• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern π•‹π•™π•– ℕ𝕖𝕩π•₯ π”Έπ•π•šπ•”π•– [Looking for TWO new players!]

calypso

fairest
[class=tabs]color: #fff; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-family: Playfair Display; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; width: 550px; [/class]
[class=tab]cursor: pointer; margin: 4px; margin-top: 15px; display: inline-block; padding: 10px; width: 70px; background: #D6C8BA;[/class]
[class name=tab state=hover]color: #fff; background: #756056;[/class]
[script class=tab on=click]
hide tabsContent
set currentTab (getText)
if (eq ${currentTab} about) (show tabsContentabout)
if (eq ${currentTab} rules) (show tabsContentrules)
if (eq ${currentTab} lore) (show tabsContentlore)
if (eq ${currentTab} spots) (show tabsContentspots)
if (eq ${currentTab} links) (show tabsContentlinks)
[/script]

[div class=tabs][div class=tab]about
[div class=tab]rules
[div class=tab]lore[/div][div class=tab]spots[/div][div class=tab]links[/div][/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentabout"]
Are you the next Alice?
chris'coding
In the modeling industry, it's everyone's dream to travel to New York and work for the 'Alice and Wonderland' magazine. The main model, picked every three years, is dubbed New York's very own 'Alice.' Considered one of the most exclusive and well-known modeling gigs in the industry, aspiring younglings flock every summer to the streets of the Big Apple to compete for the coveted spot.

But there can only be one, and the competition is brutal in more ways than one.

Drugs, booze, and everything in-between is the normal for the models. Lavish parties and expensive drinks become the nightly routine, all while others attempt to sabotage their competition.

Are you a fledging model looking to break into the scene, or are you a senior veteran ready to claim what's rightfully yours? Whatever the reason, Wonderland is waiting.
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentrules" style="display: none;"]
Welcome, Alice.
chris'coding
a set of rules to ensure that the roleplay thrives:
  • Feel free to ask any questions! We'll be using discord for the OOC chat most of the time, so take that into consideration when joining. This an RP about a modeling competition, and will contain mature themes such as drugs and alcohol. If you have any triggers, please tell me beforehand and I'll try my best to avoid them. (If they're something that's likely vital to the RP, I'll make sure to inform you and you can decide if you wish to stay or not.)
  • Don't be scared to make mean characters! You can play the innocent model unsure of the world, but I want to see some diverse characters that can grow! Speaking of characters, I want to keep the size of the cast relatively small. I would say eight players, including myself. I don't really care about gender as romance shouldn't be the main focus, but I'll attempt to keep it somewhat even. (But hey, if we have more gals than guys or vice-versa, I don't really mind!) There are no set roles, but this also isn't first come first serve. I'll be looking through the characters thoroughly and accepting those who best fit the RP. I'll accept realistic faceclaims or realistic portraits. (Please no anime art, keep everyone human looking.)
  • I'm looking for advanced players. 2-3 paragraphs minimum for a post, with a firm grasp on the language. Mistakes happen, and I won't harp on anyone for small grammatical errors. I just want people who love to write, and do it well! [If you wish, feel free to include a writing sample somewhere in your sheet. I may be more inclined to accept someone if I can see their writing beforehand!]
  • Please only apply for one character!
  • I'd like a post once a week, but more is welcome as long as you aren't doing a constant back and forth with one person. As long as you tell me you'll be absent, I'm not one to take you of the RP. [If you're gone without any messages or updates, that's a little different.]
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlore" style="display: none;"]
Smile! Everyone is watching.
chris'coding
about alice and wonderland
Known for being the most popular modeling company in the business, 'Alice and Wonderland' is a well-established monthly magazine. Fashionistas often find themselves buying copies months ahead of their publishing time due to the rate at which the 'zines sell out. Anyone who's anyone has been featured in the exclusive magazine, and many get their jump-start as their star model. Known as 'Alice,' the model can be of any gender. Normally in their early twenties, the 'Alice' has fought tooth and nail to get their gig. Once they're in, they're in.

the competition
Mysterious and intense, the competition to become the next 'Alice' is almost as big as the title itself. The special comes around every three years when the new 'Alice' is picked, and eager models become the face of America for the following months. Exclusive photoshoots are leaked through the program, and soon the models become household names. Fan-favorites are picked, and their lavish lifestyles are put up for the world to see. But not everything is made for primetime...

the companies - major sponsors of the competition
9a0206e4f1b4793f54eb99ed295fd466.jpg

modesty

d520a8c688574953e8e6ac7b99f7b1d7.jpg

zora

2e4689215d8fc86d43d3844a0a212486.jpg

red queen

9f76e84479eb96f65d578400755f6cd9.jpg

divinity
Four major companies are known to help sponsor the competition, hoping to sign any models that are rejected from becoming the next 'Alice.' Each one presents a different style and ideal, but all have their own motives for investing so much.

[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentspots" style="display: none;"]
Are you ready for your life to change?
chris'coding
Down here I'll be putting reservations for anyone who wants a specific face-claim! Please check here before making your sheet.

models -
[/div][div class="tabsContent tabsContentlinks" style="display: none;"]
See you soon, little doves.
chris'coding
when threads are made, the links will go here for ease of access.
[/div][/div][/div]

I was super interested in this even before I read the fact you could make male characters, and I almost exclusively play males. But I was willing to play a female because I really like this idea a lot.

That said, hi, I'm very interested in this.

I'm interested! This is a very nice premise. Might I ask, though, how you feel about NPCs or players playing side characters? I know you said that we shouldn't apply for more than one character in the rules section; would it be acceptable if I still took on an NPC? Basically, I have an idea for a character who isn't a model. He'd be a top-notch stylist that helps the models get ready, listens to their troubles and plans, and eventually winds up picking sides himself even though he's supposed to remain objective. I just think this would make for a really fun character to play, but I totally understand if you're not willing to accept an NPC like this. In any case, I'm still more than happy to join in with just a main character.

I'm interested! This is a very nice premise. Might I ask, though, how you feel about NPCs or players playing side characters? I know you said that we shouldn't apply for more than one character in the rules section; would it be acceptable if I still took on an NPC? Basically, I have an idea for a character who isn't a model. He'd be a top-notch stylist that helps the models get ready, listens to their troubles and plans, and eventually winds up picking sides himself even though he's supposed to remain objective. I just think this would make for a really fun character to play, but I totally understand if you're not willing to accept an NPC like this. In any case, I'm still more than happy to join in with just a main character.
I'm totally okay with NPCs used in the story! I'll be using a lot of them myself, and I have no issues with players using them as well as making their own.

I'm totally okay with NPCs used in the story! I'll be using a lot of them myself, and I have no issues with players using them as well as making their own.
Wonderful! I'm really looking forward to this. I hope it garners more interest and that we can start working on our characters soon.

Wonderful! I'm really looking forward to this. I hope it garners more interest and that we can start working on our characters soon.
I hope so too! If I get around five players (besides me) posing interest, I'll put the character sheet.

The character sheet is up!

More people can still join and apply, just note your interest here first please!

I was super interested in this even before I read the fact you could make male characters, and I almost exclusively play males. But I was willing to play a female because I really like this idea a lot.

That said, hi, I'm very interested in this.
Dude, same. That said, I might take a while to come up with a CS so hopefully slots stay open.

Characters will be accepted tomorrow in the afternoon or late at night depending on how evil my puppy decides to be. So probably at night.

also yes ik it's midnight and technically the 1st but I have had no timEEE

Ohoho! Bumping this thread for some new players! None of the challenges have started yet, and if you join by this week, your character will be in the first challenge like they joined from the start!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back