stuffy plane- and as a blessing or a curse, his prayers were finally answered.

nick had been laying on a couch in one of the lounges, captivated by the tennis ball that he’d been bouncing off of the ceiling for nearly thirty minutes out of boredom, when the blast of an alert tone rang through the walls of the plane and sent him almost flying to the meeting room. it’d been two months and five days since the last alert- he knew because he tallied each day on the wall of his dorm in anxious longing for the next one. he didn’t think that it would happen so soon, though, and when it did, he immediately volunteered.

he remembered looking at the holographic projection in the middle of the meeting room exasperated. shield had finally found the location of 023: the quiet killer, one of the highest priority hydra agents on their radar for the past near decade - and they needed to act fast. every time in the past that they’d found her, just as soon as they got there she’d slip away without a trace, and they’d be back where they started.

once he got there, it’d taken him two hours, but he’d finally managed to knock her out with his nifty night-night gun, though not without suffering dozens of bruises and cuts. looking at her now, thankfully knocked out and bound to the seat straight across from him, she didn’t seem that harmless, but then again, he’d learned a long time ago to not be fooled by appearances. he’d had to have seen her face in debriefings dozens of times. nicholas could vividly remember the hours that his team had spent analyzing her and all the few bits and pieces of information regarding her that shield had mustered up- that is, that she was his age, and yet she’d managed to kill more people than he could count on both hands. that thought alone was enough to send chills down his back, all the while, she looked just like any other teenage girl.

he let out a disgruntled sigh, ruffling his hand through his curls. turning the autopilot on would slow his trip back to the base, but it gave him well enough time to stitch up whatever cuts she’d managed to get into him, and if the night night gun happened to wear off before they got there, a moment to maybe get some information out of her.

the quinjet

mood

very, very exhausted

outfit

something like this

tags

foreverandalways foreverandalways
coded by natasha.

the quiet killer
Name - Charlotte

location - unknown
mood - unknown
tags - incandescent incandescent
After the snap, 023's mission was to take out the remaining SHIELD and Avengers. It was a simple task for someone like her. She started small. Killing SHIELD agents and their families here and there, making sure every death was different but leaving something to be traced back to HYDRA. She was only 17 and had more kills under her name than most of the other soldiers at HYDRA. At age 17, she had exactly 44 kills, and today, they planned on making it 45. 023 complied, she always had to comply, she learned that the hard way. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't escape. When she wasn't on a mission, she was in her cell, and even though she was alone on a mission, the tracker in her arm made it impossible to run away. Today, HYDRA gave her her favourite knives and told her one simple thing. To kill the SHIELD agent known as Nicholas Glass. As per usual, HYDRA gave only a picture. He was young. 023 guessed he was around her age, though she doesn't know what that age is. She never had a problem with killing people older than her but she has never killed a child. She nodded and grabbed her weapons before heading out to the van. They blindfolded her and drove her to the location, dropped her off, and drove off. It took a while, but their target finally arrived. Sneaking up behind him, 023 let out a grunt and began to fight. They continued playing cat and mouse for a while until 023 was shot. She didn't know with what but she was soon passed out. After god know's how long, Charlotte woke up. She wasn't 023, the effect had worn off when she was under. She wanted to scream but bit it back as she looked around the weird room she was in. The female had never seen a room like this before, she started to panic. Her breathing grew rapid and she closed her eyes, trying to remember what had happened. She failed. She failed and now they were going to kill her. 023 had never failed a mission. After taking a few deep breaths to calm down, the teen glanced around the room, her eyes landing on a camera in the corner. Charlotte took a shaky breath and glared up at it. "please don't kill me" she whispered to herself.

code by @pasta

Last edited:
nicholas glass
she put up a hell of a fight. nick could attest to that, wincing at the stinging pain in his side. in fact, he was pretty sure that she could’ve very well killed him, had he not tranquilized her at the right time, but he wouldn’t let anyone else know that. damn, he knew he should’ve spent more time in weapons training. whatever, though- in the end, he succeeded in his task: she was sound asleep and straight on her way to the base just as they’d asked him to do. in the thirty or so minutes before she’d wake up, he wandered around the room a bit, and then finally resorted to leaning against a wall somewhere close enough to watch her but comfortable enough away so he could take his time and fix the last of his wounds.

thirty minutes had passed, and he threw his head up from the ground to look at her, slightly startled by the sudden sound of her sharp breathing. she looked terrified, unlike just an hour ago when he nearly had gotten his head sliced off. he knew better than to feel sad for her, though. from all that they’d gathered, he knew that she was a ruthless killer, someone who had the capability destroy families without a second thought. nonetheless, he was taken aback by the lingering cry that escaped her mouth. he hoped he didn’t show it. in the back of his mind, nicholas felt some smidge of pity for her, but he made sure to push that thought deep, deep into his head. instead, he remembered exactly the last few words that melinda may had repeated to him before he set off to find her: “get as much out of her as you can. we’re counting on you.”

