• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern π•Šπ•–𝕠𝕦𝕝 '𝟝𝟘

Sylvio

My mind plastered to your screen
Roleplay Type(s)
A New North Korea

In the 1970's, The Central Military Commission overthrew Kim Jong-Il, murdering him, every member of his family, and those loyal to him. As the junta took over, they decided to change the approach of the nation. Shifting away from their Stalinist economy, attempting to be on par with their southern neighbors. Focusing development on education and technology.

In a similar fashion, they quelled anyone who spoke against the Committee and had the dissenters executed.

By the 1980's, North Korea had a government that was similar to that of China. Highly educated citizens who were loyal to the Worker's Party of Korea and the Commission.

In order to maintain loyalty within the nation, North Korea held patriotic events such as youth sports competitions, the construction of Juche Tower, and of course extensive use of the media. Mourning the loss of the Kim family and other comrades who were said to be assassinated by Americans. Stirring patriotic fervor that resulted in the Korean People's Army growing in number. Eventually the seat of Supreme Leader was given to puppets of the Commission.

By the 1990's, North Korea's economy was right below that of South Korea's and a technology race was about to occur.

The Samsung-Apex Technology Race

The North and the South each had their own huge technology corporations. Samsung and Apex. They were each other's main rivals when it came to producing new technology. Samsung focused on digital cinema products, mobile phones, televisions, and home appliances. Apex focused developing on mobile phones, computers, biomedical technology, agricultural technology, and internet service. Their products and services were popular all over the world and each had their market values under $1 trillion, with each one overtaking the other briefly.

At one point in 2010, Apex developed ApexSocial. Their very own social media platform that became popular in many places around the world. It was immediately blocked by South Korea, the United States, Canada, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand, and the European Union after subtle North Korean propaganda messages were imprinted on the app.

In 2020, Apex was about to make a breakthrough. They started going into weapons research and military grade tech thanks to funding from the Committee. They were the biggest weapons supplier in Asia. With their biggest buyers being China, India, Saudi Arabia, the Philippines, and Iran. Apex's market value skyrocketed and so did the North Korean economy with an increase in exports and being allowed BRICS membership. They're GDP was now above South Korea's.

North-South Relations

north-south-korea-flags-5_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqEduPGWXTgvtbFyMaMlYatm4ovIMMP_5WSTNAIgCzTy4.jpg
Relations between the two Korea’s were sour as they were competing for economic gain and many politicians in each country decided to jump the gun on a United Korea. The first plan was the Korean Economic Community which essentially integrated the two economies. This had received numerous pushback by huge majority of the South Korean population and the government. The idea was then held off for years, and tensions remained high. The DMZ was more militarized with more armed personnel at the border, it was deemed off limits to civilians. Defections from North Korea still remained and many had fled South. Behind its modernized paradise, it still held the totalitarian practices of the Kim family.

The NIS and CIA started espionage and surveillance of the North. They were most interested in their military assets and found them on par with their own military, maybe a bit advanced for them. In which the South Korean budget shifted to developing their military, which at this point was a decade behind the North. The United States sent more aid to the South and stationed more troops.

Protests were held to inhibit troops arriving in South Korea and a Progressive Coalition in the National Assembly put forth a refusal to any future American aid which was put into effect near the end of the year.

During the World Cup tryouts, South Korea played North Korea for the final spot in the Seoul World Cup Stadium. North Korean soccer fans were allowed into the country for the game and it was the first time in forever, Southerners and Northerners would sit side by side. The South Korean team beat the North by 4-0 and a riot ensued within the stadium. Fans were pummeling and stomping all over each other. Riot police were sent to deal with the chaos. 32 fans were dead and 20 of them were Northerners.

The next year, North Korea's nuclear missile program was seeing new development and two tests were performed, which escalated tensions. The U.S government who was now anxious of the situation pulled out all diplomatic and military personnel from the South.

The Korean War-Reignited
546f70ff6da811ec2f013245-750-422.jpg
In 2030, North Korea invaded the South overrunning the DMZ and a major battle took place within Seoul. South Korea was caught off guard and a state of emergency was issued. The military tried to hold back the advancing Northerners but they were no match for their technologically advanced adversaries.

The North advanced hard and fast knocking out important targets like fuel stations, military bases, and electrical grids. Disconnecting the country from one another. Civilians were caught in the crossfire and the North had shown no mercy when they came across Southerners.

