• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

One x One medieval

The Witch Son

and a swift justice to those that got away with it
Hi! My name is Em, I'm looking for someone literate to roleplay with.

Anyone who can comfortably write 800 words is fine by me! I don’t try to write novels but depending on the scene I can get carried away. I also like collaborating on posts and writing it like a scene. Usually using google docs so we can collaborate on the post, and then posting the finished product up on rpn. This doesn't require we be online at the same time, despite the style - but it certainly is satisfying to finish a whole scene/post in one go. I have a few plots and ideas I'd like to play out, I love multiple genres in all my rps I always think there's room for drama, action, mystery, thrill, romance in everything we write. I like to really make it good. Being detailed and creating a nice setup is fun for me! I won’t require full blown character profiles from you or anything but at least small ones with some nice pics so I can get the gist would be nice. Even though I do not require full blown profiles from you, I do ask that you have your main character(s) fully or mostly fleshed out in your head by the time we start. It isn't that I'm against making changes or edits as we go to better suit the story or plot, but that I find having your character and setting fleshed out lends to better ideas for the plot, and leads ultimately to a better roleplay. To be clear, I find it difficult to work with the 'figuring out your character as you go' type of roleplayer. I personally love doing pinterest boards for my main characters and even one for the aesthetic of an rp so if you're addicted to pinning like me lol we can bond on that.

I am more than willing to play more than one character as mains. I usually like to play men as mains but do both genders. My characters are rarely heterosexual, so don't expect that for any main characters. I like using real people or actors for character images but illustrations are fine, just nothing anime styled please. I do love anime but I don't like the images for rp purposes. Currently I'm interested in medieval type rps, lots of world building and political intrigue involved, that sort of thing. I'm full of ideas on directions and things do with these settings but would love for the both of us to create the rp in terms of setting and characters and direction. So I expect my partner to be just as interested in plotting as I am. I think of this as a two-way street. That said I totally understand needing breaks or having a schedule, I don't expect to put a post up every day necessarily and I don't expect that from my partner either. As long as we keep communication steady it should be fine for either of us to just chill and not write if need be.

As for schedule, I'm honestly pretty chill and I do work full time so I understand that life requires ppl to be present. If you want a strict writing schedule I'm probably not for you.

I prefer to use discord as our chat (i love to chat and be friends with who i'm rping with! Discuss life and all that.) and the forums for our rp setup. Plots are below. Please be 18+, I don’t do smut but I prefer rping with someone older. Below is an example of my writing in the form of a 1x1 rp that is still going strong. All posts there are collab posts done on google docs with my partner.

Here is my sample;

In the life of a noble it is expected that you marry whomsoever your parents deem fit. It is an arrangement, not a courtship, even more so if you are of royal blood. These arrangements advance families and tie others together in a peaceful bond, sometimes they even go so far as to end a war. Such is the case here, between Kingdom A and B, two countries who are sworn mortal enemies. In the last battle before fighting ceased, the King of A was slain. It was a mercy on the part of B to give the country time to grieve, and unexpected, given that B’s King is young and strong. Some pushed him to attack while A was weak, but having slain its king, he sees instead a different opportunity. A treaty is being drawn up, an attempt at peace is being made, in marriage between the King of B and A’s only heir there is a chance to unify the two countries. Can the two peoples be unified despite the enmity? Can the fledgling Queen reconcile with the man who killed h(is)er father? This and more stands in between the young couple, but no matter what happens, they will have to marry. Till death will they part, a death that may come sooner than later if they aren't careful of both others and each other.

I have the Queen of Theren [F or M] and the Chancellor [M or F]
*there's a m// version of this plot where the "Queen" is actually male, and perhaps the King of B doesn't know this until it's too late? (I actually would prefer to do it this way)

Chancellor Synopsis: Ambitious, cunning, ruthless, just a few of the words used to describe the Lord Chancellor. (S)He is young for his rank, especially since (S)he was born so low and had to climb the ranks from the bottom up. Only 27 and raised from nothing to Lord, a (wo)man from a University that took the court by storm. Thus far he (S)has made himself indispensable to the crown, and has worked hard to maintain h(er)is station, often working well into the night. Despite h(er)is common upbringing, the lord chancellor is secretly a skilled blademaster, and could put most to shame in tournaments if (S)he so chose. But (S)he prefers to keep some of h(er)is skills under wraps, to save away for later. In truth h(er)is character is much like that, mysterious and secretive, intriguing. There are some at court who sneer at h(er)im for h(er)is low birth, but none dare to act against h(er)im so long as (S)he has favor of he crown. (S)He had the favor of the King for h(er)is competence and work ethic, and now the Queen(or king) for the advice (S)he gives. (S)He knows a chance when (S)he sees it, and didn't take issue with using the fledgling Queen's(or king) fragile state to convince h(im)er to accept certain policies and treaties. This includes the treaty with Kingdom B.

