• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔯𝔦𝔭. {ᴄʟᴏsᴇᴅ}

Cerise

afloat
To Agent #__ of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency Subdivision 745A
Dated 5 December 2026

The age we have feared is upon us. Your division has been specifically trained to handle the Endcoming, but due to its premature appearance and nature, we have not had time to adequately prepare. Your unit will be acting on limited current intelligence and we are relying on you to adapt to whatever changes or unknowns you may encounter.

What we know is that the first Ripping occurred on 30 October 2026. There were five who entered but a sole survivor who exited, left in a psychosis-induced vegetative state. Since then we have observed that Rips vary in intensity and environment. We have reason to believe some have entered and exited without ever noticing, while others, like those exposed to the first occurrence, face life-altering experiences or even death.

Because The Rip may occur at any time in seemingly any location around the world, travel is being severely restricted and the world will go into lockdown. The announcement is pending the world leaders' approvals but will be happening later this week.

No one will be safe, even confined to their homes. Time is of the essence. We have reason to believe Bristol, RI, the origin of The Rip, holds the answer to saving humanity.

You have been hereby called to San Antonio, TX, where your expedition to Bristol will begin. This is the closest location to your current whereabouts we can outfit you for the journey, while minimizing the risk you encounter The Rip on the way.

This mission is dangerous. The Rip is unpredictable, even for the iron-minded individuals of your unit. The road will be strenuous with many instances of entering and exiting. It will take everything in you to preserve your unit, and most importantly, yourself. But we have every reason to believe you will put a stop to the Endcoming. Saving the world as we know it lies in your hands.

Signed,

Director Shepard

A group of gifted CIA agents must end an apocalyptic phenomenon called The Rip. They will travel to a small town in Rhode Island in an attempt to do so, where the origin of The Rip lies.

The Rip is, quite literally, a "rip" in the space-time continuum. Earth has been exposed to its alternate dimensions, and many of them are horrifying. A Ripping can occur anytime, anywhere, in a split second. It covers a specific area of land that can range from square feet to square miles. Everyone still exists, but environments are dramatically different. What is thought to be impossible is possible in The Rip. But no two are alike, so one can't predict what The Rip will look like in any specific Ripping. It could be as mild a change as hair and eye color, or as drastic as a dystopian society overflowing with monstrous creatures.

There are three things Subdivision 745A does not know. One, not all instances of The Rip are bad. One could enter a Ripping and be faced with their ideal lifestyle and bliss. However, having that ripped away from you once you exit is a horror in itself. Two, if there are monsters or supernatural beings in a Ripping, they are capable of exiting into the world with the agents if they are not careful. Three, The Rip has a tendency to expose alternate realities that put the entrants' worst fears, secrets and/or hidden desires on display.

-very wip! i intend there to be many surprises, twists and turns with everyone contributing their ideas-

- 18+ only
- looking for 4-5 others, two characters each preferred but if this is not possible for you let me know!
- while still following RPN guidelines, this rp will not be for the faint of heart. there will be disturbing and horrific subject matter. triggers will of course be discussed!
- post length will vary. with dialogue, combat, and other quick back-and-forth rping, one or two paragraphs is acceptable. when entering The Rip and initially describing the reality, much more is acceptable and encouraged. detail, detail, detail, and quality over quantity!
- character diversity encouraged! a variety of backgrounds and personalities will make for rich rping. all gender identities and sexualities welcome, i only ask for there to be a balance of masc/femme characters as close to half and half as possible.
- these characters are agents, therefore intelligent, skilled and relatively stable. please keep that in mind when creating, and if a character has already been submitted that is very similar to yours, please add some tweaks to make them unique!
- the Subdivision are all age 20-26 and went through/are going through rigorous training together. they are all at least acquaintances, with the older ones being very well acquainted. we'll all work together to shape past relationships before beginning!
- ooc chat is encouraged!!
- rp will either be on RPN or discord, we'll take a vote once we've established our group

Character Sheets

Last edited:
I’m definitely interested! Happy to play any gender. Are you thinking of this as a singular Rip event or multiple? As in would we all be together or in different alternate realities? Just curious!

I’m definitely interested! Happy to play any gender. Are you thinking of this as a singular Rip event or multiple? As in would we all be together or in different alternate realities? Just curious!
awesome!! this is a singular event. the characters will only be entering the rip temporarily, from time to time. for example, while they're driving, they could find that they've entered one and their reality is altered. they will not know how large this particular ripping is, so they could be in it for miles or a few seconds. think of the rip as small to large "zones" of particular alternate realities!

So basically SCP?
i wasn't sure what that was, but after a google search, not exactly? instead of one task force assigned to containing a variety of paranormal things, it's one task force trained in the hypothetical endings of the world only to be faced with something beyond anything they could have prepared for

thorspuddingcup thorspuddingcup yes, although if this is a major turn-off for the majority then i'll consider changing it

I am getting back into roleplaying after about a 4 or 5 year break. Although this sounds really great, I dont think I am ready to take on two characters at once at this very moment. Good luck, and have a good day!

there's a link to the character sheet on the first post c: i currently don't have my characters up but will by this weekend!

Sounds super interesting! I'm also coming off a break of my own, so managing multiple characters to start might be a little tricky. If that isn't an issue, then I'd love to join!

hi all! yes no worries if multiple characters is a problem for you, we can definitely manage with only one each! however if you're able to do two i'd appreciate it c:

I'm incredibly interested. I'm new to this site, so it's taking some time for me to figure out the mechanics of it all, and this would be my first RP in who knows how long. But I'll be creating a character, depending on how the first one develops in creation I may try to do two as per your request! This is a unique storyline and I cant wait to have the opportunity to try and be a part of it!

I'm defiantly interested

what scale of abilities are you looking for?

Also a question when you say realistic for the face-claim can it still be drawn (in a realistic fashion) I'm having a terrible time finding a picture to use that fits what I'm looking for that isn't animated. I'm so sorry!

Kidzait Kidzait anything realistic, such as unarmed combat, etc. mental skills could be hacking, speaking other languages, etc.

Maskruelty Maskruelty thank you for asking!! realistic, as in real people, only please c: for the sake of consistency among character sheets! if you're having a hard time looking try pinterest, you can get ultra-specific with descriptions and find some great ones

Kidzait Kidzait anything realistic, such as unarmed combat, etc. mental skills could be hacking, speaking other languages, etc.

Maskruelty Maskruelty thank you for asking!! realistic, as in real people, only please c: for the sake of consistency among character sheets! if you're having a hard time looking try pinterest, you can get ultra-specific with descriptions and find some great ones

Okay, I posted my CS last night but I can definitely change the faceclaim! I'm sorry!

Maskruelty Maskruelty I use Unsplash for photos and it might take some digging but they have some beautiful portraits on there!

Cerise Cerise do you just want me to play one character since that seems to be the majority so far? I’m happy either way, just thought I’d check in c:

alright y'all we're at a solid group of 5! i'll allow up to two more and keep the cs open through the weekend c:

a quick warning -- the rp might be a little slow for the first few weeks! i'm headed into finals so i'm not going to have as much time as i wish to flesh out the plot until mid June. but i will still be active and there will still be plenty of action! just expect the ride to not get too wild until then!

one more thing -- i edited the sheet to include physical and mental weaknesses as well, if you haven't already included both please do so for your characters!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back