“relax, i’m not gonna kill you-” he paused, calmly sitting back down in front of her to pull a switchblade from his belt holster- “not yet, anyway. but my friends and i need answers from you. you’re very hard to catch, you know. the quiet killer.”

he reached into the back of his pocket for a small device, swiping at it once to pull up in the middle of the two a holograph of a collection of pictures, depicting either deceased shield agents brutally murdered, or the faces of agents who’d gone missing over the past few months. he glanced from the images to the girl, waiting to see her reaction.
the quinjet

mood

curious

outfit

something like this

tags

coded by natasha.

the quiet killer
Name - Charlotte

location - unknown
mood - scared
Charlotte's eyes flickered to the male that was in the room with her. She watched as the male sat across from her, pulling out a switchblade. The female took a deep breath and swallowed hard. She had to comply. She didn't know who he or his friends were, but she thought this might be her one chance of escape. "I'm hard to catch for most people. But not HYDRA. There's a tracker in my lower right arm. As soon as they find I'm gone, they'll activate it and you'll have about 2 hours before they find me. Take it out and disable it." She shrugged lightly, trying to keep her calm facade. "I'd say about 7 hours before they find me." Charlotte looked up at his chin, making sure to avoid eye contact. One of the first things she was taught was to never make eye contact with a superior. She closed her eyes and placed her right arm on the table between them. "Take it out." she said firmly, yet her eyes were pleading, practically begging him. There was a moment of silence before the male placed an object on the table, a hologram appearing soon after. Faces of her victims were shown and a tiny gasp escaped her mouth. "Turn it off" she commanded, looking away from the table. When she is under, she is controlled. When she is not, she is fearing for her life. Afraid of them. Afraid of herself. She know she has killed. She hated it. Her victim's eyes are burned into the back of her mind.

code by @pasta

Last edited:
nicholas glass
was this some kind of ploy? what if somehow doing this was going to blow up the ship, or send off some kind of alert back to hydra? nicholas glanced from the faces of his co-workers to the girl’s arm rested on the table, looking for some sort of indication that she was lying to him; after all, he wasn’t really in the mood to die right now, not when he had one of shield’s most wanted right in the palm of his hands. but then, she didn’t look nervous or flighty. she refused to meet his eye, but he could look into hers and tell that there was some sense of fervor in them. a minute or two of complete silence passed by, nick debating in his head whether this was a good idea or not, when suddenly, he gave her a small nod, and swiped away the hologram before getting up to reach for a first aid kit in the corner of the room. he sat back down across from her, holding his switchblade in one hand and a needle of strong anesthesia in the next. “don’t move,” nicholas insisted, but before she could get out a word, he injected the needle into her arm, quickly slicing open a small slit where she’d beckoned to. thank god- she was telling the truth, and in just a few seconds he was able to get the chip out of her arm. he took a second to look at the thing, and after stitching her up, swiftly crushed it with the hilt of his switchblade. “well,” he sighed, glancing up at her, “can’t go anywhere now.” if she was telling the truth, and as long as she had no idea who he worked for, he had the complete upper hand. nicholas pulled out the little device again, swiping it to show only the faces of recently missing shield agents. six people who’d disappeared without any trace in the past few months, people who were closely working on hydra research. “you can make this easy for the both of us,” he said, glancing from his switchblade to the camera in the corner of the room. “you recognize any of these people?”
the quinjet

mood

determined

outfit

something like this

tags

coded by natasha.

the quiet killer
Name - Charlotte

location - unknown
mood - worried
Charlotte swallowed hard, her eyes still pleading him to take out the tracker. The longer she had without Hydra on her trail, the more chance she would be free of them. She looked around the room, it was much bigger than the cell she had back there. Even if she couldn't escape this place, it seemed better than Hydra. Once the male got up she sighed in defeat, thinking he was going to leave. Instead, he grabbed a first aid kit that was in the corner of the room. He sat back down and Charlotte took a deep breath again. No matter how many she took to calm down, her heart was still racing and she was nowhere near calm. The female stayed quiet and didn't dare move a muscle when he told her not to. She didn't know who he worked for or how dangerous he was. He looked like he could hurt her, especially if she wasn't under Hydra's brainwash. When he plunged the needle into her, she took a sharp breath and closed her eyes. She was used to pain. She can handle a needle. Charlotte kept her eyes closed until she heard his voice again. She glanced down at her sewn up arm and was a little surprised. Hydra would've let her bleed or made her sew herself up. The teen nodded softly when asked about the agents who were on the screen. She studied their faces, well, mostly their eyes. If she killed them, she would've recognized their eyes. "The Quiet Killer killed them all but the last one" she gestured to the female agent who was on the screen. "I've seen her before though." she whispered, her brain trying to recall where she had seen her. "She was in the package. She was supposed to kill the agent. But The Quiet Killer didn't kill her. I know that. I let her go. I told her to go into hiding. I don't know where she is, but she is alive. Unless someone else found her." she explained. Her eyes grew wide after realizing she spilled one of her secrets. She prayed that she wouldn't get in trouble. She prayed that this wasn't a test. Her breathing started to grow rapid and she tapped her fingers in sets of three on the table. Her eyes drifted around the room, looking for a way to hide in case he was going to hurt her. She didn't find a hiding spot but her eyes did land on a the water cooler in the corner. Her eyes grew hungry. She hadn't had cold water in a while. She would do a lot for water right now. That's good. Focus on something else, stay calm. Charlotte's eyes stayed fixated on the water cooler. She took deep breaths in count of the sets of three that she was tapping on the table. After a few minutes and after realizing he wasn't going to hurt her right now, she slowly moved her eyes back to his chin. "I'm sorry"