One of the most heinous North Korean war crimes was the Rape of Busan. Hundreds of thousands of South Korean civilians were raped, executed, and abducted. Approved by the Commission and covered in order to prevent international retaliation.

By 2039, South Korea was occupied and the remnants off the South Korean government established themselves in Jeju Island, turning it into a fortress. A new armistice was signed and control of the South was recognized by all except the South Korean remnants.

Chaos in Seoul
565543 The former capital of the South was a war zone after the occupation. Massive riots were daily as South Korean loyalists clashed with North Korean military which resulted in hundreds of deaths monthly. In the wake of the chaos, South Korean loyalists and patriots formed organized resistance against the occupation force. The Seoul metro was a network for resistance fighters to coordinate against the North Koreans. They had seen initial success but as time went on, the North raided the subway tunnels and sought out the dissenters.

Televised executions were held to spread fear into the public, but it only stirred anger and hatred in many southerners who sympathized with their cause.

After all the chaos, there was only one resistance group that remained. The Taegueks. Basing themselves off the yin and yang of their flag, continue to operate the old subway tunnels and above ground in hopes of freeing Seoul and eventually the nation. Many other resistance groups remain, but the Taegeuks remain top priority of the KPA and MSS.

440px-Taegeuk.svg.png

Seoul 2050

fwqj4e0q0nk01.jpg

The year is now 2050 and life in Seoul has retuned to normal. The only thing different is the flag. The now formally mentioned Democratic People's Republic of Korea and informally mentioned Korea carries out massive surveillance of its civilians and a cultural divide between the southerners and northerners are present. Northerners pour into Seoul and are the more fortunate and wealthiest of its residents. Southerners are usually discriminated against for being on the enemy side. Slums from during the occupation are still present and it is here where crime is high. There are many cases of sex and drug trafficking. The subway tunnels are deemed off limits due to the increased military presence in the tunnels. For public transit, citizens rely on the bus or the expanded monorail.

The education system incorporates general education and propaganda to a create a loyal youth foundation. In fact propaganda is everywhere. Constant dehumanizing of southerners and stressing the superiority of the North. Building upon the tension.

But many people don't concern themselves with the politics around them and choose to live life as they please.

--------------
oof ok, sorry about the long write-up but I felt it was a necessary introduction to let you know what you're getting into. This rp takes places in an alternate timeline where North Korea takes over the South if you haven't guessed or want a tl;dr. Your character will be living their own life within Seoul, their life is what you choose for them.

I must stress this is a KRP so only Korean characters and face claims only.

Make sure your character is realistic and ties into the setting. What I mean is that if you're gonna be a southerner, odds are you're not gonna be the most successful or richest person in the country or the city for that matter. You can't be a CEO, or senior government official. But you can be wealthy nonetheless. So long as you explain how they got that wealth. If you're gonna be a northerner, odds are you're not gonna be speaking against your government you'll know better or you're a patriot. You can be sympathetic to southerners if you want as well, just be warned you'll be scoffed by your northern peers (:

I'll also allow for players to control npc's (side characters and such). But don't give them too much focus.

Also please don't be OP. You're not gonna be the Supreme Leader of the DPRK, a badass resistance fighter who goes gun blazing and never gets caught, or a rocket science student who gets perfect marks across the board, a perfect social life, and has success in extracurricular activities. Everyone needs some sort of vulnerability.

But passed that your options are unlimited. If you have any questions feel free to pm me (:

When I get sufficient interest I'll set up a CS.

Last edited:
Count me in ^_^

I am curious about the image used in the 'Korean War' part of the lore. We're Exo-suits used/invented in this timeline?

Last edited:
Count me in ^_^

I am curious about the image used in the 'Korean War' part of the lore. We're Exo-suits used/invented in this timeline?

exo suits were used but not in bulk. So you won't see regulars with them

Interesting premise
Love this concept! Count me in~~
hmmm intriguing
Oh my goodness interested
*slaps hand down on nonexistent table*
I'm in-
Count me in ^_^

Hyelin Hyelin

Cs is up. Also let me know what you prefer a discord server or ooc thread (:

Ahhh thank you Jagi :3
Well I'm open for everything, so it doesn't really matter to me (:

Perhaps have the OOC for proper questions and have the discord for a bit of memeing? :D

I’m gonna see if I can reboot it. Wait for more interest and such

Users who are viewing this thread

Back