The Lord Chancellor has a network of informants and spies that reach farther than some would care to know, and as such can keep the crown better informed. Normally h(er)is job would keep h(er)im in kingdom A, but (S)he is traveling to Kingdom B to accompany the Queen(or king) while (s)he is situated in h(is)er new home. (S)He is to offer advice and help h(im)er sort out affairs between B and A. But (S)he may have a few agendas of h(er)is own while there.

This plot has a magic system that I've written up and some lore already set, but all of course is up to edits as you please. I've also got characters and some NPCs in mind. The gist is that there's a religion being spread by a 'messiah' who is performing miracles etc and seems really convincing. Magic can do some cool shit but she's doing things like raising the dead and curing the blind, you know, some jesus shit. But she's actually a witch that got possessed by a very powerful demon who has an agenda to cross over into our world, let's call it middle earth. After suitably spreading her religion she decides to settle down in one kingdom and seduces a king, becomes queen, and the king so happens to die of illness oh no. So with her in charge now she spreads the kingdom's territory with a mighty military iron fist and becomes a bit of a tyrant. Someone's gotta stop her.

My two characters are the prince who everyone thinks is dead but has actually been sold into slavery to be the medieval version of a gladiator and his half sister the messiah queen's daughter and princess of the realm. I will also play the villain, the messiah queen.

Your characters can be whatever you like? I recommend some ppl from a Great House? This is one of the more action packed rps.

In a medieval land there lies a vast Kingdom ruled by seven lords. One of these lords rules over them all, while the rest reside over the territories, ruling the lower bannermen and peasants. The climate of this Kingdom experiences all four seasons, with winters and summers that can last for years at a time. Magic laces the history books and intrigues many a dreamy young person, though all that can be said of it now is myth. In the noble courts there is political struggle and romantic drama aplenty.

King Lucian is an intemperate and capricious man, a narcissist drunk on his own power. He believes himself untouchable. His courtship of the Lady Evangeline blew hot and furious, he would not accept no as an answer, he had to have her as his Queen. This brought her low ranking family great prestige very quickly, one minute they were nothings, the next, part of the royal family. During the pregnancy of their first child the King began to take mistress after mistress. This embittered the Queen but she carried on and gave birth to a Princess. The affairs continued and whenever she caught him, which was often, there would be yelling and screaming all throughout the castle. Many a poor Lady’s life has been ruined coming between the two rulers, and due to the constant stresses of her life the Queen miscarried four pregnancies, at great expense to her health. Finally, seven years after taking his first Queen the King divorced her, an uncommon but allowed scandal, especially when you are a King. The Queen, now only a Lady, was stripped of most of her properties and riches, and tossed aside, not even allowed to take her daughter with her. To make matters even worse, the King’s next choice of Queen was a mere maid, from the Queen’s own bedchambers. This sort of thing was unprecedented in the history of the Kingdom, however it has lasted the test of time, and though the King carries on having affairs the castle is peaceful and quiet with its new obedient Queen. The Queen, Freya, has provided the King with two Princes and a Princess.

During the long and harsh winter, the longest that the land had gone through in years, there was a revolt against the King, someone reached for Lucian’s Crown, a mistake that cost an entire noble family their lives. It is lucky that those who joined this family’s cause are spared, for the most part. The frost has melted and the flowers are blooming once more, the bitter skirmishes are ended, and in an effort to heal his Kingdom, or rather forcefully seal the bonds and loyalty his nobles hold to him, the King is holding court again. This time, with the aim to marry his royal children to advantageous marriages, and to see his eldest children begin making heirs. But who is heir to the throne? Is it the first Princess, who is beloved of the people and already an expert diplomat whose lineage is noble through and through; or his eldest Prince, as is more traditional and yet whose lineage includes a former maid as a mother?

And with the blooming flowers there awakens forces which have hibernated for too long, who are coming back to the land whether people believe in it or not. Magic is coming to the mortals once more, and bringing with it all of its horrors.

I have a set of seven families written out and basically we'd divide them up and play them in various levels of mains and npcs. It might sound like a lot but we'd only be posting at most with a couple of characters and the rest are mostly just there to interact with our mains or drive the plot forward, they don't have to have their own posts and whathaveyou. Now, while I do have these families written out already I want to stress that edits and such to them are totally fine. There's a lot about this rp I've already thought out but I don't want you to feel like anything is set in stone. If it's fun or something you like, I'll want to implement it.

Pin Board

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back