code by @pasta

Last edited:
nicholas glass

he whipped his head up from the ground at her confession, feeling a pit in the middle of his chest sink rapidly with every word that she said. brainwashing in hydra’s ranks was no mystery to shield- after all, they’d gone through the whole winter soldier mess, but nick had never thought of what it’d be like to witness that in person. he didn’t exactly know if that was her case, but he was almost positive. he couldn’t tell what he felt, hearing her talk about all the vicious murders that she carried through like she had nothing to do with it. maybe she didn’t.

killed them all but the last one. nick quickly reached back for the device, and swiped once again, zooming in solely on the last picture. an older woman, with long brassy hair streaked with hints of grey, and an unmistakably warm gaze that demanded respect. his mom. it’d been exactly three months and four days since he’d last seen her, and exactly two months and fifteen days since she sent him her last message. even if they didn’t get along much, and even if he slightly resented her for leaving him and his brother, he grew to love her- and then she’d just disappeared.

he had her, if just for a moment, and then she was gone. but he thought she was dead by now, and somehow, miraculously, the girl in front of him had just told him that she might just be alive. he opened his mouth slightly in response to her apology, but no words escaped. he swallowed them before they could come out. instead, he followed her fleeting gaze to the water cooler, and seeing her fixation on it, instinctively got up to fill two paper cup fulls of water. nicholas set the drinks on the table and sat back down, resting the bottom of his chin on his palm. he thought to what she’d just confessed to him, and he calmly put away his switchblade, stuffing it into his back pocket. it didn’t seem like she was going to make any sudden moves, and after what he’d just heard, he had a million questions thwarting in his mind, but he landed on just the two, trying his hardest not to give away the restlessness in his chest. “the package?” he said, tilting his head. “where did you last see her? and when?”
the quinjet

mood

shocked

outfit

something like this

tags

coded by natasha.

the quiet killer
Name - Charlotte
location - unknown
mood - worried
Charlotte watched the male react. He seemed confused? Scared? Worried? Concerned? She couldn't tell. Once again, when he got up, she though he was going to leave. However, he just got some water from the cooler before sitting back down. She watched as he placed the water in front of her. Charlotte stayed still for a moment until she slowly grabbed the cup of water and raised it to her mouth. She knew she should've asked but for some reason, she felt like nothing was going to happen. She took a steady breath and took a sip of water, letting the cool, refreshing liquid rest in her mouth for a second before she swallowed it. She placed the cup back down and looked back up at the hologram. She listened to his questions and nodded. "Thank you for the water," she started out. She rubbed her wrists, which were raw from the handcuffs she would wear almost all the time in Hydra, before continuing. "The package is what they give the killer before each mission. It only includes a picture and location." she paused, waiting for a reaction. "A-and I don't know when. It was a while ago, at least a couple months. And the location was a forest in BC. I don't remember much else, they've wiped my brain a few times since. But I remember. She was able to snap The Quiet Killer out of me. I let her run." Charlotte swallowed hard and looked back down. "Can I ask something? Well, two things. Answer them and I'll do anything. No complaint. No fighting. No disobedience." Charlotte knew this was her final test. Hydra never let her talk freely, let alone ask questions. If this male lets her, she will then know she isn't in Hydra's hands anymore. Charlotte looked at the ceiling and blinked back tears. "I just want to know my age and your first name."

code by @pasta

Last edited:
nicholas glass

hearing that his mom had managed to get away safely, he let out a heavy sigh, and only then noticed how long he’d been holding in his breath in his hanging on to every bit of information that the girl was eagerly giving him. she might have gotten away- thank god- but then, he still hadn’t heard a single word from her, and he was certain that she wasn’t done running. after all they’d been through, and after all the time it took for her to get to him, she wouldn’t waste a second to come back, but she hadn’t encountered the girl in at least a couple months, in fucking british columbia. that could put the two anywhere on the timeline he’d been obsessively crafting in his head. “a couple months,” he muttered to himself, letting out a deep breath. if he wasn’t confused earlier, he was now.

