• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ;; π”½π•£π•¦π•šπ•₯𝕀 π”Ήπ•’π•€π•œπ•–π•₯ {α΄α΄˜α΄‡Ι΄--ʀᴇsα΄›α΄€Κ€α΄›ΙͺΙ΄Ι’!!}

Cerise

afloat
Webp.net-resizeimage.png

!! START DATE -- MID-JUNE !!

This is pretty much just Fruits Basket (manga/new anime) but with original characters! Some things to keep in mind:
  • Original characters only and the setting is modern Japan.
  • The doctor with the power to erase memories will be a non-cursed Sohma.
  • God will not be cruel or sickly.
  • The Cat will still be left out of cursed family affairs and somewhat ostracized due to their curse, but not to the extent of the canon.
  • The Sohmas are not as closed off, and all attended public schools/are allowed to live off the estate if they choose (but most should still live within its walls). The only rule is that university students must live at home and commute.
  • A small twist: The further down the line the cursed Sohmas are, the less benefits they receive as being part of the family. For example, God and the Rat's families are the richest and live very lavishly. The pig receives the least money, and the cat receives nothing besides a home at the estate.
  • No carbon-copies of the canon characters. The point of playing this out with OCs is to imagine how the Sohma curse/family dynamic would be different with different personalities. I will deny characters that are too close to their canon counterpart!
  • All Sohmas and outsiders are age 18-40. Side characters (family members, etc) can be any age, and don't need a character sheet.
  • Like in the anime/manga, animals can be a slight variation to the traditional Chinese zodiac (lamb, seahorse, bird, boar, etc). But please don't use canon variations.
  • LGBTQ+ friendly, the only rule is that the cursed Sohmas have to be on the sex/gender binary (male or female), for the purpose of transforming.
  • Reminder that outside being explicitly stated as siblings/cousins/etc, the Sohma family members are all distantly related and are more united by status than blood. Dating within the "family" is normal and accepted.
  • The Sohmas are all very acquainted and thus have past/existing relationships. Once our group is established we can talk who's best friends, enemies, exes, etc. Outsiders can either be acquainted or newcomers.
  • Here's a somewhat big difference: realistic faceclaims! I want this to have more of a drama feel than an anime one. Sohmas must be Japanese (mixed is fine), outsiders can be any race/ethnicity.

Rules/Guidelines:
  • 18+ only
  • To keep this from becoming a 20-person roleplay, everyone must have at least two characters. If you're comfortable with more, it's very encouraged, but only two cursed Sohmas per person.
  • Capping at 10 people
  • Again, because there will be so many people, I don't expect super lengthy posts. 1-3 medium paragraphs per character is perfectly acceptable.
    • The occasional essay if there's an important scene happening is fine, but in order to keep this rp moving at a good pace, posts shouldn't be long most of the time.
  • Cursed Sohmas must be gender-balanced. After 7 of them are one gender, I'm only allowing the rest to be filled as the lacking gender.
  • A few posts a week minimum, but because the post length is not overwhelming more is very very encouraged!
  • After 10 or so days of not hearing from you, I'll assume you ghosted and open your spots in the family up. If you need a hiatus, please reach out! However if it's going to be longer than two weeks we'll need to have a discussion about keeping your spot(s).
  • If you're new to the fandom and are still interested in joining, please feel free! The lore is relatively simple and with a little research you'll comfortably jump right in.

--
Character Sheets

We will vote on RPN or Discord once a group is established.

Last edited:
Yay!! I started watching Season 2 of the reboot and had such a strong craving for this! My first ever rp was Fruits Basket one so it's very nostalgic for me<3

thanks for all the interest everyone!! I'll go ahead and create a main rp thread this afternoon so we can get started! the first post will include settings, season, upcoming events, etc. so you'll have a good idea of where to kick off

Hey! I'm so interested in this and I've always been a FB fan so is there any spots left for outsiders? :0

Hey! I'm so interested in this and I've always been a FB fan so is there any spots left for outsiders? :0

hi Mera! yes, we can have an unlimited amount of outsiders! we also have the roles of God and several cursed Sohmas open c:

So, if I'd like to make the God,,,What could the bio be? in case this is like a plot related role as I assume it is. I have the God sheet done I just need some clarification on what to do for her Bio LOL I also have an outsider in the making

So, if I'd like to make the God,,,What could the bio be? in case this is like a plot related role as I assume it is. I have the God sheet done I just need some clarification on what to do for her Bio LOL I also have an outsider in the making

anything you'd like! the plot is pretty loose right now with lots of room for everyone to input ideas. you can start with how she was raised, her views on the curse, whether she is actively trying to break it or enjoys the power, etc.

main rp thread is live!! link on the first post! please feel free to make your intro posts and get some interactions going c:

also ;; i'm not familiar with Discord but that seems to be popular here, would y'all rather have that than an ooc thread?

main rp thread is live!! link on the first post! please feel free to make your intro posts and get some interactions going c:

also ;; i'm not familiar with Discord but that seems to be popular here, would y'all rather have that than an ooc thread?
anything that's good for you! I can do OOC thread or discord but I think discord would he more organized and I'd be more in it LOL it's easier to type and such

You guys and your fancy codes I'm too much of a noob and a caveman to even know how to use them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back