he glanced up from the floor to meet the girl, feeling even more lightheaded than he had before. he couldn’t imagine what it might be like- to not know who you are, let alone have control over yourself- hell, she didn’t even know her own age? nicholas bit the inside of his cheek at her request, nodding slightly. maybe it wasn’t a very good idea, but some gut feeling in him could sense that she would stand by her word. “seventeen,” he slowly said, swallowing the lump in his throat. they weren’t exactly sure, but some of the people on his team- the ones that’d gone missing, had done their best to find as much information about her as possible in the past few months, although they hadn’t gotten that far. it was like she virtually didn’t exist. he looked at her carefully, watching for how she’d react. “at least, from what we know.”
“and- nicholas,” he answered hoarsely, lingering on his name with some bitter reminiscence. “do you… have a name?”
the quinjet

mood

frusturated

outfit

something like this

tags

coded by natasha.

the quiet killer
Name - Charlotte
location - unknown
mood - quiet
Charlotte nodded softly and listened carefully to his words. "Seventeen" she whispered back to herself. She didn't care if it was exactly right, it was some sort of closure. One of her billion questions was just answered. "Seventeen" she repeated again, this time a little louder. The female nodded her head and looked down, playing with a loose strand of thread that was from her sleeve. She took in his name with another slight nod. "okay. thank you" she said simply. When he asked for her name she was taken aback. "I-I-I don't know." she admitted, her voice stuttering in fear that she was going to get in trouble for not knowing the answer. "I, um, I like to call myself Charlotte though." she whispered. "They didn't let me have a name so I kept it to myself." she explained quietly. Charlotte didn't know how to feel. She had never been treated like this before, it was all new to her. Plus, she just found out her age, so that was also new. The two sat in silence for a while before Charlotte finally looked back up at him - Nicholas, she reminded herself. She had finally digested the information that she was told and she started to tap her fingers in sets of threes again. "Um, sir?" she started out slowly. "can you please promise me you won't tell Jones what I told you. I'd get in so much trouble. For lying and for telling someone." Charlotte started to panic. Her breathing grew faster and she started to tap her fingers against the table faster. "He'll hurt me" she whispered. her breathing was rapid for a while until she closed her eyes and let a tear escape before biting down on her lip until she tasted blood. after a moment, she opened them back up and took a steady breath, she was calm now. She glanced at Nicholas and then looked back down, swallowing the blood in her mouth.

code by @pasta

nicholas glass

nicholas’s eyes darted to the wall at the right of him when he felt the plane jolt to a sudden stop. the back wall of the plane lowered slowly with a dark humming, until it revealed the landing area- and in front of it, a stone-faced woman, standing arms-crossed in the wide entrance to zephyr one and accompanied by two large and equally stone-faced guards. melinda may, stoic as ever, stepped into the plane, the men doting behind her as she did so. nick jolted up from his seat, grabbing the hologram device as he did so, and glanced from charlotte to may. the small woman beckoned him to get some rest, and he nodded, but stood still, watching as may headed over to the girl and closed a pair of handcuffs over her wrists with a loud click reverberating across the room. nick clenched his jaw and looked away, but he could feel the eyes of both charlotte and may resting over his face. honestly, he felt like he was going to throw up then and there- if it weren’t for may snapping him out at the exact moment, he probably would’ve.

“hey,” may started, sending a quick nod toward the guards to get them started to the cell and then glancing back to nick, “you hear me? you need to get some rest. i’ll take it from here.”

he seemed not to have registered what she said, taking a step to follow them, before he was halted by the placement of may’s hand firmly pressed against his chest.

the two were silent for a moment, nick’s guilty eyes failing to leave the wide-eyed girl, and may, squinting inquisitively as she searched through his eyes. a few seconds passed, and she removed herself, subtly motioning for him to follow while she followed the guards.
the quinjet

mood

somber

outfit

something like this

tags

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
the quiet killer
Name - Charlotte
location - unknown
mood - fearful
Charlotte flinched when his hand rested on her shoulder. She tensed and bit her lip harder. She couldn't ask him to remove it. She said she would behave. That was her promise and she didn't intend to break it anytime soon. She glanced up at him, still avoiding eye contact, when she heard the name, her name. The teen let out a breath of relief when Nicholas said he wasn't going to tell Jones. She didn't know if she could trust him yet, but something deep down told her that she could. Just like the woman in BC. When he removed his hand from her shoulder, Charlotte felt herself longing for his touch again. There was something comforting about it, but she didn't dare say that. 'Who is we?" she asked quietly. Just hearing that the intention wasn't to hurt her helped a lot. She was much calmer, even calmer than when she first woke up, but she was still on edge. When he asked who Jones was, she froze. Memories of what happened at the Hydra base spread through her mind like wildfire, the memories she could remember that is. Even with having her brain wiped multiple times, some things stuck. Probably the worst things, but she doesn't know. Charlotte clenched her fists and took a sharp breath before looking up at the ceiling. "He controlled me," she licked her lips and shook her head, trying to think of things. "He hurt me," she paused again. "He taught me everything. How to fight, how to kill someone. My first kill was the closest person to me, my nurse. I never learned her name, but after Jones found out she was teaching me how to read. He made me kill her." The female swallowed hard, memories of pain filling her body. "After that incident, Jones did everything. The punishment, the torture, the cleaning of my wounds, the needles. Everything that I needed someone else to do, he did." she shook her head once more and looked down at the table. "He didn't even let me eat with the other Soldiers. I was by myself or with him. I'm not scared of many things, but I'm scared of him, what he has done, and what he will do." Tears flooded her eyes, she didn't know what she was feeling. She had never talked to someone as much as she has been this past while, let alone talk about what happened. She tried blinking back her tears, crying is for the weak, she heard Jones' voice in her head, but she couldn't stop herself as she let out a much needed sob.

code by @pasta

nicholas glass

nicholas felt his heart sink with every word that she hesitantly let out. jones controlled her. hurt her. tortured her. he’d heard horror stories about hydra dozens of times since he’d first come to shield: when one of his teammates miraculously survived being tortured and left for dead, when his mom found her way back to shield after a gruesome two months of being held captive back in the nineties- and in each retelling, he felt completely sick to his stomach. that was how he felt now. he knew very well that hydra was brutal, unforgiving. they had no moral code, nor any sliver of humanity. he knew, because he’d witnessed it himself, sobbing in his living room two years ago above the dead bodies of his brother and parents. It was something that he’d never be able to remove from his mind, haunting almost every waking moment of his. he’d prayed hundreds of times that one day he could just somehow forget about all of it- go back to his old life, before he knew about all of the worl’ds gritty baggage, back when he was just some carefree teenage boy who didn’t have to care about much, who played football and loved his parents and frequented the beaches in california with his brother, his best friend. but he knew that he’d never have a choice in that matter. neither of them did.

nicholas bit his lip at her question, struggling to keep his composure. he didn’t want her to feel like how she’d surely felt back at hydra, as if she couldn’t trust him, as if she wasn’t safe. but then, he could hear the voice in the back of his head, recalling just before he’d left, when melinda may firmly told him that he couldn’t under any circumstances give away who he was working for, at least until they’d gotten back to the base, and they were absolutely certain that they weren’t being watched or located. he couldn’t look up at her again, but he placed his hand out on the table, a sign of trust. “i… can’t say right now,” he stated, “but i promise you, where we’re headed, you’re safe. All i can tell you now is that i’m not with them- hydra. we’re the ‘good guys.’”

he glanced up from his hand to charlotte at the sudden sound of her letting out a bursting cry, feeling the muscles in his body tense up. nicholas opened his mouth, struggling to find whatever words that could make her feel any safer. he felt her wails growing stronger, heavier, and he’d guessed that she hadn’t let herself go like that in a long time. instinctively, he slowly placed a. hand on tp of hers again to comfort her, not noticing that he’d done so. he didn’t know what to do, but in the back of his mind he felt like that was as good as he could. “hey-” he beckoned towards the now crushed tracking chip on the table- “you’re here. safe. you can trust me. he isn’t going to hurt you, not while you’re with us. you can trust me. and if it comes to it, we can even try to help you find him. just- you don’t have to worry about him, not there.”
the quinjet

mood

somber

outfit

something like this

tags

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
the quiet killer
Name - Charlotte
location - unknown
mood - faint
Charlotte nodded softly. Of course, she thought, you never show who you are working for until the deed is done. The female let her sobs get heavy for a few moments until she felt a hand on hers. Out of instinct, she closed her eyes and bit back the sob she was about to let out. She grew quiet, afraid to do anything. No matter how many times she repeated the word he had said to herself, she never felt it. She never felt safe. Charlotte wasn't sure if it was the quinjet landing or his words about trusting him and staying safe but she instantly felt sick. She pulled her hand away from his and covered her mouth, stifling another sob. The plane was shaking as it landed at the base and her eyes darted around the room trying to find the source of the shaking. It eventually stopped and soon after, the door opened. In stepped a lady. "Kid," the woman spoke to Nicholas, "go get some rest, I have some guards ready to escort her to her cell." she spoke calm, yet firm. She grabbed a pair of handcuffs from her belt and walked over to Charlotte, who let out a whimper. Her eyes darted over to Nicholas, pleading for answers. She was just told she was safe, but now some lady and guards were putting handcuffs on her and taking her to a cell. The teen's eyes never left Nicholas as she stuck out her hands, preparing for the handcuffs.

code by @pasta

nicholas glass

nicholas felt his heart sink with every word that she hesitantly let out. jones controlled her. hurt her. tortured her. he’d heard horror stories about hydra dozens of times since he’d first come to shield: when one of his teammates miraculously survived being tortured and left for dead, when his mom found her way back to shield after a gruesome two months of being held captive back in the nineties- and in each retelling, he felt completely sick to his stomach. that was how he felt now. he knew very well that hydra was brutal, unforgiving. they had no moral code, nor any sliver of humanity. he knew, because he’d witnessed it himself, sobbing in his living room two years ago above the dead bodies of his brother and parents. It was something that he’d never be able to remove from his mind, haunting almost every waking moment of his. he’d prayed hundreds of times that one day he could just somehow forget about all of it- go back to his old life, before he knew about all of the worl’ds gritty baggage, back when he was just some carefree teenage boy who didn’t have to care about much, who played football and loved his parents and frequented the beaches in california with his brother, his best friend. but he knew that he’d never have a choice in that matter. neither of them did.

nicholas bit his lip at her question, struggling to keep his composure. he didn’t want her to feel like how she’d surely felt back at hydra, as if she couldn’t trust him, as if she wasn’t safe. but then, he could hear the voice in the back of his head, recalling just before he’d left, when melinda may firmly told him that he couldn’t under any circumstances give away who he was working for, at least until they’d gotten back to the base, and they were absolutely certain that they weren’t being watched or located. he couldn’t look up at her again, but he placed his hand out on the table, a sign of trust. “i… can’t say right now,” he stated, “but i promise you, where we’re headed, you’re safe. All i can tell you now is that i’m not with them- hydra. we’re the ‘good guys.’”

he glanced up from his hand to charlotte at the sudden sound of her letting out a bursting cry, feeling the muscles in his body tense up. nicholas opened his mouth, struggling to find whatever words that could make her feel any safer. he felt her wails growing stronger, heavier, and he’d guessed that she hadn’t let herself go like that in a long time. instinctively, he slowly placed a. hand on tp of hers again to comfort her, not noticing that he’d done so. he didn’t know what to do, but in the back of his mind he felt like that was as good as he could. “hey-” he beckoned towards the now crushed tracking chip on the table- “you’re here. safe. you can trust me. he isn’t going to hurt you, not while you’re with us. you can trust me. and if it comes to it, we can even try to help you find him. just- you don’t have to worry about him, not there.”
zephyr one

mood

nauseated

outfit

something like this

tags

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
the quiet killer
Name - Charlotte
location - unknown
mood - upset
She flinched at the familiar click of the handcuffs. After having been out of them for a while, the cold metal stung against her raw wrists. She was forced up, a lot more gentle than she used to, but still forced nonetheless. She wanted to fight them. She wanted to stay in that room. She wanted to run, be free, never look back. But, once again, her promise was holding her back. When one of the guards pushed her lightly forward, as in to say start walking, she stumbled forward and turned to face Nicholas as she slowly walked out the door. "You said I was safe," she spoke, her voice bitter. She had trusted him but he was wrong. Jones' voice filled her head once more. Don't trust anyone. Everyone is the enemy. His voice echoed through her mind like he was right beside her. She walked silently alongside the two guards. Charlotte's eyes flickered around the halls, trying to take everything in. It was still a base, like Hydra, but this one seemed, well, it looked friendlier. The guards stopped outside a cell, causing Charlotte to come to a halt as well. She hadn't noticed but during their walk, she had bitten on her lip, causing it to bleed again. She shuddered softly, getting the chill out of her body before stepping in the cell after the guards had taken the cuffs off. She didn't turn around until she had heard the door close and lock, something she was taught in Hydra. She licked her lips before turning around, finally looking at the people who had followed her to her cell. Her eyes scanned the few people there before landing on Nicholas. A soft glare rested upon her face as she looked him up and down.

code by @pasta

nicholas glass

may waited carefully for the three in front of them had walked some distance before following, close enough that charlotte was still in their sight, but far enough that she could speak to nicholas in a hushed voice and not be heard by the girl. for a bit, the two were quiet, may with her eyes scanning his, and nick, looking in any direction but hers. nicholas felt his heart stop, charlotte’s worlds stabbing at his chest- but it wasn’t like she was wrong. he told her that she was safe and now, there she was, alone with the two guards into one of zephyr one’s interrogation rooms, cold and empty save for a table, two chairs, and a small cot in the corner.

his eyes rested on charlotte’s for a brief second, the feeling of guilt writhing in his chest, before the guards swiftly shut the door to her cell, leaving him and may to observe her glaring through the one-way mirror. nick quickly looked away and shook his head, slumping onto a chair next to the door of the room. he rested his elbows on his lap and looked straight at the floor, feeling the intrusive eyes of may study him intensely.
“did you get anything out of her?” she asked, her eyes flickering through the one-way-mirror to the guards and the girl. ignoring the pit in his chest, he told her all that he’d learned- how there was a chance that his mom was alive, how the girl was another one of hydra’s ‘experiments’ (though he’d left out the gruesome details), and how they had another sadistic hydra operative- jones- on their hands.
he looked up from his shoes as he’d told her all this, searching her expression for any giveaway of what she was thinking, but her face hadn’t changed a bit. he’d never really known how to explain his relationship with may: from the beginning, she’d never been a very open person, but after knowing her for a few months, there were times when she’d slip through the cracks of her shell, times when he knew exactly what was going on in her head. but since the loss of half the team in the snap, the death of coulson, and his mother’s disappearance, it’d gotten harder to see through to her. instead, after some silence, she have him a nod, and patted his shoulder once as she walked off to the meeting room, leaving him sat next to the door alone.
zephyr one

mood

guilty

outfit

something like this

tags

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
[class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 0px 4px 2px 4px; background: #D93131; color: #fff; [/class] [class name=tab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #D93131; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #D93131; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: .4; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=selectedtab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #D93131; background: #D93131; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #fff; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabcontents hide titleslide removeClass selectedtab tab set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (addClass selectedtab tab) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (show tabcontents) [/script]
[div class=tab]tags
[div class="tabcontents" style="display: none;"]
[div class=tag]mood
unknown.
[div class=tag]location
charlotte's interrogation room.
[div class=tag]outfit
this getup.
[div class=tag]tags[/div] foreverandalways foreverandalways
[/div] [/div] [/div]
nicholas glass
charlotte’s first week in the interrogation room in zephyr one had passed sooner than nicholas expected. he’d come to her room every few hours, sliding her plates of food when it was time and, but she hadn’t spoken more than five words to him at most, and it seemed like she’d either refuse to look at him or glared at him for as long as he was in there. he couldn’t blame her at all, though- he said that she was safe and to her it probably seemed like she was just being transferred from one prison to another. may told him to stay away, except for the times that he’d go to deliver her food, but he found himself lingering next to the window in passing, and secretly, he’d left her some candy and snacks now and then, but he’d always left too soon to see if she even touched the things he brought. in those 168 hours, may and other teammates would occasionally come to see charlotte, lightly questioning her to see if she could give them anything tangible to go off of, but after seven days of them trying to see if they could find out anything else from her, they’d determined that there was nothing left that she remembered that would help them in their case to find either his mom or jones. it all circled back to the same things that they’d found out on the day that they brought her here. they’d deducted that the only way to get that information would be to trigger the quiet killer out of hiding, or to access her memories, and they had no idea how to do either of those things. and so, after a few hours of going back and forth with may on whether or not this was even a good idea, nicholas had convinced the team that she wasn’t any threat for now, and that it would do them more good to let her out than to keep her holed up in that box of a room. so, there he was, at seven in the morning seven days after they’d first dropped her off at zephyr one, standing outside charlotte’s interrogation room door. after convincing her two days ago, may had told him last night that he could let the girl out- but not without carefully supervising her at all times. after all, although she didn’t seem to have the same deadly instincts as the quiet killer, she was somewhat of a wild card, and it’s not like her skills would just disappear in the same way. taking her words into consideration, he carefully twisted open the knob and lightly pushed the door open, his eyes slowly landing on charlotte. he fell silent for a few seconds, then coughed, quickly glancing away to the honeycomb wall at his right. “hey,” he said, shoving his hands in the pockets of his worn out jeans. “you’re free to come out now. we all went over it and, uh… yeah. you’re good to go.”
[/div] [/div]
coded by luna.

[class=variables] --accent: #ebebeb; --image: url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/c7942f3b4d0d198287ce84a5b58aeec2/tumblr_pwb67uEfHl1ua1nbgo2_400.gifv'); --texture: url('https://www.transparenttextures.com/patterns/asfalt-dark.png'); [/class] [div class=variables] [div class=back] [div class=poly][div class=poly2][/div][/div] [div class=bkg] [div class=container][div class=header]Charlotte[/div] [div class=post][div class=scroll]Judging by how many meals she had received in the time she had been in the cell, she had been in there for a week. Everyday was the same. Nicholas would drop by, a lot. Every meal he would bring, Charlotte wouldn't even look at it until he was gone. He had lied to her. Of course she shouldn't have been as trusting as she was, but she can't let her guard down again. Throughout the week, Charlotte had experienced many firsts. First taste of chocolate (courtesy of Nicholas, but she would never say thank you), first time sleeping on something that wasn't a floor, first time wearing sweatpants (a lady had brought her some clothes on the first day, and boy, were they comfy), first time of boredom. That was definitely new to her. In Hydra, she would always be doing something. Training, cleaning up her wounds, getting experimented on. Even in solitary confinement, she was given packages to look over for her next mission. During the long week, the lady and the guards who brought her into this cell would also drop by, though not as often as Nicholas. She gave the bare minimum of information asked of her, it also helped that they weren't asking good enough questions. After only a couple days in the cell, though she would never admit it, Charlotte started to get comfortable in the room. She didn't have anything to make it hers, but she stopped making the cot after day three, which to her, made it feel homey. Every day in Hydra, she would be woken up at five am. Although she didn't have a clock in this cell, she knew her body has gotten used to waking up at the time so her routine stayed the same. It had been about two or three hours since she had woken up when she heard the door open, her eyes shot up to find Nicholas standing there. She lowered her eyes back to the ground and stayed silent. His words lingered in her head. You're free to come out now. Free. She had always wanted to be free, but she knew Hydra would find her as soon as she was in the open. Out of all the times he has visited her, she had only said a few words to him and she had planned on keeping it that way. That was until she heard his words. "Free" she repeated to herself. She glanced up at his chin and shook her head. "I'd rather stay in a cell than have them find me," she spoke calmly, yet her heart was racing. What if she has to go? What if they make her leave? Hydra was going to find her no matter where she goes. Charlotte bit her lip again, whimpering softly as she reopened the cut from when she first got here.
[/div][/div] [/div] [div class=tagflex] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]mood[/div]
bored[/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]location[/div]
holding cell[/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]outfit[/div]
something like this [/div] [div class=tagbox][div class=tag]tags[/div]
incandescent incandescent [/div] [/div] [/div][/div][/div] [class=back] width: 99%; background: var(--texture); background-size: 20%; background-color: #e5eb90; margin: auto; height: 400px; border: 1px solid #c5c5c5; cursor: url('http://i.imgur.com/ZOrzC.png'), auto !important; [/class] [class=bkg] width: 1100px; height: 400px; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; position: relative; top: -400px; [/class] [class=poly] height: 400px; width: 300px; clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 50%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); background: var(--accent); position: relative; [/class] [class=poly2] clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 75% 0%, 100% 50%, 75% 100%, 0% 100%); height: 400px; width: 300px; background: var(--image); background-size: cover; background-position: center center; position: relative; left: -45px; [/class] [class=container] height: 300px; width: 600px; position: relative; top: 50px; margin: auto; [/class] [class=post] height: 250px; width: 570px; background: #f5f5f5; border: 1px solid #c5c5c5; position: relative; margin: auto; overflow: hidden; font-family: Inter; color: black; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap; text-align: full; [/class] [class=header] font-family: Abril Fatface; font-size: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; color: black; position: relative; left: 15px; [/class] [class=tagflex] height: 251px; width: 350px; display: flex; content-justify: space-evenly; flex-wrap: wrap; position: relative; left: 850px; top: -192px; font-size: 12px; color: black; font-size: Inter; [/class] [class=tag] font-size: 15px; display: inline; font-family: Abril Fatface; color: black; [/class] [class=tagbox] height: max-content; width: 125px; text-align: center; [/class] [class=scroll] overflow-y: scroll; overflow-x: hidden; padding: 10px; padding-right: 25px; width: 99%; height: 100%; [/class] [class=dialogue] color: var(--accent); font-weight: bold; display: inline; [/class]

Last edited:
[class=tag] display: inline; margin-top: 10px; padding: 0px 4px 2px 4px; background: #D93131; color: #fff; [/class] [class name=tab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #D93131; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #D93131; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: .4; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=selectedtab] box-sizing: border-box; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #D93131; background: #D93131; text-align: center; font-family: Montserrat; font-size: 10px; color: #fff; padding: 4px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; transition: all .5s ease-in-out; opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] opacity: 1; cursor: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/6fb38fc5e97353c67e3fc3a2e2b29bf9/tumblr_inline_ol4nwisGdu1uxxza6_75sq.png), auto!important; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabcontents hide titleslide removeClass selectedtab tab set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (addClass selectedtab tab) if (eq ${currentTab} tags) (show tabcontents) [/script]
[div class=tab]tags
[div class="tabcontents" style="display: none;"]
[div class=tag]mood
unknown.
[div class=tag]location
charlotte's interrogation room.
[div class=tag]outfit
this getup.
[div class=tag]tags[/div] foreverandalways foreverandalways
[/div] [/div] [/div]
nicholas glass
in that passing week, nicholas had found himself trying to keep himself preoccupied with everything other than the meeting room. he baked cookies, played ping-pong with his teammates, and mostly prepared charlotte’s daily meals- anything to keep him away from all the disruption of his mother’s missing case. he’d never really been one to enjoy the quiet, but it definitely beat dealing with having to listen to his teammates ramble on and on about not knowing what to do. and anyway, he didn’t really like having to hear about all the different possibilities that they had deducted, from dealing with the girl’s memories to his mom’s whereabouts. charlotte’s meals were a good enough distraction: he had an excuse to leave and go deliver her food when things got too heated between may and the others trying to figure out all the missing pieces. it gave him a good routine, too, and even if she’d barely spoken to him at all, he looked forward to it. he figured that maybe it would’ve made up for the fact that he’d essentially lied to her back in the plane, but obviously he was wrong, considering that she’d barely muttered a sentence to him. then again, in her position he’d probably do the same. it took him to surprise, though, when she replied to him in that moment, sounding far less timid and nervous than she did back in the quinjet. nicholas whipped his head from the wall at the sound of her voice, slightly startled: that was probably the most amount of words that he’d heard from her consecutively in the last week. nick shifted from the doorway, opening his mouth to speak just to discover that he had no idea what to say to her. a few seconds passed, and he found it in himself to push open the door further and step back, rubbing the back of his neck in anticipation. “we were planning on having you here, for your safety, and till we can figure something out- unless you feel like leaving,” he stated, pulling his lips into an awkward affirming ‘smile.’ “but, uh, we’re pretty safe up here. you don’t have to worry about hydra finding you. someone has to watch you- protocol- but you can walk around and everything. if you want.”
[/div] [/div]
coded by luna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back